Ally Financial Employee Reviews

Featured review
Ally Financial selected this as a representative review
Love the Culture and Diversity of the company
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 20, 2018
The job consists of talking to customers that are past due on their auto loans. Ive learned how to interact with the customer and create a way to have a win win situation for both customer and company. Management makes sure you have all the tools needed to assist. The workplace culture is incredible, very diverse and accepting of all backgrounds. The hardest part of the job would be trying to have customers commit to making timely payments, the most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that its fast paced and learning new ways to help the business prevent losses.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Constant changes
Very productive work place
Sr.Test Lead / Test Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 14, 2018
Was really happy working at Ally Financial. I worked as a contractor at Ally Financial. I learned lot of management skills. The work place culture was flexible.
Great company to work for
Change Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2018
I had a wonderful, understanding and compassionate supervisor within the IT department. Great experience all together at Ally and I would recommend anyone to this banking facility for employment.
Very productive and a great company to work for
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 11, 2018
Excellent Company! Tuition reimbursement, coaching, mentor ships, bonus on top of salary. Everyone is willing to help and managers provide feedback to help you grow within the company.
Good Company
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 10, 2018
Good Company to work for when you are in the right area and under the right management. They are expanding and growing and definitely have a more relaxed environment than the average bank.
Pros
work from home
Cons
health insurance, pay based upon experience
Cliquey Management
Strategic Planning Manager - ITPS Shared Services (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 8, 2018
Found that the Management group could be Cliquey at times - could have been the group I was in. Other groups didn't seem to have that issue - so I can only speak to the group I worked in
Pros
Great peer atmosphere
Cons
too rigid of compliance
Great company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 7, 2018
Great people and great environment to work in.Great Benefits.
Lots of Diversity. Lots of opportunity to move up with in the company. Great starting salary.Great Human Service Department.
Pros
Great Benefits
Great until management changed
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 7, 2018
Everything was great until management changed. It seems the other department needed our manager to clean up other peoples mess. The new manager couldn't handle stress or work under pressure. They couldn't manage their team or their own work effectively.
Pros
Benefits, culture, people
Cons
Micromanaging, lack of reliable managers, favoritism
good place
Arvato call center (Former Employee) –  Yakima County, WANovember 7, 2018
it was a good place and work environment. Lots of fun people to work with. fast paced and competitive. The only thing that was annoying was some customers and our inability to help them in some areas
review
UNIX Systems and Cloud Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 7, 2018
excellent company to work. No pressure from management. Employees are very collaborative. Friendly management. Long training experience to ensure employees are knowledgeable and confident at their job.
Great employer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 4, 2018
This was a great place to work. Many goal incentives were provided. Several employee appreciation days were celebrated throughout the year. Enjoyable work environment. Managers always had your back and were ready to help when needed. Relaxed dress code was allowed. Awesome benefit package! I would go back to this employer if I lived closer and didn't have the commute.
Pros
Benefits, casual dress code, supportive management
Cons
stress
fun,friendly and challenging
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 2, 2018
Great environment , great people.Communicated with dealerships daily offering assistance.Management truly cared answer express gratitude to employees
Ally financial
Billing analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 31, 2018
Great company the people and environment is a great place overall. Only thing went wrong the bonus pay out change and the turnover rate increase. New hires were making more the people that had been with the company for years. So they no longer value their employees.
Great place or bank to work at with fast pace.
CSR 2 (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2018
This bank is great to work at after you hop over the learning curve. They ask you to be flexible and have open availability yet they don’t seem to be flexible with the options they give you, thats my only gripe. Good people and good knowledge you may actually use and share with others willing to listen. They really do promote hiring within they out sourced two people the two years I worked there and those were higher up positions.
Pros
Good people, easy job, easy to move up if desired
Cons
Poor management, poor training, building problems, fixed schedule changes frequently
Financial services
Sr. Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 30, 2018
A Fortune 500 financial services firm (#286) provides automotive and mortgage financing, insurance, investment and online banking services. Ally has won Best Online Bank awards for the last five years (GOBankingRates)
good team, nice atmosphere and great place to work,
QA Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 30, 2018
good team, nice atmosphere and a great place to work.

I worked as QA tester, both manual and automation used framework, Junit, Sql etc.. in Agile environment.
Blah
Customer Solutions Rep (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 30, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Ally for the past 18 months until I was advised that I would be moving to a different department which is a step down from my current position. Although my pay stays the same, I feel that the job duties are well below my skill level. I have come to this company and within a year I have been awarded with an 'I AM AN ALLY ' Award which is a very big accomplishment. To earn this award your peers submit on your behalf why they feel that you should receive this award. It is then reviewed by a board of executives who then chooses if you will receive the award and the acknowledgement that goes along with it. I have had the opportunity to complete side-by-sides to train the new hires and then BOOM, I'm being moved to another department which again is a step down with no explanation given.
Fun place to work
AML Investigator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 29, 2018
I looked forward to going to work every single morning. Very fun and productive environment to work. Great co workers. There were mostly free lunches.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Worked weekends
Had a great bonus structure
Collections and Skip Tracing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 26, 2018
I have not worked for this employer since 2011. The location was good and they offered a good bonus structure. There was order and good comradery. The teamwork was awesome.
Pros
good managers
Cons
weekend work
They changing the online banking landscape with innovative digital experiences, 24/7 customer service, great rates and rewarding credit and lending p
Collector (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 25, 2018
They are changing the online banking landscape with innovative digital experiences with, 24/7 customer service, great rates and rewarding credit and lending products. As one of the largest auto financing companies in the country, our extensive experience and unmatched suite of products and services make us a preferred financing provider in the U.S.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and Engaging Workplace
Strategic Alliances Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 23, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my summer internship at Ally Financial Inc. because I felt welcomed from day 1. The internship program, especially within Strategic Alliances where I worked, was excellent and gave me the professional exposure I was looking for. Long-term, I can see that progressing might be a challenge but as a summer internship, I would recommend the experience.
Pros
Challenging work and engaging culture
Cons
Promotions down the road

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ally Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight