Allied Van Lines Employee Reviews

Moving company
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJ 08016March 15, 2019
Fast past. Like lifting tgings and constantly moving. I like the tips that people would give. I like hands on jobs where you can learn more then just what your job teaches.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
I was a temp and i couldnt get to the warehouse easily
It was a good job at the time
Truck driver helper (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAFebruary 12, 2019
I appreciated the oppertunity of a neighbor that is a truck driver that helped me make some money over the year, this job was temporary however it impacted my circumstances at that point.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Traveling far
Awesome see new places meet new people
Non-CDL Truck Driver/Mover (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAFebruary 2, 2019
Working for Allied Van Lines is a fast pace because you got to pack household goods in 2 days load household goods in one day.

When deliveries come in you have to unload trucks reassemble furniture and unpack boxes if need be.
Pros
Hour lunches week paid vacation
Drivers Assistant
professional customer service (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Busy work, lots of travel, meeting new and interesting people, great team of managers and drivers, would have stayed if not relocated to another state.
great place to work
PACKER/MOVER (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CANovember 21, 2018
great company to work at everyone is like a family there, simple job, lot of heavy lifting, definitely straining work at times, and getting up at 330 am sometimes
Decent Company just like the rest
Professional Mover (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 26, 2018
Allied doesn't go too far to ensure they keep their employees. Always trying to cut costs like most major van lines. The work is fairly consistent if you get in with the right people and are a good mover. But unless you're a CDL driver, good luck in the winter time
hard work
SUPERVISOR/OFFICE (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCOctober 6, 2018
I worked there as a supervisor and office manager. It is really hard work for very little pay for most people. It has very few women. It is a small company and going out of business
Great place to work so far if you are with the right agency
OTR Driver Dispatcher Morse Moving (Former Employee) –  Romuslus, MISeptember 17, 2018
Work Morse/Allied van as Dispatcher and OTR Driver. Great place to work for …. You are treated like family...Company takes care of their Equipment. Regular maintenance kept up.
Pros
People care about your needs
Cons
A fast paced way to unpack old residenes and pack new residences
Labor Helper (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAAugust 15, 2018
Allied Van lines moves boxes and furniture from previous residences into new residences. The workers are mostly expert truck drivers who move things. It helps to have a semi truck
Pros
A great move
Cons
I was able to work over time when needed and was able to pick my time off.
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 1, 2018
We were always busy in the mail room. We had incoming and out going mail every day. We had to learn new procedures when the mail prices changed. We accepted mail and then had to sort and distribute it throughout the building. At one time we had over 900 employees.
Pros
It was always keeping you on your toes, you had to be careful not to put the wrong postage on the out going mail.
Cons
Sometimes we were asked to do almost impossible tasks, like figure out how to send seashells out inthe mail without getting them broken.
excellent customer communication
Self Employed Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 18, 2018
interacting with customers/client in person and by telephone on a daily basis.
I learned that what clients want most is to know that they are important and that you are listening, that you are sincere about resolving any problems they may have.
Mover
Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 5, 2018
Work was difficult at times, you earn your pay when you work as a mover, hard working. Working with customers was great, manual labor was intensive and hot during the summer months.
Made a few lifetime friends. Talk to them to this day.
Lead Packer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 2, 2018
This was not my first job. But overall the best opportunity I had to start with. Was very fortunate to have foud worked there for a while. Did hard work, but everyday was different.
Pros
Overtime after 8 hrs. Didn't ever lose overtime, and in winter had sinourity over all the packers. So, alway had work.
Cons
Benefits, none, just vacation
Very good management in florida market
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 14, 2018
Good place to work. Rvp is very attentive and hard working. Area is convenient to airport and local highways. Company spends money on safety for the equipment and facility
Very stressful environment. Difficult to work in this environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 13, 2018
This family owned business was run by a father and son who did not get along with each other and whose management style including a lot of screaming at each other and the employees. It was very stressful to go into this office every day.
Pros
Boss was not on site every day
Cons
Whenever the father and son were in the office at the same time.
- fun as could be
Logistics Analyst/Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PANovember 20, 2017
- while not my ideal job, I learned much at B&E; I was thrust into management role, and relied on my skills to enact decisions, and to direct personnel
I would verbally discuss with recruiter.
Berger Transfer An Agent (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 7, 2017
I would verbally discuss with recruiter. While Allied Van lines is a good company to be a part of, the local agencies are not customer centric. I am looking for an organization to develop and manage new clients business and be able to support to new business operationally.
A very unique way of seeing this country
CO-OWNER FRISBY TRUCKING (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 2, 2017
Lots of hard labor which gave a sense of personal satisfaction when the job was successfully completed. Used all my skill as an Executive Assistant to be an effective contractor for both corporate HQ and the customers.
Pros
Seeing this country and a sense of accomplishment
Cons
Long days away from home and physical exertion was a constant concern
mover
Mover (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 30, 2017
I moved peoples furniture from state to state. I loved to travel but at times the job was stressful. At times you get back pain and sore all over. but the money was good.
Pros
traveling
fun but hard work
Mover and Driver (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILAugust 15, 2017
a typical day at work is maybe loading a truck or unloading a truck. the work is easy if you have a person or persons with you that's working at your pace.
Pros
fun
Cons
hard work lifting all day