Ally Financial Employee Reviews

Very fast pace, very competitive, long work week
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJune 20, 2018
Enjoyed the work! Lending is fast paced. Long work weeks encouraged. Sometimes the work environment could get stressful, but that is part of the lending business.
Pros
Busy, lots of work, interesting
Cons
Stress
Clear Cut Expectations and brand new facility
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Shoreview, MNJune 20, 2018
Ally Bank has a wonderful culture and they truly take care of their people and their clients. This is a great place to work. The facility is brand new and they are very much about being an open door company with training and support.
Stepping Stone
Sr. Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 19, 2018
You use this place to get you where you need to be in a particular career path. Nothing more. Thankful that I was hired on. But it was nothing more than a call center. Everything is timed. If you use the bathroom too long, the management is checking on you, not to see if you are okay but to remind you of how much time you used while on the throne.
fast pace/incoming call center
Consumer Escalations Advocate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 12, 2018
a typical day at work can entail taking up to 100 calls incoming for customer service issues from simple to complex problems with auto accounts receivables. Most managers are solid assistants to their teams, some are not as at all places. I was in the escalations team and a regular day did take on some issues with customers who were very angry but after listening and offering to help, most calmed down. all calls are monitored and scores are given for efficiency and content per the call center guidelines for your department. The people who are on the teams I have worked for are all great. We have team building meetings and also fun activities for the sites.
Pros
can earn free lunches/site manager gives special celebrations
Cons
fast paced, high stress
Loan & Loss Mitigation /Credit Bureau Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 11, 2018
Regular 8-5 desk job, Data entry and phone calls, micromanaged, great benefits, team environment, mandatory overtime was the hardest part of the job most enjoyable being part of the employee engagement committee
Busy
Collector II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 8, 2018
a typical day was on the phone all day, did learn about auto industry management is cut throat the most enjoyable part of the job was some of my co workers
Pros
bonus
Cons
no advancements
Excellent Pay, But Culture Needs Work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2018
The pay versus employee experience is excellent. However, I was given a fold out table as my desk and had to share with another person. The Charlotte office is crammed to the gills with workers, and instead of letting people work from home they proposed this solution and said, "Well we had people work this way for years." No privacy what so ever, so you have to try to schedule meetings for when there aren't a lot of people around so you can hear. There is a prevailing culture of fear and anyone who suggests best practices is derided. People bully to get their way even if it is not good for the organization as a whole.
Pros
the money
Cons
work from home discouraged, institutional inerita
Conpany review
Mortgage Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2018
Overall great place to work, very flexible. A lot of work, so you will be busy. a bunch of great people to work with that will have your back. great company
Pros
free lunch
Cons
alot of work
laid back but stressful at times
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 5, 2018
First I should say that it is a good place to work because they are flexible with you when you have a change in your schedule and need to move some things here and there. The benefits are pretty comparable to other jobs that I've had in the past. The culture is good. they try to do things for the employees from time to time.
Underwriter
Commercial Credit Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAJune 3, 2018
I was made to feel like an outsider. Never felt like I belonged there. Management was never very helpful and the whole training process was kind of a joke.
Great Place To Work
Loss Mitigation Employee (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 2, 2018
Fun environment, management was awesome, and encouraging, to move forward in my career. I was supported in my efforts to seek growth. However I didn't have much of a work family life balance.
N/a
Telephone Specialist (Former Employee) –  Weaverville, NCJune 2, 2018
The Job was fun and competitive also a bonus structure if you place high in the Customer service representative score. relaxed and a nice lunch area :)
Ok place to Work
Production Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 29, 2018
This is an ok company to work for, considering I've been with the company for 8 years. There is always potential for improvement, though the company seems to be slowly making a shift towards integrating fresher ideas.
Fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 23, 2018
We were like one big family always helping someone new who did not know the ropes yet. Helping customer get things situated on their accounts. Holidays we always had a potluck dinner and decorated for the season. Always had contest to keep up morale. Great place to work!!!! I would still be there today if they would not have moved to Jacksonville, Florida in another call center.
Pros
Great people, great location, schedule was great for me
Cons
Moved away
Management is the worse
Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2018
Management within the company can never make up their minds on how to run the company. One week they are total soft in their treatment on the employee’s the next week they are counting being 1 minute late as an occurrence. There is NO life/work balance. The worse part is that everyone has to agree on something before you can move forward with anything. No one is in charge they all think they are the boss.
Pros
Good benefits
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 21, 2018
We have a fierce commitment to:
Do Right. Sincere respect for each other, our customers and communities we serve. Do for others what we expect of ourselves, with a collective desire to improve things and a genuine understanding of what really matters to customers.
Obsess Over the Customer. Fierce dedication to putting our customers at the center of everything we do. Driven to ensure that every interaction is extraordinary, with our sole focus being what’s best for our customers and their financial well-being.
Tirelessly Innovate. Constantly creating and reinventing with the singular purpose of making a real difference for our customers.
Job expectations were not well defined.
Senior Asset Analyst (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 21, 2018
My job function and responsibilities were changed 3 times in the initial 90 days of employment. Job title changed, but new responsibilities were never outlined.
Pros
Co-workers created a enriching environment.
Cons
No clear direction from management.
Fast paced
Buyer / Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Home BasedMay 19, 2018
Never dull always something to do. Unrealistic goals based on the facts that the company’s rates are not competitive/comparable to other banks especially the credit unions in the market. Management constantly sought feedback but rarely acted on feedback nor provide much support. Pay and benefits are excellent however you will be asked to work 6-7 days per week
Great Opportunity to Learn and Grow
HR Director (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 18, 2018
Over my time with Ally, I have had the opportunity to take on 6 different roles and move from an entry-level position to a leadership role, seeing several different parts of the company. The work environment is collaborative, and one where our employees are empowered to drive real change and business results in the organization. The company has somewhat of a start-up mentality/feel while offering the benefits and security of a larger organization. I would highly recommend Ally as an employer.
overall great job
Funding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 17, 2018
this company was a good place to work. The environment wasn't that great but the work was organized and manageable. The hardest part of the job was just learning and keeping up with all the continuous changes that were been made.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ally Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight