Almost Family Employee Reviews

HHA (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 24, 2018
The only good thing that came out of this job is my certification, the pay is horrible and they have you driving to as many clients(I had 9 at one point) you can fit in a day. There not close to each other so your driving all over town and back several times through out the day. Plus you have times to be at each clients house and they over lap so your late everytime getting there! Not worth it....
Pros
Your clients become close to you, like family.
Cons
horrible pay, driving every where, horrible supervisor.
Horrible place to work
RN Infusion Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 20, 2018
Management doesn't support employee or listen to employee needs. I worked seven days a week which wasn't part of my contract. On call meant working a full weekend because the company scheduled visits. The office staff was rude and didn't know what was going on most of the time. I will never work for Almost Family again in any state.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management does not support employees
busy
Home Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMay 20, 2018
I took job expecting to obtain my RN it was then a new DON came in and sent me to Leeds and Amherst along with Springfield , I enjoyed the job till I was sent clear to Leeds and Amherst and then Springfield , Sometimes I was even sent to Southwick and other far away places. I know that it hard times we have to do as told but some days I was not home till 6p and started at 7a and still had to call clients at night. Only hear from client " I was told the nurse would be here a different day." This became very alarming.
Pros
pay excellent
Cons
schedule
Poor pay
Work as RN staff nurse in Home Health setting (Current Employee) –  AlabamaMay 17, 2018
Poor pay for the amount of hours you work. Staff is somewhat helpful and management does hear you but nothing changes as far as compensation. I came from another state and another company that paid considerably more mone, despite no real cost of living difference.
Pros
Management nice and tried to offer solutions
Cons
Pay
almost family
Home health aide (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMay 15, 2018
Day to Day is to make sure my clients are safe an if needed of any assistance I'm there to help out... hard part don't get any benefits or vacation.. what I like about the job get to help client's remain in the home get to interact with them on a personal level...
There wasn's many cases so I wasn't able to make a decent paycheck
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 15, 2018
I feel that it was the same as other home health jobs lots of traveling and low pay which was an issue for me as well as the safety of going to dangerous neighborhoods.
Poor Experience
Clinical Manager (CLM) (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 10, 2018
I did not enjoy working for this company. While I do agree they are strong advocates of seniors, they do not advocate for or care about their employees.
I work at Almost Family only for certain clients
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 9, 2018
Almost Family need more care for there employees. Because they don't act like if we are even there. And the sectary shouldn't schedule client, because she has never done that kind of work.
Pros
I enjoy helping people that can't help them self.
Cons
I get to pick my own clients
Not Management friendly
RN Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAMay 9, 2018
Issues noted in my short 6 months:
1. allowing certain staff to behave non-professionally
2. not allowing the office director to make any decisions without final approval of higher management
3. keeping staff that were not following the rules of home care
4. billing practices
5. no acknowledgement of hard work completed
6. make number quotas
benefits
Cons
management
good place to work
HOME HEALTH NURSE (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILApril 23, 2018
needs more available full time positions, staff is very kind to its employees. there are a lot of changes happening with charting and medicare guidelines so there is a lot of gray areas in charting.
Pros
great staff
Cons
not enough notice about patients and little report
Stressful work atmosphere
RN visiting nurse (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLApril 13, 2018
I would never recommend working at this location.Management could care less about their staff,overworked on the weekends on call,heavy on call volume and low nurse census Some people in office very nasty.No appreciation for employees
Pros
Cons
uncaring mamngement, treated poorly
good hours
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Clanton, ALApril 3, 2018
The job is perfect for someone wanting to create your own hours. However the payoff is the load of paper work you are required to do daily. The office personnel are very helpful. This is a slow paced, relaxed work environment.
Pros
good hours
Cons
a lot of paperwork
Managment both corporate and local
CASE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHApril 2, 2018
Management and the way they treat their employees and the clients is not ok. I went over and above as a manger and spent from my own pocket to make field employee feel valued. Something the pay amount and employee quality shows that corporate did not do or have as an importance.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 26, 2018
Avoid this company for employment and for patient needs. Management changed 2017. Much turnover since. Poor quality care with money being more important than the patients.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Unrealistic workloads
Not enough support
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 26, 2018
Lowest pay in the industry
Lowest mileage reimbursement $.41 per mile
Not enough financial backing or resources for sales and marketing activities.
Pros
Cons
No career path or focus
Productive fun fast paced work environment
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAMarch 13, 2018
Team work team work team work...... if you are a team player than you will love this company. Supportive office staff for field RN. The leadership listens to what is being said and values our input.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Some on call work. But that happens with all homecare compan
n/a
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMarch 12, 2018
A typical work day was dealing with my clients and patients which i loved to help my ederly patients with there ADLS of daily living and light house work around.
Wonderfully diverse workplace
REGISTERED NURSE CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILMarch 7, 2018
I enjoyed the workplace very much, good people, diverse patient load with a wide variety of care needs that utilized most of my skills and challenged me at times. The equipment given to use for charting and assessment was subpar, and 4/5 day each week I would work off the clock at my home to try and keep up with the amount of documentation that was required. I ended up feeling as if I was working for free.
Cons
Forced to take a lunch period but never really having the time.
Great relaxing job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 5, 2018
Great job Great expierience .. the environment is great the people are great . It made me into a better worker also it can help with experience to people who are new
Not a good place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 3, 2018
I wouldn't recommend no one to work here they don't pay enough couldn't pay my bills. They don't have no hours.they don't appreciate your work and the employees is very disrespectful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Almost Family. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

1.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight