Aloha Construction Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Been here 3 years, unfortunately have to leave
Lead Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJuly 1, 2018
Enjoyed my role with Aloha Construction as I was given space and freedom to lead in a manner I see fit, and a high percentage of all of our projects were successful due to that. very appreciative to the management for all the benefits and the pay. The crews here are well organized and mature about their work. Thank you for reading this
Pros
office location, office work environment and ethic, management awareness
Had a decent temporary experience last season
Crewman (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJune 5, 2018
I completed my 6 months temporary with Aloha Construction in 2017 and everything about it was decent and an OK experience overall. There's no fuss or huss here, if you're ready to bide your word and work hard then you're going to be just fine. You won't have any issues and you will be both respected and paid for your work. That's about it. Need to relocate hence this was a temporary position for me.
Pros
work hard and get paid well, no hassle, management experienced
Cons
nothing comes to mind at this time
So far so good
Sales Manager/General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILMay 31, 2018
Don't want to go into too much detail because I want to stay anonymous, but what I can tell you is that you should certainly try and pursue a career with Aloha Construction if you can, or at least a career jump-start, so to speak. I've been a manager in LZ for almost two years now have not run into a slightest issue, not with those above, nor with those below me. This company is well organized and neatly-packed and run. Pay is good, bonuses are better, and all the other benefits are just the cherry on top. If you look into AC at all online you'll see it's a reputable company, especially considering their latest philantrophy efforts! Yes! Giving back to community!
Pros
work-life balance, hours, pay, benefits, bonuses
Cons
the parking lot, could be better organized and neatly packed
Had an OK part-time experience with Aloha Construction
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILMay 22, 2018
Four stars because I sometimes felt rushed a bit more than expected and this meant stress for me which really don't handle well at all. Other people in the crews didn't seem to mind this or even bat an eye, so I guess this is my personal issue only. Now that that's out of the day, there are much more "pros" with this company than there are "cons".

For example I never felt threatened with my job or exploited in any way shape or form. Even though I was merely there for a part time contract and no one in the company basically had ANY reason to show me respect or help me out personally but they still did.

That's what I like most about working at Aloha Construction. The crew member (even the one on a part time deal) is well respected and talked with same as the managers. And the managers don't discriminate. You're not shredded of to the side for any of the standard company benefits just because you're there for a short amount of time. I'm focusing on this because I've been "the part-time guy" in a lot of companies (I move a lot) and this was the only experience where I was met with the respect I deserve as a human being and honest, hard-working guy!
Pros
no discrimination, good monthly pay, managers easy to talk/work with and strike a deal
Cons
I get overwhelmed when I'm rushed, and I was rushed a bit
Much, much better than expected
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILMay 16, 2018
I moved to Lake Zurich recently, long-story short, I got an opportunity to work at Aloha Construction, and a lot of my friends who don't live in the area told me to "stay clear" of a construction company and just hope for something better to come along. However my uncle who I'm living with right now told me to give it a shot, that he's heard good things about the company and their crew etc. So I did that, I gave them a shot, and I'm still living that shot now almost two years later. I've got a full-time job at Aloha Construction and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm well respected, the management and the CEO are capable and knowledgeable people who know what they're doing. I'm fully satisfied with my time off, salary and other benefits. If you get a chance to work here, please do, give it a shot, just like I did. I'm in the office but as far as I can tell (I've been here two years) most of our crew is more than satisfied with their positions and situation!
Pros
the management is supportive, the CEO is capable, job security, other benefits
Cons
I really can't think of any
Been here for three years, definitely plan on staying!
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILMay 8, 2018
Working at Aloha Construction has been very satisfying for me for all these years simply because you get to be see and hear all the satisfied customers on the phone all the time! I've also had a good time because of the salary and all the other benefits we receive on a regular basis! Upper management is also worth mentioning because no one has a problem admitting a mistake here, we're all just honest about our mistakes and the management doesn't cuss or yell or get angry with anybody, they try to help you out and do what's best for the company overall.
Pros
working office environment, salary, other benefits
Cons
parking lot could be nicer
Few months went by really fast with a job here
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILMay 3, 2018
I was contracted by Aloha Construction to help out their crew during their busy season and I had a really good time working there. I know now it's a great place to work at because they days at work go by so fast and there's no frustration or much stress. If you know what you're doing you're just doing your job and getting paid on a regular basis and at a pretty good rate! My best regards to the crew in LZ and the manager there!
Pros
good working hours, good crew and leadership
Cons
parking and I wish I was contracted for more time
Couldn't have asked for any better
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILApril 21, 2018
Account Executive/Claims Specialist for over a year in Aloha Construction's office in Lake Zurich, IL. My working experience in this office has been above my expectations so far - which I really didn't hope for! I was surprised with the level of organization, professionalism, and especially team work in this company. The management and the crews work flawlessly together, and quality is always on top. If you get the chance, I sincerely suggest taking a job at Aloha Construction!
Pros
insurance, 401k, vacation days, upper management
Cons
long commute and traffic
Efficient management in a well-run company, good business
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILApril 8, 2018
Aloha Construction is led by people with experience and with a vision. I've been a construction worker the past 15 years and this is literally the only company I actually regret having to leave. I'm leaving because we're adopting again and we're fortunate enough that me and my wife don't both have to work full time to stay viable financially. Working for Aloha Construction has been a wonderful experience as a crewman, and the management is supportive, understanding and reasonable. The pay is excellent and you're respected for your time and work and effort you put into the company. The company is also doing great right now and there's a lot of work for anyone who's looking to mind their business and get the job done and enjoy the benefits. Best regards to my crew and the upper management!
Pros
management, the crew, overall job, locations
Cons
sometimes a bit stressful
Great gig for my part-time experience
Part-time Crewman (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILMarch 17, 2018
Cousin let me know Aloha needed an extra hand during the last season and I jumped in knowing I had about six months before I take off and move up north with my family and new job. For my time spent with the company, I have nothing but the best to say and share about the company's management and crew. They're very forth-coming and patient with new construction workers such as myself. I had little to no experience in the industry and they showed me the ropes and went overboard to make me feel accepted and part of the crew. I was reluctant at first but now I'm very grateful for having the experience of working in a new area and with such a professional company. That's pretty much it from me, if you get a chance to work at Aloha, even part time, I'd suggest you go in and have a nice time!
Pros
Breaks, work pace, professionalism, great crew, patient management
Cons
My only con is not being able to work here longer, seriously
Just a great place to work at overall
Crewman (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILMarch 2, 2018
I worked at Aloha Construction for just over a year, and sadly had to consider other options because I needed to move out of the Lake Zurich area because of private matters. But while I was with AC, I had a great time working with crew and didn't have and issues with the management. From what I could see in my time with the company, AC provides a stable, safe (and even fun at times) environment to work at and feel like you belong. I'm an introvert kind-of-person so the "belong" part really matters to me. The management is clear-cut, straightforward and honest. Same goes for the crew I worked with. We had plenty of work and sometimes you'd get pretty tired but that's only natural in this type of job. I'm also grateful for all the new things and skills I learned from the crew I worked with, really a good learning experience for me.
Pros
Communicative management, straight forward, honest, good crews
Cons
I'm not really cut-out for physical work, but that's just me
Pretty good opportunity
Construction Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Enjoyed working here, it was a good job for learning and developing some construction skills. Lake Zurich wasn't really where I wanted to be long term, but I really enjoyed working here when I lived there. The owner, Dave Farbaky keeps the company really involved with the community which I think is cool.
Each job was ok just wanted to explore something else
Cement finisher (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 11, 2017
I just know theres something better for me in the work force.. CVS the was a little rough and on a point system. working for zummiez was nice but had to leave for cvs because of the pay.
Pros
free lunch doing construction and great people I have met at other jobs.
Cons
Hours and i was away from my son just needed a closer job
Never recieved all of my pay
Experienced dump truck driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 26, 2017
I did not enjoy my experience with this company. I worked hard and was an honest employee but did not receive a lot of my pay. But I did get some experience.
Pros
experience
Cons
did not get payed
variety of work
Carpenter / construction (Former Employee) –  waynesboro ga and other locationsOctober 1, 2014
Good experience and good work environment.
diversity of tasks and learning abilities
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
commute
the worse company in canada
Oil Hauler (Former Employee) –  Dewberry, ABSeptember 13, 2013
they are out of business. they has several problems whit labour board I mean too many complains from his employees.
Poor upermanagment
Lead Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WAApril 24, 2012
Company was not ran in a professional manner... Very little work. Employees were belittled and micromanaged.
Pros
very few
Cons
poor managment.