Allied Universal

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Good place to work at

Featured review

Allied Universal selected this as a representative review
Great job. Good hours. Good management. Advancement is good. Good coworkers. I got promoted in less than 3 months. Paid lunch and pto accrual. I recommend

This place is HORRIBLE. If you look hard enough, you WILL find better opportunity in security where you will be cared about and fairly compensated.

My experience at Allied Universal was anything but enjoyable. They will put you on sites with no information and they will avoid helping their guards.

Pros

None.

Cons

Low pay, Unresponsive management, Poor/hazardous working conditions, Late pay with no attempt at explanation, No advancement opportunities, management will lie about your potential advancement to keep you, Zero attempts made from management for formal training

Run Away

The hours are long, the pay is abysmal, and the management sucks. There is no concept of work/life balance… just work. Breaks are nonexistent and relief at the end of your shift is questionable. Abuse comes from both Allied and client management.

Pros

Weekly paycheck

Cons

No breaks, low pay, management sucks

Good to dip your toe in security

Working with allied is my first time working, security. Its not hard and they work with your schedule. If you feel uncomfortable at a post, they try to help accommodate to you.

Pros

not stressful

Cons

Boring

Communications could be much better between managers & supervisory staff throughout the company as an industry.

I have ot worked for the company for less a year but I do notice there is a huge opportunity for overtime due to a shortage of staff in certain areas of need for security professionals.

Pros

Breaks are granted to employees to help them recoup after difficult times

Cons

As an employee we are.not allowed to leave assigned shifts until a relief arrives to relieve us.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Not a bad place to work

I like working for this company as far as compensation and work / posts go . I have a problem with managements lack of communication and attention to issues when presented to them. Security Officers are in high demand , step up the game or officers will go elsewhere.

Pros

Friendly people

Cons

Lack of communication

Easy but boring

Very easy work for not a lot of money. Co-workers were often not reliable so you constantly get out later than you're supposed to and often wont get paid for it. Ops managers were also not very reliable. If you get a good site, as long as you stay awake and pay attention you're good.

Pros

-Easy -plenty of shifts and overtime if you want it

Cons

-boring -low pay

It will pay the bills.

It is an easy and straightforward job. It’s not hard to get hired. It’s hard to get fired unless you just don’t care. But scheduling, payroll, and communication issues are abundant. If you love opportunities for overtime, this is the place for you.

Pros

Get paid weekly, easy job, depending on what site you work the pay is good, coworkers are nice

Cons

No breaks, frequent scheduling and payroll errors, communication with mgmt could improve

Great company

Great companyGreat coworkersGreat PayGood BenefitsFlexibleGreat Management Job securityPositive Work EnvironmentGood Work/ Home life balance

Great for management, very poor for non management

Being a manager presents a very flexible schedule, along with pretty good pay and decent benefits. For non management, pay depends on client contract, they need to work 1 year before gaining vacation hours, and they are never given any type of sick leave.

Pros

Pretty good for management

Cons

Horrible for non management

Great company

Great company lots of overtime. There is always work. Be on call 24/7. So many different accounts and many diverse clients ranging from stores to malls to business .

Pros

Over time

Job is ok.

The main issue I have with Allied is upper management and HR is hard to get in contact with, even when it's an urgent matter. Management did not have our backs in hostile situation. Also there wasn't a decent break area for us guards. All in all, Allied isn't a terrible place to work. Depends on the site and the team. Some of these guards are so unprofessional.

Pros

It's a decent paying job, free lunch

Cons

Some sites are dangerous for little pay, unappreciated

Management was never around

There work place was fine. Never really felt like important work. Supervisor was really never around and the hours always were messed up. Never had the right pay

Great mangers work well with you

Loved the job greats mangers they work really well with you. Really care about there staff and accommodates your schedule when needed or if they can.

Easy job

I'd say it's an easy job just don't expect much of anything other than going to your post and chilling for 8 hours and then go home and do it all over again and again

Pros

Stress free

Cons

Low paying

Productive, wonderful management, constantly busy, wonderful clients to work with as long as you communicate with them. Room for advancement.

Depending on your background and personal goals and passions, overall a wonderful company to work with. As with any company, there are always pros and cons, you just need to stay away from any negativity and gossip that may arise, and focus on your purpose and role and the client. If you do that, you’ll enjoy the day to day tasks, the relationships you build with co workers and clients, and leave each shift feeling accomplished instead of resentful. Apply yourself, be open to growth, and management will see this.

Pros

Customer experiences are wonderful, being able to interact with a variety of customers and clients, extensive room for growth.

Cons

Constantly short staffed, Turn over rate is high.

Do not waste your time if you have any kind of experience!

This is a good starter job to learn as much as you can as fast as you can if, you are trying to get into the security field.They can care less about your experience and what you can bring to the table. They con you in with jobs posted at 18-21hr, during the interview those jobs are mysteriously not available and offer you jobs paying 13,,,the management team are unorganized to say the least and definitely a high turn over rate because of it, They expect you to wear all this gear that you can not use and pretend to be police officers not security,,, the attitude they bring and knowledge they give to their security guards is lot of false information and regurgitated from videos and online info,,, No valid research,,, its to get you in and get you out to a job post asap! Then they want put you where they want you vs the position you applied for, all i can say is GOOD LUCK!!

Pros

no pros

Cons

Everything else

Job freedom and independence on aite

Terrible place to work you are not trained for things you are responsible for. You are assumed to know where things are but never told where they are. You are disrespected by management as well as talked about by them. You are told one thing in training and something completely different after it

Pros

Work by yourself

Cons

Terrible management who is always looking to fire employees without cause

An ok place to work

The pay was low the benefit were poorMy Directors were decent. Lot of opportunities Many different locations to work a big company. I good place to start I wouldn’t make career working here

Pros

My bosses were decent

Cons

Low pay

Pays better than most security companies but employees lack training.

Management is poor, most don't know how to schedule or handle incidents when they are reported. They do not care if you have a medical condition. Employees don't get proper training. Supervisors only like to flex superiority. If you have time off, you will still be called to go to work. They only plus was that some locations, you get to work with good people and pays a bit better than most security companies.

Pros

Slight better pay than most security companies.

Cons

Little to no breaks, Forced to work even if sick or have medical conditions, Belittle their employees, Little to no training.

It's ok

It's an alright cool place to work. It all depends on what type of schedule you get, along with the pay rate. As for me I was able to work 4 days with some OT summing up to about 40 hours. With 3 days off.

Pros

They found a schedule that I'm currently satisfied with.

Cons

I wish they can pay more on their contracts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Universal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.2
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight