AllOver Media Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun, fast-paced job.
Project Manager/Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 26, 2018
AllOver Media is a great company to work for. The Management team is amazing, the work is easy and the pay is decent. The downside to working with AOM is, you're a 1099 employee and you don't receive any benefits from the company.
Good entry level sales job
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2017
AllOver Media has nice people to work with, but management was all over the place. If they had just let us sell, without taking up CEO's ideas of passing out 20 media kits a day, and having interns try to set sales appointments, this whole venture would have been more successful. I was also very limited because our sales territories were based on geography, and there was very little in my geographical region to sell. Pay was terrible. Took a huge pay cut in hopes of high commission, and because I thought I was friends with the owner. I later learned that he called me a hillbilly behind my back, and he's not the super nice guy he pretends to be. Still, the people here are all really cool, the product is fun and it's a great place to work for someone starting out in sales.
Pros
Lots of autonomy
Cons
Compensation
Company has bad direction at the top
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 12, 2017
Sales department has terrible management and the overall management doesn't care about their employees at all.

Employees are over worked, sometimes forced to work into the night and never get over time or bonuses.
Pros
one bathroom
Cons
many. how much time do you have? Horrible pay!!
Work from home
National Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2017
The media I rep is an alternative platform, so when being considered by advertiser, they will likely consider billboards or transit first, as they will have many other mediums to choose from. There is a lot of opportunity however, something for all types of businesses.
Pros
work from home
Cons
alternative media
Local Indoor (bar/restaurant bathroom) advertising sales department a mess.
Local Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 18, 2016
Spend 4 hrs day driving/walking around assigned territory in suburbs passing out media kits, collecting business cards and on spot selling of downtown/uptown restaurant/bar bathroom advertising to local SMB owners.

Other 4 hrs inputting business card information in sales force and calling/emailing business owners trying to set up appointments.

Management doesn't know how to go about selling this type of advertising and management has changed 2 times already in just a 6 month period.

Local advertising was good before the internet, so now there is no use for it and business owners know it.

The company sells many other media types, but the main focus of local AE's is to sell the bathroom advertising, since that is what SMB owners can afford. All other media is sold to national accounts and advertsing agencies that are handled by national AE's at corporate office.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Incompetent management, low salary, ineffective and old advertising format
Fun yet demanding job with great
Printing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 13, 2016
While working, a typical day would be cutting laminated ads that needed to be put together with other pieces to an ad campaign. Most days I would run the laminator and help count ads. Other days I was put in charge of the warehouse where we would do projects for certain companies. Management was great and helpful. The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet for long periods, but the most enjoyable part was my coworkers. I learned great leadership skills while working here.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Driving time from White Bear Lake to Plymouth was crazy
great place, great people,
Printer Operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 9, 2016
i worked there for 2 years as a print operator on the night shift. It was a great job the manager is more then amazing, and the team is also amazing, they actually care about there employees and do things for the employees all year round. Lots of paid days off and vacation great PTO. and great moral.
Pros
Great people. lots of free lunches, paid lunches
Excellent work environment and good opportunities. Management is competent and friendly.
Division Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 21, 2016
I enjoyed my time here. I was challenged with expanding our partner network at a very fast pace, while keeping costs reasonable, which was a great way to get out of my comfort zone and push myself to be even better than I thought I could be. My typical day at work would expanding the network, while maintaining our existing one. I also made sure the advertiser campaigns were being executed with excellence. I also manged legions of field reps and often trained sales reps on on how to pitch the product.
The management was great. They were very metrics-based and expected you to stay within your goals and do so while achieving results.
My co-workers were solid and supportive. I enjoyed my time with them when I visited HQ in Minneapolis, and my dealings with them over the phone.
The hardest part of the job was working out of San Francisco when the company was in Minneapolis. I missed the office culture that comes with working with good and talented people.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when clients trusted us to put their dollars to good use when we ran ad campaigns for them. I also enjoyed the challenge of being involved in the sales and marketing strategy of the division.
Pros
Good people and good opportunity to add value and be recognized.
Cons
I often was pulled into helping out other divisions which made time an issue.
Fun place to work.
Local Accounts Manager, Indoor Advertising (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 11, 2015
Great place to work & a good stepping stone to a higher paying job. Great for someone fresh out of college looking to further their resume.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pay
Was a great opportunity until....
VP, Multicultural & Community (Former Employee) –  NationalApril 28, 2014
The culture changed the minute they brought in a new CRO who had no media background at all. My contract that was written prior that brought the company nearly 10 million in NEW revenue was cancelled and we lost half the sales staff. I had been recruited heavily to come aboard and create a multicultural division and then BOOM. They are trying to sell company yand my comp package was not attractive to a buyer.
Pros
Got operations knowledge, manage repurposed and mentor a team of executive sales reps
Cons
Culture & New Management was unacceptable
I execute nationwide campaigns which has given me the ability to travel.
Installation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2013
I enjoy what I do but am looking for a career in the real estate industry.
Great Company.
Administrative/Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2012
Interesting and fun place to work. Very effective advertising medium.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AllOver Media. Our community is ready to answer.