AllyAlign Health Employee Reviews

Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 17, 2019
Overall good place to work. Lots of room for advancement and a company that likes to promote from within. Management is very supportive and will not micromanage if you are successful in your role/responsibilities. If you work hard and do your job you will do well here. As with any company, positions and needs can change but this is a company that will help their employees through transition and offer support where they can. Great work/life balance and PTO. Only down side is raises and bonuses can be very delayed in paying out.
Accurate Review
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 8, 2019
These reviews over the nurse lay offs are accurate. Over 30 nurses were laid off in June 2019. AllyAlign lost their vendor contract with another insurance company. I was another one of the nurses affected by the lay off. The way AllyAlign treated us at the end was awful. We were lied to about assistance, our supervisor told us they would provide job fairs and recruiters, they did not. We were also told the vendor wanted to hire us, that did not happen either. Everyone was strung along until the last week, thinking we would get hired at the vendor company, only to be told they were not currently hiring. Our supervisor provided us with no support, no farewell, no offer to write letters of recommendation. She was awful, only cared about herself. She never went out of her way to help any of her staff. She managed to secure herself a job within AllyAlign. I'm not sure how. She has no clinical knowledge and could barely answer questions we asked. She lacked the skills to lead a team. Upper management never bothered to reach out to us at the end to thank us for our hard work either. It's very sad a company would treat dedicated employees like that.
The job overall was easy and flexible, however AllyAlign does not give raises. All the reviews about performance incentives/bonus not being payed are true. If you choose to work here, negotiate to a set salary without bonuses, go high on your salary as you will not get a raise for years, if ever. The medical insurance benefits are some of the worst I have seen. PTO is good but they don't pay it out if you leave and you can only carry
  more... over 40 hours per year. You cannot bank it.  less
Pros
Work from home, flexible schedule
Cons
Poor management, no raises
Another Real Honest Review
RN Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 3, 2019
Real Honest Review is very accurate. I am a former employee there and I agree as well. I was another one of the RNs affected by the layofff. It was a good job and I enjoyed it but the way the 30 dedicated nurses who were laid off have been treated has soured the company's reputation in my eyes. Over 30 registered nurses were laid off in June. We were all led to believe by our supervisor that the insurance company we contracted with wanted to hire us and we would be given first choice in hiring. However, I don't believe a single one of us were hired by that company. Insurace very high compared to other employers in the state. Promised bonuses and raises never happened. We were paid about $5 less/hour than what most other insurance companies in VA pay. When we emailed our supervisor re: raises/bonuses, we were always given excuses and she stated she would get back to us but she never did. I believe she was able to keep a position with the company but did not make that public knowledge to her laid off nurses. We were all RNs with years of clinical experience and expertiese yet we were managed by someone with no nursing/clinical experience at all. The previous manager had no clinical experience either, We were never given nice Christmas gifts by this company. Two years ago we got a tiny box with 4 chocolate truffles and this past Christmas we received not a single thing. No Christmas party for remote nurses but those at corporate office in Glen Allen had a nice party. We were not appreciated or valued by this company. This company is not recommended and I hope other nurses  more... who were laid off will give their reviews as well.  less
Pros
work from home, flexibility
Cons
no company loyalty to employees, inexperienced mgmt
Don't work here
Associate Employer (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 2, 2019
(Every negative comment you've read about AllyAlign Health is TRUE). Management is awful; no boundaries! Company is unorganized, Associates do not get any bonuses or raises - like EVER! No training, overworked, and underpaid. The only way to somewhat get caught up on work is through overtime, and that was cut off. The Holiday party is held at a Pub on a Monday night after you have worked all day, and the Company Anniversary celebration was a bag of chips, can sodas and a veggie tray! The only "thank you" the associates get for their hard work is an AllyAlign T-Shirt.
...Keep Job Hunting.
Pros
Cons
The entire Review
Real Honest Review
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 2, 2019
Over 30 nurses laid off in June 2019 due to reduction in force. No severance was given to us. They would not even pay us out our PTO time e had earned. We were promised job fairs and recruiters which we never received. No exit interviews either. It felt like we were dropped without a care in the world. No goodbye emails, no offers of letters of recommendation, NOTHING. The only thing our supervisor said to us was if we did not send our equipment back, we would be charged with grand larceny. Pretty sad a company would treat employees like that, especially when some of the nurses laid off had been working there for years. I never received a raise, despite all my hard work and perfect reviews. I was always told “the company is not currently giving raises.” Our most recent supervisor was pretty bad. She had no clinical experience or knowledge but somehow was managing RNs. She was never able to answer questions directly and got mad when we would question her. Again, she was not a registered nurse but wanted us to sign documents with our RN credentials that she could not even comprehend. Of course we are going to question things. It’s our license we worked so hard to obtain. She also hardly responded to emails. The pay was low compared to other insurance companies. Quarterly performance incentives which are part of our salary if we stay in compliance were never paid on time. Expenses have been paid laid numerous times even though if you submit them late they will not be approved. Funny how that works. The health insurance benefits are awful, very high premiums and very high deductibles  more... ($10,000 family). PTO was generous and we had the flexibility to work from home and make our own schedule. Our previous supervisor was great and attentive when he was managing us. I am not a disgruntled ex-employee, these are the honest facts. I cannot recommend this company after the way we were treated. It’s very sad a company would do that to people who worked for hard for it for many years. I hope upper management reads these reviews and takes them seriously.  less
Pros
Work form home
Cons
Horrible management, no raises
terrible place to work
Health Care Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 12, 2019
Management was a joke in the claims department. Benefits were terrible and very exspensive. Managers changed like the seasons. There were no raises given over 5 years. There were no processes put in place for training. They never wanted to answer any questions and the claims Manager or Interim Manger was rediculous created her own stories to under mind the examiners. When I left and gave two weeks notice the the head of the claims department got upset and did not let me work my two weeks he stated that since Virginia is an at will state he was exercising his right to tell me he did not need me to honor my 2 weeks. The worst job ever
Cons
no pay raises, no time given for inclement weather you had to use your own time no matter what
Pretty Decent Place to Work
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 10, 2019
No organization is perfect, and this one is no exception. It is a start-up, and you can't expect everything to be perfect. I see an awesome staff, who tries very hard to keep all of our partners happy, and are dedicated to what they do. I see a great management team, who tries very hard to help their employees manage a work/life balance, while keeping everyone productive and accountable. As with all newer companies, the climate changes rapidly, and for the better! I love working here, and I get along with just about everyone. The negative reviews on here seem to be from disgruntled former employees, who may or may have been held accountable for their actions.
This has been the best Company I have ever worked for
are Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 5, 2019
Ally Align has been so great to work for it is breaking my heart to have to leave. The Management has been exceptional. Very Patient, Helpful, caring. They have responded the same day with any concerns/questions I ever had. They always had our backs and was very supportive in all ways. My coworkers have been just as special for the same reasons. I am 63 and this has been the most rewarding Job I have ever had. I sincerely hope the opportunity arises that they will be hiring RN's again because I will be the first one to apply. The daily tasks have been very manageable and the working from home has been a Godsend. The hardest part for me is leaving this job and my Managers, other Office Staff, Members, and Coworkers. I started out from the ground and was new to this position but my Supervisor and other Office staff were so helpful and patient with my learning process. They were always available. If you ever get the opportunity to work for Ally Align please do.
Pros
The ability to get your own routine set up
Cons
None I can think of
Poor Management
PROVIDER NETWORK OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 21, 2019
Overall this could be a great place to work if they had better management. This company is very unorganized! The employee moral is very low and they don't like showing their employees appreciation for their hard work. Working under poor management made my everyday life very stressful. They terminated me while I was out healing from a vehicle accidnet I was in and then don't want to pay me unemployment. I don't suggest working for AllyAlign.
Great place to work!
Clinical Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 7, 2019
Great place to work with the opportunity to work remotely. They provide you with all the tools to be successful. Management is always willing to help as needed. The perfect job for someone with a positive
attitude and a go-getter.
Pros
Work Remotely
Too Relaxed and Lack of Clinical Management
nurse (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 7, 2019
Over 30 nurses recently informed they will be laid off effective 6/30/19.
The managers for the nurses are very nice but have zero clinical experience and are not nurses. Lack of training. Salary way below average compared to other insurance companies. Supervisors emphasize not working past 5:00 p.m. but care coordinators who are behind get frequent calls/emails. No overtime pay.. Promised raises and bonuses never happen. Insurance is very high--high monthly cost out of your pay check with a very high deductible. Company not recommended. Look around. You can find a more stable job with better pay and benefits elsewhere.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Too Relaxed, Unorganized, Layoffs
Great Growing Company To be a Part of!
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 5, 2019
Current employee almost 2 years who saw the ratings for AAH and immediately had to post. I LOVE my job. I even tell my boss that weekly. In being a startup that's rapidly growing, my peers and I get to do our contribute our ideas and they are truly adopted into practice. Job searchers beware of the idle/angry posts. Be willing to contribute your efforts and stay positive, that will get you far at AAH and basically anywhere in the workforce.
Pros
Flexibility, open-minded, great PTO, family first- especially during inclement weather!
Cons
Everywhere has cons. None seem remarkably notable at this time
Overworked and underpaid.. NO commissions
Medicare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAApril 4, 2019
They give a great sales pitch and seem like a great new company. They are very disorganized, they do not know their territory, demographic, and have no process or foundation yet they want you to filter through all the obstacles and still make sales. You will not get paid for your hard work. They do not fight for their employees and will let great agents go. Your licensure is in constant jeopardy, do not work here unless you are absolutely desperate.
Pros
They act like they care
Cons
Chaos, bad reputation, toxic culture, non responsive, unknowledgeable
Very relaxed job, but management is poor.
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAApril 2, 2019
Call Center Management is the WORST. The job is a lover, but management does not know how to treat, talk, or deal with people. Micromanaged everything
Pros
Bi-Weekly Pay. Overtime. Work from Home in bad weather days. Learning Everyday.
Cons
Management, Management, Call Center MANAGER.
No advancement unless you are a friend of the manager
Provider Relation Speciaist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 20, 2018
Toxic, biased minded manager who only advances his unqualified "friend" he has a relationship with. Worst training ever. Terrible call center experience.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Favortism
Relaxed and unorganized
Admin (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 18, 2018
Going in it seemed like a great place to work overall. However, I found that to be far from the truth. Management does not work nearly as hard as their employees, they allow employees to be harassed by other employees because of personal relationships and because they want to get work done. (There is very little training) HR is a joke! Real issues get escalated and ignored. Management brings personal issues to the work environment and very unprofessional overall. Outside of that, pay is decent (but no raises in 5 years according to employees that have been there since the beginning ) . Time off is fair and a very good work/life balance.
Workplace Culture
Provider Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 10, 2018
The company does not have procedures in place for training new hires or incentives for current employees. If an employee shows exceptional ability, the company tends to overload them.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor structure
Working remotely was exceptional although there was some traveling involved it wasn't bad.
Clinical Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 22, 2018
I received no verbal or written warnings that my performance was below standards. I was employed 5 months and had a total of 3 managers.I was notified via phone that I no longer "fit" the position.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Too many employees leave without explanation
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 30, 2017
This is a new company with awesome benefits. The management is great from CEO, VPs, and Directors. They listen to new ideas and value employee concerns or opinions. Work life balance is great. They work with their employees and understand that life happens. There is potential for advancement as with any growing company. Coworkers are great and always eager to help one another. Most positions are work from home. The whole team is great. You are treated as a professional and not micromanaged through every part of your day. I’ve been doing this type of work for years and this is by far the best job I’ve ever had and actually feel like my work and opinions are valued.
Pros
Pto, Insurance, work-life balance valued, good management
Great co-workers
Member Advocate (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 9, 2017
Learned a lot about Medicare Advantage Plans, sales, and customer service. Not the best management, management style is very lax and absent. Will the CEO has an impressive vision for AAH.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AllyAlign Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7