Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Found 5,556 reviews matching the search See all 5,730 reviews
It’s not really that bad but needs improvement
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 18, 2018
The micromanaged is the worst part of the position. When your looking for help sometimes no one is able to assist. The pay also could be more than what is for this particular role. Was told you can move up to be an adjuster after 6 months in role. When I actually found out it takes years and that role isn’t always open. Not a bad company but your underpaid and overworked.
laid back work place, pay is not good
Total Loss Representative (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTNovember 18, 2018
This is a good place to start a future in the insurance industry, but not a place to grow and be compensated for your work load.
Training is poor so you must be a fast learner and catch on quick. There are no policies and procedures that are followed.
This works well for a young person who wants experience to grow into the insurance world.
Pros
laid back atmosphere
Cons
not enough pay
Great Work Life Balance
Financial Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILNovember 18, 2018
Good work life balance.

Big company, so the advancement is there if you are willing to relocate, but may have to wait some time until positions open up.
The company itself is a great company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VANovember 16, 2018
I learned a lot about insurance including cars, homes, and life insurance. The office/agent that i worked for had very poor management. The pay was very low with no any benefits and discount
HR consultant
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYNovember 16, 2018
Worked with management on developing their employees and to create a positive work environment. Worked to fulfill staffing needs. I had the opportunity to grow within the company.
Great Compensation and environment.
Unrepresented Bodily Injury Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 16, 2018
Overall Allstate pays really well and there is plenty of room for advancement. Workload balance needs improvement. This company has very high unrealistic demands.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Bendfits needs improvement
Great work environment
Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2018
The work culture was great. Good employee peer relationship. Management was supportive. Good work/life balance . There was a lot of work, fast pace, goal driven.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Not enough pay
allstate summary
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CA 90660November 15, 2018
A day at the office answered phones addressed problems and complaints educated customers on product an services offerings. updated policy, successfully controlled appointment between employers and clients.
if you're able to find a better job....take it as soon as possible
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 15, 2018
if you're able to find a better job....take it as soon as possible.
I did not like the extra time you had to put in after work hours. calls to customers were required at the end of every business day.
Great place to work when I was there
Agency Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Allstate. It was so long ago.
Can not comment on culture of the company now. I have not worked there in over 25 years. When I was there the work/life balance was great. They allowed me to come in late so I could attend college courses in mornings before work.

Want to know more about Allstate Insurance?

Ask a question
Stressful
Inside Property Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CANovember 14, 2018
There were not enough property adjusters to support the claims that were coming in. You were required to maintain a high amount of new claims daily, while managing your current claims. Allstate looked for every reason not to cover home claims and often made the process difficult. This falls back on the property adjusters, as they are the ones who interact with the customers who are more often than not beyond angry with Allstate for one reason or another. The constant berating from customers becomes tiring and the onslaught of new claims made it feel like there would never be an end to the stress.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
low salary/high stress.
Poor management
Allstate Business Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2018
Company wise it was a great place to work but management wise it was not, I was terminated for something that I should not have been terminated for. Other than that it was a great company.
Pros
Free lunches and team building
Horrible place to work
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  INNovember 13, 2018
The agent that I worked for was lazy and did not answer her phone! She sat in her office all day watching Netflix and making YouTube videos selling items as a side-hustle.
exceptional learning opportunity
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 13, 2018
learned extensively about insurance, both day-to-day activity management as well as sales and promotions. focused on time management, prioritization and working well with insureds, risk management and supervisors/managers.
Pros
diversity of daily job culture
Cons
no paid benefits or leave
Staff doesn't work for Allstate
Kentucky (Current Employee) –  KentuckyNovember 13, 2018
The owner works for Allstate and staff works for the owner under a different business name so there aren't benefits (health, life, 401K, etc) . Each owner determines pay structure and schedule differently but most pay salary plus commission. Training is non-existent and you have to find your own time to do it. Most "new" products or discounts I see on a commercial and have to try to find training on it before customers start asking about it. There are way too many people doing a million different pointless jobs in corporate that I think cost the company money and make the rates stay higher. Most people at that top don't actually try to help the local offices. The majority of regional sales leaders just give you phone numbers of other people to call if you need help instead of taking the time to help. It hurts the company. Long time customers should have discounts if they have been with the company for 5-10 years or longer. The company needs to downsize the corporate office to help the company as a whole and then people could benefit because Allstate has great claims programs but too many people don't see the customer and forget who pays their salary.
Pros
Off weekends
Cons
No benefits
Faced Pace call center
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 12, 2018
This was a very faced pace call center with a very high call volume. Continuous calls, short breaks with 45 minute lunches. High expectations with overall quality.
very good job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CANovember 11, 2018
I enjoyed working for allstate. I was a great company, with a very caring management team. Very supportive. Great environment to work in and progress if chosen.
Job review of Allstate
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 11, 2018
I worked for a wonderful office at Allstate. I was not the greatest sales person. If I could do it over again. Allstate is a great company to work for. I worked for Johnson and Johnson Insurance in Wilde Lake ( Columbia, Maryland ).
Pros
execellent work company
Cons
because the work enviroment is so great you may work alot over time.
I work for an agent
Licensed Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYNovember 10, 2018
I work for an agent so my opinions about Allstate do not apply l have no experience with Allstate at a corporate I have no opinion regarding Allstate at a corporate level.
boss was nice and productive, coworker was not
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYNovember 9, 2018
office dynamic sucked because coworker was dead weight, yet tenured. onboarding was a pain in the butt, and the salary and benefits didn't make it worthwhile either.
Pros
days off
Cons
everything aforementioned

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K
41.7K
31.2K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

76%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

76%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss