Alorica Employee Reviews

Found 10,576 reviews matching the search See all 11,806 reviews
Incredible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 21, 2019
Alorica was a stepping stone to proceed to better things. You can enhance your customer service skills as well as learning new trades as you go along with each project you work in.
A good start up job
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXMay 21, 2019
ALorica is a great company and with a good set of mentors and management to help you improve on basic skills for your everyday life. I love how flexible they can be to help you with whatever you have going on in life. The pay is the only bad thing, they have a lot of money but pay everyone as if we are all fresh outta high school. There are alot of grown adult and elderly and alorica does not pay enough to support yourself by itself.
Pros
good people, fun job, great enviorment
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Bottom-feeder management style
Inbound Credit Card Sales (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAMay 21, 2019
Three good floor supervisors. Rest of management built like a house with no walls or foundation. Flimsy, prone to breakdown, always blaming the bottom rung. I got fired for proving a manager wrong about a call flow situation he claimed didn't work, when in fact it did.
He wasn't even my supervisor.
The entire upper-management staff have 0 sales experience.
When you fill out an app online for a sales WITH COMMISSION position, you expect to earn commission, right? Nope.
They claim it's a "Lucrative" bonus structure. But they use the word bonus to take it from you, or minimize it for any reason they can. so it's basically a sales job you work for 13 an hour. All the trainers and managers say the same thing, "Don't budget around your bonus, you never know if you'll ever get it." There are 150 reasons why they can fire you. If you are in any way outspoken or good at sales, don't work here. You'll make more at a new car dealership, or doing door to door sales, and you won't have to deal with worrying constantly about toeing the line or getting fired.
Pros
A job. You get to pay your bills.
Cons
Everything that comes with the job.
High School Mentality
critical issues resolution manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79936May 21, 2019
i feel they put to young of people in certain positions, and they treat it like a good old boys club, and gang up on people if they don't like you ( to much like High School mentality)
I loved working there!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 21, 2019
I had to quit because of health problems. But I was sad that I had to.....the company really cares about their employees. Sometimes you have to help clients who are not very nice. But for the most part, the clients are friendly and are grateful for your help.
Pros
Overtime, and pay for surveys
Cons
You do a lot of sitting!
non stop
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMay 21, 2019
Alorica is fast pace. if you can't multitask at a high rate your job performance will suffer. it isn't a hard job its just a job you need to remember all the steps and rinse and repeat every call for 8 hours.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
too fast pace
It was a good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 21, 2019
I like my job it was relaxing I could dress up I like talk on the phone so that was a pulse I love my customer i like manager if you need help they would
Not suitable for a first job.
Tele-sales for Directv (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 21, 2019
Though management was good at this location, the goal was Directv sales. It's a cutthroat sales floor of a call center. It's not for the feint of heart
Pros
Commission based pay.
Cons
Must make sales goal.
No bad
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 20, 2019
If it paid better I would have stayed,its not bad pay but not good enough with a family..
Miss you alorica.
And you can only work there twice and west corporation.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Not good pay
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 20, 2019
Great to work at and learning how to do customer service. The training's are very helpful but SME's take forever to come and answer whatever questions you have.
Boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 20, 2019
Maybe sitting in a cubicle type space is not for me, building has no windows or anything so you only see the outside world on your break time. Moral is low, new hires every month. Turn-over rate is through the roof. It is a good job as your first job, other than that, I would not recommend.
Pros
Elevates communication skills
Cons
Hard to advance
Great training
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 20, 2019
I love the manager's and PAL's at alorica. The training is excellent and everyone is patient and helpful. There is always someone there in real-time to answer questions.
Pros
Generous breaks
Cons
Would like more hours
Liars and ghetto
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 20, 2019
This place is terrible. They hiring you as customer service and when you get in they change it to Sales. You are getting 1.00 a sell and you have to sell 20 a day.
