Allied Universal

• Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Good place to work at

Featured review

Allied Universal selected this as a representative review
Great job. Good hours. Good management. Advancement is good. Good coworkers. I got promoted in less than 3 months. Paid lunch and pto accrual. I recommend

Depending on site

Can be a great place to work depending on managers and site you have assigned to you. Don't expect a raise. There are other sites within the company so make sure to keep a eye out for them.

A company that rewards management but is behind the curve in the work field

Company is huge so your experience may vary. Working as a multiple account manager can be easy or overwhelming depending on the sites or client you work with. My experience is highly overwhelmed and not compensated fairly. Time off is not competitive nor is work life balance for the role. However the company offers many opportunities to grow and promote and build skills.

Pros

Substantial promotional or lateral opportinities as a manager

Cons

Pay is client dependant, poor time off accurals

Good Management, Terrible Hours

The people you work with are great, but the hours are terrible. Constantly working different shifts and regularly working 70-80 hour work weeks. Management does as well as they can to help but that isn't much.

Pros

Co-Workers

Cons

Work-Life Balance

Site location

It depends on the site and if you are in the union. Union sites are the best because you get double time. You also get sick time as well. My supervisor is amazing at my site.

Pros

Paid lunch break

Cons

Hard to advance

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Not a difficult job. Easy but also easily exterminated.

I didn't mind working there for a while. Management doesn't really protect their workers from dissatisfied public. My job was partnered with the MTA so that made things a little more difficult but paid more so I dealt with it. Could be better though.

Underpaid

It's a fairly easy job at the site I'm at. But we're the lowest paid site in my city and it's just not enough to get by anymore. Turnover is bad so they haven't filled all of the positions yet and it's been that way for months now.

Cons

Underpaid, poor management action

Forgets to pay you and poor communication

Don’t waste your time with this company. Never can get a hold of someone when they forget to pay you and when you do get a hole of somebody about issues with your pay they act like it’s a bother to them.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Everything else

Great job

As long as you do your job you will love it. Lots of OT. Promotion if you really want it the opportunity is there. Great co-workers. High turnover. I like it.

Pros

Clients

Cons

Pay is low at some sites

Good Entry level position. But overworked.

The pay is fine for a entry level job into the security field but you are overworked because I believe the company has a staff shortage. The posts that I have worked are simple to work but the communication between the guards on post and supervisors can be lacking.

Security specialist

The job was great it has poor benefits though but is willing to help people grow and can be easy to Some who is great at Customer Service , And annoying to others do not like to stand for long periods of time

I do not recommend

I've been working with this company since 2017. Over the years I feel more and more unappreciated. Management is not professional. I know I have great work ethic.

Pros

None.

low pay

most security work is not stressful, though the climate of our society at this time can be impatient you still have to carry out your assignment, it is about keeping your eyes open and being alert, there can be a high turnover of staff including office and in the field supervision, this is not a transitional type job, don't waste your time if you are not motivated to perform the tasks you agreed to, you will be unable to support yourself on the pay security offers and you might get hurt if you don't keep a level head, try to develop an intuitive approach when working.

Pros

non labor intensive

Cons

low pay

G4S hostile takover is a nightmare for the guards

1 set of uniforms. The medical insurance is horrible. Its out of California, so it is over priced, yet covers less than the insurance I had through G4S at half the price. Going to the offices in Phoenix is a complete waste of time. I went to 2 different offices, both were filled with condecending, miserable people who treated me like an idiot. They did not listen to me, and did not help at all. Run as fast as you can from this company. They are even more toxic than is normal for security.

Pros

I have not experienced any yet.

Cons

Toxic, incompetent administration.

Worked as security

Company very good good pay people are nice overtime was offered could do a little better on management but other than that everything was great but I did leave due to career change

Just a number

Most security companies actually somewhat care about their workers feelings not allied they are the biggest company for a reason they do the job the cheapest and let the clients treat Guards like dirt they will never side with their guys when it comes to changes to improve anything even to make accommodations better for workers and wonder why they can’t keep anyone

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Literally everything except weekly pay

Wouldn’t Ever Work Here Again

If you live in CT and value yourself. Don’t work for this company. The work is fairly easy and your pay should always be right. The management and supervision is the biggest problems. Have to call out sick, school or family time is not a thing for this company to care about but they love taking off for all their days including holidays. Be very careful applying here specially is you plan leaving they will play with your money after that.

Pros

Pay, easy work

Cons

Management, Supervision, Inhumane to workers

People

This company does not understand employee needs. They do not allow you to be sick or injured. They expect your life to be focused on their needs. They are not family oriented. They pit their employees against each other and lie to their employees. After you are hired they do not care about you.

Pros

Cons

Many

The opportunities available to move up.

Can be a very good company but had poor management at some of their branch offices. Culture is horrible and they don't properly train managers on how to do the job.

Pros

Pay depending on positions and contracts/ accounts

Cons

Pay, job stability and work environment

Should be the last resort

Allied only cares about the bottom line. You are just a number and your life and needs do not matter to them. Turn over is very high due to a horrible work environment and culture. Little to no advancement. No PTO until after a full year then you only get 1 week a year after that. If you have other options you should try for something else first.

Job site is okay but the company is not

If you don’t mind not being able to have a life out side the work place. And working unreasonable hours for very low pay. Then it’s a great place. No room for advancement in the company. Management dose a great lip service of telling you what you want to hear but not following through with it. Lies about what you actually do and the pay to potential new hires. Oh and if literally can’t cover a shift they threaten your job. So no I would never ask anyone to work for this company nor would I come back to it knowing what I know about them and how they really just don’t care about the employees that work for them. If you give them your all don’t expect anything from them as to say thanks for all the hard work and effort you put in to the site.

Pros

People

Cons

Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Universal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.9K

InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight