Allstate - Good Hands Rescue Network Employee Reviews

To many drivers
Roadside Assistant (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLOctober 7, 2018
It started off really good and busy i would make good money even though the pay is 16.50 per call. I would get 8 to 10 calls a day.
We barely have any missed calls in our market. However i keep seeing ads that they sre still hiring. They just started this boost but for some reasons the only time i get those its always 10 minutes or less from me but the long calls i get 25 min to 45 min is never with boost a lousy 16.50.
Pros
No boss
Cons
Contract job, pay is not good, to many drivers, your own car, your own gas. Goa only 14.00
Cool place to make extra money
Rescuer (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 28, 2018
Takes patience to figure out the area you are in. Sometimes you'll get calls that are way too far. Have to be able to discern between whether you'll be making or losing money, and accept or decline based on that. Get a lot of thank you's! Not very many tippers! Out of 100 or so calls I've only recieved a tip twice! But it doesn't bother me because it's a pretty easy job. A simple jump start can turn into extra cash purchasing and installing a battery... a tire change can turn into replacing someone's blown tire at a tire shop and making some extra cash! I've made as little as 17 a day. When really focused. And over 150 a day with barely doing any real work physically. Be prepared to rack up some miles on your vehicle. Because of this I do think they should raise the amount they pay per call. 22 min per call 27 for fuel calls. Have a call 40 minutes away from me? 50 should be the going rate. Just my opinion!

KEEP YOUR VEHICLE LOCKED!!!
Pros
Extra cash . No boss.
Cons
Not enough to make up for vehicle wear and tear.
Allstate Good Hands Rescue Network is Horrible To Work With
Roadside Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2018
The Allstate Roadside Rescue Network is to limit the cost of Allstate using licensed and insured assistance providers by utilizing private individuals.

The pay is horrible as you use your own car, own insurance (which will not cover your auto for commercial use), and have to file 1099. They did not really disclose this in the first part of signing up.
Pros
Great Idea
Cons
Low Pay, Wear & Tear on Your Own Auto, Insurance Costs, 1099
Decent job management sucks
Customer Service Representative/ Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 30, 2018
Daily reminders your job is never safe. High turnover rate they fire without digression. Management and human resources blatantly do not care about employees. The job itself is actually pretty fulfilling work.
Fun job
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2018
I like working here because I really good at it! I probably am the three fastest in the whole state do I make really good cash! And h as ve really excellent customer service so I make big tips :)
Pros
Own boss
Cons
Lots of driving
Independent on/off that's it
Good hands rescuer (Current Employee) –  Georgia (GA)May 28, 2018
Great place to work need better pay in the Georgia area and also a hot spot map to pick up consistent calls other than that good set up independently owned.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Bonus
No work and low pay
RescueR (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAMay 23, 2018
This is not even a viable second source of income anymore.

The mentality is just like uber and they hire too many people, or they are not doing enough marketing I dont know.

I literally logged on a total of 30 hrs last week and sid one juat start, which pays next to nothing and they forgot to pay me for it.

I emailed my new market manager about lack of work and havnt heard anything. Complete joke of job at this point.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
No work, no loyalty to employees
Worse pay ever
Provider (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 3, 2018
$17 dollars per call , and you have to drive at least 20 miles , plus using your tools and they charge their customers $65 dollars per service ... how come ?!! You only get $17 and you do the %90 percent of the job !! Plus they keep calling you to ask for ETA and call their customers and be nice with them ! Too many times bad location provided and they won't even pay you the extra miles if it was their fault , and gone on arrival pay is $12 dollars are you kidding me ... just don't waste your times guys and work for uber or any other apps better
Pros
Pay
How long till they are done with Rescue Network ?
Owner and Operator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 25, 2018
Its really sad that all state is doing this to its long time providers that have paid there dues and now allow any body to be a provider and not require providers to carry commercial Ins or general liability Ins no lettering on vehicle's no uniforms so what happens when provider breaks a window on a brand new car or any other car or there wheel falls off after a tire change Providers that have been with Allstate should have first call out I just don't see how Allstate allows this to happen I'm sure there are good provides on the Rescue Network App but there are a lot of providers that lost work due to this app.
Pros
Not sure yet
Cons
Taking calls away from long time providers
na
Roadside Assistance Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 7, 2018
i work as an independent agent. like self employment. i don't know more about the company. i am very comfortable withe the dispatch team. i am very flexible i control my schedule.
Doesn't pay well at all and no benefits.
Rescuer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 22, 2018
Don't waste your time. You get calls that are a 45 minute drive to get $15-25. So that's about 3+ hours of your time for a measly $20 bucks plus tip( that's if you get one). You end up making less than minimum wage and putting a lot of miles and wear and tear on your own vehicle. After you factor out expenses like fuel and repairs, it's really way under minimum wage and not worth it.
Pros
Be your own boss, work when you want
Cons
Everything else. Pay. No benefits.
Everything changed
Roadside Assistant (Former Employee) –  2:2 miles?awayFebruary 14, 2018
Before the new app cam out i was mAking like 600$ Plus tips a week when the new app came out i went from having 13 jobs a day to having 2 or 3 jobs day i went drom 600$ to 150$ a week so i ended finding something else . The new app messed it all up
work w allstate but recive work from other party roadside for low paid
Roadside Assistant (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 4, 2018
17 bucks for any trip is very low. most trip over 25 mile
hire people if there is no jobs
spending about 5 to 8 hours a day waiting.
The odd thing is that I get call from another comany than allstate.and ticket is from allstate.how that work !!waiting hours to recive call from allstate bot none.same time i resive call from third party road side at top of ticket is allstate ticket.when asking costumer who you call for this service. most costumer they call allstate dispatch to recive help
but allstate send ticket for other party roadside and they send it to us for less mony.some think is not raight.when call our market manger
he say wel investigate? but nothing change!!!!
Decent Job
Rescuer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 1, 2018
I work in the Cincinnati area it’s been pretty good to me for the most part. It really depends on what time you get out to do the work (before 8 after 5pm) seem to be the best times when it’s cold this thing really booms good supplementary income
Cons
Working as a roadside assistance
Rescuer (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 1, 2018
First of all I think company is good, pay is not fair but is better than have nothing if you work like 2 or 3 days a week in Central Florida don’t expect to gain more than 40 bucks, less or even nothing. Dispatch and app support is not helpful. So this is the kind of job that if you work full time you gonna get plenty of work on roads if not they are not put you to work even if you are in on duty. They prefer others employees in your area and they don’t give opportunities to new employees. I still working here and I still having a lot of problems with the app we use to work. A lot of fails and no alerts , which means no job and no money. If you wanna make like 30 dollars or 40 for working two days that’s good other than that. I don’t have no more feedback for Rescue Network All State.
Pros
Couple of bucks per week
Cons
No work for days, don’t make enough money
You are your own boss
Rescuer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 16, 2017
I really think that 17 bucks for any trip is very low....I was told by another employee that it was 17 for jump, and 25 for a tire change or gas. that seems more fair, but still low. We have to travel far sometimes. They should adjust your trips by distance and time and adjust the pay rate.You guys should offer bonuses for trips
Pros
work anytime you want
Cons
low pay for trips, health options, incentives or bounuses

Comment – November 20, 2017

Thanks for providing your feedback! Please speak with your Market Manager about your concerns and ideas so that we can use the data to make improvements in your market.

Pretty good side job
Roadside Rescuer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 10, 2017
This job is a great side job for people looking to supplement their income. I usually go online when Uber is slow or giving me bad rides. I am fortunate to live in one of the busiest markets so I always get at least 5 job requests a day for the short time I am online.

The only thing I wish was different was that they paid extra for the jobs that are more than 20 minutes. I usually reject the jobs that are more than 20 minutes away because it is not worth it for only $15-$17.
Pros
Flexibility, Decent Pay, No Boss, Good Tips Sometimes
Cons
Jobs Too Far Sometimes

Comment – October 17, 2017

Thanks for your review! We will definitely bring this up to field managers as a consideration.

not the best situation
roadside rescuer (Current Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 27, 2017
It really depends. did you need to drive 30 miles to get to them and have a tire to change that was difficult. did the two gallons of gas they seemed to need not get them going and more was needed. To be very honest to make it worth your time each trip the per trip pay needs to be more. You automobile does not run for free. You have ware and tare and other factors such as added maintenance to consider. If you don't figure that in you are only fooling yourself. To make this a good job and one you could stay with would be $75 per trip. Then things would pan out, some trips would be short and quick and others are two or more hours getting complete.

Comment – October 17, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback! I would recommend contacting your market manager to discuss this so that he knows your insight. We are always looking for ways to make this a better opportunity for our rescuers.

Good pay .not enough work
Roadside Technician (Current Employee) –  MPLS, MNAugust 26, 2017
Very good pay but the workload is minimal and sometimes far..otherwise I really enjoy working there. They don't control the drivers like all the other so called independent contract work do. Turn on or off yoyr app,thats it!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Workload

Comment – October 17, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! I would definitely recommend working with your market manager to see if there are spots with needs that you may not be aware of. We want to support you in making this a worthwhile opportunity.

Terrible!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAAugust 21, 2017
Why would they hire people if there is no jobs in my area. I live in lompoc and they have ads for driver position near me. I haven't had a cusomter in months. Then when I called asking where the work was the manager told me to drive to l.a. complete waste of time. They need to get their stuff together before they ruin lives!
Pros
Non
Cons
No work

Comment – October 17, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience with GHRN was not a pleasant or fruitful one. We will definitely take your feedback to our field team to make sure that we do better for those still working with us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate - Good Hands Rescue Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7