Allstate - Good Hands Rescue Network Employee Reviews

Not worth it!
Roadside Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2019
Turn on my app for 8 hrs and no rescue. The pay is low and half of the time rescue are very far not worth a 40 min drive for $16.... the pay is not consistent.
Pros
Cons
Not enough work. This gig will not pay the bills
Watch out
Roadside Assistant (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 16, 2019
I owned a valet company for years and I needed to hold a two million dollar insurance policy just to operate. This is a pyramid scheme. You will be responsible for any damages that occur but they collect most of the money. All it takes is one customer to sue you and then you will be in a world of hurt.
Good Luck!
Pros
Cons
You are responsible for all damages that occur, even if you are not the one that damaged it.
Not worth the tine or money
Driver (Former Employee) –  Central FloridaFebruary 4, 2019
They seem to want high turnover. Why’re perpetually advertising for new drivers. Pay is slow and often inaccurate. The manager is an idiot and a liar.
Pros
Customers and dispatchers
Cons
Too few calls. Too many mikes for pay. Management.
Where's the work?
Roadside Assistant (Current Employee) –  TXJanuary 28, 2019
I've been with GHRN for about a year and a half now and I only average about $100 a week. There are days where I'm on duty from 8am to 11pm and don't get a single rescue. Other times I get rescues that are located 40+ miles away, those are automatic declines since they offer no incentive to accept those jobs and only pay a flat rate for each job, no mileage included. Sometimes there's a pay boost of about $1-3, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when it's active. Getting in touch with the market manager seems impossible, he never replies to any emails. And if you have a missing payment, good luck in ever getting that resolved. Dispatch can be hit-or-miss, in the beginning I'd immediately get someone on the line but now I'm placed on hold for around 5 minutes before I can speak to anyone. Sometimes jobs will be cancelled without notice so I will arrive onsite only to check my phone and see they cancelled it while I was driving. They won't offer gone on arrival pay when that happens, either. The app has gone through several revisions since I started, but the worst part of it comes from dispatch giving incorrect information and not providing extra details to help find the customer. This can lead to time and gas being wasted when you're sent to the wrong location. Sometimes there will even be a note that the customer needs a tow– why was the job assigned to me, then?
All in all, this isn't a job that will support you. It can be an easy way to make some extra cash (some customers will even tip!), but it's very unstable work and you have to consider the time and
  more... cost of driving vs. the payout for each rescue. You are an independent contractor, so you can decide what jobs to accept.  less
Pros
Work when you want; freedom to accept/decline jobs, tools are provided
Cons
Work is scarce; hard to get in touch with management; no compensation for mileage
Dont do it you have been warned
Owner/ Operator (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLDecember 22, 2018
If you own your own RSA business and have multiple accounts its not bad to grab a call that's in your area but who and the heck is going to drive 30 plus miles to do a $16.00 call and don't think you are going to get 10 to 15 calls a day because it just don't happen.. Plus they pay the tow companies that did not go with the GHRN $ 24.00 to $50.00 a call. They my have 2 or 3 rescuers in one area that means you wont make do do if they are all on at the same time. Allstate use to be the best RSA company out there but since go to GHRN they went to do do.
Pros
Cons
no pay low pay not enough pay
bad place to work
Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  TXDecember 1, 2018
dont work for all state.you west your time for nothing.ther is play games under table.and you wel wait for nothing.
all state just name but work w them mean west your time
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Be your own boss!!
Rescuer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 27, 2018
I live in Philadelphia and I couldn't be happier with the decision to quit my former employer. I went from making $300 a week to making $500+. I guess it depends on where you live to determine whether or not you love it or hate it. But, Philly is a highly profitable region because of the size of service area. In my opinion, no job is too small if you are committed to really be the captain of your own ship. In summary, I love what I do, I love helping people GHRN has been very good to me.
Pros
Good pay, helping people, being my own boss
Cons
App needs to be upgraded
No calls and missing money on each pay check
Roadside Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 18, 2018
No calls and whenever you get a call it's on a too far location, That's not enough to pay off for gas and the car maintenance. Last time I went online 4 hours and did not recived a single call.
Pros
Cons
Slow, under pay
it is a deception stay away
Rescue Diver (Former Employee) –  tampa FloridaNovember 9, 2018
This style of hiring online where they tell you a lot of lies has become the day to day job search sites .... they lie telling you that you will have a job as independent contractor that will not give you any money because there are no clients ... they have a permanent advertisement all over the internet looking for workers and they hire thousands of workers every day who then quit after because there is no work here ... after I have bought expensive tools to do the work I have found out that been for nothing ... I live in tampa fl I have the application open 2 days ago and not a single work order has reached my ... money and time wasted .... a jumper for batteries $ 70, a jack of 3 tons $ 60 ..kit to unlock car doors $ 20 ... and other things too .... stop fooling people...
Pros
nothing
Cons
all
Potatoes
Rescue Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee FLNovember 8, 2018
All the other terrible reviews sum it up. Please don't waste your time. The pay is horrible, the app doesn't work half the time. You couldn't ever get in touch with the manager, ever. Good luck in your job hunt.
Pros
Cons
Everything the job had to offer
To many drivers
Roadside Assistant (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLOctober 7, 2018
It started off really good and busy i would make good money even though the pay is 16.50 per call. I would get 8 to 10 calls a day.
We barely have any missed calls in our market. However i keep seeing ads that they sre still hiring. They just started this boost but for some reasons the only time i get those its always 10 minutes or less from me but the long calls i get 25 min to 45 min is never with boost a lousy 16.50.
Pros
No boss
Cons
Contract job, pay is not good, to many drivers, your own car, your own gas. Goa only 14.00
Balance between pay and effort is not good.
Roadside Rescuer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 12, 2018
I signed up to get a feel for the job and my biggest two conflicts are pay per job and frequency of jobs. My field manager is also impossible to speak with.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough pay per job or frequency of jobs in my area
Cool place to make extra money
Rescuer (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 28, 2018
Takes patience to figure out the area you are in. Sometimes you'll get calls that are way too far. Have to be able to discern between whether you'll be making or losing money, and accept or decline based on that. Get a lot of thank you's! Not very many tippers! Out of 100 or so calls I've only recieved a tip twice! But it doesn't bother me because it's a pretty easy job. A simple jump start can turn into extra cash purchasing and installing a battery... a tire change can turn into replacing someone's blown tire at a tire shop and making some extra cash! I've made as little as 17 a day. When really focused. And over 150 a day with barely doing any real work physically. Be prepared to rack up some miles on your vehicle. Because of this I do think they should raise the amount they pay per call. 22 min per call 27 for fuel calls. Have a call 40 minutes away from me? 50 should be the going rate. Just my opinion!

KEEP YOUR VEHICLE LOCKED!!!
Pros
Extra cash . No boss.
Cons
Not enough to make up for vehicle wear and tear.
Allstate Good Hands Rescue Network is Horrible To Work With
Roadside Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2018
The Allstate Roadside Rescue Network is to limit the cost of Allstate using licensed and insured assistance providers by utilizing private individuals.

The pay is horrible as you use your own car, own insurance (which will not cover your auto for commercial use), and have to file 1099. They did not really disclose this in the first part of signing up.
Pros
Great Idea
Cons
Low Pay, Wear & Tear on Your Own Auto, Insurance Costs, 1099
Decent job management sucks
Customer Service Representative/ Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 30, 2018
Daily reminders your job is never safe. High turnover rate they fire without digression. Management and human resources blatantly do not care about employees. The job itself is actually pretty fulfilling work.
Fun job
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2018
I like working here because I really good at it! I probably am the three fastest in the whole state do I make really good cash! And h as ve really excellent customer service so I make big tips :)
Pros
Own boss
Cons
Lots of driving
Independent on/off that's it
Good hands rescuer (Current Employee) –  Georgia (GA)May 28, 2018
Great place to work need better pay in the Georgia area and also a hot spot map to pick up consistent calls other than that good set up independently owned.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Bonus
No work and low pay
RescueR (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAMay 23, 2018
This is not even a viable second source of income anymore.

The mentality is just like uber and they hire too many people, or they are not doing enough marketing I dont know.

I literally logged on a total of 30 hrs last week and sid one juat start, which pays next to nothing and they forgot to pay me for it.

I emailed my new market manager about lack of work and havnt heard anything. Complete joke of job at this point.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
No work, no loyalty to employees
Worse pay ever
Provider (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 3, 2018
$17 dollars per call , and you have to drive at least 20 miles , plus using your tools and they charge their customers $65 dollars per service ... how come ?!! You only get $17 and you do the %90 percent of the job !! Plus they keep calling you to ask for ETA and call their customers and be nice with them ! Too many times bad location provided and they won't even pay you the extra miles if it was their fault , and gone on arrival pay is $12 dollars are you kidding me ... just don't waste your times guys and work for uber or any other apps better
Pros
Pay
na
Roadside Assistance Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 7, 2018
i work as an independent agent. like self employment. i don't know more about the company. i am very comfortable withe the dispatch team. i am very flexible i control my schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate - Good Hands Rescue Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3