Allied Universal

Allied Universal Employee Reviews

United States32,178 reviews

Found 32,178 reviews matching the searchSee all 32,439 reviews
universalsitesecurityofficerbartonguardpatrolpost

Productive fun place to work at

Featured review

Allied Universal selected this as a representative review
It's a good job to work at, every day feels like a challenge because you don't know what to expect. The culture is very open to all. I like working with my immediate supervisor. She is an awesome person!

January 25, 2023
Thank you so much for your feedback. We will share this with management teams. We appreciate the work our team does to protect our local communities and keep people safe.

What is the best part of working at the company?I have a very accommodating supervisor. He is great to work for. Other supervisors aren't willing to work with you. Being a retired law enforcement officer my ability to get time off is very important to me. My supervisor allows me to switch shifts or arrange other officer's to cover my shifts for vacation purposes. This company is a great fit for me. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?At this time nothing...other officers that work for different supervisors aren't as lucky as I am.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Depends on who you work for...mine is good.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Mine is not stressful and I enjoy my current and previous long term assignment.

Terrible place to work

The supervisors was the worst. And the pay wasn’t good either . The would move you at a drop and cut your hours. Very clickish place to work . I worked at several locations and the courthouse was the worst.

Good hours and flexibility

Loved my time here and allied is a loyal company their management team is amazing. Great opportunities and people. The training is very good and I worked for an amazing contract.

What is the best part of working at the company?The personnel I got to work with at work site assigned What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The account manager not able to work with personnel when an emergency arose. Not taking into consideration of emergencies coming up and not having a necessary fall back plan to be able to execute except getting mad at personnel for not being able to at their assigned post. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It was toxic to many of the personnel that I worked with.What is a typical day like for you at the company?I went worked my shift and came home but also dealt with trying to fix personnel problems that would arise that the account manager didn't want to deal with and handle

A lot of walking

You’re assigned a post to start shift. Management was new at the time but all nice guys. Everyone at least on my shift got along well. Hardest part probably walking 8 miles a shift. Talking and helping people was best part. Wasn’t a bad job besides the low pay

Great Client, poor Company to work for

Typical Security job. Too corporate heavy. Payroll issues are non stop. The client takes better care of you than your company management. The local office people are nice people but I am not sure they are given the tools to do their jobs efficiently. Pay is low, not even a living wage.

Could be better

A company blessed with limitless of room for improvement. Sort of like a chocolate cookie with rasins or pineapple pizza. Not everyones flavor but works for some.

Pros

Some of the managers are EXCEPTIONAL

Cons

Good track record does not count when decising to let you go.

Chill and laidback

It is a very easy job, depending on which site your at. You just have to be vocal about what site you like and if you want to work there or not. Management lacks communication at times, but as long as your willing to show up you’ll be fine.

fun coworkers but management is useless

i enjoyed working with my coworkers and my boss was great but the company itself is just another big corporation that will work you to the bone when they need you but when you need more hours all of the sudden your help is not as needed

Productive, and Fun Place to Work

Awesome company, including management, and have great benefits, too. I work for the company, on, and off 2019 to 2022. My only regret is not sticking with the company, and working somewhere else.

Poor management and unpredictable changes

Working here is probably the last resort you should consider. No opportunities for advancement, pay scale changes (without notice), and unfavorable schedules. Stay clear of this job at all costs!

wanted me to chose them over family

This company is honestly a joke. I quit because there was no life/work balance and they wanted me to chose them over my children. Ended up working with them a second time because they took over a contract at the location I worked at. Would never send anyone to them. Client or to work for.

Potential is there!

The company overall has a huge presence in the security sector. There is definitely room to grow if you put in the effort. My time with the company has not been bad and I would definitely recommend others to work for the company. Honestly, as with all contracts, it really is a luck of the draw where you land. Some accounts will be better than others and the same goes for the leadership.

Fun

Super friendly. Easy going no bother. Plus there is a chance to grow. Just that the pay. They can do better. Other than that nothing but good things to say.

great

everyone I worked with was amazing. I had a great boss and a great supervisor. If I did not had to move I would still be working with them. I had a great team.

Great

I enjoyed working for this company. They accommodated my need for different assignments. Great benefits available and uniforms,along with proper shoes, were provided.

Ehh

Meeting new people, work was okay, managment at branch doesn't know what they are doing. Permanent sites is where you will learn everything, aslong as you don't involve branch you'll be fine.

January 27, 2023

at critical moments Given uniform but have to pay for your own boots tactical belt firearm taser pepper spray handcuffs and guard card

It's tough To work security and Arizona's weather it was a 122゚ outside working light rail for Phoenix arizona Allied universal security Great place to work

Pros

Discounts Training opportunities in the future growth respect incentives

Cons

Short breaks or no breaks no lunch Mandatory stay mandatory overtime

Laid-back work environment/ boring

Working as a security officer for Allied universal is an option for some one looking for a pay check and currently looking for a job to fill in the gaps.

Unbalanced

Work crazy hours you have to stay on post even if hood relief doesn’t come not able to call out they don’t care what’s the reason sometimes posted in hectic locations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Universal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Allied Universal with

Allied Universal reviews by popular job title

• Allied Universal