Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews for Sergeant

Found 25 reviews matching the search See all 14,478 reviews
Underpaid/Overworked
Shift Sergeant (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 14, 2019
Currently working 50+hrs a week, and only making $13.50 an hour while working the Boeing Site. There has been one fifty cent pay increase in the last year.
A supplemental income job
Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2018
I would not recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a way to provide as a way of life the pay is terrible and there is no advancement or opportunities
Pros
you have a job
Cons
everything abot this company
Fun workplace
Assistant Operations Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 11, 2018
The IMF is a fun place to work we have Spring and Fall Meeting which allows for overtime. My shift is 0700-1500 outside in rotation and i love it because I come in retrieve my radio- sign in - weapon to post outside for a half and hour. I learn you have to be on time. Management is great for the most part. Workplace culture is exciting because you see different cultures and languages.The hardest part of this job is keeping up with schedules and short lunch breaks. The most enjoyable part of job is payday.
Pros
free lunch with longer breaks
Cons
short breaks
Good company
Security Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYJanuary 11, 2018
I have worked for AlliedBarton on a couple of occasions; overall, they are a good company to work for. They are the experts in the private security industry.
The only downfall is they could pay a little better.
Depends on your goals
Sergeant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2017
Although the pay is not great, it is better than nothing. The job is good too and it flexible with hours if you have kids, work, and go to school. Depending on where you are you may have a good work environment and they just might be some leniency towards you.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Awful compensation
Does not care for their employees.
Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 8, 2017
Poor communication with management. They will hire officers with no experience or a friend that does not care to do the job correctly. They will work you 16 hour days sometimes.
Awesome workplace
Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 4, 2017
Working at Allied Universal is really nice, the new account manager is really nice, at time things can get hectic, but thats the job we choose. Nice job an place to work
Very slow, very easy, very low pay.
Security Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 14, 2017
There is minimal advancement, very low pay unless you score a higher priority site, and typically allied messes up when shipping out supplies and uniforms.
Pros
Simple, Easy-Going, Good Co-workers
Cons
Low Pay, Minimal Advancement
Lack of management
CONSOLE OFFICER/ SHIFT SERGEANT (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXAugust 17, 2017
Working at the Marathon TRD site was great and I enjoyed working so closely with the MPC employees, yet Management within my company was a joke. They go back on their word all the time and they scam people out of money. The turnover rate of employees was exceptionally high.
SECURITY SERGEANT (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 5, 2017
Good Leadership and coworkers
managers take care of there employees
company works with the employees and helps them achieve there most potential. great place to work
Do not have high expectations from this comany
Transit Systems Security Full Time Watch Sergeant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 14, 2017
I worked with this company for almost 3 years. Management always sucks and seem to be a bunch of people in suits who seem to not be able to be bothered with issues you are having and will hold you responsible even if you tried and documented on multiple occasions to ask for help. Let this place be a stepping stone for you. Get in Make some money to hold over and then find a better job and get out. If not you will eventually see this place for what it is and regret it.
Pros
Cons
to many to count
Company has alot of good sites.
Sergeant/Rover (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 17, 2016
The posts I've been assigned to have been a pleasure to work at. The clients I dealt with on a daily basis were for the most part pleasant and a pleasure to serve.
Pros
Good Overtime
Cons
Reliefs come late.
AlliedUniversal is a good company
Specialist Sergeant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 16, 2016
This is a very good company to work for. I have been with this company for over 3 years and still going strong and will contribute all my time with this company cause they treat me very good.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Pay is not good
Great experiance for future law enforcement
Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJune 9, 2016
A typical day usually starts off with patrolling different sections of the mall and customer service. I have learned how to handle different situations that may arise as a security professional. I was trained in payroll, scheduling and hiring procedures.
An outstanding company to work for.
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 24, 2014
Responsible for maintaining inbound and outbound traffic of the Bacardi Bottling Corporation. Responsible for the safety of personnel and property within the facility. Responsible for writing reports and maintaining log in entries of happenings within the facility.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities
Cons
Lots of walking throughout the facility.
Allied Barton
Patrol Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 27, 2013
Allied Barton is not a bad company to work for, great management team and very supportive. what I did not agree with was the control that went on with the company. I do not agree with having to hold over an officer due to another officer calling in esp., if they have other jobs to attend to. my co workers are fabulous people wouldn't trade them for the world. Of course there is always going to be issues but those could be over come with time.
Pros
Over time whenever needed
Cons
Short breaks, Automatic over time
Management Unorganized
Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCDecember 5, 2013
Multiple paycheck issues such as: Not getting paid for 30+ days, missing pay, incorrect pay-rate.

Low pay rate for most sites as compared to other security companies.
Pros
As long as the client is happy your job is easy
Cons
Management is lacking within company.
Productive work place
Patrol Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 1, 2013
Good place to work. Busy work enviorment. Place to learn.The insurance could be better. Over all good work place.
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 11, 2013
Very Busy, Stradegy planing, Risk Management Skills put to test. Pro-Active Planning and Officer Deploment operations.
Great atmosphere, and positive work force
Sergeant for 3rd shift (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2013
This particular comapny have much advancement opportunities.