Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions

Allied Universal Security Services, Systems and Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 14,209 reviews matching the search See all 14,280 reviews
Loved the experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 17, 2019
I never had any experience on being a security guard and I am glad I got the opportunity to do that with this company. I learned a lot about securing an area and being safe and applied that to my home as well.
I would not recommend working here
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 17, 2019
AlliedUniversal does not treat their guards very well. They expect you to be on call and work your off days if needed, often times averaging you to 50+ hr weeks. Often times the reasons for overtime are absurd. Reasons can range from repeat offenders that no call/no show, management messing up the schedule, or a client only wants VERY specific guards. Besides from sacrificing your personal life, they (AlliedUniversal) only care about their clients. Often times they expect you to point up with verbal abuse from some of the clients they have. Then you have clients that make false accusations against guards at their facilities. When that happens, management will side with the clients about 99% of the time. I understand the company needs to make money, but at the same time should not be throwing their own employees under. To me it explains the low morale and high turnover.
Vey Helpful Co workers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 17, 2019
I enjoyed working for Allied Universal I learned a lot of valuable lessons from my team. Everyone was team players making it enjoyable to be a work,always lending a helping hand.
Pros
Nice Site
Very good
Allied Universal Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2019
Very good, very helpful. I liked the resourceful help. The websites review of the job makes you fully tell you feel about the job you are at or are no longer at.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brownstown, MIJune 16, 2019
Okay, some things have to go wrong but I don’t want them that way they are not it was so good omg is a season for you guys to win the tournament and we will get the money.
Pros
Okay
Cons
Okay
Poor management
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2019
They don’t care about you at all don’t waste your time here it’s not worth it especially not the pay ! They start you offf with $8 and don’t plan on giving you no raise despite your experience
Great job opportunity
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 16, 2019
I really enjoyed working for this company. It was fun working as a security Job. I've always wanted to work as a security officer and experience what it would be like. the only reason I left was because it was to from where I live.
Productive and very interesting to watch mechanics work and enter the plant.
Citgo Refinery/ Level 2/Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78411June 15, 2019
I think that working for Allied Universal gave me an opportunity to learn more on Citgo Refinery outlook being there present on my security job and knowing different characters that work there. I would work there on a turn around basis again.
Unfair
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2019
I don’t really like the way they run things I was treated unfair at this company maybe I just got the wrong project manager but I didn’t have a good experience
n/a
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32803June 15, 2019
i would not dare to refer someone to allied because the management system is suck and they do not understand if you have a family or not they will change you from one good post to one of the worst one without notifie you
Company is ok, management is terrible
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAJune 15, 2019
Management will threaten your job if you deny anytime they call you in out the blue. Management is all over the place regarding SOP and guidelines pertaining to clients. Perfect example, our current client is outsourcing everything out to the Midwest. They’ve known this for two years now. They’ll be shutting the doors in a few months. They never mentioned that to me during the interview. Don’t exactly know what or where I’ll be in a few months.
Pros
Spiffy uniforms
Cons
Everything else
Don’t waste your time here
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Various locationsJune 15, 2019
Do waste your time they don’t advance white people in this company and they have to many managers that have no clue. If your former military you have it made and they will hire you and make you a supervisor but if your not from the military you have no chance at getting anywhere with them
Pros
Cons
Lots
They don’t want to pay you right!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 15, 2019
They pay you the wrong hourly every week. You’re check can be short continuously. That’s very upsetting and the finance manager could not care less. Very bad company
N/a
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 15, 2019
Allied Universal is a good company with great benefits. The hardest part of the job is staying awake if you work the grave yard shift. On a typical 8 hour day is good with no problems.
Good Launching Board
GSOC Operator/Risk Analyst/Relief Watch Commander (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 14, 2019
Site selection is key. Management team can be hit or miss. Don't expect a highly lauded site or position. Fairly cut throat at the corporate level.

Overtime can be non-existent or pushed upon you in heaps. Depending on who/how you are this may be a positive rather than a negative.
Pros
National Company, Flexible Hours
Cons
We're just a step above mall kiosk employees.
My Experience was not good
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 14, 2019
My personal experience of my individual site was terrible. My management was very Petty. Any complaints I tried to bring to attention were ignored or purposefully Misdirected.
Bad management
Museum guard (Former Employee) –  Cooper HewittJune 14, 2019
Operations Manager is underqualified, lazy and racist. Speaks to his guards rudely. Has favoritism, lack professionalism and morale. Terrible manager.
All depends on what you wished for when starting work with Allied.
N/A (Current Employee) –  NVJune 14, 2019
Firstly, I can only comment on my state. I live in a Western state with a few large Metro areas.

Satisfaction working with AUS depends on what you were expecting at the start.If you are after low paid work with no real benefits,and no job security, they are the company for you. To be fair, some of this applies to all contact security, outside of specialist work, or specific government contracts.

Advancement depends on your gender, and whether or not you served in the military. Military service cancels out management job specifications, as does personal relationships. Promotion beyond the shop floor for women depends on age and military service. There are few women in supervisory positions, and two that I know of personally had to threaten law suits to gain promotion.

If you are only interested in a job paying around $15 an hour, and are not after any advancement or career, then it is ideal and a great place to work. I very much enjoy my work, and have learnt not to have expectations based on skills or experience.
Great Experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLJune 14, 2019
I enjoyed my time with Allied Universal,They were very professional and very understanding.I enjoyed working at the site. I enjoyed working at the site and also working together as a team with my co workers.
Horrible work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2019
Didn't enjoy working two years and get no raise or anything of that nature. They asked me for uniform sizes about 4 times and I never seen an actual uniform come in
Pros
Cons
Poor management