Allina Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent place to work with a wonderful culture!
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 9, 2018
I very much enjoy my employment at Allina Heath. Patients are always the priority while staff is well supported too. I believe the culture is a recipe for success.
Management stinks
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 6, 2018
Some days could be slow paced but more often it was very busy and frequently stressful.
I learned that the management only cares about money and not the employees.
Management didn't care about what the employees thought about things and they are very insensitive towards their employees.
The hardest part of the job was being short staffed and overworked.
The best thing about the job was helping others.
Pros
Teamwork amongst employees
Cons
Nasty management
Great Job - Poor Leadership
Technical Trainer - Excellian Training Team (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 2, 2018
The work itself is great. Getting to meet all new hires and train them on the Excellian Medical Record is rewarding work. Unfortunately, the department has poor leadership.
Pros
Work is fun and rewarding
Cons
Poor Leadership in the department
Most staff is wonderful
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 31, 2018
Most of the nurses were very friendly and fun to work with; however, some nurses were cranky.
Management tends to favor the nurses and not the other staff. Overall the pay is fair and the patients are wonderful; I would recommend nurses to apply!!
Very cliquish enviroment
CLINIC ACCESS SPECIALIST III (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 29, 2018
Unless you are friends with management or management doesn't like you for some reason there is very little opportunity for advancement, communication and open mindedness is cut off.
Benefits
Cons
you are just a number
Loved this job - but it no longer exists
Senior Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 24, 2018
My department was eliminated when Allina outsourced our work, but I would work for Allina again in another position. Great to be part of this organization. Wonderful patient care.
Pros
Competitive pay, good benefits
LPN (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, MNJuly 18, 2018
Allina is an excellent place to work. The management is wonderful and the team approach to health care is top notch. I would love to go back and work for Allina again someday.
lots of changes coming to Allina
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJuly 18, 2018
Lots of changes are coming. Most jobs will be at the HUB-meaning you will be working in a call center environment. it is not easy nor fun. they monitor you and check all your work.
Great Place
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNJuly 18, 2018
AllIna Home Oxygen and Healthcare is a huge corporation that employs a lot of people around the metro area. They specialize in Oxygen, wheelchairs and a lot of other Medical supplies.
Connected
Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJuly 17, 2018
Even during slow times, there's always something that needs to be done. Some people had concerns and felt ignored, but I learned that when concerns were addressed appropriately and professionally, they were met with prompt action and remedy. The CEO is available to every single employee throughout the entire company, maintaining a very personal and friendly environment for everyone.
Time in the hospital
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJuly 7, 2018
I was there for close to a year but for the time I was there the work was good. Some days were slow and other days were fast and upbeat. The only downside was the gossip and lack of community with the staff especially the lifers with the younger staff.
Pros
The atmosphere of the hospital made you feel like you were part of something bigger
Cons
The employee gossiping and backstabbing was somewhat unreal
Loved working there
PTA (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids MNJuly 4, 2018
I worked with a great team of therapists providing a holistic approach to the multi complex diagnosis level of patients that came to our clinic. If we hadn't moved I would still be working there.
Excellent place to work (if you like customer service and are patient)
Patient Access Liaison III (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJuly 2, 2018
Worked in the call center and it was very fast paced. You are expected to register/schedule and update insurance in 3 minutes or less. I was also expected to read off a script, which I despise. Very friendly people working there (sometimes nurses and doctors would be stressful to deal with sometimes.) I would say if you are positive, friendly, patient and can deal with rude/stressful people, this is a great job.
Pros
Great managers want to help and see you succeed, great pay and training
Cons
Stressful, expected to read off scripting (seems impersonal)
Senior Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 2, 2018
This was a production job, so had to produce a certain amount of reports with few errors. A typical day involved transcribing acute care reports and researching terms as required.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Stressful
A day at Allina
Certified Nursing Assistant / Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJuly 2, 2018
I worked in 2 departments in Allina, which were as a patient care tech through float pool on the admit unit and as a float throught the hospital, and as a phlebotomist drawing labs throughout the hospital.

My duties as a tech would consist of checking and charting accurate vitals, claening, transporting and ambulating patients, and aswering phones, while occasonally floating to others floor in the hospital where help was needed.

As a phlebotomistI would go throughout the hospital drawing blood and collecting specimens on patients and send them down for the lab to process.
Pros
work envioronment
Cons
management
Worked for a very fast moving forward thinking HR Dept
HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS ANALYST-contract (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 30, 2018
HR department was very close business unit where everyone worked together towards common goals. Managers were helpful and always promoted “open door” policy and company cared for employees by way of benefits, continuing ed., vacation sick time for new parents. CEO of company was impressive and very knowledgeable about business trends and competition in the Health/Medical arenas.
Summary
CAS II and Mental Health (Current Employee) –  St. Michael, MNJune 26, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Allina. There is always room for improvement when you work for such a large establishment, but overall, it is a great place. They offer competitive benefits packages, and pay their employees well.
very supportive supervisors
medical suppport staff (Current Employee) –  Saint Michael, MN 55376June 20, 2018
Nice place to work, management tries to assist employees needs. Supports community programs. Needs more medical doctors. Tries to support staffing needs.
Pros
flexable
Cons
employee turnover due to stress
cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJune 20, 2018
fast paced work environment
friendly people
sometimes its hard to see people in the hospital especially when no family is there with them
management is easy to work with and they will work with you on scheduling
Pros
friendly worker
Cons
stressfull
Enjoyed working for Allina Management is great!
PAYROLL GENERALIST (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 19, 2018
Mostly reviewing time cards for errors, input of time cards and data entry Used ten-key machine often Cooperative co-workers and very helpful Positive work environment Invited back

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allina Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight