Aloha Construction Work-Life Balance reviews

Had a decent temporary experience last season
Crewman (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJune 5, 2018
I completed my 6 months temporary with Aloha Construction in 2017 and everything about it was decent and an OK experience overall. There's no fuss or huss here, if you're ready to bide your word and work hard then you're going to be just fine. You won't have any issues and you will be both respected and paid for your work. That's about it. Need to relocate hence this was a temporary position for me.
Pros
work hard and get paid well, no hassle, management experienced
Cons
nothing comes to mind at this time
So far so good
Sales Manager/General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILMay 31, 2018
Don't want to go into too much detail because I want to stay anonymous, but what I can tell you is that you should certainly try and pursue a career with Aloha Construction if you can, or at least a career jump-start, so to speak. I've been a manager in LZ for almost two years now have not run into a slightest issue, not with those above, nor with those below me. This company is well organized and neatly-packed and run. Pay is good, bonuses are better, and all the other benefits are just the cherry on top. If you look into AC at all online you'll see it's a reputable company, especially considering their latest philantrophy efforts! Yes! Giving back to community!
Pros
work-life balance, hours, pay, benefits, bonuses
Cons
the parking lot, could be better organized and neatly packed
Much, much better than expected
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILMay 16, 2018
I moved to Lake Zurich recently, long-story short, I got an opportunity to work at Aloha Construction, and a lot of my friends who don't live in the area told me to "stay clear" of a construction company and just hope for something better to come along. However my uncle who I'm living with right now told me to give it a shot, that he's heard good things about the company and their crew etc. So I did that, I gave them a shot, and I'm still living that shot now almost two years later. I've got a full-time job at Aloha Construction and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm well respected, the management and the CEO are capable and knowledgeable people who know what they're doing. I'm fully satisfied with my time off, salary and other benefits. If you get a chance to work here, please do, give it a shot, just like I did. I'm in the office but as far as I can tell (I've been here two years) most of our crew is more than satisfied with their positions and situation!
Pros
the management is supportive, the CEO is capable, job security, other benefits
Cons
I really can't think of any
Efficient management in a well-run company, good business
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILApril 8, 2018
Aloha Construction is led by people with experience and with a vision. I've been a construction worker the past 15 years and this is literally the only company I actually regret having to leave. I'm leaving because we're adopting again and we're fortunate enough that me and my wife don't both have to work full time to stay viable financially. Working for Aloha Construction has been a wonderful experience as a crewman, and the management is supportive, understanding and reasonable. The pay is excellent and you're respected for your time and work and effort you put into the company. The company is also doing great right now and there's a lot of work for anyone who's looking to mind their business and get the job done and enjoy the benefits. Best regards to my crew and the upper management!
Pros
management, the crew, overall job, locations
Cons
sometimes a bit stressful
Great gig for my part-time experience
Part-time Crewman (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILMarch 17, 2018
Cousin let me know Aloha needed an extra hand during the last season and I jumped in knowing I had about six months before I take off and move up north with my family and new job. For my time spent with the company, I have nothing but the best to say and share about the company's management and crew. They're very forth-coming and patient with new construction workers such as myself. I had little to no experience in the industry and they showed me the ropes and went overboard to make me feel accepted and part of the crew. I was reluctant at first but now I'm very grateful for having the experience of working in a new area and with such a professional company. That's pretty much it from me, if you get a chance to work at Aloha, even part time, I'd suggest you go in and have a nice time!
Pros
Breaks, work pace, professionalism, great crew, patient management
Cons
My only con is not being able to work here longer, seriously
Just a great place to work at overall
Crewman (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILMarch 2, 2018
I worked at Aloha Construction for just over a year, and sadly had to consider other options because I needed to move out of the Lake Zurich area because of private matters. But while I was with AC, I had a great time working with crew and didn't have and issues with the management. From what I could see in my time with the company, AC provides a stable, safe (and even fun at times) environment to work at and feel like you belong. I'm an introvert kind-of-person so the "belong" part really matters to me. The management is clear-cut, straightforward and honest. Same goes for the crew I worked with. We had plenty of work and sometimes you'd get pretty tired but that's only natural in this type of job. I'm also grateful for all the new things and skills I learned from the crew I worked with, really a good learning experience for me.
Pros
Communicative management, straight forward, honest, good crews
Cons
I'm not really cut-out for physical work, but that's just me