Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

fun place
Total Loss Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas TxMay 14, 2018
Would spend time looking for vehicles in the market area that would be comparable to the vehicles the customers would lose based on the accident and then determine the value of there car based on found information
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
angry clients
Nice place to work
ATO- Processing Support Associate III (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 14, 2018
Typical day was to review renewing policies.
Learned how to write and renew policies.
Management cared about the employees.
The workplace was great and laidback with being able to work 2 days at home.
The hardest part of the job was figuring out the new premium with discounts and accidents changing it.
The most enjoyable part was having people there to help you when you needed it.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAMay 14, 2018
Provided customers with insurance quotes & insurance policies for Auto & home on a daily basis. Collected monies for payments. Also did some filing & clerical work.
insurance agent
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 14, 2018
The office job was great overall. I did not have a great experience with the agent who hired me because I was initially promised advancement that never came. Maybe others have better experiences working for Allstate. Unfortunately, I did not.
Pros
guaranteed full time position
Cons
no advancement
Productive workplace focused on interesting work
Quantitative Analyst and Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILMay 13, 2018
A typical day at work depends on whether or not you have a close role or not. Close responsibilities follow strict timelines and require full engagement through the close process. Non-close roles will be made up of more meeting time spaced out with substantial focused work.

The workplace culture is fast paced and focused on making the work interesting and challenging. Management constantly seeks deeper analysis which provides opportunities for thoughtful engagement with financial data.

Flex schedules, closely monitored work loads, and work from home arrangements create a healthy work life balance. A suite of fitness and wellness programs promote a culture of healthy living for employees.
Pros
Flex scheduling, strong career development
Cons
Many meetings
Allstate is a great place to work
Exclusive Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 12, 2018
The only reason I left was agencies I serviced were struggling due to the economy and premium increases, and i could not get enough prospects due to agency closings and changing hands.
Pros
The organization
Cons
Some local agents and constantly changing management
Company with good benefits
Life Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMay 12, 2018
Had good co workers and friends. Felt like a big family after working for around 15 years. Became the first Indian female underwriter. Allstate gave me tuition reimbursement to earn MBA.
Pros
Great benefits and team events
Cons
Underwriting managers are hired on the basis of connections than experience and knowledge.
Older employees will never retire
Regional Development Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAMay 11, 2018
This means that younger employees get stuck in their jobs because there’s no room for advancement. Compensation is not competitive for today’s market.
Excelllent management who are all competent.
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed this project.I was a contract consultant to design and develop 12 courses - some on line. Great experience. I was trusted based on my expertise and that was what I needed. Culture was terrific and engaged with others very smoothly.
Pros
Going to meetings were wonderful leaning and growing experiences.
Cons
They were in Chicago and I am in Phoenix.
productive and fun work place
Associate Marketing Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 11, 2018
taking customers calls data entry work
How to work with the general public residential and commercial clients.
good staff
others always willing to teach
not enough time in the day to complete all tasks
working out in the gym that was on the premises
Pros
Great benifits 40lk sharing
Review
Catastrophe Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 11, 2018
All state was mt First Insurance company I work for. Very Quick pace environment. Busy, But a great company to work at. Team Player, great environment.
awful
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMay 10, 2018
Management here has total power trips and is completely ridiculous. I left the company because I was tired of the abuse. The people that work there harass each other daily.
Work Enviroment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA 90503May 10, 2018
Took payments from customers in person and over the phone. I would follow scripts, perform filing duties, and provided data entry. Answer phones and did phone solicitations.
Allstate
Sales Agent/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 10, 2018
Working for Allstate is decent. You can make as much money as you want commission wise but even then it is not much. The office is great to work in for the most part and I enjoy my co workers.
micro management at its finest
Medical Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 10, 2018
constant call taking
complaint handling
no opportunity for growth/development
manager always away
company driven by numbers, not employees
poor employee retention
Allstate was a very good company to work for. There was room for advancement. You were treated with respect
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2018
I really liked my job. Working with other people. Helping each other when we had something new arise. Had a very good schedule, good pay, vacation,bonus time that we had the opportunity to earn. Awesome management and wonderful pay.
Pros
Environment, time off with pay, excellent benefits
Cons
The company relocated to Chicago
Awesome!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 10, 2018
I worked at the Brian Weller Office and it was the best job I ever had! I loved every second of everyday that i worked there. He was an amazing boss! and the office manager was great as well. I could have worked there forever, never intended or wanted to stop working there very much enjoyed everyone that i worked with!
Pros
Cons
Pay was a little low, but the people made up for it
Outings, training, inclusive culture
IT Senior Program/Project Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILMay 9, 2018
Managed projects working with teams. Learned PM skills, Allstate provided training, Allowed Work at home, Hardest part was working for some leadership that were too pushy, most enjoyable, the people, inclusive culture
Pros
Large Corporation with many opportunities
Cons
Outsourcing work to India laying off American Workers
Understanding real estate agent
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Roscoe, ILMay 8, 2018
She was really understanding about scheduling me so sometimes I would open and other days I would go in a little later and stay for some hours. I learned new objectives and new information about insurance which comes in hand today. The most enjoyable part of the job was that my boss would bring her dogs in so I would always play with them.
Pros
Paid weekly
great learning experience
Sales Rep/Office Mgr (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 8, 2018
I learned a lot working in the insurance industry, this is a very competitive business, you are constantly fighting to keep your customers. I enjoyed the time I was in insurance and glad to be out of it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K
41.5K
31.1K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

70out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Allstate Insurance.