Allina Health Employee Reviews

the management in my department is the best to work for
Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 6, 2019
I enjoy my work at Allina Health central laboratory, I work in laboratory client service department and this job gave me a bigger look at all that we in the lab actually do for the other departments.
Cons
I live too far from the central lab/ client services
Poor Management
PROFESSIONAL CODING SPECIALIST II (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 5, 2019
Management is very poor in answering questions or guiding you in the right direction to find the answers you seek.
The culture is very stuffy and was a very uncomfortable place to work
good company
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNFebruary 5, 2019
I still work for allina health and the company is a good company. I will recommtt people to work therer and have fun at work the nursers and great and I like the location
diverse
Systems Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJanuary 22, 2019
What you are hired for may not be what you end up doing. As other jobs evolve, those roles may be given to you. Friendly co-workers, great benefits.
Every day is different
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNJanuary 17, 2019
A typical day is different everyday. Depending on how your feeling that day or etc. The day is really hard, because work is none stop but the more you work there, the more you get used to working fast pace. I've learned a lot over the year and months I've been with this company. I learned a lot of nursing stuff due to being friends with some of the nurses, and doctors. The management was very poorly, they discriminated and they just didn't do a good job at all. The hardest part of that job was just keeping up with the pace and getting those carts up to the patients on time, and the most enjoyable part of working there is working with my friends and talking to all the nurses and doctors
Pros
Free lunches on some days, Ethnic race in the whole hospital was really diverse
Cons
short breaks depending on how many hours your working, management was horrible.
good place to work
Retail Manager and Assistant Director of Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2019
I actually worked for Marriott back then. It was a union facility and being a contract manager was difficult at first until you understand the Union. Worked out well
Great Place to Work
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 7, 2019
The best part of the job was working with the people. This includes the customers, management, and my fellow co-workers. The working environment is fun and relaxed. You feel comfortable with your management team to address issues.
Allina Health
Hospital RN (Med/Surg/Ped, Psych) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MN 55008January 5, 2019
Fast paced medical/surgical floor. Difficult to work without aids when I was there. Staff were like family, offering to help other coworkers when needed. Time management is needed on the nurses part.
Mostly good
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 5, 2019
I'm a firm believer that of manager should know how to do your job before they judge you I worked there for 26 years for 8 years of that we have the best manager ever
very productive and energetic place of work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 2, 2019
Enjoyable place to work. I am glad to have gotten the opertunity to work for a company as such. I have learned many new skills via Alina, and i hope to gain another job equally as fruitful.
Positive Experience
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNDecember 31, 2018
I enjoyed my time there. My coworkers were wonderful and the providers I worked for were caring, smart and always took as much time as needed to solve a problem
summary
RN Telemetry and Orthopedics/ Med Surg (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 19, 2018
Large busy metropolitan hospital with many specialties. Most well known for their cardiac care. They have two ICU units, med surg, ortho, neuro spine, as well as rehab.
Pros
great pay
Excellent place to work, cared about employees
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  from homeDecember 10, 2018
Did transcription with ease, with good resources and good management. Loved going to work every day and learning new terms and procedures. Reliable management.
Basic Life Support Instructor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 8, 2018
It was a very nice place to work until new HR made up reason to get rid of a couple of us for no reason. We took our job very seriously and even got other great people hired. Definitely watch your back working there, it’s a mans world.
Pros
Great hours/pay
Cons
Men don’t respect women
Great place to begin and end a career.
Mental Health Associate (MHA) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 7, 2018
Allina is a professional organization that has a friends and family atmosphere. All of the employee appears to get along well and acts as a team. Allina sponsors several team oriented events per year that are designed for team building. Allina spends a lot of time assuring that all of their facilities are safe and has easy access entering and departing and area of the facility.
Pros
Professional work atmosphere
Cons
More pay
Amazing team
Medical Coder II (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 4, 2018
I worked for Allina in the medical Coding department for 5+ years and must say it was the best place to work for me. The pay is competitive, the training is very up to date and thorough. The director of the coding department is very down to earth and open minded. The team leads are down to earth and do a good job of building their employees up. Working from home is very convenient. Expectations and goals are very competitive but they give you the tools and encouragement to meet them. If I didn’t move to another state outside of the tax code I would’ve stayed working for Allina Health.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility, atmosphere, professionalism
Cons
Restricted communication with other departments
Great Place
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MN 55433December 3, 2018
This was a wonderful place to work. Very professional. Management was absolutely great. Benefits were excellent. I just loved working for this company.
Allina
Enviromental Services (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 29, 2018
I had worked in environmental Services with great benefits. Cleaning was a part of my plan at that time moved on since the for current placements. I would recommend to others.
Challenging and Rewarding
ASSESSMENT & REFERRAL CLINICIAN (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 28, 2018
This job can be very intense, but co-workers are great which makes the tough days better! My skills as a clinician have greatly improved and my confidence has increased.
Team oriented setting, helpful, relaxed setting
Secretary/transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55407November 28, 2018
I was able to telecommute and this was a great perk. The management was wonderful and helpful. Everyone I worked with was helpful and very kind when you needed help with something.
Pros
Telecommute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allina Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight