Allina Health
65Average

Allina Health Employee Reviews

United States1,085 reviews
Found 1,085 reviews matching the search
Lack of employees makes for a hard shift. We never have a full staff and the amount of call in’s is horrible. Nobody is held responsible for calling in.
Cons
To many call ins
Company is not what it used to be. Management does not uplift employees and supports them but rather degrades and a lot of Micro-Management. Adult day care. Human Resources does not support employees and is only for management support. A lot of back door business.
Pros
Pay is better than some businesses
Cons
Micromanage, no support or trust. No raises, matching 401, not paying education
My time at Allina was fantastic. During my time management was supportive. They appreciated hard work and rewarded those who put in the work. My understanding is management has taken a turn for the worse since I left. Honestly it is still likely a good job and if you want experience this is the place to go.
Pros
Great experience, great training
Cons
Some people who needed to be fired a long time ago are allowed to stay and cause more problems
Allina has been a good place to work. It's offered growth at the beginning and security for the most part. Unity campus IR dept has a little less security and has dropped to being only open 3 days a week, but overall we are staying busy so that is good. We are able to offer great care to our patients.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Allina is a nice place to work. The interview process went smoothly. I did have on site training. Then I was able to telecommute. You don't have much interaction with your team.
Allina Health Clinics is all about the money. You feel like a number among other employees. Management runs the show. If management don’t like you than you are screwed. They play favorites. They don’t take into consideration your skills, commitment, or ability to meet expectations. Don’t waste your time!
Pros
Reasonable compensation
Cons
Short staffed, chaotic environment, limited support
Love the nurses but management doesn't take into consideration the opinions of nurses who actually work the floor. During the Covid-19 Pandemic, Allina Health has taken away some benefits to non-union nurses like not contributing to 401k, no tuition reimbursement, shift differentials, pick-up bonuses, etc.
Pros
Nice nurses
Cons
hard to get a break
Ive work for 3 different departments, and for the most loved them all. You are able to ultimately change your life and develop. The benefits are great, the pay is very fair.
Pros
advancement/career development
Cons
Union
I worked for Allina Health for 26 plus years in various capacities as an RN. There are many choices. A person is never trapped in their job. I've worked with excellent, caring, smart people.
Pros
Many choices, caring smart coworkers, excellent provision of resources
Cons
Hierarchical disconnect.
It was OK at start and only got better with time. they have a lot of great people that work there. Your higher ups we'll help you with anything you need help with
Allina use to be a great place to work but one bad nurse manager made my work life not so great. I loved working at Allina, close to home and pay wasn’t too bad. But when your called into the office every week for one thing or another and are watched constantly it gets to be too much. This manager even had the gall to go into my personal chart and use it against me and no action was taken against her. This place is great to work for otherwise my co-workers were the best.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Nurse manager and clinic manager
I love that if your superiors see that you are doing well and are an asset to the establishment, they go above and beyond to promote you with pay increases for compensation.
Pros
Staff RNs notice your hard work and will report positively to your supervisor.
Cons
Float pool CNA/PCAs cannot work 12-hour shifts.
Professional and really fun environment good place to start after school and to grow both individually and professionally I learned a lot about myself
Neutral on this one. There are great people here. I tried my hardest to take the positive with the negative. Flexibility with time off is a plus. I would work there again in a pinch.
Excellent immediate management and interdisciplinary team members working as a physical therapist in home health. Productivity expectations and compensation was reasonable; however, upper management did not seem responsive to lower management or clinician ideas for improvement. The company offers some of the best benefits in the area, but they dropped 401k matching with the covid-19 crisis.

When covid-19 hit, clinicians were asked to make concessions in the areas of benefits and compensation; however, upper management did not do furloughs or reduce their ridiculously high salaries. I'm not impressed by upper management, they seem to accomplish mediocrity by committee. Due to the large size of the company, they seem to be very slow to change in an ever changing healthcare economy.
Pros
Excellent care teams and immediate managers
Cons
Bloated unresponsive upper management, benefits concessions with covid-19 crisis.
My goal with working with this company was to get a great overview of the company and how physical therapy works and get experience in the physical therapy setting. I wanted to pursue physical therapy and this volunteer opportunity gave me the push I needed to continue to pursue this route. I was given lots of opportunities to work with clients and be able to support the Doctors and be able assist in rehabilitation activities.
Pros
Lot of opportunities to work with clients
Cons
Some days are slower than others and sometimes do not get opportunitiy to work with clients
Management will say one thing to your face and turn around and stab you in the back.
They just don't support their employees. The job itself is great. I worked in the Emergency Department and learned so much and the nurses were great to work with.

A little clique-ish with the techs, so can be hard for a newcomer.

You also have to pay for parking and do not get reimbursed for any travel you may have to do.
Pros
Pay, enforced breaks
Cons
Allina is easily one of the best companies I have worked. You feel like part of a family. Management in my department cared about my growth and wellbeing.
Cons
It was a medical records job where paper documents get prepped and scanned into Epic, but somehow I got the job of refrigerator cleaner also. Job itself was professional and fun but got thrown on the phone ( the main line for the Dept) with a one page cheat sheet and felt afraid to ask questions most the time. Had to record literally every minute of my day on a spreadsheet (even bathroom breaks), about a 1:1 lead/manager to employee ratio so not fun. Moved out of state for awhile and came back to a similar organization at a small clinic and it's like night and day. If you are not a robot and want to retain your human dignity avoid at all costs.
Pros
Colleagues on your same level were cool
Cons
Culture, management
I was injured at work and out on work mans comp
Pay is not good. Benefits of work mans comp are not good. People there don't really care. Everyone is out for themselves
Pros
Training
Cons
Stuck at computer all day with limited time away from your desk
The only reason I am looking for another company to work for is I am unable to work a flexible shift that I can go to school for and still work 40/hrs a week. Great company
Pros
Cons
Make sure to have pto