Allscripts Employee Reviews

Good way to start career
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 7, 2018
At a managed site so this experience is not reflective of corporate Allscripts.

Great place to start career, great people, great experience builder. Able to cross-train in multiple roles. However, opportunity for advancement is limited due to low turnover and even when a position is available, you will not be paid what the average local position is paid - it will be lower. if they hire outside they will pay them more.
Been going downhill
Senior Corporate Auditor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 3, 2018
The culture and decisions made recently have negatively affected morale lately. There are definitely some perks but the tone set at the top has been concerning and led a lot of people to leave. Also don't do a great job of rewarding within, and instead will let people leave and hire outside.
Decent place to work
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 29, 2018
My overall experience was pretty good. My only real complaint is when they were sunsetting the project I was working on. My team was assured that we would all have the opportunity to move to another project. When the time came they let some of us go.
Great culture but lack of vision
Regional Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2018
Allscripts has great benefits and great people. But with a saturated EHR market, the vision is not focused enough. There is also limited advancement for growth as there is a long tenure of managers that will not be going anywhere anytime soon.
It's been tough
Senior Business Analyst / Expert Accountant (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 18, 2018
My division of McKesson was acquired by Allscripts in October, 2017. Since that time, work has been tough. There have been very little training opportunities and no one has a feeling of job security.
Allscripts is a great place to work
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2018
Allscirpts is a great place to work. Co-Workers are more like family. Excellent benefits offered. Ability to grow within the company. I do feel that the training structure should be better.
benefits
Cons
non
Productive and fun place to work
Production Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJuly 9, 2018
Work place culture was family oriented, everyone was friendly, co workers got a long with each other 95% of the time. Management was easy to get along with.
My work experience has been great
Senior Clinical Analyst (Sunrise ED/Allscripts ED) (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 25, 2018
My work experience has been great. Leadership is doing their best to help all the teams to achieve their goals. Everyone is very helpful and willing to assist.
Review
Interface Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 20, 2018
No loyalty to employees - minimal growth potential. Too many hours life/work balance is not there.No incentive to enhance career or to get ahead - promotions are who you know.
Pros
Remote work possible
Cons
No loyalty to employees - minimal growth potential
Corporate culture is completely sales-driven
Executive Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 12, 2018
Sales can sometimes supersede improving products. No work/life balance.

The personnel at Allscripts are awesome: talented, personable, and dedicated. But the culture can be toxic at times.
Short time employment
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 12, 2018
I was not part of the company long enough to really find out what they were all about. Just from the short time I was there, and from mentoring with others, I was excited about being a part of the 'Team.'
Mixed Review
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 7, 2018
Employees at Allscripts work very hard. While there were attempts to show appreciation, the work was sometimes grueling and thankless. For me, there wasn't a lot of work-life balance (I felt unable to truly take time off for short or long breaks).
Pros
Co-Workers are wonderful
Cons
Work-Life Imbalance
Enjoyable work, culture needs some work
Sr. Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 25, 2018
The work itself at Allscripts has been enjoyable.

My managers have always given a good amount of autonomy, they don't micro-manage.

The downside recently has been a toxic culture, the higher ups are only concerned about metrics and do not view the people under them as individuals - just rows on a spreadsheet. Bonuses are tied to company and team performance, so high performing individuals get denied bonuses based on team performance.
Pros
Remote work, good managers
Cons
Bonuses are rare, poor work life balance
challenging environment
Regional Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 17, 2018
A4 Health Systems was acquired by Allscripts, and so the A4 sales force became part of the Allscripts team. Territory was vacant for 3 years so there was no established pipeline.
Overall great place to work
Senior Physician Executive (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 1, 2018
Allscripts, like other major EMR companies, will only grow through acquisition or international expansion, as the U.S. market is essentially saturated. It loses a lot of existing clients to Epic, and a few to Cerner, but is extremely underrated as a software enterprise solution. Strong executive leadership and vision.

I experienced a great work-life balance, but also experienced hitting a low ceiling toward advancement. Just weren't that many opportunities opened for me, not because I wasn't talented or motivated, but (in all modesty) I was so good at what I did that people wanted me to stay put.

Traveling can be a bear.
Pros
Strong executive leadership, great software, great work-life balance.
Cons
Limited room for advancement, big picture is a bit gloomy
Absentee management
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 1, 2018
Management is absent unless there is an escalation, so there is no consistent support for the line level. Pay is excellent but stress is unrelenting.

Part of this is because I spend ~5-7 hours a day in required meetings. These meetings do not qualify towards the 30 hour of utilized time required, requiring significant OT to reach your basic productivity measures.

I do not believe this is true of all teams on the company and know many people who are quite happy.
Pros
Work from home in most cases, Excellent pay/medical
Cons
Very high stress due to low leadership support/visibility, left without support
Na
SENIOR IMPLEMENTATION CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 30, 2018
Not much work life balance, nor promotions.. every 2 - 3 years.. Not fun or enjoyable but do have flexibility with schedule etc..............................
fun but BUSY
Allscripts Instructor, Consulting Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2018
Its a great place but they really work you to death! Its mostly remote work, which I thought would be great, but its not. You end up working 50-60 hours a week and the travel on top of it burns you out. Otherwise, great place!
Pros
Benefits, pay and travel
Cons
too much work that you cant keep up and are stressed all the time
Good place
Senior Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2018
great second step. however you need a string foundation in marketing g before entering into this role. a lot of independence great co-workers but not very challenging
A very good company in general,
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2018
The products and services for this company are very strong. The only thing that stands in the way is the lack of corporate support. The company is better off now that they are operating as a separate entity now.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allscripts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight