Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Found 6,724 reviews matching the search See all 6,940 reviews
Okay
Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2019
Good company to work for depending on the owner of course! Their goals are unrealistic specially as a team, if everyone is not going to be putting in the work.
Constant indecision
Agency Owner (Former Employee) –  Township of Macomb, MISeptember 20, 2019
ROI affects local management success, always affected by lack corporate concern. The concept of independent Agency is a farce. Truly consider the concept of captive agency in marketing and operations before contemplating a career....
Allstate Information Technology
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  NebraskaSeptember 20, 2019
I've been here for several years, is a great place to work in information technology. Friendly, respectful, with good collaboration across different areas. Above average pay and benefits. Senior management very engaged with employees. Lots of company activities for employees as well. Good community involvement.
Learned a lot but no advancement opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 19, 2019
Started at agency as a customer service Rep and got my license, only to be told I wouldn't have an opportunity to utilize it. I was really disappointed.
Pros
Educational opportunities
Cons
No reason to apply ones self
Training is superb, unfortunately the actual position is monotonous and standard process keeps your hands tied from actually assisting customers
Claims Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHSeptember 19, 2019
Training process is the best I've experienced. Once actually in the position you are expected to meet strict metrics and are micromanaged to the point of annoyance. This is not a company to begin a new career at if you are over the age of 30.
Agency and staff are friendly
Licensed Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 19, 2019
My agency is a comfortable and nice setting, closely working with your team at times and customers. Environment is friendly with an occasional outing for holidays.
Pros
5 paid vacation days annually
Cons
no benefits at this agency
Competive and rewarding environment
Agency Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COSeptember 18, 2019
A great company to work for with competitive pay and benefits. Balanced work and home enviornment but understand the typical work day requires more than 8 hours.
Underwriting dept
Individual Risk Associate (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHSeptember 18, 2019
Great amount of paid time off. Minimum options to work from home and not very flexible work hours. Very diverse work environment. Fast paced inbound call center.
Great work environment with amazing staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VASeptember 18, 2019
Typically I was in charge of sorting through files, making phone calls, and sending out informative letters and emails to our customers. I really enjoyed the feeling of helping someone through an issue that they might have and being able to fix it.
Good company
Licensed Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDSeptember 18, 2019
Great company that cares about their employees. I loved learning there but wasnt happy with the call center environment. All the employees were friendly and welcoming and helpful.
Productive work place
Mail Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 17, 2019
Very productive job
Easy place to work very friendly people everyone there to help
A lot of opportunities after you start and you there for 2yrs you can change jobs. Etc..
Sales Producer/Customer Service
Customer Service Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCSeptember 17, 2019
5 start rating...You will learn many things while working for this Company. Each day you work, you will encounter many different situations. You will learn how to independently handle each situation for the best interest of each Customer
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no benefits
No salary or nor any hourly pay only commission
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MISeptember 17, 2019
Need to be open to candidates that you won't get paid hourly, its all commission based work.

Also need to change it to hourly. Friendly people and staff though
Heavy Workload
Claims Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 17, 2019
Allstate is a stock owned company and employees are squeezed dry every day, Staffing is always an issue. The company pulled out of California because they did not want to pay employees or deal with the regulations in California. They dont care as much about the claim handling as they do about how they look in the media.
Good company to grow your career.
Performance Tester (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 16, 2019
Very fun place to work at . A good company that allows professional growth. Competitive pay scale and friendly environment . very helpful team overall.
Great work environment
Associate Claims Service Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 16, 2019
work day consist of returning reviewing and answering emails, checking claims portal for new claim assignments, checking voicemails and returning calls to address any questions or concerns.

addressing any diary follow-ups that were set for that date to return customer, agents or contractors calls or estimates to be completed by that date.

making sure that any new claims that I received for that date that I would make first contact within 2 hours

was always available to answer and or help any peers coverage or estimating questions.
Allstate insurance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLSeptember 16, 2019
Allstate is a good place to start a career the pay is okay. You deal with some cranky customers but you meet some awesome people along the way. Not a bad job.
Best Job Experience to Date
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2019
I left to finish college and because of military deployments. However, I learned the most and made the most money in my civilian career underneath the Allstate family umbrella.
Make sure it is a good fit
Insurance specialist (Former Employee) –  South ohioSeptember 16, 2019
I answered an ad for base plus commission. It was all commission. I was told offices would have clients Waiting for me each week. Only one out of four offices brought a client in about once every 10 days. I did not have the clients to write, they did full underwriting which many of the clients had difficulty with. In 10 weeks I was paid on one case
Fast-pace fun place to work, bouncing ideas off of each others was great.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, GASeptember 16, 2019
What i loved about Allstate is the Team player feeling, we had groups and we worked together. We were all in it for the company, no one person for themselves. Always able to go and just bounce ideas off of each other.
Pros
casual dress fridays
Cons
some days no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K
42K
31.4K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Allstate Insurance.

Powered by Comparably