Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

31.1K
Found 5,166 reviews matching the search See all 5,326 reviews
Good Place/Poor training
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, ORJuly 20, 2018
I liked the office and the people, but it was hard trying to sell a product that you had little training on. I got the Allstate U training, where apps did not work and your expected to do the course in a flash. If I had to do it over again, I would like to be hired as an agent assistant, learn the ropes and then move on to being an agent. Maybe I just look at insurance sales differently?
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
Lack of training
productive and learning experience
Licensed sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 20, 2018
I learned how to understand coverages for all kinds of insurance, which i think it should be thought in high school. Everyone should understand what they're paying for and how to file a claim or when to file a claim or not.
I enjoyed helping my customers get the best coverage for the right price and to keep them informed on their coverage.
the hardest part of the job for me is when business is slow, theirs not that much you can do without customers.
Cons
no healthcare :(
Don't expect to advance
Claims Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 20, 2018
Just like the title says, don't expect to advance your career here. Only way you get ahead is by kissing up and even that doesn't work. Worked there for over a year and did everything correctly metric wise and never once was considered for a raise/bonuses. I wont employee of the month one time as well as metric goals for 3 months and still no advancement.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Flexibility. Quiet office. Kept me busy.
Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee) –  Morton, ILJuly 19, 2018
I ran the 2nd office for an agency owner. I was the ONLY employee in that office so I was able to get a lot work done. The pay wasn't glorious but it did help keep up with the bills. Unfortunately there were times where sales where minimal.
Relaxed and Flexible
Customer Experience Agent / H2Insight (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2018
I have worked for h2insight for a year and really enjoy the opportunity. I can make my own hours and for the most part the job is flexible. The only downside is you aren't paid a whole lot and very little opportunity to move up in the company.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
no health care
Customer service
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  IllinosJuly 19, 2018
Smart.loyal and quick to learn. Enjoy Call Center Culture and interaction with customers.Allstate was a very good learning experience. I will use that experience to further my career
Overall a good company
Catastrophe Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 19, 2018
Allowed fair working conditions and fair compensation. Works hours were often long, however compensation was made for requested time. Enjoy working for them
Claims Specialist
Claims Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2018
This place likes to micromanage. It's hard to move up unless you kiss up. They don't have sick time so if there is not time on the Calendar it's an occurrence.
Cons
they are a wonderful company to work for
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2018
i liked working for them i did not like the call center vibe but the pay was good and so were the benefits. Sydney was a great boss to work for. very kind and understanding
Pros
benifets
Cons
call center vibes
Productive place to work.
SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 18, 2018
Working for Allstate was great. Management was good. Willing to work around school schedules. It was a part - time position. I was seeking full -time employment.
Pros
Worked around schools schedules.
Cons
No benefits.
best place to work
Facilities Services AV/Multimedia Technician (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 18, 2018
Working at Allstate was always fun, they got great management, great people, great Ceo, great outdoor activities. I will work for this company anytime I get chance to work for.
high stress, low rewards
Field Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CAJuly 17, 2018
Claims, insurance, in general it can involve a lot of stress. As a field claims representative, you are the gatekeeper for funds. Insureds, vendors, and experts want access to those funds and you have to protect your employer's interests as well as the policyholders. It can be a juggling act and keeping everyone happy can be difficult. Flexible hours, working in the field, and having some downtime are some of the benefits. Good luck.
great company
Claim Associate Rep (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 17, 2018
great company
great managers, supervisors and staff.
enjoyed Allstate.
Allstate has to relocate to Fresno and closed
claims office in Bakersfield,
was not able to move to Fresno,
Would of moved, if I could of .
decent
West Virginia (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaJuly 17, 2018
worked for 4 years and have gotten one pay raise. i think this explains allstate enough and am just writing this sentence to fill out the max characters
Great People not much pay
Personal Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 17, 2018
The people I worked with as a Financial Specialist at Allstate were great. Unfortunately, it was difficult to earn enough to justify the time, effort, energy, and gas required to be a Financial Specialist.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Not enough compensation
very productive
Sr. AWS and DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2018
Great place to work if you are a working mother! The people are super nice. A great workplace culture. The benefits aren't all that great, but there is so much flexibility for work that includes work from home option
Allstate - great place to work
VARIABLE PRINT PROGRAMMER (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 17, 2018
Allstate is a great place to work by creating pleasant and safe environment. Many perks are always available for the employees. Company offers great training platform and offers many job opportunities. Benefits are great. The downfall is that company is always looking for cost cutting opportunities and each employee needs to be aware and prepare for quick changes in company direction.
Laid back work enviroment
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Vidor, TXJuly 17, 2018
I really enjoyed my coworkers. Everyone got along without any drama. Everyone encourged each other and wanted their coworkers to be successful. Its rare to work in such a pleasent enviroment.
Pros
Great hours
Typical large corporation
Territory Enrollment Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 17, 2018
Same advantages and benefits, same downsides and risks as working at any large modern conglomerate. Company seemed more focused on WHO they wanted you to be as a person rather than what they wanted the company to DO in the marketplace.
It all depends on the Agency that you work for and Owner Administration
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 17, 2018
It has lots of learning tools their work systems are updated frequently.
Great in trying to make the daily task faster and very detailed.
But again it all depends how is the agency that you work for. Independent agents.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

84%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

63%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss