Aloha Construction Job Security & Advancement reviews

Ratings breakdown
Had a decent temporary experience last season
Crewman (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJune 5, 2018
I completed my 6 months temporary with Aloha Construction in 2017 and everything about it was decent and an OK experience overall. There's no fuss or huss here, if you're ready to bide your word and work hard then you're going to be just fine. You won't have any issues and you will be both respected and paid for your work. That's about it. Need to relocate hence this was a temporary position for me.
Pros
work hard and get paid well, no hassle, management experienced
Cons
nothing comes to mind at this time
So far so good
Sales Manager/General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILMay 31, 2018
Don't want to go into too much detail because I want to stay anonymous, but what I can tell you is that you should certainly try and pursue a career with Aloha Construction if you can, or at least a career jump-start, so to speak. I've been a manager in LZ for almost two years now have not run into a slightest issue, not with those above, nor with those below me. This company is well organized and neatly-packed and run. Pay is good, bonuses are better, and all the other benefits are just the cherry on top. If you look into AC at all online you'll see it's a reputable company, especially considering their latest philantrophy efforts! Yes! Giving back to community!
Pros
work-life balance, hours, pay, benefits, bonuses
Cons
the parking lot, could be better organized and neatly packed
Great gig for my part-time experience
Part-time Crewman (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILMarch 17, 2018
Cousin let me know Aloha needed an extra hand during the last season and I jumped in knowing I had about six months before I take off and move up north with my family and new job. For my time spent with the company, I have nothing but the best to say and share about the company's management and crew. They're very forth-coming and patient with new construction workers such as myself. I had little to no experience in the industry and they showed me the ropes and went overboard to make me feel accepted and part of the crew. I was reluctant at first but now I'm very grateful for having the experience of working in a new area and with such a professional company. That's pretty much it from me, if you get a chance to work at Aloha, even part time, I'd suggest you go in and have a nice time!
Pros
Breaks, work pace, professionalism, great crew, patient management
Cons
My only con is not being able to work here longer, seriously
Pretty good opportunity
Construction Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Enjoyed working here, it was a good job for learning and developing some construction skills. Lake Zurich wasn't really where I wanted to be long term, but I really enjoyed working here when I lived there. The owner, Dave Farbaky keeps the company really involved with the community which I think is cool.
Each job was ok just wanted to explore something else
Cement finisher (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 11, 2017
I just know theres something better for me in the work force.. CVS the was a little rough and on a point system. working for zummiez was nice but had to leave for cvs because of the pay.
Pros
free lunch doing construction and great people I have met at other jobs.
Cons
Hours and i was away from my son just needed a closer job
variety of work
Carpenter / construction (Former Employee) –  waynesboro ga and other locationsOctober 1, 2014
Good experience and good work environment.
diversity of tasks and learning abilities
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
commute

Want to know more about Aloha Construction?

Ask a question