Allion USA Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
Great for start, but badly mismanaged
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 16, 2018
Great place to get experience in QA as a test technician. Culture includes no one caring what you do as long as testing gets done. Opportunity and pay increase is given but only to those who strive for it. You can lead a project and communicate with contracted company. At any time also, you can become just a regular tester, again. An entry test technician and a former lead can work side by side despite of pay difference. Management usually isn't direct and is not an active relationship but rather an overview, if that. Currently can benefit from more hands-on management and promoting people who work while cutting those who don't, or would work more efficiently elsewhere. People are mostly cool and just do their own thing, there's not a lot of guidelines. Be prepared to "just figure it out". And if you aren't the type to, then this place is not for you.
Pros
Culture, entry experience, flexible hours mostly
Cons
Lack of actual management, talented/hardworkers are unappreciated, not much to climb
poor management
Validation Engineer; Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 1, 2017
poor management, no vertical growth
no internal review system in place to help employees track their progress or hold them accountable to set standards, no metrics to be reviewed, managers can best be described as "frat boys."
Pros
coworkers are pretty cool
Cons
management
Diverse working environment with employees that make the company great
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 9, 2016
A typical day at work usually starts around 8 and ends at 5. The working environment is pretty relaxed and people have the options of showing up later or earlier depending on what works best for them. Depending on what was priority, checking email and organizing myself for the day ahead is what I would start with. After that I would begin testing. Followed by lunch then heading back to work and continue my job until the day was done.

I learned a wealth of knowledge that I believe will prepare me in my job search in the future. Of most of what I learned a lot dealt with wireless 802.11 and Bluetooth. Noise, density, and traffic were a lot of what we worked with and performance testing of a lot of the technology that is in use today.

Management is an interesting group of individuals. Most came from Intel and do things a little different. As of recent I feel there has been a slack in management. The direction isn't the same as it was a year or so ago and it now feels a bit childish and not as success driven as it was.

My coworkers are truly what make this job great. Old, young, experienced, and inexperienced. It really didn't matter the background if the coworker had a desire to learn and be friendly I liked them.

Hardest part about the job is sometimes wondering what to do. Sometimes work isn't there since a lot of contracts were on sprint basis and if the management didn't have tasks a lot of time was wasted.

Most enjoyable part again was coworkers.
Pros
location, job, coworkers
Cons
bonus, salary