Almost Family Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Clinical Field Staff Supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 13, 2018
Almost Family has merged with LHC. This company micro manages its employees. There is always another report they want you to learn about and run as if you really have time to even run a report. The work flow alone is overwhelming never mind the never ending phone calls, emails, and over all responsibilities of the position.
Cons
Benefits are expensive
Home care
Employee (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 13, 2018
Home care provider in the Greater Cincinnati area. National, large company. Provides benefits for full time employees. Office is centrally located.
Disorganized and unstable leadership
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Adel, GAAugust 13, 2018
Local office management was difficult to work with due to wrong people in job. Upper management changed often and communication was lacking. Enjoyed the actual work as long as I could stay away from the management drama.
STNA/Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHAugust 11, 2018
I luv what I do l like helping others people are friendly there’s team work we respect each other there’s barely any waiting they assist you in a timely matter
Horrible
AUTHORIZATION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNAugust 7, 2018
All about numbers and not really focused on the employees or delivering good patient care. Would not recommend this to to anyone now that it has been merged with LHC Group.
Excitement in the beginning then nothing delivered on
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2018
Received numerous calls, emails in the beginning to get me excited about joining a well established team but after all said and done nothing was delivered on. But now that I’m selling the pressure is there plus some. Don’t get me wrong it definitely has its perks but the cons outway the perks
I enjoyed the job.
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OH 43701August 5, 2018
I loved the employee's and staff. I would have continued to work there if we hadn't decided to move out of state. I looked when we moved to Az. to see if the company was here as well.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
I didn't have any.
Not a great place to work
Patient Care Mgr./Assistant Branch Director (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, TNAugust 3, 2018
No training. Work through lunch most days with no compensation. President is not concerned with patient outcomes, only gross margins. Hired a new director to work in our office And she is not a team player.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No training. Work through lunch most days. President is not concerned with patient outcomes, only gross margins
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 26, 2018
Almost family had a wonderful Administrator and Staff in the Port St. Lucie office. We were a very busy office, but as a team we always managed to get the Patients staffed.
Good work atmosphere and friendly co-workers
Senior Treasury Accountant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 26, 2018
The work flow was steady and month end closing involved added efforts to meet schedules, but overall was normal for a private sector/corporate type employment.
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons
Health insurance was expensive
ever changing
Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 26, 2018
AFAM purchased our company and so the transition was not easy. Communication a big issue. No consistency with training of staff and expectations are all over the place
Pros
autonomy
Cons
limited chances for advancement
Productive and organized workplace with wonderful fun loving people
PCA Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Smithville, TNJuly 22, 2018
A typical day at work included: cleaning clients house, walking with the client to ensure they did not fall. I would was dishes, do laundry, bath them, assist in taking there vitals, assisted with doing errands, escorted them to the Dr.. I would report any unusual behavior or observation. The Office staff would work with me to figure out the best solution to any obstacle. The most enjoyable part of my job as a PCA is being reassured that the client is happy with what I can do for them. I LOVE knowing they enjoy my company and knowing I am helping in there every day living.
Questionable
Mederi Caretenders Home Health & Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Godfrey, ILJuly 17, 2018
The office I worked in was great but the bosses that come in from other locations were horrible. They wanted things that were not necessary for our clientele.
Hard to advance
Registered Nurse/Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 17, 2018
This is a company that had a high case load with a very low chance of advancement within the company. The employees were wonderful to work with. I just wanted to advance my career and was not able to do that.
Skilled Nurse Visits/Scheduling
Scheduling Coordinator/LPN (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJuly 9, 2018
Typical day consisted of scheduling for Nursing, PT/OT, MSW. Receiving updated orders, reports, and assisting field staff. Occasional would assist with skilled nurse visits if needed.
Pros
Good job
Cons
some times stressful
Satisfactory place to work
Field R.N. (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 28, 2018
Changes in healthcare and reimbursement made for a changing environment in home health care. Medicare dictated many changes that made it difficult to practice my disicipline.
Depends on the group you are working with
RN Case Manager Home Care (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTJune 20, 2018
Have worked with some great supportive people and some who would just as soon stab you in the back at the first chance. Don't ever believe that patient's are always put first when decisions are being made in medicine. The medical staff wants that, but unfortunately, bureaucracy has changed the way things are done.
A really good work./life balance
RN (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 18, 2018
A really good work/ life balance, with room for advancement if desired. Flexible scheduling for family needs when needed. Supportive management staff.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Must be organized as in and our of office on daily basis
Best Hospice in Middle Tennessee
RN Case Manager Hospice (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 17, 2018
The entire staff put the patients first, no matter what. We work a lot, but in what specialty of nursing do we not work a ton of hours? Time off is granted without hassle. They allow you to switch patient schedules up as needed to accommodate any need the employee may have as long as it doesn't interfere with patient care. Pay is a little low compared to the "ladies in pink" company. But the culture and philosophy make up for that tenfold.
Pros
awesome team enviornment, genuine caring staff
Cons
mediocre pay
Enjoyed working With Them
Home Health LPN (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJune 10, 2018
Loved working with them Fasted growing company with great area to Grow Home Health nursing traveled every day to see wonderful patients Management is all ways working with you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Almost Family. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight