Almost Family Employee Reviews

competitive
CURRENT(PRN) (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 11, 2018
poor communication throughout the week work flow. not consistent hrs and difficulty to get day off. management was great and very sweet. happy to work with them
Pros
driving
Cons
long distances
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte FLDecember 10, 2018
This is a very dificult companty to work for. They are tailored to Kentucky work regulations and not supported by Florida HR rules. Satff is expected to work many overtime hours with no compensation due to being salaried
Pros
Nothing to report
Cons
Poor employee Health benefits
great place to work
Clinical Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLDecember 10, 2018
My years employed there was great until some new DON came in and made it unbearable then she left a few months later after running off some really good field staff.
Slow-paced
Home companion & Homemaker- Homemaker duties (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 4, 2018
If you're looking for just a part-time it works. The pay is minimum and there aren't much benefits for part-time.
They don't pay for mileage. Patients could be nice ir very demanding and as you to do more then required.
Productive and collaborative workplace
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 30, 2018
Flexible, enjoy working with elderly, love my coworkers.
I visit patients in their homes and assist with community resources such meals, transportation, and in home care. The hardest part of the job is when there are lack of resources.
Poor work environment
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 27, 2018
I can't recommend anyone seek employment at Almost Family. The company is not interested in happy employees and practices the churn-and-burn style of management that pushes everyone to failure then replaces them. I refused to be pushed to failure and left this unhealthy work environment.
Usualy work alone with the client and yourself
CHHA (Former Employee) –  Orange County, NYNovember 26, 2018
It's a great place to work friendly staff .communication is BIG in this field even though you will be alone .there is always someone to call.the pay isn't that good but helping someone is what matters most.
Pros
Companionship, flexiable hours you pick your own hours
Cons
Pay
We have snack out on table during holidays and every few years you get a gift for being a member of the family
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 13, 2018
There is no time pay for vacation. You get no benefit if you are a part time employee, still working full time hours. Their will be snacks in the office on holidays. The company needs to recognize the employee more by giving state wide parties. A one day event of fun. You should be able can to get time paid off if you are working full time hours. You should be considered an full time client
Pros
Short breaks, nurse care
Cons
Nurses not on time.. clients not being compliment, and no follow up care to reports
Behind the times
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 4, 2018
No HRIS system, heavily male oriented in management when I was there - no flexibility, poor benefits, no room for advancement, not a good culture, no work-life balance
culture change when we went to computers, doors closed to offices and no one talked to each other.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Vero beachOctober 29, 2018
Company just bought out by LHC, do not know, stayed out of ther office as much as possible, collected orders to be signed. company office luncheons, spoke to nursing staff on what marketing events were happening
fun work place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHOctober 25, 2018
i would help make sure my grandmother takes her medication i would check her levels and take her to all her doctors appointments along with helping her do her day to day activities
Pros
work from home
Cons
part time position
work environment
ADMINISTRATIVE GENERALIST (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXOctober 19, 2018
i felt part of a family close net office environment but i also had a lot of job responsibilities that i felt that i was never appreciated what i did for the office at times.
No longer in Business
Talent Acquisition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 19, 2018
Almost to my knowledge was acquired by another business and laid off a lot of employees. I was not employed very long I do not have anything positive and or negative to submit.
great for opportunity
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 17, 2018
good place to work, schedule flexibility, management good, case load good, lots of driving, car maintenance is a down fall, no expenses paid, meeting new people and building family type friendships
Pros
lots of work
Cons
lots of car maintenance bills
If you want to die, work here
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 16, 2018
This company was bought and sold twice in two years. That means learning two different sets of standards and policies. More often then not, this company offers little guidance and assistance when you’re unsure of something. The software to update and maintain files is so out of date and not user friendly. This company does very little when it comes to screening applicants. They will allow you to hire any body.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
No raises, poor communication, lack of leadership and lack of trust
The company was sold in April of 2018.
Risk Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 10, 2018
Our company was bought by the LHC Group out of Lafayette, LA in April of 2018. Up until that sale, I was extremely satisfied with all aspects of my job. I had a very supportive and knowledgeable director. I worked a lot of hours, but the ability to work some of the time from home or other remote location, made up for the other demands.
Once the company was sold, many of the Almost Family staff's positions were eliminated, including my entire department and director. I was kept on to handle all of the workers comp claims for 27 states and close to 15,000 employees.
Pros
Job security and the ability to combine local office reporting with remote work capabilities.
Cons
Once the company was sold, our entire department was desolved, I was kept on, I was given all WC claims for 27 states, working during all time zones 12 to 15 hours a day.
I started there at $8.00per hour as sn STNA and left making $8.50. They never spoke to me about anything that would advance me.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 9, 2018
I stuck it out as long as I could for the sake of the clients. I traveled everyday. Some places I went were so deplorable. I kept telling my office manager this all the time. It wasn't until I had a panic attack thst they took an interest.
Changed management often
HHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 8, 2018
No incentives enjoyed working with my clients no benefits never got to know any of the other employees staff turnover high office help was not knowledgeable
it's a good job if like spending time on a tablet charting
Home health nurse/ clinician (Current Employee) –  Madison, TNOctober 5, 2018
The ability to spend time with patients is great the ability to spend time with your own family.... not so great. OASIS takes up a lot of time.

A lot of promises were made and not kept.
Pros
work at your own pace to a certain extent
Cons
work life vs family life
Nurse
Nurse (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNSeptember 18, 2018
Good pay. Flexible schedule. Poor communication between office and field staff. Good management. Difficult computer system with many errors causing disruption of paperwork.
Pros
Good pay. Flexible schedule
Cons
Co worker hostility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Almost Family. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Almost Family.

Powered by Comparably