Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Found 5,729 reviews matching the search See all 5,909 reviews
Busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHJanuary 21, 2019
Great training , constant work and improvement. Great people to work with. Education reimbursement
Offer benefits and pension secure location to work at
Pros
Gym, lunch room
A Great Place to Work
Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDJanuary 21, 2019
Allstate really cares about their employees. They want you to understand work/life balance, healthy choices, and self management. They offer training and advancement opportunities. Lots of friendly competition and incentives for various types of success, frequent free food, and a fair number of PTO days are just some of the great things about working at Allstate.
Pros
Incentives, free training
Cons
The work is stressful
Allstate workplace
Senior Claims Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2019
I work from 8 to 5 - 6. I have learned so many different responsibilities in this fast paced environment with multi-tasking being essential. I learned that everyone must be able to work as a team and individually. The workplace culture is good. Hardest part is the hours when customers don't answer my phone calls to settle the claims. The most enjoyable is working with good reliable co-workers that buy into the program.
Pros
Flexibility, Co-workers
Cons
Workload according to pay
If you want a promotion or advancement, you better know someone.
Allstate Roadside Services (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 19, 2019
I'm sure other areas of the business are better then what I experienced. The benefits are what keep people there. Pay is lower then area competitors. Office facility is very modern.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management.
Poor culture.
Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 18, 2019
When I initially started I loved this job, then I started to pay attention and realized I had on rose colored glasses. The workload is unmanageable, however, if you meet metrics and deliver exceptional customer service, it’s not enough to advance. Politics are in every culture, but this was a different level. On paper you could perform really well, but if management did not like you, your work product didn’t matter. Unqualified people usually got the opportunities because they were “yes men”. Being good at your job only placed a target on your back and did not help with your growth. Management were lazy and professionalism lacked. I felt like I was literally stuck so I left and best decision I have made. Also, Allstate has the lowest compensation plan in the industry but continues to add more work.
Pros
Co workers, Pto, relaxed if you stay under the radar.
Cons
Unmanageable work load, poor management, lack of advancement opportunities.
This is the wrong Allstate company
Transporter and camera car operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85040January 18, 2019
The one I worked for I would highly recommend working for. They just went under new ownership as well. I had a blast working for them two different times now.
Workplaced
Sales Producer (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJanuary 18, 2019
I like my current job. just that the pay is not the best. I am a life and P&C licensed agent and I get paid 17an hour. Also, I am a public notary. Employer is good but lazy
A fast paced work environment
TELEMARKETER AND SOLICITOR (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CA 91205January 18, 2019
Allstate has a fast-paced work environment but it's all good. I learned how to multitask and be flexible whenever you're needed. My manager would always throw some ideas that are beneficial to me and I always meet the goal and deadlines. I love my workplace culture because of the employees that I work with. The hardest part of the job is when you deal with clients that couldn't understand English. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get compensated with bonuses because of the job well done.
Pros
Buying lunch has so many options next door.
Cons
Not enough time
Run Far Away
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJanuary 17, 2019
Run far away unless you like to work up to 80 hours per work week on a salary that is lower than some companies in this industry.
The benefits are good with the company, however the amount of stress is not comparable to anything I can describe besides working within this company.
Constantly adding new process to work load, which is understandable, but constantly adding new workload to new process makes it unmanageable.
Taking days off of work was almost dreaded because you would have more to do than if you would have just worked instead of using one of the many days of PTO you were provided.
Office in this region is like no other..Promises promotions and opportunities, but only come to the favored.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No life outside of work, Stress
Enjoyed my work in QA but Management changes were constant
Test Manager (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 17, 2019
Actual project work was very fulfilling. The number of Management changes was unbalancing with constant changes to job priorities and expectations. Very structured and formal . Allstate is very generous in providing/encouraging volunteer work-one of the best things about working for this company.
Pros
Good Benefits, ability to occasionally work remotely
Cons
lack of Work/Life balance
Captive Agency
Associate Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Clyde, OHJanuary 17, 2019
Working for a captive Agent is unique because the Agent's perks were offered by the agent based off earnings achieved by Captive contract. Allstate offered plenty of support for an Agent to strive for success.
It's not the company it used to be
Claims Service Leader (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 17, 2019
Allstate was once a great company to work for. I had worked there almost 10yrs but could not take the constant changes anymore. Digital transformation is a new culture for every type of company but without proper testing it does not work. Virtual claim handling seems like a good idea on paper but being up close and personal with how it operates it is a joke.
Benefits have increasingly been reduced over the years and the guidelines in order to take your own PTO are ridiculous. Allstate is looking out for its shareholders at this point and really doesn't take into account valuable employees who have worked very hard in order to get where they are. Turnover has become a big issue and I see it growing in the future. But, that's ok for them as a good employee will just be replaced by someone who has no experience and will work for less and less each year.
Glad I made the decision to leave!
Poor structure and trainging
Liability Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Inadequate training and overall organization. Personal relationships affected working relationships. Focused on numbers not customers. High employee turn around due un reasonable goals set by trial error
Customer is always #1
Claim Service Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJanuary 16, 2019
The work is intense and can be overwhelming, Benefits are good but pension not so much You will never be on top of this job, The company demands so much as do the customers.

It is a good place to get experience but no real opportunity to advance.
Pros
Lots of time off.
Cons
You will always be behind
Good time working with agent
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJanuary 16, 2019
Good job while working through college. Spent time learning about insurance, and seeing the value in building long term relationships with clients who could build a good residual income from. I worked for agent.
productive work environment
Licensed claims adjuster (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 16, 2019
I come in and I review my tasks, I make my phone calls to my customers, I have meetings about my performance and what I can improve on. I have set goals and areas of focus.
Pros
The people I work with
Cons
the micro management and how much I'm responsible for
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 15, 2019
I enjoyed working here and would recommend others to work here as well. Unfortunately, the business decision led positions to another state which did not align with my ambitions.
High Pace, Unrealistic Goals and Stressful
Licensed Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denville, NJJanuary 15, 2019
At Allstate you have to make sure that you hit your goals for the week or you will not get paid. You can have a solid week, but if you did not meet the set goal by 1 sale then you will get no commission for the sales that you did make.
Pros
Sharpened Sales Skills
Cons
short or no breaks
I really don’t like writing summaries
Front desk manager (Former Employee) –  Siler City, NCJanuary 14, 2019
I really don’t like Writing reviews thank you anyway but I started 2000 for this taking payments I learned a lot over the last almost 15 years I really enjoy the best place customer service and being a part time license agent
Pros
Good it working place
Cons
Good it working place
Values continuous learning and new ideas.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 14, 2019
Allstate values people who are always thinking about their work as it relates to new discoveries they have run across in the course of their lives -- new ideas, new applications of Allstate assets, new learning applied to Allstate offerings. A stimulating place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K
41.8K
31.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Allstate Insurance.

Powered by Comparably