Allstate Insurance

Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

United States8,720 reviews

Found 8,720 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,063 reviews

Great Work Life balance

Great management and work to growth. Great company to build your skills. The employees are friendly and always open to assist when you need assistance.

Good benefits and time off, high turnover

22-27 days off, whenever you want to take them (as long as there's availability on the calendar), can take them in as little as increments of 15 minutes. If you don't come into work for a whole week (5 consecutive days) that's only 1 warning, you have around 7 before you get terminated (this is on top of exhausting your vacation days).. Pay is very low $15 per hour for the amount of knowledge, work and stress, and volume you are expected to achieve. Extremely repetitive.. A favoritism culture.. Many get black balled and are the best performers for years, even are used for training purposes, but their application for promotion consistently gets rejected, meanwhile a new hire who has family or friends that work there will quickly get promoted within the first few months.

Allstate Insurance insights

Based on 3,374 survey responses
What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great Department-Difficult to Advance

The pay is much lower than other insurance companies, but I personally love my co-workers and leadership. The only issue is that whenever you are ready to move to an MCO, they don't particularly like to take people from my department. The paid time off is definitely the best I've had though.

Pros

Paid Time Off & Culture

Cons

Difficult to Advance & Not Enough Pay for What we Do

Some managers are supportive

The job overall is very mentally draining. They pile claims on and don’t provide any additional pay when you receive claims above your threshold. They lock you into salary and over work you. The OA position is not a true a OA, you will do both IA and OA

Pros

Paycheck

Cons

Health plans, the pay, workload

Great pay, benefits, and environment

I worked as a sales agent for a year. The training and licensing experience was tough but the trainers were very supportive. Loved my manager and team. Adhering to metrics can be stressful at times, but the support is always there.

Great job.

Great company to work for. Inbound calls. Some calls can be very stressful. Work at home Great benefits. Draw back is you may be working evenings. Daily morning huddle

Pros

Personal time off

Cons

Very stressful inbound calls

Good pay

Another call center job with good pay and a good bonus structure. The job is repetitive but you can make it your own. Some people don't understand insurance at all and want to argue.

Allstate is the worst company to work for

Was employed by them for 5 years and did both auto and property. Allstate offers no work/life balance as they will work you to the ground. The pay is not competitive for what other major carriers are paying for similar roles, management will not help you to succeed and will throw you under the bus. Allstate has been laying off people since 2018 and will continue to lay people off..they do not value loyalty-they would rather spend money training and onboarding new hires with no experience then take care of their employees that are long term.

Pros

Gave 2, 000 dollars annually to put towards health insurance, or 401k

Cons

Be careful, they will use customer surveys against you and blame you for things outside of your control.

short staffed

I was doing a job of 2 people and the salary was very low. No real training, only from a employee who left. So, I had to do my work and hers. Under pressure to sell all the time but know adequate training.

Pros

work hours

Cons

over worked and under payed and not trained properly.

Long hours, lots of work but overall not that bad

It’s a lot of work, systems are always changing, long hours, lots of travel (which isn’t bad, unless you have kids or pets), but even when traveling, your too busy with work to enjoy the city your in (which has just been badly damaged by a recent storm, this why you are there). The people and managers are great & supportive though…

good employees to work with upper management not my favorite

geared towards younger less experienced people with lots of computer skills. Very fast paced environment quotas are stressful might be a good career choice for someone getting into the insurance industry.

Layoffs

With moving jobs and entire departments to other countries, you realize you are not valued for all your hard work at all but rather another expense they can save money on by shipping the job elsewhere.

Stressful and hours are unfair

Very stressful work environment. Call after call of people Who are very upset. Company itself isn’t that bad but you are stuck with hours that might not work for you until a “bid” comes along. And even then you might not get what you want.

low pay

poorly paid and agent was a poor leader. I was paid poorly and the agency offered health insurance but it was 600 every 2 weeks. It was a way to get my foot into the door for a career in insurance.

Insurance Agency employment is the same where ever you work

Allstate is a recognized brand, but because of that, I feel the company is too rigid with its pricing structure and premium formulation recipes. Part of the reason for this, is because Allstate is a public company, and because they report to shareholders, I feel the customers' interests get lost in the process.

Corporate Vs Agency

My agency owner was an amazing leader! He worked in the trenches with us daily to build the agency. Ultimately, Allstate's corporate office provided rules and guidelines that would increase the size of larger agencies and reduce the number of smaller ones. As an example, in order to reach certain bonuses NEEDED to keep the doors open, metrics that we excelled in were reduced in their impact on the agency score. The positive side would be that you own your book but when it is sold to another agent, how that book was built is never shared and therefore harder impact on retention.

Its a Job

Overall my experience at Allstate has been ok, just underpaid and expensive health benefits -Management ok and laid back, moving up is a challenge (multiple interviews to land a promotion) - They don't care about your background for higher roles, you need to do the work from the beginning with the rookies and earn your spot - (that sucks when you have 20 years of experience)

Claims Specialist

I love working in claims. I feel good helping people who are in need to fix a problem and that’s the main reason why I like working for Allstate. The pay for Allstate claims Specialist is low for the amount of work and calls you’re taking. Management will monitor you closely if you stay in after call work too long, they will harass you on teams. They do support diversity and inclusivity to balance culture in the workplace. Flexible schedule, immediate PTO, cafeteria benefits

Pros

Diverse culture workplace, benefits, schedule

Cons

Pay, closely monitored, poor management

remote work

Company is on right track. Focusing on defined business model without all the prior distractions. Move to remote work for HQ was smart - good for employees and the company.

The most expensive insurance products on the market so you can't close any deals

As an insurance agent I was expected to make 100+ calls a day which was fine but every time someone would let me quote them we would always be more, even for the same coverages. The compensation schedule was terrible so I only made minimum wage working there just about. Better to work at a place like Geico whos actually competitive.

Pros

learned to handle rejection

Cons

terrible wages, expensive products, high stress for no reward

Good people

I may have hated my job while I worked there but I loved the people I met and worked with. I made some very good friends while working there that cared about me and my family.

Common questions about Allstate Insurance

Answered by current and former employees at Allstate Insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Allstate Insurance.
Powered byComparably