Allina Health Employee Reviews

The company was okay to work for.
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNOctober 16, 2018
The company was very interesting to work for. the employees were very helpful and understanding. The patients were very patient with me and understood that I was a student.
Great company to work for!
Document Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 11, 2018
Allina Health has many things to offer to anyone looking to get into the healthcare field. They like to move people up from within, and have great pay.
lots of change
Performance Improvement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 26, 2018
Allina came together as a series of mergers. At the time I worked there it was a lot of mini cultures inside a larger organization without a lot of unity. I found the organization to be unsure of who it was and thus lots of changes.
Learned a lot and grew confidence
Intern (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 24, 2018
I really enjoy being at Allina Health. It is my first experience in the real world and my mentors are amazing and are constantly giving me career advice!
Great flexibility
Coding data specialist II (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 23, 2018
Great place to work. They care about their employees. Opportunity to work from home. Good benefits. Easy to work with supervisors and co-workers. Overall happy with Allina
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Surgical Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNSeptember 19, 2018
I really enjoy working here they are like family, however there isn't any room for growth or advancement. They continue to look at degrees instead of knowledge and years of experience.
A Day at the Allina Health Service Desk:
Service Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 14, 2018
Log in and check emails and voicemails.
Walk through the department and say hello to my team that is on site
Review QIs that have not been marked complete (Quality Improvement Surveys).
On Monday - Leadership weekly meeting
On a Wednesday - one hour meeting with Access Management and two Service desk analysts, discuss the KB, tickets., processes and make improvements as noted.
Review 3 calls in Verint, more if there is time.
If needed - assist the Incident Coordinator on evening issues
Work on updating flagged articles in the knowledgebase I an assigned to.

I would also assist analyst that IM'd or called me, I might have a project meeting other than the Access Management meeting.

If there is a major outage, that takes precedence over all else. Assisting with the analysts questions, getting information the department needs to help the Incident Coordinators, etc.
Pros
set of things to do. Never dull. Includes people and technology
Cons
About all I can think of is, very busy when things happen, priorities can be harder to set when outages happening.
Low pay
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNSeptember 14, 2018
Low pay and benefits. I was underpaid and overworked. We were constantly short staffed and asked to do the work of 2 to 3 people on a daily basis with no appropriate compensation.
Allina is great
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 12, 2018
They truly care about all employees and patients. They care about the community and the advancement of health care as well. If you are mission driven this is a great place to work.
working at Allina Heatlh
RN CARE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 7, 2018
Typical day at work included having active schedule of home/clinic or telephonic visits. Attending visits with patients care team. creating care plans and implementing them. Collaborating with variety of clinic staff, inpatient and out patient services. What I learned on the job was how important it is to build partnerships with patients, families and medical team and co-workers. Work place culture options to work on site and off site from home. The I worked with are very compassionate, caring people that provide excellent care. The most difficult part was meeting exacting standards set up by a National quality assurance association.
Most enjoyable was building up net work of support and friendships.
Pros
office space
Cons
some on call
no comment
BUSINESS BILLER/COLLECTIONS (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNSeptember 6, 2018
I cant advance in the department im in there is no more to say im looking for something different. something new and experience there is many locations that they offer to work.
Pros
locations
Cons
no advancement
Fridley Review
Lead Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNSeptember 6, 2018
Since I left, the laboratory has changed from a clinic laboratory to a hospital laboratory. When I worked there, the team we had was very easy to work with. The job was fulfilling.
Do not work for Allina!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNSeptember 3, 2018
Pay is descent, but they do NOT care about there employees. To them you are only a number...sad but true! I would not recommend Allina to anyone, either a patient or employee.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
a non-profit company that only cares about their profits
Allina Health
Admin Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNAugust 31, 2018
I loved working with Allina Health, Our Shoreview site had such great employees. Fast pace, patients were friendly along with the staff throughout the whole clinic. if I didn't move states I would still be working for this company.
Do not work here
RN (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 27, 2018
This was probably the worst company I have ever worked for. They clearly do not care about their employees at all. To them it's all about money and how they can make more while treating their employees like dirt. I worked at Abbott and it was old and out-dated. I worked in mental health and it was very outdated and clearly there was no money to be spent on the mentally ill. The management is terrible and not considerate of anything that may be going on in your personal life. If you ever get really sick, forget about being supported by this company. They would call you into work early or on days off even though you weren't on the list to pick up. However, then they started giving LOA's stating that "they were overstaffed." The nurses ran their butts off. There were no Mental Health Associates (similar to a CNA) because they were always sitting on 1:1. More than half the time, we were running around getting coffee and snacks for patients rather than having time for patient care, which led to people having to stay late to finish their work, which then got you in trouble with management. They clearly have their favorites and if you aren't one of them, they will try to bully you out. The nurses union is a joke and I would not pay money for dues because it's not worth it. One day I was called into work (I was on the Can Work list), drove 45 minutes to get there, only to walk in the door and clock in and then have them call me to say that they screwed up and actually don't need me. I was supposed to get paid for that 4 hours and the union was filing a grievance for it.  more... They said that it would take 12 weeks for the process. Well that was 6 months ago and I still haven't seen the money.  less
Pros
At least they offer health care insurance.
Cons
No 401K match, don't care about employees, all about money, management is terrible, Insurance premiums continue to rise and they Rn plans are going away in June.
an enjoyable and stable work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Ulm, MNAugust 27, 2018
I really enjoy the people I work with. Allina is a large company and offers great benefits. They do a wonderful job with employee education. They take safe patient moving seriously and provide every piece of equipment needed.
Overall Very Good
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 23, 2018
Great Pay, Great Benefits, Great Work/Life Balance. It is a large organization and has some growing pains that it needs to focus on. Otherwise it is a good company that I would recommend to anybody. Great Culture!
Healthcare
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 21, 2018
The best part of the job is:
Working across departments.
Learning about non-patient care departments and how they support direct patient care.
Building relationships with my colleagues.
Great place to work!
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNAugust 14, 2018
Allina is a great place to work. The people really do make the job. There is an open door policy with almost everyone and that makes working there feel very comfortable.
working as a team
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNAugust 10, 2018
helping the patient and other customers to get their prescription on time, also all team help each other the make pharmacy duties successful and avoid any errors that could hurt patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allina Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight