Allied Van Lines Employee Reviews

Very good management in florida market
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 14, 2018
Good place to work. Rvp is very attentive and hard working. Area is convenient to airport and local highways. Company spends money on safety for the equipment and facility
Very stressful environment. Difficult to work in this environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 13, 2018
This family owned business was run by a father and son who did not get along with each other and whose management style including a lot of screaming at each other and the employees. It was very stressful to go into this office every day.
Pros
Boss was not on site every day
Cons
Whenever the father and son were in the office at the same time.
- fun as could be
Logistics Analyst/Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PANovember 20, 2017
- while not my ideal job, I learned much at B&E; I was thrust into management role, and relied on my skills to enact decisions, and to direct personnel
I would verbally discuss with recruiter.
Berger Transfer An Agent (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 7, 2017
I would verbally discuss with recruiter. While Allied Van lines is a good company to be a part of, the local agencies are not customer centric. I am looking for an organization to develop and manage new clients business and be able to support to new business operationally.
A very unique way of seeing this country
CO-OWNER FRISBY TRUCKING (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 2, 2017
Lots of hard labor which gave a sense of personal satisfaction when the job was successfully completed. Used all my skill as an Executive Assistant to be an effective contractor for both corporate HQ and the customers.
Pros
Seeing this country and a sense of accomplishment
Cons
Long days away from home and physical exertion was a constant concern
mover
Mover (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 30, 2017
I moved peoples furniture from state to state. I loved to travel but at times the job was stressful. At times you get back pain and sore all over. but the money was good.
Pros
traveling
fun but hard work
Mover and Driver (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILAugust 15, 2017
a typical day at work is maybe loading a truck or unloading a truck. the work is easy if you have a person or persons with you that's working at your pace.
Pros
fun
Cons
hard work lifting all day
Productive and fun workplace
DB2/Oracle Senior DBA (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 22, 2017
I was hired to support 60% of DB2 and 40% of Oracle/People Soft, it's fun to be able to work on both separate environment, to keep mind fresh and active.
good job
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 5, 2017
you load and unload trucks its ok but for the starting pay and no overtime you have to do to much to get a good check but its a good start for young kids or a person who dosent have a place to work
Pros
good place to get on your feet
Cons
needs to pay better
Great place to work!
Safety Instructor/ CDL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 5, 2017
I am actually an Allied Van Lines employee but I work for Piepho Moving and Storage which is an agent AVL. The local offices at Piepho are fantastic and the personnel are like family having known them since I first came to MN 15 years ago. Great place to work!
Life-Altering Work
Specialized Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 10, 2017
I loved working at Allied. It was an enjoyable experience riding in the truck each day, having many laughs with my driver and learning about the western parts of North Carolina. I was able to improve my ability to speak with customers and learn from them all while providing a valuable service. It is very difficult to transport goods and products to mountain areas and all of our customers were more than appreciative that we were able to do so.
prepare for heavy lifting, great company to work with
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Factoria, WAMarch 30, 2017
great crew of people, easygoing. Very professional and courteous towards not only their customers they work with, but each other on and off site. prepare for heavy lifting
A good place
Driver and Mover (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 30, 2017
Was a great experience driving for them but moving forward and growing was not something that was going to happen.
The hardest part of the job is seeing people upset daily when moving them out of their childhood homes into a new location.
The downside is your scheduling you do not have a set schedule you must call in a recording at night.
I enjoyed the traveling you never know where you are going until you go in and get the paperwork in the morning. I've been all over NJ NY CT MASS DC PA ect
Pros
Never boring
Cons
Not enough hours
hard work for the low pay
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 18, 2017
this place doesnt pay well for the job the employees do, back breaking work.but get great tips and stuff when you work with the right people.
The Allied Van Line agency system was dynamic and entrepreneurial.
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  various franchise locationsOctober 3, 2016
I enjoyed the Allied Van Line system and people a great deal. The industry as a whole grows more and more difficult making it a tough industry to attract or be driven to.
Great job to get if u would like to see the country and travel
Mover/packer/loader (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 29, 2016
I love the job I have but I have a family and I cant travel as much as this job requires.However it's a physically demanding job .I really enjoy everything about this job but my children need me and I have to unfortunately find a new job.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
To much traveling
Great, grand, marvelous.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 10, 2016
Work here. I am just filling the rest in because this website has asked me several times to write the same review for the same company. It is still a great place to work.
Loading And Unloading Shipments
Warehouse Staff (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIMarch 16, 2016
A typical day at work would be loading or unloading shipments to and from the warehouse.We also gathered materials, pad wrapped furniture, and recorded inventory.My co-workers were very good team members. The hardest part of the job was moving larger shipments. The best part about the job was meeting and networking with different people, and seeing all parts of the city.
Pros
Tips and Free Lunches
Cons
The Location of the job
Fun learning experiance
Allied Van Line Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Peoria IL.October 19, 2015
Loading and unloading trucks.
Iearned about people and how to work with them.
Worked with a lot of good people
the work was heavy and hard.
Pros
traveling
Cons
heavy loades
Outstanding
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 6, 2015
Loved the people as family. Outstanding worker from belping/training others. Troubleshooter. Claims, Billing and recordkeeping. Direct performance for the President to Customer service.
Pros
Comfortable work environment
Cons
Long hours. Mandatory overtime