Don’t waste your time
Small Package Investigator (Inbound/Outbound) (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 20, 2019
Highly disorganized. Limited pto. No paid sick days. They’ll train you in multiple areas if you perform well but will refuse to pay you based on the additional skills learned.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Work culture/low pay
terrible management
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 20, 2019
everybody would rather be loud and on their phones than actually train and help train. they force you to work overtime and overnight shifts. they change schedule without letting you know. they’re constantly hiring bc nobody stays there long. don’t do it
Pros
Cons
management sucks, drama
Avoid this place unless its your only option
agent (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 19, 2019
As an agent your life at work is ruled by Ephone- remember its a call center-you sit there all day on the phone- you should be off a call by 30 mins of the QLs (leads) are tapping you on the shoulder, you have 7 minutes after call work to make sure all your notes are done and your dispatches of parts etc done otherwise they are sending you instant messages why are you not in available etc -The tools you use are slow and fail regularly- there are no cell phones or any pens/paper etc to help you- its all done on the fly- -god knows if you had a family emergency-they have to call the front desk and they take their time finding you..the job is very STRESSFULL especially when its red or black lever(Calls waiting) its one call after another-there are also other people walking around with laptops checking all your stats and figures (Alorica is run on metrics) and another woman on top of that coming up to you if you been in ACW (After call work) for too long telling you to go back available- Alorica loves to write people up for near everything-Team managers have their favorites- and every morning the team managers have a gathering and applaud each other for the stats the team gets (by making the agents life miserable) there is no time for any chatting to other employees- the pay is abysmal 14 hr(I heard when you been there a year you get 50 cents more) -the medical benefit are simply awful and most people refuse them, you DO get bonuses based on survey returns-but you could get 10 good surveys and 1 bad one blows it all away. they also have the nonsensical "points "  more... System for days absent/leave early etc and PTO is also non existant-a friend of mine been there 8 months has 1 day PTO earned-and heres the kicker IF you take a week off (With no pay of course ) lets say like my friend who's been there 8 months- they will on top hit you with 5 points for 5 missed days !!
Also this company does NOT pay public holidays !! so dont work those days? no pay etc! to be honest I have no idea how the state lets them treat employees this way-Horrible job and they have the highest amount of people leaving I have ever known for a company
I was grateful; to be accepted for the job but I cant wait to get away - Its laughingly called a "People farm or an IT sweatshop" DO NOT work here unless its your only option..
Pros
you can work your life away there
Cons
low pay/benefits/PTO/no paid public hols etc
Very hostile enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 19, 2019
When I started there is was awesome. However, when you have a major issue with an employee it is turned back on you like you were wrong. You are told to deal with any changes even if you were told last minute. The management is always right and protected no matter what they do, even if they yell and threaten thier employees. You cannot tell HR or thier anonymous hotline because you will be the one in trouble. The benefits are terrible. PTO is about 1.6 hours a month, there is no maternity leave and short term disability is only covered if you pay for it and it is not a preexisting condition. I do not reccomend this company to anyone. Decisions are made last minute and when you question why you are told that it is none of your business to suck it up that it is going to happen. There are no annual reviews and no raises. They pay a very low rate between minimum wage and 13.00/hr. Again no raises. This is a telecommunication company you would think they would pay you more. If your manager is remote they are the last ones to know if there are any issues because they are not communicated with properly. The dress code is not followed at all and if a complaint is made about someone not following the dress code you again are made out to look like the bad person. I have never worked for a company like this and i will make sure that I never do again. I quit working there because it was too much
Pros
There are none
Cons
Everything! In fact this company is a con
Lively coworkers
CUSTOMER CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 19, 2019
High call volume. Have to be self motivated. Overall the people that you meet at work and get to talk to are tgere for the same thing enjoying the little things in life. Call center is like a box of chocolates dont know what flavor you will get next.
Worst job in Pensacola
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 19, 2019
Alorica is the worst and the lowest paying call center in Pensacola. The building is nasty and the management is terrible. They expect you to do way too many things on these calls for only 11.00 an hour. People are leaving in droves. It's not worth the application.
Stay away!
Service Delivery Manager / Alorica (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 18, 2019
This is the worst job I have ever had. We did not get properly trained on the program they wanted us on. The first 2 weeks of a 3 week training they trained us for something completely different, then the last week for 2/3 days "trained" us on the group they wanted us on. It took them almost a month to have out cubicles and computers set up. During that time we literally did nothing but shadow the "veteran" reps. The management was poor and they definitely played favorites. They fired me over a mistake and is now lying to unemployment about them firing me.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alorica. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight