Almost Family Employee Reviews

If you want to die, work here
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 16, 2018
This company was bought and sold twice in two years. That means learning two different sets of standards and policies. More often then not, this company offers little guidance and assistance when you’re unsure of something. The software to update and maintain files is so out of date and not user friendly. This company does very little when it comes to screening applicants. They will allow you to hire any body.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
No raises, poor communication, lack of leadership and lack of trust
The company was sold in April of 2018.
Risk Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 10, 2018
Our company was bought by the LHC Group out of Lafayette, LA in April of 2018. Up until that sale, I was extremely satisfied with all aspects of my job. I had a very supportive and knowledgeable director. I worked a lot of hours, but the ability to work some of the time from home or other remote location, made up for the other demands.
Once the company was sold, many of the Almost Family staff's positions were eliminated, including my entire department and director. I was kept on to handle all of the workers comp claims for 27 states and close to 15,000 employees.
Pros
Job security and the ability to combine local office reporting with remote work capabilities.
Cons
Once the company was sold, our entire department was desolved, I was kept on, I was given all WC claims for 27 states, working during all time zones 12 to 15 hours a day.
I started there at $8.00per hour as sn STNA and left making $8.50. They never spoke to me about anything that would advance me.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 9, 2018
I stuck it out as long as I could for the sake of the clients. I traveled everyday. Some places I went were so deplorable. I kept telling my office manager this all the time. It wasn't until I had a panic attack thst they took an interest.
Changed management often
HHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 8, 2018
No incentives enjoyed working with my clients no benefits never got to know any of the other employees staff turnover high office help was not knowledgeable
it's a good job if like spending time on a tablet charting
Home health nurse/ clinician (Current Employee) –  Madison, TNOctober 5, 2018
The ability to spend time with patients is great the ability to spend time with your own family.... not so great. OASIS takes up a lot of time.

A lot of promises were made and not kept.
Pros
work at your own pace to a certain extent
Cons
work life vs family life
Nurse
Nurse (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNSeptember 18, 2018
Good pay. Flexible schedule. Poor communication between office and field staff. Good management. Difficult computer system with many errors causing disruption of paperwork.
Pros
Good pay. Flexible schedule
Cons
Co worker hostility
Almost Family is a good place to work with great people to work with, a lot of changes in the near future.
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wright, KYSeptember 17, 2018
I work with a great group of people in the office. My current boss is very understanding and helpful if there is anything that I needed explained to me such as how Medicaid works and things of that nature.
benefits
Cons
merger
Positive Review
Office (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoy my job and what this company stands for. Not only do they offer amazing patient care but they offer career advancement to employees. With the recent merger, I see a lot of positive changes occurring and look forward to the future here.
Pros
Patient Care
Cons
Communication could be better
Multiple Administrators in 4 years of employment
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 11, 2018
In four years of employment I had two administrators and three different companies who owned us. Almost Family was the second company and within a year of being Almost Family we were bought out again. Almost Family had good training and a positive mission / goals for our branch and the company as a whole.
Cons
high turnover of administrators and staff in general
nice place to work
Accounts Recievable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 7, 2018
I would send claims, via zirmed. I would balance
Pull aging reports and balance accounts. Contact insurances about payments / rate of reimbursements
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
Point system, no raises given
Work Place
Agency Director (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 28, 2018
Great company working through all the new regulatory changes. Newly purchased by LHC Group out of Louisiana. In need of updates with software but dedicated to providing quality care in the homes.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Change is a challenge
small office suite, everyone knew eachother always smiling.
PCA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTAugust 23, 2018
i loved the experience i had meeting new families and helping them ever since they went corporate it isnt the same but if given the chance i would go back
Pros
christmas presents
Cons
low on staff
Slow-paced job
Bridgeport - Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 21, 2018
I like that the job is relaxed and slow paced but it does not make up for the fact that the pay rate is very low and most clients assigned are not permanent which brings a higher risk of not having worked for days/weeks.
Pros
a lot of free time depending on the clients needs
Cons
not good pay, not secure
Great place to work.
Home Care Representative/Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2018
Great team. Great clinicians.
Lots of competition in Jax with other HHC agencies. Apex always offers great programs and clinicians for patients. Enjoy the people I work with on a daily basis.
Na
RN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLAugust 16, 2018
Daily travel from home or office to patient's home, travel compensation changed according to gas/oil prices. Enjoyed the comradery with other field staff. Weekly staff meetings were quite helpful.
Pros
Enjoyed working with other Field staff
Cons
Office staff was not helpful, Would leave messages for certain people and they would not get the message, Communication was poor, They did not honor promises on times, dates and amount of time available to work which were promised on hire.
poor management, question morals/values/ethics
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNAugust 16, 2018
Had a challenge with management and went to supervisor numerous times and multiple issues with a reported understanding and that my issues were valid, yet ultimately led to my dismissal.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
management
Clinical Field Staff Supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 13, 2018
Almost Family has merged with LHC. This company micro manages its employees. There is always another report they want you to learn about and run as if you really have time to even run a report. The work flow alone is overwhelming never mind the never ending phone calls, emails, and over all responsibilities of the position.
Cons
Benefits are expensive
Home care
Employee (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 13, 2018
Home care provider in the Greater Cincinnati area. National, large company. Provides benefits for full time employees. Office is centrally located.
Disorganized and unstable leadership
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Adel, GAAugust 13, 2018
Local office management was difficult to work with due to wrong people in job. Upper management changed often and communication was lacking. Enjoyed the actual work as long as I could stay away from the management drama.
STNA/Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHAugust 11, 2018
I luv what I do l like helping others people are friendly there’s team work we respect each other there’s barely any waiting they assist you in a timely matter

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Almost Family. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

1.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight