Allscripts Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work with great growth
SERVICE DESK ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 1, 2019
Productive and fun place to work with great growth

The position I hold is a great place to grow and get seen by many other departments.

There is a lot of room to move up in this company

The supervisors do make this a fun place to work
Work Culture
Methodology Development - Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 22, 2019
My period with the company was short, I was still learning their processes and their work culture. The employees were informative and they seemed to promote work life balance.
Basic Responsibilities
Cyber Security Intern (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 22, 2019
• Collaborated with other security engineers on the infrastructure of program team to implement comprehensive security tools and security infrastructure.
• Execute strategic security plans for systems, appliances, devices and datacenter infrastructure to prevent incidents that impact confidentiality, availability and integrity of data and infrastructure.
• Experience with infrastructure and system security tools for logging, netflow, syslog, auditing, application security and vulnerability assessments
• Thorough understanding of network topology, datacenter infrastructure, operating systems, and associated risks
Changing Environment
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJanuary 19, 2019
The company is continuously changing with unstable leadership within. They do offer some positions the opportunity to work remote, which is positive, but many of the teams are siloed.
Cons
Leadership
HealthGrid/allscripts Orlando
Support Anaylst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2019
Terrible management at the tier 1 level. Micro management. The employees are nice and easy to get along with. The company is very unorganized and things that were told to you will change without warning. Training is subpar. 1 -2 hours between calls/tickets. Very slow workload. People play ping pong for half the day. High construction in the area. No grace period. If you are okay with not challenging your brain or skills on daily basis, this is a perfect fit. A lot of office gossip.
Pros
Little to no workload on a daily basis
Cons
Job security is always uncertain
Senior Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 3, 2019
You go to work everyday never knowing if you will have a job the next day. While it is a great company overall, job security is the biggest issue.....
RCM AR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CADecember 25, 2018
Recommend this job if your just starting out or great entry level position. Management is flexible with scheduling and many positions allow you to work from home.
Great place to work and grow.
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2018
This was a great place to grow and develop. Unfortunately, I was not allowed to last longer due to apparent business decisions. I think it was possibly poor management because I had no warnings, no negative reports and my mentor said I was doing great. That being said, I was let go after only 50 days.
Clinical Backend team
SENIOR DATABASE SUPPORT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 10, 2018
I am on this team reviewing & fine tuning performance for sql, citrix, vmware, windowsOS, & various other platforms, etc. No 1 person can know it all, but sometimes this company can be closed-mouthed in knowledge sharing.
Very strong customer service
IMPLEMENTATION CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Office from homeDecember 10, 2018
Allscripts allowed me to help others and teach them how to utilize the Practice Management system at that time. Traveling constantly was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
Alot of travel

Want to know more about Allscripts?

Ask a question
Remote Employee
Senior Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLDecember 9, 2018
I'm a remote employee and work out of my house. We have a small team that works closely together. We also work closely with the Development Team and Services Team.
Okay place to work.
Expert Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 6, 2018
Allscripts is an okay place to work. They provide a product that is very much in need in the marketplace. Nothing bad to say about the company. Have a good time there.
Little Direction;Too Slow to Innovate
Senior Solution Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 5, 2018
Allscripts is a historically large player in the healthcare market but has not shown the ability to innovate and change with the market. Middle and senior management is accountable for achieving company objectives but is not empowered to make the necessary decisions to effect change and to drive strategy.
Pros
Cons
No Strategic Direction
Very understanding managers but little chance for advancement
Associate QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 5, 2018
I started working for Allscripts as a contractor in January 2015 and was hired full time in June 2015 as an Associate QE. I have was put in charge of several different items by December 2015 and have still not received any chances for advancement since that time. I am the sole QA on several of our products and have had to lead the QA effort on these items. However, there are still no chances for advancement out of the Associate title. When hired I told my managers that I did not want to stay in QA as that was not my desired position. Was told several times that they will start a transition plan with me to the position that I would like. When questioned about the status of this, managers would then say its happening and to not worry about it right now. In truth nothing was happening with it.

I do love the company and the team that I am on. However, I am not happy with the fact that there are so little chances at advancement. I do not feel that an Associate QE should be in control of testing on so many different products.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Lack of Advancement opportunities
Productive Large Company
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 30, 2018
Excellent place to work, I would definitely recommend them. Company has several different products which makes it easy to learn to software. Great work life balance.
Could be better
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 7, 2018
Not a bad company. It was once a booming company. Things all changed after several mergers/acquisitions. The CEO is clueless, just collecting his millions
Pros
Could've been better
Cons
Can't get any worse
Moving support to India
Senior PRO EHR Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 7, 2018
Moving support to India .. no job securlty .. would not suggest this company .. only good thing is that I worked remotely .. so daily I did not have to be part of the normal office
Pros
Remote
Cons
Moving support to India
Great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 6, 2018
Great company to work for, culture needs a bit more work. Work conditions are a bit loud with little to no privacy for managerial work. Senior management seems focused on the group, time will tell.
Remote working conditions
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 6, 2018
Allscripts is fantastic about working remotely. You have to produce and the hours are not set but getting away from commute times is well worth it. I recommend it.
SENIOR QUALITY SPECIALIST, RN (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 30, 2018
I had a great experience at Allscripts and was treated with respected and felt a part of the team and I had a positive experience working at Allscripts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allscripts. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss