Alltran Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Customer service representative in Debt Recovery
Customer service representative in Debt Recovery (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77072July 14, 2018
Good telephone communication techniques and ability to be on the telephone for extended periods of time.
Assertive, clear and concise written/oral communication skills. Must possess strong negotiation, problem-solving, and probing skills that are utilized in a professional manner. Ability to meet goals and deadlines in a fast paced, goal driven environment. Proficient PC and typing skills and must be able to comply with all state, federal and company rules and policies. Must have the ability to collect bankcard, retail credit, auto deficiency, commercial credit accounts. Effectively manage time, multi-task and prioritize.
Pros
having the customer issue resolved
Cons
no receiving our bonuses with no explanation for management
Growth opportunities
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sartell, MNJuly 12, 2018
Really friendly environment, many training and career advancement opportunities. Fitness center in the building. Very willing to work with various schedules.
tense and all about productivity
DOE Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 10, 2018
lack of proper managment , not clear about anything , constantly inconsistent about rules and regulations. Not to mention they tried not to pay full first check and never got the comisson for any accounts i set up neither has anyone else in DOE
Pros
decent pay
Cons
lack of management skills
Good opportunity for someone with the right mindset.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 27, 2018
This is a job that will reward you for sustained effort. Must be self motivated. High level collectors and divisional managers paid well. Not a place you can expect to move through management ranks as they prefer to hire from outside. Very limited upward mobility even to the most accomplished.
Pros
Monthly contests, nice bonus structure for collection. Non-political atmosphere.
Cons
Can get stuck in dead end department.
Management lacks leadership and positivity
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Sartell, MNJune 25, 2018
The supervisors have very little respect for you. This is a terrible place to work. The management never is on the same page. The supervisors at Alltran are all on power trips. The good are very few and simply out numbered. DO NOT APPLY HERE! You WILL regret it. Sad, miserable people in control that want
spread negativity to others. Workers are forced to do the jobs of 3-4 people and expect same results with NO pay increase. All incentive based, no raises. Calls and graded and picked apart to the point they want a robot on the phone rather than a human.
Pros
Free coffee, frisbee golf in yard
Cons
Management lacks leadership
Resolution Specialist
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 23, 2018
I love the job. It's fun, exciting...love going to work everyday. Its a competitive job....who can do it better. I LOVE IT.
The down side is management. I feel like just a number..not valued at all. Not the warm and cozy feeling. I stress everyday that today may be the day even thou I'm top performer. I feel as though I could be walked out at anytime with them not even batting an eyelash. And it's sad...
My coworkers come to work when they feel like it...no sense of knowing this is actually a job. Maybe management is the way they are because they hire unreliable staff. I don't know.
Maybe management should hire quality people that actually come to work and management could act as if they care and things would turn around. AND POINT OUT THE GOOD WE DO AND NOT JUST THE BAD.
Pros
The job
Cons
Management, every other Saturday, unreliable coworkers, training
Relaxed comfortable
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2018
Great place to work and be comfortable. Everything is well put together . Easy to understand. Easy going . Some moments may become difficult do to roudy personals in debt .
It’s okay
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2018
I wish there were more opportunities to advance or get some type of commission in the resurgent department. It’s not ready any benefits being in this department.
good.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJune 2, 2018
good working environment, a lot of work to be done, stressful sometimes especially the first few months, but you get used to it after a couple months.
USAA Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TX 77802May 7, 2018
I enjoy working at Alltran its always a great enviorment and great people. Everyone of the management team is very helpful. Plenty of room to grow and learn to excel in position.
Pros
not stressful
Cons

Want to know more about Alltran?

Ask a question
its was a solid work place
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILApril 23, 2018
I was there for a long time was better when it was owned by just 1 person there was many changes when Company was sold to a corporate company Some time the Ceo was not honest with the employees
Poor Management
Employee (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 11, 2018
This company is operated poorly. Management has been in position for years and isn't open to change or growth.

Employees are underpaid and expected to deliver excellent work performance.

This company is not good for individuals who wish for career growth within their field.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 11, 2018
A typical day was dealing with sick patients and their relatives. Learned to be compassionate and listened. Liked working with Alltran. Felt like a family.
They do not give a person enough time to learn
Medical billing representative (Former Employee) –  Sartell, MNMarch 15, 2018
I worked for them for 3 weeks for all the training. And after all of that I was just catching on to their system which is very unorganized and they let me go because a they said I was not a good fit for their company which I do not understand because I did go to school for medical billing and coding
Pros
there are incentives in each group for each month if quota is met
Cons
their computer system is complicated. It's unorganized
Keep looking
Call center representative (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMarch 14, 2018
I heard it was a good company before bough out by Alltran. Managers dont help most dont know what theyre doing no raises they took away commission bonuses. Unrealistic expectations of the call center as in call quotas and production quotas with poor client relationships. Disorganized procedures and protocal, not a single manager was on the same page. One encouraged a behavior while the other is writing you up for it.
Very down to earth, friendly place to work.
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Sartell, MNFebruary 12, 2018
Very down to earth, friendly place to work. Managers are very friendly to work with and the atomsphere is warm and welcoming. Higher up management is hard to get along with.
Dumpster Fire
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Sartell, MNFebruary 8, 2018
This place is the most poorly run company I have ever experienced. If you ever watched the Office sitcom multiply the inefficiency by 3 and you would have Alltran. This company is losing clients left and right due to extremely poor upper management. This company could fix many of it's problems by investing in its workers and infrastructure but it simply has a policy of invest $0 in anything related to actually providing better service for it's clients. Absolute bottom feeder of a business making money of buying toxic debt and harassing people and by being the lowest bidder on healthcare calling contracts.
Pros
Co-workers are very kind
Cons
Too numerous to list
I would not recommend
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJanuary 26, 2018
This was by far the worst place I have ever worked. There is no professionalism at this place whatsoever, and I am amazed that they are even able to keep their clients happy. I should have known better given the way the hiring event was conducted. You are just a number so expect to be disappointed.
Pros
Never met any of the upper managment, bad low managment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJanuary 16, 2018
Company closing from what I heard. Not surprised.Lot of favoritism...training poor.. there were some great co workers but management had their favorites
Pros
Some nice co workerd
Cons
Bad training
The job can be extremely stressful. Every call is reviewed, Mistakes are fireable events.
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 4, 2018
The hardest part of the job is that it's almost a learn as you go process. Training was inadequate. When you get on the floor, you make a zillion mistakes because you aren't familiar with the rules. In addition, working collections it's hard to keep people from hanging up in order to offer them anything. You are often screamed at, or cussed out by consumers.
Pros
multicurtural envoirnment/good people to work with
Cons
Pay, dress code, work schedule, cell phones not allowed in the immediate call center envoirnment.