Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
Technology Consultant, Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIApril 25, 2018
Great Team atmosphere and Management that are goals driven as well as customer support to families. The workplace culture provides you with the opportunity for advancement as well as direct support to the agency and the agents who take care of the customer. The employees are encouraged to express suggestions that will enhance the effectiveness of the operations as well as corrections/adjustments to processes that are in place. The encouragement to pursue and model Best practices is what makes this company stand out.
office coordinator
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAApril 24, 2018
Cleaned out all the files and then would look up customers that were still in the system but were not active and would make a file with all the non active customers. Drive to bank to deposit cash of cash deals.
Pros
boss worked with me in my hours
Cons
nothing
Many customers are a JOY!!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 24, 2018
The experience you have in your workplace depends on the employer you have. Many customers were a joy and brightened my day. Customers become family.
wonderful
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCApril 23, 2018
this company by far is one of the best i have ever worked for! i loved the atmosphere and the comradery that my coworkers and i had. we were a company all about the people and making sure they were taken care of. it was wonderful
Productive without being Cut-throat
Project Manager (Band C1) (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILApril 23, 2018
Allstate is proud of being the "middle of the road" company in terms of work-life balance. You won't be worked to the bone, but you won't be striking it rich either. I enjoy/ed my time there, and got to work on some interesting projects, even when I was a more junior employee. Managers and directors (in my experience) take an active interest in developing their employees, and the overall atmosphere is positive and encouraging.

Overall, I recommend Allstate as an employer.
Service
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 23, 2018
Many office duties, Walk ins, phones, payments, I enjoy helping people. mailings, cross-sell quotes.
Collecting information for the agents to complete policies.
Typical Claims environment.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2018
Heavy workload, fast paced. Good management, though occasional micro management. Good training and technology, though low staff support. Quality and quantity expectations seemed to vary by manager.
Productive and Keeps You on Your Toes
Licensed Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 23, 2018
As with any insurance company you never stop learning, something is new every day. There can be stress but at the same time being able to help that client with what they need can be an amazing feeling.
Pros
Client relationship
Cons
No Health Insurance or retirement
Filling at Allstate Insurance
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORApril 22, 2018
My day at Allstate Insurance would include filling people's policies and greeting people when they walk through the door. I learned to organize and be precise with my work. Mangement was good and friendly. The hardest part would have to be how organized I had to be with people's policies.
Pros
Long lunchbreaks and great envirnoment
Cons
Not too many breaks
Great place to own your own business
Agency Owner (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAApril 20, 2018
I owned my insurance agency and it became very competitive that in the end it was no longer an ideal place for me to work and continue on with my career.
A day in the life: Allstate Agency
Manager (Former Employee) –  NYApril 20, 2018
Good work/life balance. Will learn a lot if you have a good, knowledgeable mentor. Ok with PTO and vacation... however you will earn little, no health insurance, no advancement. If want to make more money, need to sale sale sale. Much pressure from corporate to meet sales goals, otherwise there are punitive actions against owner. Coworkers need to come together as a team, help each other and communicate otherwise day becomes very stressful trying to putting out fires and fixing other peoples mistakes.
Pros
Good work/life balance; ok pto and vacation
Cons
Low salary, no health insurance, no opportunities of advancement
Used to be a Great place to work
Senior Support Center Specialists (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 20, 2018
When I started at Allstate it was a great place to work.Unfortunately the company started outsourcing. This led to added stress because no one had job security.
Pros
People, Benefits
Cons
lack of security
great place to work
Outside Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 19, 2018
I recommend it. I only left because of the distance. The people that worked there were family and folks genuinely cared about each other. Minimal gossip and BS. Management for the most part was great. Everyone worked together to reach the common goal which was customer service.
Pros
Great people, benefits, and staff
Cons
None I can complain about
Don’t do it
Field Auto Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILApril 19, 2018
Allstate is a great company. However, it depends what office you work in and what deptment. Claims is the worst. It’s 100% a numbers game. They will chew you up and spit you out. No loyalty. If your office numbers suck, the leaders will throw anyone they can under the bus to save themselves. Chicagoland Auto is probably the worst. The office is under staffed and it’s impossible to service the customers properly. Leadership knows that but they still expect you to receive all 10’s on your surveys. The leaders are drastically over paid while the people who do all the work are under paid. I would rather juggle chainsaws for money then go back to that place.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Learned a new trade and skill
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COApril 19, 2018
Blue print operator, small office, training while I learned, company vehicle and card to run errands to city and county building, fire depts. for permits and building inspection approval for construction, learned a completely different field of knowledge, worked with a engineer and learned to read blue prints for installation of fire protection sprinkler systems.
Pros
Company errands and vehicle got me out of office a little
Cons
Horse papers were not in my job title
Not a great place to wirk
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INApril 19, 2018
There are some very dishonest agents out there. Stealing money, fake claims you name it. I was bullied by other coworkers just because I had experience. Very bad experience
Pros
Cons
Bullying atmosphere
good job if you have a good social network
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2018
a typical day would include many cold calling and x-dates.

would have to constantly build and maintain a established clientele

are able to work with loan officers, retail agents and other lines of business to receive quote opportunities
Pros
able to leave office to social network
Cons
self driven and no opportunity to grow
Cut throat - Unethical
Market Distribution Leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2018
I didn't feel the organization was very ethical. On more than one occasion I was coached on how to manipulate sales results. I didn't feel comfortable. The compensation was extremely generous but the environment was not one I considered to be ethical.
Claims
Total Loss Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIApril 17, 2018
An average day in claims for auto is working on settlements with customers to be able to get them paid for their total loss vehicles. I learned that vehicle values differs by how a personal keeps up their vehicle and its based on actual cash value and not a retail value. The people that I work with are great. The hardest part of the job is the confrontation with customers to assist with explaining the actual cash value. The most enjoyable is being able to reach that customer who is really happy of being able to take turn a traumatic experience and assist them getting into another vehicle.
Benefits
Cons
work life and balance
Great coworkers and management.
Subrogation Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2018
quick paced industry
customer focused
Hardest part is finding balance between work and after-work life
The company offers a great benefit package and career opportunities
Pros
constructive feedback
Cons
work life balance is a challenge

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K
41.5K
31K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight