Allina Health Employee Reviews

Amazing team
Medical Coder II (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 4, 2018
I worked for Allina in the medical Coding department for 5+ years and must say it was the best place to work for me. The pay is competitive, the training is very up to date and thorough. The director of the coding department is very down to earth and open minded. The team leads are down to earth and do a good job of building their employees up. Working from home is very convenient. Expectations and goals are very competitive but they give you the tools and encouragement to meet them. If I didn’t move to another state outside of the tax code I would’ve stayed working for Allina Health.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility, atmosphere, professionalism
Cons
Restricted communication with other departments
Overall a good place to work
Manager of Addiction Services (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 3, 2018
Typical day was a mixture of daily operations, strategic planning along with meetings. There were days of over 10 hours when mandatory meetings interfered with project completion dates.
I looked for opportunities to learn from systems, since leadership in the area I worked was constantly turning over. Executive management did little to explain long term goals and plans for departments. Questions seemed to not be answered directly or brushed aside.
Workplace culture at the local level was typically a culture of team work and caring for patients.
Hardest part of the position was relaying information, upper management refused to deliver to front line staff.
The most enjoyable part of the position was the front line staff working together to deliver quality care as a cohesive team.
Pros
Good benefits well rounded experience
Cons
Leaders do to listen or take into account lower level management concerns
Great place to work with incredible benefits, but little room for advancement
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 12, 2018
Allina Health is an incredible place to work. Outstanding benefits...like none other really. High, competitive pay. Wonderful work/life balance. I recommend them to anyone. Only drawback is there is very little room for advancement. Once you get in an area, you kind of get stuck so if you end up not liking your position...it is hard to get out of or move elsewhere in the company unless you leave Allina. It is unfortunate, but other than that...Allina is seriously incredible!
great coworkers
LPN (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNMay 24, 2018
Allina as a company is horrible. The care they provide is great, but the company just wants more money. The pay for an LPN is a lot less than even the AVERAGE we should be getting. Also as an LPN you are grouped with CMA, RMA and MA, THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN THEY ARE NOT ACTUAL NURSES. It really bothers the actual NURSES that work at Allina. The benefits are okay, just like any other healthcare facility. Coworkers are awesome and the main reason I still work here. The pay, being called a CLINICAL ASSISTANT and upper management is why I would leave.
Pros
benefits, coworkers, Pto
Cons
Pay, upper management, the values of the company
An ok place to work if you dislike windows.
E-HIM SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 1, 2018
Working in the warehouse with no windows and cubicals to boot really brings the mood down and makes catching something from someone an increased possibility. Management is ok, and the people are ok, it is a very quiet environment so if you can't take that, this isn't the place for you. You have to use your PTO for national holidays as well and if you don't have any then your either work that holiday (sad) or don't get paid.
Pros
Ok pay, full health benefits and 401k, some little events from time to time. Next to a bike path. Tornado safe.
Cons
In a windowless warehouse, elevator breaks down alot, get sick easier, you will gain weight at this job, the distance from the office to the closest place to eat will chew up your break easily.
Worked for a very fast moving forward thinking HR Dept
HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS ANALYST-contract (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 30, 2018
HR department was very close business unit where everyone worked together towards common goals. Managers were helpful and always promoted “open door” policy and company cared for employees by way of benefits, continuing ed., vacation sick time for new parents. CEO of company was impressive and very knowledgeable about business trends and competition in the Health/Medical arenas.
Overall Very Good
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 23, 2018
Great Pay, Great Benefits, Great Work/Life Balance. It is a large organization and has some growing pains that it needs to focus on. Otherwise it is a good company that I would recommend to anybody. Great Culture!
Stepping stone
Patient Access Liaison III (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJune 7, 2018
I was in a call center for my time with Allina Health. I loved my immediate supervisor and she is why I stayed for 3 years, along with coworkers. I did not agree with upper management and their views. I also think their expectations on us was too high. We kept having our states requirements (time on call, after call, bathroom time) lowered and therefore, seemed to care more about numbers then the patients we are trying to help.
Benefits
Cons
Upper Management
Very cliquish enviroment
CLINIC ACCESS SPECIALIST III (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 29, 2018
Unless you are friends with management or management doesn't like you for some reason there is very little opportunity for advancement, communication and open mindedness is cut off.
Benefits
Cons
you are just a number
Great Place
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MN 55433December 3, 2018
This was a wonderful place to work. Very professional. Management was absolutely great. Benefits were excellent. I just loved working for this company.
I would recommend anyone to work for Allina
Legal Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 22, 2018
Good company, good fellow workers, job position just didn't last long enough. Good benefits, interactions between departments, opportunities to be on project teams.
an enjoyable and stable work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Ulm, MNAugust 27, 2018
I really enjoy the people I work with. Allina is a large company and offers great benefits. They do a wonderful job with employee education. They take safe patient moving seriously and provide every piece of equipment needed.
Nice place to work
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNApril 2, 2018
Enjoyed the many years. Most all employees are loving and caring to patients and coworkers. Upper management does need to put more thought into their staff and treating them at best along with the need to ask staff that do the job regarding needs and changes, instead of upper management making decisions for something they have never been a part of physically. Best part of Mercy Hospital is the clear view that we are here for our patients and the community and to care for them in the best possible way. Patients always come first.
Pros
Caring coworkers, close family, wages and benefits
Cons
Union positions. Upper management
Do not work for Allina!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNSeptember 3, 2018
Pay is descent, but they do NOT care about there employees. To them you are only a number...sad but true! I would not recommend Allina to anyone, either a patient or employee.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
a non-profit company that only cares about their profits
Allina
Enviromental Services (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 29, 2018
I had worked in environmental Services with great benefits. Cleaning was a part of my plan at that time moved on since the for current placements. I would recommend to others.
Loved this job - but it no longer exists
Senior Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 24, 2018
My department was eliminated when Allina outsourced our work, but I would work for Allina again in another position. Great to be part of this organization. Wonderful patient care.
Pros
Competitive pay, good benefits
Great flexibility
Coding data specialist II (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 23, 2018
Great place to work. They care about their employees. Opportunity to work from home. Good benefits. Easy to work with supervisors and co-workers. Overall happy with Allina
Pros
Flexible schedule
Low pay
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNSeptember 14, 2018
Low pay and benefits. I was underpaid and overworked. We were constantly short staffed and asked to do the work of 2 to 3 people on a daily basis with no appropriate compensation.
Great Place to Work
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 4, 2018
Top leadership is strong. Mission-minded organization working hard to put patients first. Offers good benefits, but not as much vacation as other companies.
Cons
Large infrastructure makes making significant changes difficult to carry out very quickly.
Summary
CAS II and Mental Health (Current Employee) –  St. Michael, MNJune 26, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Allina. There is always room for improvement when you work for such a large establishment, but overall, it is a great place. They offer competitive benefits packages, and pay their employees well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allina Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight