Allina Health

United States1,219 reviews

Found 1,219 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,231 reviews

23 years with the Allina organization in multiple settings

Featured review

Allina Health selected this as a representative review
I have worked at Allina in their outpatient clinics, inpatient hospital units, in the ER, and have found colleagues who are friendly, caring, and motivated to provide quality care to their patients. It is a HUGE organization and as such, changes take time to implement. Many opportunities to work in different areas as well. My manager is top notch - thinks outside the box, and wants me to be fulfilled in my career.

Lack of compassion for employees

I believe the executive team strives to create a positive corporate culture, but it falls to the wayside by management. I was promoted, but I didn’t feel like I received the support I needed to be successful in my new role. Then I got laid off. Which was a blessing in disguise because I didn’t realize how much stress I was under until it was over. My manager was terrible. Not just as a manager, but as a human. Personality disorder for days.

Pros

Flexible, laptop provided

Cons

Management, toxic work environment

Allina Health insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Good people, terrible business

Management couldn't direct a chicken to lay eggs or a fish to swim if their lives depended on it. They end up prioritizing the least important things while struggling to keep up with the pandemics impact. Patient care be damned. They do not care about anything other than monetary gain and validation

Is fun work here

Is a good job but I would like it something else I want to work at from desk, or as scheduled associated. I want to change my usually work as assambly worker. I want to experience a diferent job.

Stable work environment

Great Therapists to work with . They readily have good resources and work as a team. New management began recently. It appears to be a good change for the department.

State of the art and nice facilities

It’s a highly ranked health system and they have a lot of resources at their disposal. However, in my role there is absolutely no chance for advancement and we’re underemployed.

Workplace support

One of the few places where I have coworker and management support. Bedside is just not the place for me at the moment. Coworkers are more than willing to help out when you need it.

Worked for a Allina for a year, I felt like a number to this company and not an actual person

I work for this company for around a year, I felt like a number to this company and not an asset or a person to them, their expectations for their employees were very very high and if you did not meet the expectations you were reprimanded and made to feel very small, I work during the pandemic for covid-19 I had family who were sick and a family member who passed away from covid-19, mentally I was not doing very well at all and I asked for some time off, they told me I was only allowed to have two days, using my PTO, I use those two days and went back to work on the third day, unable to function or do my job correctly because of my mental health, I wanted to talk to my supervisor about my mental health and how it was doing, he advised me to speak to the company to get an FMLA so I did they gave me a very very hard time and after fighting with them for a few days they finally gave me permission for FMLA but required medical documentation and a medical signature from my doctor stating that this FMLA was necessary. I got them their documentation that they requested, after 2 weeks of FMLA I went back to work shortly after they changed my position with the company and had me scheduling on all six lines instead of the minimum of three plus taking covid vaccine calls also, and their expectations with their phone calls with a 3 minute interline between phone calls to get notes done and communicate with doctors was very very difficult and if you went over that 3 minutes you'd be ambushed on your computer from a team in an observation center watching your every move and recording your -

Pros

Cons

They treated me like a number not a person, they cared mostly about scheduling the amount of people instead of the needs and cares of patience

Very flexible work schedule

Allina Health is a great company to work for great benefits and flexible work schedule. The only issue I had with the company was the lack of financial incentives and management. The financial part was corrected in 2021 when they decided to reward ALL employees 2% of their salary as a bonus. As far as management, they really need new supvisors most have been there a long time and not able to keep up the demands of their positions.

Pros

Flexible work schedule

Cons

Management of employees can be better

Too much stress

I had a sense of purpose helping those we served, but the company from management all the way up to the top did not provide a safe work environment, and does not care about burn out

advesarial executive leadership and human resources department

Very hostile senior leadership to front line staff. director level leadership completely out of touch with first line managers and staff as well.continued lack of leadership or even basic understanding of staff obstacles was further widened during covid with a lead from home mentality

Great place to work and wonderful environment. I love going to work and feel like they will help you grow if you would like to. Sometimes they need to slow down before making changes.

Room for opportunities

There are a lot of room for new opportunities which is great but you can definitely feel favoritism. Training is great if you have knowledgeable trainers and coworkers. Training can take awhile but it is useful to go through all the classes.

Management talks a good game but doesn't follow through.

While providing care to patients was my primary responsibility, and I loved it, the management is awful. I had truly wonderful supporting staff some of the time. The best of them kept leaving. My co-workers were wonderful- intelligent, excellent providers, caring, supportive of each other. There was very little support for staffing and EHR issues. These concerns were met with "too bad." Promises for help were not kept, and this was not due to COVID . Hours and hours of time spent in non-patient care. When scheduling hours was a concern due to child care and COVID, the issues were completely disregarded. Harassment issues were swept under the rug by HR. Incompetent staff kept while brilliant workers are unjustly fired.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Toxic, incompetent management.

Depends on your location!!

I worked at The Mother Baby Center and during my orientation I witness arguments among my coworkers. I always witnessed the staff gossiping and talking about each other but then they are friendly to your face! The environment was toxic!! The Boss of the PCT’s gossips with the staff!! Its an unwelcoming environment for new staff and if you don’t act like them, you are singled out!!! Stay away!!!

Supportive and Great Co Workers

The days could be long and stressful however, my manager and co workers were always there to assist and we helped each other get through and do what we needed to do. Patient care technical support requires long and challenging time lines but you learn from every experience.

Pros

Manager Co Workers Flexibility

Ok

It’s ok but big divide between staff and management. Rarely ever got a break. Was always either really over staffed so that people got called off or floated it really under staffed.

Horrible staffing and no support

The staffing here is horrible and the upper management thinks it’s fine to pull support staff which is valuable because a staffing model told them to. No compensation for working through a pandemic. You are just a number here. Nothing special. Just a wheel in the cog so the large medical conglomerate can make more money to add in more beds but can’t retain staff to safely care for the patients in those beds.

CEC Scheduling is a wonderful job

I worked in the CEC through my whole pregnancy and the staff there were absolutely amazing. I never worried about asking questions, if I had any and all of the supervisors and team leads were so helpful. I loved the team I worked on and my co-workers were amazing. I wish I could have returned after maternity leave but it just wasn't in the cards for me. I felt so supported and received more than enough training to not only understand my job but to do well and advance if I wanted.

Pros

Amazing management support. Amazing team support. Clean Accommodating Facility

Cons

Productive & quiet work space with a huge lunchroom.

When working in the medical field everything is stressful but working at allina the patients make it worth it. The CEC is my work location, we schedule appointments for allina patient's. The cec is always busy, there is always calls coming through so you won’t be bored.

Pros

Lots of overtime, job security, great benefits, great location, wonderful boss, ability to work from home & the ability to move up.

Cons

Point system for missed days/time & bathroom time

Horrible place to work

Everyone is very clicky. They all complain about everything, which makes the environment a very miserable place to be. They do not support you and let you do your job. A lot of animosity if your not vaccinated. Very in appropriate comments from doctors if you don’t share their views.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allina Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Allina Health.
Powered byComparably