Allied Van Lines

Allied Van Lines Employee Reviews

United States72 reviews

vantruckcustomerhardgoodpaydaypeople

Management was professional, fair, and supported their employees with generous benefits such as employee appreciation days, company picnics and holiday parties.

Pros

The management was very good.

Cons

Could not take vacation or PTO during summer months due to industry

Flexible work schedule

The agency I work for under the Allied logo is losing contractors and warehouse workers due to non competitive pay. Work culture is one sided in my opinion.

Cons

Work is slow

Allied Van Lines insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose

Stressful not for the faint of heart

Just as fast as you can make money you can lose it. And it doesn't always depends on you as you have to trust laborers to do a good job in your name or agency's to do there part so you can do yours.

Pros

Can make good money. Somewhat your own boss

Cons

Can lose money. Stressful. Long and random hrs. Always having to problem solve

Good Moving Job

Many Good Crews, although some crews do not take as much pride as others when moving houses. Not a huge deal on office moves, just work hard and get the job done.

Good place

Was a great company to work for very friendly and family oriented. Would recommend them to someone looking for a driving job. Very organized and clean.

Management performance

One word (amazing) very polite and understanding of what others as well as customers need to continue the growth of the company, as a team we are committed to one goal and that's to satisfy our customers

Over the road driver. Owner operater

I would be dispatched to a resident, pack the contents of the house,load the truck,drive to Their new resident unload their house hold goods. Then hook up the appliances and set up whatever customer needed

Loved the work i did and the traveling. Allied is a large corporation with many individually owned offices/warehouses. I chose a bad one.

It is a fun, yet stressful job. Was absolutely "NEVER" paid correctly. Which is why I eventually ended working there. Never an explanation or paperwork to back up all the deductions they were taking from pay.

Pros

being a contractor

Cons

Incorrect paychecks

Very pushy and into your personal life.

I lost my child. It was difficult. They laughed in my face and told me it wasn’t and excuse to miss work. I was told that a miscarriage shouldn’t affect the man.

Pros

None.

Cons

Hot. No air. Short breaks.

Excellent Compensation

The work is hard if you’re expecting to be a steering wheel holder. This is definitely a touch freight business. Interaction with customers in their homes. However nothing pays like being a bedbugger. Made 100k my first year (partial) and 200k a year since. Home time is when I want home time. I just TELL my dispatcher. Wouldn’t recommend taking more than a day or two at a time for home time from May - September though. You’ll make bank during that time. I take from Thanksgiving to NewYear off every year. Never have to worry about overweight tickets as your hauling about 30k max but most times about 25k. When you see HHG weighing at truck stops it’s because we get paid by weight not so much for our axle placement.

Pros

Excellent top scale pay

Cons

Supervising unload crews

Not as it used to be. Publicly traded

There is nothing personal about this company even after 20 years dedicated accident free service and three divorces being away from home putting them first. I am talking about Allied Van Lines Inc corporate. Individual AVL agents do not apply. Sirva is the parent company. And this is not represent every employee at corporate.

Great experience.

I started as a lumper and quickly moved to an otr driver in less than a year. Spent the next 10 years as a driver until my health restricted me from maintaining my cdl. If not for that I would still be on the road.

A lot of growth denied

Its very sad that i wasnt able to promote due to family without the experience was promoted before myself that knew how to get the job done quickly and efficiently.

Not a well put together

The pay was short, the boss was not veey communitive with the employees. Didn't have training.demanding job with no benefits and barely pay employee for the hard work

It was an experience

Appreciated working there. The majority of the people were nice. The only reason I left because I found out the manager constantly messed with the paperwork which lowered my commission and jobs I sold were shifted to another employee.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Unethical management

Its a great job

Its a great company to work for its very hands on and they are very helpful and understanding when they say they work with you they mean just that it great job

Its a very hardworking and fun environment to be around

Somewhere id recommend a hard working man to be Beacuse it psys good by your work ethic snd by your work experience abd if you’re a hard working experience is going to come in no time

Pros

Tips and lunches from customers

Cons

International jobs

Sketchy

Company Truck was unsafe company had zero interest in making legally needed repairs additionally they didn't provide method of maintaining log books for driver hours...

Moving company

Fast past. Like lifting tgings and constantly moving. I like the tips that people would give. I like hands on jobs where you can learn more then just what your job teaches.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

I was a temp and i couldnt get to the warehouse easily

It was a good job at the time

I appreciated the oppertunity of a neighbor that is a truck driver that helped me make some money over the year, this job was temporary however it impacted my circumstances at that point.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Traveling far

Awesome see new places meet new people

Working for Allied Van Lines is a fast pace because you got to pack household goods in 2 days load household goods in one day. When deliveries come in you have to unload trucks reassemble furniture and unpack boxes if need be.

Pros

Hour lunches week paid vacation

Common questions about Allied Van Lines

Answered by current and former employees at Allied Van Lines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Van Lines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits