Alorica
Happiness rating is 49 out of 100

Alorica Employee Reviews

United States14,670 reviews

Found 14,670 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,635 reviews

Call center with decent attendance policies, prone to layoffs

I worked for a few clients for alorica. The pay has always been good for my area, The attendance policies easy to fall in, and the workload not too bad. However, when it is time to reduce the workforce, they consistently show zero respect for employees. My entire line group was laid off with a few hours notification. Another line group had specifically said they were not planning on laying us all off in a few months and then did so anyway.

I enjoy working from home, not dealing with traffic or gas prices is nice.I get paid 3 times a monthJob is stressful but fulfilling, I feel like what I do mattersManagers are very supportive and helpful.

Alorica insights

Based on 6,139 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Training

Systems was down training so far been great. I’m very happy and excited to be working from home and not at a office. Pay seems worth working at home as well

Good pay but bad scheduling

I worked at Alorica for 2 1/2 years... I started working there just before the pandemic but due to the instability of the job market I chose to make it work... the scheduling was a bit of a challenge but I worked through it... although I hated working the weekends. it is a high-paced job, I was promoted twice which allowed me to train other new hires and I would go back again if I needed a job really quickly

Productive and fun place to work.

My experience with Alorica has been great thus far. Everyone is very understand and is willing to go the extra mile to make sure you’re comfortable. Management was the best, they always checked on our well-being.

not the best

Needs more organization in training and nesting. The first day we showed up on site for training they weren’t prepared and didn’t even know we were coming. Transitioning to working from home you get minimal support i left this job because they trained me for a certain position and then moved me to a completely different department without training me in it.

Company pays generously, remote training is rushed.

Rushed training. Period. There is a great deal of being thrown off the side of the boat, with the expectation that you'll learn to swim. This is certainly an approach to teaching, but not one I agree with. Support system for agent's requests for help are handled well, if slowly.

Terrible Work Life Balance

After 8 months I've only had 8 hours of time off. Incredible micromanagement and can't even track your own attendance points. Not great. Managers are generally understanding, well mine was, love my coworkers and team, policy is just terrible.

Fun and easy going

I learned a lot in this job there is space to grow in the company. If they see potential they will move you up in position. I was in the boa department they mate amazing people working here

Pros

They are good in overtime

Cons

Work on weekends

Ok place to work for

I set my own hours and they are willing to help out when you have a problem with sick family. The managers will check in with you to make sure every thing is ok.

Not a stable company to work for

You are constantly micro managed Any time you go to the restroom they count that as your break time. Management is a joke. They constantly vto (voluntary time off) Even if they are making you leave early, because of system issues or slow call flow. They open a project and guarantee people jobs but the project only last 3-6Mo long then your out of a job. They will write you up for being a min late from lunch. Thus place is very unstable

Nah

It’s just a job to get money , the people and friends I made really made it worth it though. Some management do care if you succeed and others don’t .

Great place to work for as long as you are serving the right client

Okay work from home job as long as they have you servicing the correct client. Some clients offer better training than others making or breaking how successful you will be on the job.

Management just sucks, no raise whatsoever. Supervisors don't care about their team members and will let you go with no notice or warning, or reasons. Benefits are not even a thing, total of 8 hours of paid time off will be given if you work 40hours+ a week, HR are not any help as well. waste of time and energy.

Pros

Cons

everything else

Unorganized Company

After almost two years of outstanding attendance and scores, they switched my shift from 7-4 to 1-10 with a month's notice. Didn't get a training schedule till one day in advance. You only get PTO hours which aren't great.. the sick and personal time they offer on the hiring page is false. Moving up in this company is very hard and can be taken away from you as soon as they change your client. This jobs is for a beginner customer service agent or a job if you need a quick employment.

Concerning

Alorica the company itself I admire and see the vision. The Texas East El Paso Alorica Management was very inconsistent. Management had no desire in Leading like the vision was laid out through the Alorica Brand. Words of Management was everyone is replaceable along with hoping and pushing agents or leaders to resign and or manipulate agents and or leaders to resign. The manipulation seen in Management was truly a disappointment. I would love to still be working with Alorica as a company, however I would recommend VP's and Presidents to be more involved and know what is truly going on with their leaders in El paso TX.

Good company until the pandemic hit and they dropped a lot of workers and skills were terminated

It was a good company to work for until the pandemic hit and they started outsourcing outside of the United States. The ending pay was pretty good until they let go of the skill I was working on, and I wasn’t able to find another one that worked for me

Cons

Pay was not the greatest until just recently, and your skill can be eliminated pretty quickly without notice

Don't waste your time for minimal pay and less than 2 days paid time off per year.

Not a good company to work for, poor pay, poor benefits *if you can even call them benefits) and no possibility to advance within the company. Keep looking don't waste your time.

Pros

Remote available

Cons

Pay, benefits, workload

Promises made, promises broken; BEWARE

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!! It was on a local news station for how bad they were to employees, poor training, etc., and i wish i knew this before applying and subsequent employment. They promise employees everything they want to hear, including very high wages, then when the contract is up they fire everyone. Don't be fooled. Paid holidays means you have to work other days to make up the time. Insurance benefits are subpar and don’t cover most doctors. 2 weeks of training are not enough. Workplace rules and policies change weekly if not daily. I could go on and on..

Worst place I've worked at

Was not paid enough to deal with angry screaming customers the entire shift, we were marked on our ratings for things that had to do with the company and not us so of course punished for it, weren't allowed to hang up on customers being creeps or verbally abusing us, and often had to take calls that interrupted our breaks/lunch and after the shift was done and also punished for it.

Pros

It was a job

Pay and time off earned is terrible

I am currently an employee and I can say I have a great manager who work for his team, but that's about all so can say. As a front line agent, they let the members walk all over you and if they are swearing at you or worse, and you hang up, you can be fired. Yet, the higher tier employees do have a script to read and are able to hang up on the swearing members. Pay is pathetic. No raises. Time off lousy. Would NOT recommend this company to anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alorica. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss