Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews for Security Supervisor

Found 633 reviews matching the search See all 14,223 reviews
Its work
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 11, 2019
It is a place you are bound to get hired and depending on the post you are stationed will determine how much you are paid and if they care about your attire
good easy job
ASSISTANT SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2019
upper management is completely all over the place with very little communication between of contract managers other then that it is a really solid entry level security job
Fun team members
Security Officer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 11, 2019
Alliied has Great management and team members and great sites. If I didn't get sick, I would have stayed.
Great opportunity for advancement. Support for the officers.
Poor Culture
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 8, 2019
The culture at the property is horrible. Supervisors can barely get people to do their jobs because the people don't think that they are getting paid enough to do it. It can be frustrating.
N/a
Security Officer/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 4, 2019
I worked Monday -friday. I worked under DCAS my site was chill. I work for them again but different management. The work environment ♻️ was nice as well.
Not bad
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHJune 2, 2019
Laid back job I enjoyed wish I could have continued to grow with the company. I learned a lot and advanced quickly I would love the opportunity to work for allied again
Bad company stay away.
Security Supervisor/Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TNJune 1, 2019
Bad company. They will lie to you from the start. Upper management sucks I was a supervisor and the person that was our accounts manager was lazy didn't help and lied about scheduling and the schedule I took was the whole reason I took the job.
Great Opportunity, Free Uniforms, Great Pay/Benefits
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 28, 2019
Excellent training
Great Supervisors
Lots of Walking
Rewarded for reporting security issues
Good hours/overtime
Fun and challenging job
Location near home
Comfortable building and clean
Pros
Great training, Support from Supervisor, Great Location
Horrible management
Security Operation Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 24, 2019
My account manager made the job seem impossible, when in reality it wasn't. He would constantly micro-manage, had blatant favorites (which would never get fired, even when breaking clear code of conduct rules), and regarded us as "dumb mother f*ckers." All of this stems from the top down, everyone in management was complacent to all the drama and unnecessary things that were happening on site. I tried to enjoy my time there, my guys didn't want me to leave. But, I would not let myself be devalued by someone who couldn't care less about me, regardless of my skill set, and that I was "replaceable."
Pros
Paid lunches, Pto
Cons
Horrendous management
Its okay, more than a 3 star
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMay 23, 2019
my only issue was a lack of communication between management and myself. The job, retail or professional is fine, the people are fine, but sometimes rich people or mall people get crazy. How am I supposed to patrol if im to be unseen and end up sitting in a closet all shift? But thats more about the client than the company itself. just know you'll be at the mercy of whatever corporate yuppie wants to mess with you that day.
Pros
breaks, lunch, uniforms can actually be nice
Cons
people are stupid, "customer service" having to stay over because the next guy is late
Gd place to work managers need better traning
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 19, 2019
Gd place to work I enjoy working with the public and my my fellow security officers and patrol captains I dont like the district manager A/M mgr
Pros
Love working with my fellow security professionals
Cons
I dont like the District manager and General manager
manditory weekend
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2019
No one wants to work weekends.
Twelve hour shifts When you request a day off its hard to get get it. Its a set schedule no rotation. Have to deal with AA (Amazon Associates being rude
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
hard to get days off
fast pace work place
Security Officer Patrol Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 16, 2019
good place to work
this place make u a better officer
management are great easy to communicate with.
great workplace culture
making sure complete your route
it fast pace workplace.
A Disorganized and Underpaid Mess
Security Supervisor 1 (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 12, 2019
Allied Universal is one of the most disorganized companies that I've ever worked for. Management struggled to communicate, or if they did it was in hostile and very unhelpful ways. Very few in positions of power were competent. My account manager is by far one of the best bosses that I've ever had, and I enjoy working with the other supervisors. Pay has been an issue, either with it just generally being too low or consistent pay discrepancies, there was almost always an issue. They also took too long to apply any raises that we were required to receive, and there was an unfulfilled overall pay increase for our site, despite being told that we could look forward to one.
Pros
Access to insurance, eHub schedule and pay stub access
Cons
Low pay, insufficient insurance quality, bad management, miscommunication
Security
Security Officer / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOMay 10, 2019
The job in itself is easy, but management makes it stressful by using negative reinforcement to get employees to do their jobs and threatening people in order to get results. The company does not offer vacation or any other paid time off, however, I am grandfathered in under contract and get three week off. Thought the company is moving towards taking our vacation away as well.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Healthcare and poor policies
typical day ok
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  1760 marketApril 20, 2019
Poor/experienced management. The environment has become less rewarding in the aspect of customer service. Lot of cultural changes management styles are unappealing to clients. Causing many unresolved personnel issues.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Good work place
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2019
Allied was a great company until they took our vacation time away .. No vacation with pay no more .Raises. Loose all the good officers . Coast of living has gone up an we are still at the same pay as last years.
Pros
No vacation pay
Cons
Good accounts
An okay company
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 13, 2019
I’ve worked for this company for about 2 years. They bought out the previous company and then they merged. My boss is ok but not great . Our account manager is awful. I’ve met him once and all he did was throw pens and note pads with the company logo . No help , no questions answered
Pros
Hours
No Advancement
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 12, 2019
This is an ok company, if your looking for no future. Most officers do not get lunch breaks, And you are told to work 12 hour days without notice. This was a GREAT company when it was Allied Barton. But now.... NO
exceptional manager
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palos Park, ILApril 10, 2019
Great boss to work for. He is thorough and willing to be of assistance whenever something is needed. They are lenient as long as your willing to put the effort in.
Pros
different sites
Cons
some sites arent union