Allina Health System Employee Reviews

Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNMay 13, 2018
Please tend to work together very well between departments. There has been a lot of change going on between different parts of radiology due to people being trained in many different modalities so it seems people tend to get overworked. Overall I liked going to work here since I worked weekends and didn't have to deal with the day time issues and management.
Not work life balanced
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 10, 2018
Was unable to continue emplyoment due to expanding family. Requested to have my schedule adjusted so I could continue to work, been there over 2 yrs and my needs weren't met. But someone going to school part time can have the days and work the shift they requested. They are smile in your face and stab you in the back! People talk about other people even managent! There's snitches and the work from agents act like management aka snitches. Its like working seasonal at Walmart. Don't expect to make this a career.
Pros
Global market
Cons
Busy and under staffed
Mental health associate = nursing assistant
Mental Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 3, 2018
As a mental health associate, you can expect to perform the duties of a nursing assistant. While there are, in theory, opportunities to provide mental health support and therapy, these must be done between rounds that need to be completed every 15 minutes.

With that said, the united staff is largely very friendly. The pay is very good for a position that does not require any licensure. In addition, you can hire outside supervision and use the hours for licensure as an LPC or LPCC.
An ok place to work if you dislike windows.
E-HIM SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 1, 2018
Working in the warehouse with no windows and cubicals to boot really brings the mood down and makes catching something from someone an increased possibility. Management is ok, and the people are ok, it is a very quiet environment so if you can't take that, this isn't the place for you. You have to use your PTO for national holidays as well and if you don't have any then your either work that holiday (sad) or don't get paid.
Pros
Ok pay, full health benefits and 401k, some little events from time to time. Next to a bike path. Tornado safe.
Cons
In a windowless warehouse, elevator breaks down alot, get sick easier, you will gain weight at this job, the distance from the office to the closest place to eat will chew up your break easily.
Productive had Autonomy
Call Center Manager - Customer Contact Center (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 30, 2018
Enjoyed working for Allina it was productive and I enjoyed the management team and where the company was going it fun and exciting when I worked there
Friendly work enviornment
HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 19, 2018
I enjoyed working together on the units with my co-workers. We always worked as best we could as a team. We supported one another opinions and decisions about patient safety and care.
Great health system to develop and grow as a professional
Telemetry Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNApril 18, 2018
Working here was great! My co-workers were awesome. There was great collaboration between interdisciplinary teams. Many areas for advancement. Unfortunately healthcare is busy and ever-changing.
Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
productive place
Order Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 30, 2018
very busy with new orders coming in daily and getting them entered in a timely manner
everyone worked well as a team and everyone was nice and friendly
HR Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 26, 2018
Great place to work, provides a great work life balance and cross functional teams, provides many resources for employees and families, great benefits
Pros
work life balance
Cons
siloed work
Great support from management for work from home position
RN clinical support-Refills (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 22, 2018
This role is one of the best most unexpected nursing jobs I could have ever asked for. The pay is pretty close to working in the hospital, the hours are very flexible, management is the best I have ever worked with. The hardest part is sitting at a computer all day and not working with actual people.
Pros
working from home, great pay, flexibilty
Cons
none, really
Exceptional Place to Work
RN (Current Employee) –  New Ulm, MNMarch 19, 2018
I have been with Allina Health for 14 years and have truly enjoyed my experiences. It has allowed me to grow and develop as a nurse. New Ulm Medical Center creates a workplace that feels like home.
Great place to work and build your future
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Ulm, MNMarch 19, 2018
I started off at Allina not knowing anyone and now it is like my second family. They promote their internal employees and help you build your career while encouraging your growth as an employee. Fantastic place to work and receive health care!
Pros
Amazing staff, management truly cares about patients and employees
So glad I applied
Employee (Current Employee) –  New Ulm, MNMarch 17, 2018
Everyone says "Hi" in the hallways, makes eye contact, and is just generally friendly in New Ulm. My co-workers made me feel welcome right away. Allina puts their money where their mouths are. The benefits are the best I've ever had. The work is challenging, and the pace is fast- so you have to be willing to work hard, but it's also fun and I love it.
Pros
Benefits, Coworkers, Flexible
A great place to work
Health Information Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 15, 2018
I did only RAC audits in this position. I loved working with the people here and though it was a great place to work. I left because my husband was offed a position in Alabama.
Many opportunities, great benefits, and flexible scheduling!
Employee (Current Employee) –  New Ulm, MNMarch 14, 2018
Fast pace job, opportunities for learning and career advancement, supportive management, offers flexible scheduling with work/life balance, and exceptional benefits!
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Poor management with discrimination and prejudice towards people of color
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 23, 2018
- poor management
- management does not treat employees equally
- there a lot of discrimination towards employees of color
- some employees treat patients with no respect
- There is prejudice towards employees of colors that Management do not take in action of or take seriously
Pros
Pay
Cons
poor management
It was ok
Patient Access Liaison (Current Employee) –  Allina Medical Clinic - Forest Lake, MNFebruary 20, 2018
It was okay doing this work. It was extremely difficult. It was very different and it was extremely busy on Mondays. I felt like it was unfair pay and it was just to much.
Not what it seems
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, MNFebruary 17, 2018
Loved the job. A great mix of different patients to work with. Not a lot of collaboration between the nurses though. Management was not very good with communication despite their attempts to do so. They catered to only one shift and only one certain time of day to interact and that left most of other employees high and dry. Very little interaction with everyone else. Not good at clarifying things. Always want to act cheerful but not able to really clarify things when asked because the focus was on "happy....happy....happy!". The lack of focus was really the biggest downfall I would say. They didn't build up the right of their department. It could be great but it won't be the way it is. I love all that I learned there. Patients were interesting and most were great.
Pros
So interesting, loved the patients, fast paced, time went by fast.
Cons
Managements unfocused, Not enough help on the floor unless you were in the "right group"
Working with the public-healthy and ill, is always rewarding
Occupational Health Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNFebruary 7, 2018
This job with full of interaction with people, from being ill to getting physicals to get or keep their jobs.
Basic triage done daily over the phone and in person. Helping people get the appointments they wanted and needed. Working closely with the nurses daily, as well as, the physicians.
We utilized a few different software programs to register, update, and manage patient demographics, to set appointments, consult employers for appointment requirements to ensure all testing is done for a new employee. Also, insurance verification software needed to be used with all patients to update coverage
Pros
working with all ages of people with all different needs
Understaffed, no regard for employees, all about the money
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNFebruary 3, 2018
20+ years of working for Allina watching a steady decline. They are often understaffed, it’s common practice. You have to pay for parking, some, contract and all non contract employees do not get holiday pay this includes hospital employees working the actual holidays.
They do not value loyalty, they do not value employees, and the more patients they can push through, the better. More concerned with quarterly financial town meetings (mandatory attendance), than actual employee education. Management out of touch with bedside.
Cons
Understaffed, under appreciated, under educated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allina Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight