Allina Health Employee Reviews

Time in the hospital
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJuly 7, 2018
I was there for close to a year but for the time I was there the work was good. Some days were slow and other days were fast and upbeat. The only downside was the gossip and lack of community with the staff especially the lifers with the younger staff.
Pros
The atmosphere of the hospital made you feel like you were part of something bigger
Cons
The employee gossiping and backstabbing was somewhat unreal
Loved working there
PTA (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids MNJuly 4, 2018
I worked with a great team of therapists providing a holistic approach to the multi complex diagnosis level of patients that came to our clinic. If we hadn't moved I would still be working there.
Senior Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 2, 2018
This was a production job, so had to produce a certain amount of reports with few errors. A typical day involved transcribing acute care reports and researching terms as required.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Stressful
A day at Allina
Certified Nursing Assistant / Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJuly 2, 2018
I worked in 2 departments in Allina, which were as a patient care tech through float pool on the admit unit and as a float throught the hospital, and as a phlebotomist drawing labs throughout the hospital.

My duties as a tech would consist of checking and charting accurate vitals, claening, transporting and ambulating patients, and aswering phones, while occasonally floating to others floor in the hospital where help was needed.

As a phlebotomistI would go throughout the hospital drawing blood and collecting specimens on patients and send them down for the lab to process.
Pros
work envioronment
Cons
management
Worked for a very fast moving forward thinking HR Dept
HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS ANALYST-contract (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 30, 2018
HR department was very close business unit where everyone worked together towards common goals. Managers were helpful and always promoted “open door” policy and company cared for employees by way of benefits, continuing ed., vacation sick time for new parents. CEO of company was impressive and very knowledgeable about business trends and competition in the Health/Medical arenas.
Summary
CAS II and Mental Health (Current Employee) –  St. Michael, MNJune 26, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Allina. There is always room for improvement when you work for such a large establishment, but overall, it is a great place. They offer competitive benefits packages, and pay their employees well.
very supportive supervisors
medical suppport staff (Current Employee) –  Saint Michael, MN 55376June 20, 2018
Nice place to work, management tries to assist employees needs. Supports community programs. Needs more medical doctors. Tries to support staffing needs.
Pros
flexable
Cons
employee turnover due to stress
cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJune 20, 2018
fast paced work environment
friendly people
sometimes its hard to see people in the hospital especially when no family is there with them
management is easy to work with and they will work with you on scheduling
Pros
friendly worker
Cons
stressfull
Enjoyed working for Allina Management is great!
PAYROLL GENERALIST (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 19, 2018
Mostly reviewing time cards for errors, input of time cards and data entry Used ten-key machine often Cooperative co-workers and very helpful Positive work environment Invited back
Great place to receive healthcare but difficult to work for
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 16, 2018
We provide incredible care to patients. I found my own opportunities to advance and grow as an employee and as an individual. Even with gaining various certificates and degrees it's difficult to advance in the organization.
long term service, with cliches
EMT (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 14, 2018
supportive environment, with a handful of bad apples, provides guidance for growth and development. has standard corporate benefits and problems. departments work well with each other
Pros
willing to teach and grow
Cons
could afford to lose certain employess, applied >10 times before an interview
Great place to work with incredible benefits, but little room for advancement
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 12, 2018
Allina Health is an incredible place to work. Outstanding benefits...like none other really. High, competitive pay. Wonderful work/life balance. I recommend them to anyone. Only drawback is there is very little room for advancement. Once you get in an area, you kind of get stuck so if you end up not liking your position...it is hard to get out of or move elsewhere in the company unless you leave Allina. It is unfortunate, but other than that...Allina is seriously incredible!
good experience
Hospital Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 11, 2018
Great place to work if you are looking to get into law enforcement. You get hands on experience dealing with people and patients going through mental health crisis or other medical problems that lead them codependent.
Great Experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  River Falls, WIJune 11, 2018
Allina is a great organization to work for. Smaller sites have advantages and disadvantages. You may not see as much as bigger sites, but you learn how to de-escalate someone much faster because you have no other choice. At a single officer site, you are on your own for the most part and backup (PD) could take up to 5 minutes at the earliest. Regardless of the site, you will obtain a lot of great knowledge and skills that will help you advance into law enforcement if that is the path you plan on taking. 90% of the officers are either trying to get into law enforcement or are former law enforcement officers. We have had many officers get into local agencies because of the relationships and references you build here. Every job has a few staff members who are challenging to work with but Allina staff is great 99% of the time!
Pros
Pay is getting more competative. Great management. Excellent relationships with staff.
Cons
Injureies are possible. Pay could be a little better.
Manage non-clinical staff supporting Surgery Department
Manager, Clinical Business Analysis (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 8, 2018
High stress job that included management of union employees. Not able to have a good work/home life balance. This was several years ago and they have since reorganized the job and I believe split the responsibilities among two managers.
Stepping stone
Patient Access Liaison III (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJune 7, 2018
I was in a call center for my time with Allina Health. I loved my immediate supervisor and she is why I stayed for 3 years, along with coworkers. I did not agree with upper management and their views. I also think their expectations on us was too high. We kept having our states requirements (time on call, after call, bathroom time) lowered and therefore, seemed to care more about numbers then the patients we are trying to help.
Benefits
Cons
Upper Management
Fast Paced Work
Patient Access Liason III (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJune 6, 2018
Working at Allina Health as a Patient Access Liaison, you work in a call center environment. Cubicles, teams, and minimal co worker interactions. Great job for those who work good alone.
Great place
Intake and Utilization Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNJune 3, 2018
Working with doctors and specialist to insure meeting criteria for admission to program. With the help of the medical director, I was able to learn and incorporate ASMA principals into admission criteria. Management at this level left front line staff to work independently as long as budget was met.
Culture of team work with a singular purpose.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
unknown budget cuts
Overall a good place to work
Manager of Addiction Services (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 3, 2018
Typical day was a mixture of daily operations, strategic planning along with meetings. There were days of over 10 hours when mandatory meetings interfered with project completion dates.
I looked for opportunities to learn from systems, since leadership in the area I worked was constantly turning over. Executive management did little to explain long term goals and plans for departments. Questions seemed to not be answered directly or brushed aside.
Workplace culture at the local level was typically a culture of team work and caring for patients.
Hardest part of the position was relaying information, upper management refused to deliver to front line staff.
The most enjoyable part of the position was the front line staff working together to deliver quality care as a cohesive team.
Pros
Good benefits well rounded experience
Cons
Leaders do to listen or take into account lower level management concerns
Supportive
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 31, 2018
Supervisor and manager were very supportive. Some days can be very long with driving and scheduling with patients while also trying to meet productivity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allina Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight