Allina Health
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

Allina Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,136 reviews matching the search
Great staff and nursing culture on the unit I worked at! Loved the crew and pay was reasonable. Union nursing and opportunities to grow. Many opportunities for lateral mobility.
Pros
Pay, Pto
Cons
Freq Short staffed, no PCAs
Very poor management, good employees leaving and no one looking into the reasons. 3 RNs and 3 technologists left within 6 months from same department and noone cares or wanting to change anything. Also organization became very corporate, all they care is profit not compassion, patients feeling it and noticing it too.
Pros
Pay was better but benefits are fair
Working for Allina has been good. There are cool perks to working for such a large organization - free grocery delivery membership, occasional incentives where they pay for a massage, or running shoes, etc. I have great coworkers, and I have a mostly supportive boss. Like many organizations, once you start moving up the chain things get glacially slow. I’ve been told for months my position would become a 1.0 FTE and they keep putting it off, claiming it’s just waiting for a committee to meet... when my department just approved of an ADDITIONAL position being started for my unit. So, that’s making me feel flighty, because they’re cutting my hours while adding positions. Also my boss has way too much to cover and doesn’t really give attention or care to the unit I’m on. So, overall I’ve liked the job, but I feel a bit used with the empty promises. Also, I’m lgbtq identified and feel supported in that.
Pros
Perks, lgbtqia+ supportive, pay
Cons
Bureaucratic nonsense
I worked on an inpatient psychiatric unit at one of Allina's hospitals in the Twin Cities. I enjoyed my job and patients immensely, however, there were multiple aspects related to safety that were very lacking and it seemed as though little was done to protect staff. Multiple staff were assaulted and out of work on a regular basis, with minimal follow-up related to patient behavior. Security was severely understaffed and there were multiple instances in which behavioral emergencies would occur and there was severely delayed response, exposing patient care staff to greater risk for harm. Management was fine but the only real positive was having the union for protection. I came from another large healthcare organization in Minnesota and found that Allina is very much us vs. them in terms of the relationship between the organization and its nurses.
Pros
Competitive pay, union
Cons
Unsafe, missed breaks, poor staffing
I enjoyed working for Allina because the values fit with my personal values -- however they sold my division to a for-profit company that doesn't share the same values because of revenue shortfalls.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I really like working at allina. I did not feel like I was supported by management and they had a very hands-off approach in my department. Overall it was a great job
I was a SGT. for over 5 years and trying to advance to a Captain position which has been amusing to say the least. People have been backed door into the department and poor management choices have brought down moral. Allina has turned into a corporate nightmare within the last 2 years. I work in a metro hospital and pay is low compared to other metro hospitals.
Pros
Good starter job if interested in law enforcement
Cons
Pay, management, advancement
Difficult to navigate the broken healthcare system (which isn't conducive to treating mental health in the first place). Not a sustainable job. Despite the requirement for education or experience with mental illness treatment, little of those skills or expertise are utilized in this position. Management does not understand day to day demands of job and often pushes for changes that do not make the job easier or more streamlined. Allina doesn't even require management to have mental health experience/education despite working on the mental health floor. Co-workers, for the most part, are understanding and provide needed support. Few exceptions can make some shifts difficult and add stress to self and to patients. Patient interactions tend to be the most redeeming part of the job, as long as you can handle the stress that naturally comes with this work.
I was proud working at Allina Health it was like a family how employee interactions, some would leave the company only to return with the same stories of how they always knew they would come back. I wish those people; like myself, would have been afforded the opportunity for Allina to invest in diversity.
Pros
Employee relation
Cons
Diversity
I had a fine experience working at Allina in the corporate office in Minneapolis. It is a very corporate environment and my role in fundraising was much less creative and more data-driven and repetitive than I was expecting, or that I think anyone on Earth would be happy with. They def shouldn't have hired someone with a degree and job experience to do data entry and it was a bad fit for me so you can take my review with a grain of salt. Allina is much better than other area non-profits and pays slightly more, but it is a corporate environment so if you could get a job at Allina, why not get a job at a corporation and make much more?
Pros
Organized company structure, easy to find and get resources
Cons
Very corporate
Love working here and feel like we are one family! Management is always willing to work with you and always wants what’s best for you and the department!
Allina Health is a wonderful place to work, a top-notch company with excellent work/life flexibility, pay, and benefits. I felt useful, and appreciated while with Allina. I felt like my input was important to the development of Allina. I would absolutely work for Allina again!
Pros
Leaders care, work/life balance, pay, benefits
Cons
scheduling was a bit archaic and lead to some issues
Special transportation driver here. I LOVE this job. The only real downsides are the unsure schedule from day-to-day, the occasional grumpiness of the patients, and the unknown departure time after the appointments. Nothing for it though. It's just the nature of the job.
Pros
Wonderful people, great autonomy, something different every day.
Cons
Variable schedule from day to day, grumpy patients.
The overall organization is good, but the work site is great mostly because of the patients and the work. Like most things in life you have to have to know work is for working and not socializing. You should be skilled and efficient in what you do and comfortable enough with yourself and stay out if the office politics, the gossip and the drama. If you are able to do that, then you can survive.
Pros
Nice environment, inexpensive lunches
Cons
Drama
I have worked hospital security for about 3 years and working with Allina was nothing new. The same job, just different procedures. When it comes to management , I have had much worse management but there is a large disconnect between officers and management. As an officer I never knew what was going to change when it came to policy or procedures, I would just come in and check my email and see what I had to do different . The culture at Allina is pretty bad. Because security has no union, you can get fired for making a simple mistake. You dont even need to make a mistake , a nurse or other staff member can lie and say you did something and that is enough to get let go. There is no job security or advancement working security at Allina. The pay and benefits arent bad but you will soon realize it sometimes is not worth it. The drama and politics you have to deal with will drive you insane. If your good at boot licking and playing the game of politics you will do just fine working at Allina.
Pros
Pay and benefits- kinda
Cons
management, job security, culture, drama
Very supportive co-workers. Management overall not very supportive. No clear direction as to where the company is going. Management has not had recent clinical experience and it shows.
Pros
support from co-workers
Cons
disconnected management, no room for growth
Good overall experience for employment, I would definitely recommend Allina. Decent benefits and paid time off. Great people to work with, communication was important to them.
Typical corporate hea lthcare. Not bad company you are a number though and they have no issue cutting hours or replacing you. Perks are the pay, insurance and coworkers
Meaningful work with people who want to make a difference. Worked in a great team and interacted with many areas of the organization. From top down, all seem sincere and compassionate.
Pros
Great colleagues! Good benefits. Strong Executive Team!
Cons
Parking cost, safety and very tight spaces. If you leave Abbott campus during the day, or come in after 10am, hard to find parking.
I worked in Security for three years. Every shift is different on amount of calls during the shift. Some days can be busy, otherwise it is 90% routine, 10% busy (Day Shift). I started at a regional hospital. It was good but not enough hours if you wanted to live off of. Also at the regional site new employees were given more say on shifts they wanted. The schedule constantly changed. I moved to a metro hospital after ten months at the regional hospital. I got a full time position on day shift and did that for another two years and three months. I applied for instructor positions such as being an new employee floor instructor and was passed up for others that had been with the company for less time and did not met the requirements to be an instructor. Strong clique culture.My supervisor does not work when I do. He never sees me work, only during monthly meetings.The pay is low if you want to progress in life. It is enough pay to maintain but not grow in life. After 3 years I had finally made a dollar more than when I had started. New employees make more money than those that have been hired earlier. They start at a higher wage off the bat. Employees that have been there do not get adjusted pay to match new employees, they stay the same. Benefits were cut for everyone other than contracted during the start of the pandemic and did not get reinstated until the beginning of the new year. I have a four year degree and I'm not compensated for that higher education.There is favoritism. Security dispatch will send certain officers to calls and leave others to mundane - more...
Pros
Good health benefits
Direct care management is terrible. HR is terrible. There is no support if you have any issues. Many cliques within each department. If they don’t like you, then you are already going to get targeted by management! Steer clear!
Cons
Management and HR
  1. Employee Reviews