Allied Van Lines Employee Reviews

hard work
SUPERVISOR/OFFICE (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCOctober 6, 2018
I worked there as a supervisor and office manager. It is really hard work for very little pay for most people. It has very few women. It is a small company and going out of business
Great place to work so far if you are with the right agency
OTR Driver Dispatcher Morse Moving (Former Employee) –  Romuslus, MISeptember 17, 2018
Work Morse/Allied van as Dispatcher and OTR Driver. Great place to work for …. You are treated like family...Company takes care of their Equipment. Regular maintenance kept up.
Pros
People care about your needs
Cons
A fast paced way to unpack old residenes and pack new residences
Labor Helper (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAAugust 15, 2018
Allied Van lines moves boxes and furniture from previous residences into new residences. The workers are mostly expert truck drivers who move things. It helps to have a semi truck
Pros
A great move
Cons
I was able to work over time when needed and was able to pick my time off.
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 1, 2018
We were always busy in the mail room. We had incoming and out going mail every day. We had to learn new procedures when the mail prices changed. We accepted mail and then had to sort and distribute it throughout the building. At one time we had over 900 employees.
Pros
It was always keeping you on your toes, you had to be careful not to put the wrong postage on the out going mail.
Cons
Sometimes we were asked to do almost impossible tasks, like figure out how to send seashells out inthe mail without getting them broken.
excellent customer communication
Self Employed Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 18, 2018
interacting with customers/client in person and by telephone on a daily basis.
I learned that what clients want most is to know that they are important and that you are listening, that you are sincere about resolving any problems they may have.
Mover
Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 5, 2018
Work was difficult at times, you earn your pay when you work as a mover, hard working. Working with customers was great, manual labor was intensive and hot during the summer months.
Made a few lifetime friends. Talk to them to this day.
Lead Packer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 2, 2018
This was not my first job. But overall the best opportunity I had to start with. Was very fortunate to have foud worked there for a while. Did hard work, but everyday was different.
Pros
Overtime after 8 hrs. Didn't ever lose overtime, and in winter had sinourity over all the packers. So, alway had work.
Cons
Benefits, none, just vacation
Very good management in florida market
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 14, 2018
Good place to work. Rvp is very attentive and hard working. Area is convenient to airport and local highways. Company spends money on safety for the equipment and facility
Very stressful environment. Difficult to work in this environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 13, 2018
This family owned business was run by a father and son who did not get along with each other and whose management style including a lot of screaming at each other and the employees. It was very stressful to go into this office every day.
Pros
Boss was not on site every day
Cons
Whenever the father and son were in the office at the same time.
- fun as could be
Logistics Analyst/Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PANovember 20, 2017
- while not my ideal job, I learned much at B&E; I was thrust into management role, and relied on my skills to enact decisions, and to direct personnel
I would verbally discuss with recruiter.
Berger Transfer An Agent (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 7, 2017
I would verbally discuss with recruiter. While Allied Van lines is a good company to be a part of, the local agencies are not customer centric. I am looking for an organization to develop and manage new clients business and be able to support to new business operationally.
A very unique way of seeing this country
CO-OWNER FRISBY TRUCKING (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 2, 2017
Lots of hard labor which gave a sense of personal satisfaction when the job was successfully completed. Used all my skill as an Executive Assistant to be an effective contractor for both corporate HQ and the customers.
Pros
Seeing this country and a sense of accomplishment
Cons
Long days away from home and physical exertion was a constant concern
mover
Mover (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 30, 2017
I moved peoples furniture from state to state. I loved to travel but at times the job was stressful. At times you get back pain and sore all over. but the money was good.
Pros
traveling
fun but hard work
Mover and Driver (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILAugust 15, 2017
a typical day at work is maybe loading a truck or unloading a truck. the work is easy if you have a person or persons with you that's working at your pace.
Pros
fun
Cons
hard work lifting all day
Productive and fun workplace
DB2/Oracle Senior DBA (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 22, 2017
I was hired to support 60% of DB2 and 40% of Oracle/People Soft, it's fun to be able to work on both separate environment, to keep mind fresh and active.
good job
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 5, 2017
you load and unload trucks its ok but for the starting pay and no overtime you have to do to much to get a good check but its a good start for young kids or a person who dosent have a place to work
Pros
good place to get on your feet
Cons
needs to pay better
Great place to work!
Safety Instructor/ CDL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 5, 2017
I am actually an Allied Van Lines employee but I work for Piepho Moving and Storage which is an agent AVL. The local offices at Piepho are fantastic and the personnel are like family having known them since I first came to MN 15 years ago. Great place to work!
Life-Altering Work
Specialized Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 10, 2017
I loved working at Allied. It was an enjoyable experience riding in the truck each day, having many laughs with my driver and learning about the western parts of North Carolina. I was able to improve my ability to speak with customers and learn from them all while providing a valuable service. It is very difficult to transport goods and products to mountain areas and all of our customers were more than appreciative that we were able to do so.
prepare for heavy lifting, great company to work with
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Factoria, WAMarch 30, 2017
great crew of people, easygoing. Very professional and courteous towards not only their customers they work with, but each other on and off site. prepare for heavy lifting
A good place
Driver and Mover (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 30, 2017
Was a great experience driving for them but moving forward and growing was not something that was going to happen.
The hardest part of the job is seeing people upset daily when moving them out of their childhood homes into a new location.
The downside is your scheduling you do not have a set schedule you must call in a recording at night.
I enjoyed the traveling you never know where you are going until you go in and get the paperwork in the morning. I've been all over NJ NY CT MASS DC PA ect
Pros
Never boring
Cons
Not enough hours