Alorica Employee Reviews

Found 9,493 reviews matching the search See all 10,549 reviews
Love the freedom to make your own schedule but....
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indian Trail, NCNovember 20, 2018
The pay is not great and there isnt really much opportunity for job advancement. Being able to make your own schedule and stay at home can be really convenient though.
Best boss a person can ask for.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Green bay wisconsinNovember 19, 2018
Working at alorica for almost 3 years (if you don't count the short time I made the mistake of leaving) I have had some great Team leaders that really do want to see you excel at your job and guide you into leadership if that's your goal.
fun events and support
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 19, 2018
the most enjoyable part was my hours. and some of the staff. I learned how to become more outspoken and to work with people.this was a great job I liked very much, it will be missed.
Pros
was the hours and support
Cons
time limits
Could be a good atmosphere, but no job security
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 19, 2018
Hours fluctuate all the time and does not accomodate employees. Not family oriented for a mother with kids.
Work hours will switch at a blink of an eye and you have to adjust accordingly.
Productive workplace
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 19, 2018
Typical day at PRC assist with customers needs
I worked with multiple accounts learned different task
Management was always nice and helpful
I enjoyed being avail to assist customers
Pros
Learned Multiple accounts
Cons
Not enough pay
Stress and Growth
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionNovember 18, 2018
A typical work day here as an agent is you take calls, take your breaks and lunches on time. review your cases and you're done with your shift. When it is your shift, work. When you're done with your shift, then do anything with your life.

I have learned a lot to be honest. It is a great stepping stone to aim higher. The promotion here is like, given to everyone. Everybody has a chance to be promoted. But you will learn that you accepted a huge boulder to be placed on your shoulders once you are performing the role. Luckily, the managers who handled me are great! They are just great.

The management as a whole is not so good. Maybe they have their reasons, of course there would be but as one of the people under them, I always ask their reasons for doing something so drastic without hearing us out first. The teams that i handled were always on top 5 teams for the whole site. Our numbers never failed to make that team known. I was transferred to a different team and I saw myself guiding the new team into the right path and at that time, I was asked, what are my best practices. That should've been done ages ago. Too bad, I was already rendering when I was asked with that.

Workplace Culture. Work work work. You are just lucky to have a manager take care of you like my managers did for me. They are still there though so I think being under them is heaven.

The hardest part of the job. It is when you're customer is asking for the reasonable but you just can't give it because you are so bounded by the client that you understand where the customer is coming from but all you
  more... can do is sympathize with them and express your grief on the phone.

The most enjoyable part of the job. Team buildings. They have programs to award top performers and you get to travel to different places in the country.
Pros
Incentives, Fast Promotions, Regular Updates
Cons
Everything is timed, Pressure
Do not work for Alorica
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 18, 2018
They do not value their loyal employees. I have been there 11 years. Site is closing have to transfer to a different department at a different site and have to take pay cut back to minimum wage. They do not give raises unless minimum wage goes up. They do not protect their employees 9 reports on an agent for inappropriate touching and he is still there. Absolutely the worse company I have ever worked at.
N/a
N/A (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 18, 2018
Nothing bad to say about the company. There is just no career advancement for me at the time. Good company , with good hours, and they have a good management.
Great for someone who wants to get paid weekly and perhaps going to college. It's like a small community within itself.
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHNovember 17, 2018
My co workers were nice and change was inevitable, nothing stays permanent; however that is with most call centers. Sometimes you will find favor with supervisors and sometimes you don't.
Pros
paid breaks, weekly pay
Cons
no security
Unprofessional
Call Center Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 17, 2018
Alorica is very unprofessional and unorganized. They hire any and everybody. They don’t want to pay you for what you work. The benefits are not good. When it comes to certain things like getting a schedule changed or requesting days off it’s difficult because workforce never responds. You do not have a grace period so if you are scheduled at 9:00 be here at 9:00 or before cause at 9:01 you will be considered late and that does effect your attendance. Workforce will create a deviation for you the moment you clock in at 9:01am but can’t seem to respond to a simple change in the schedule. I started school on October 1st, my schedule request was put in at the beginning of September, I did not get my schedule approved until November 11th. I wouldn’t recommend 👎🏽
Productive work place.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 17, 2018
A typical work day has the same type of flow as any other day. The routine as fairly the same with some moderate changes in procedure. Regrettably, once you reach the highest department there is no further growth with this company.
Productive, fast past, repetitive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 17, 2018
A nice place to work gives you good experience for the future. good work environment good benefits, good way to advance in the customer service business.
Not enough pay, lied to about pay, no after-call, and only 10 minute breaks.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 17, 2018
Like all call centers, it's fast-paced, generally mid to high intensity. Almost everyone I have interacted with in management, training, on the production floor, has been wonderful. The training process is more in-depth than some other places. However, there is absolutely NO use of after-call. This is probably one of the biggest issues I have with Alorica. Sometimes a call will come in while I'm still talking on the previous call. Even if the call ends before the next one comes in, there is practically no time to notate the account, unless the incoming call agrees to be put on hold so you can notate the account. The other big issue with Alorica is that the pay is only $10 an hour. This has two sides, one being that, personally, I don't feel that is enough for such a stressful position. Secondly, the application said $11.50 for the first 90 days, then $12 after the first 90 days. When I asked about it, they said those positions were full, but after they hired me, I saw they continued to post new positions available listed with the higher wage on indeed and on their website. It makes me feel lied to, and that is not good practice as an employer to set that impression, especially with new hires. The third big issue I have with Alorica is that for an 8-hour shift, you do get a 30-minute lunch, which is standard, but you only get 2 10 minute breaks. This is the only location I have ever not had 2 15 minute breaks. Overall, great for some people, but not enough for me.
Pros
sometimes free food, friendly management, in-depth training
Cons
short breaks, low wages, no after-call
It is a stressful place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 16, 2018
The building is to cold you would have to always dress like it is winter no matter what time of year. The team leaders are not trained for their jobs breaks are to short no holiday off or pay .
Cons
Short breaks, did not have benifits no holidays building not clean
Fun environment sometimes stressful
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  5104 N Blythe Ave Fresno, CA 93722 United StatesNovember 16, 2018
All in all fun job good Atmosphere but sometimes poor management and pay could be more as well, once on floor depending on lead you get some will not help you
Pros
Fun environment/help you/family type
Cons
Poor management sometimes
Nice, work from home job, Set your own hours
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, AZNovember 15, 2018
A typical day for me is working for three hours in the morning before getting my kids off to school and working 1-2 hours at night once everyone has gone to be. I answer the phone for multiple clients including Thane product seekers, Copper Fit products, AARP Medicare Supplement information and Colonial Penn life insurance information.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Not made aware ahead of time when hours will be posted
It's ok
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 15, 2018
The job was very fast pace. the management only focused on the negative things that you did and not the positive. It was very high school there and breaks were not long enough to do anything. The training was fun.
Productive and Safe place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 15, 2018
The job is a fun job when you have the best co workers by your side. When i began working at Alorica i was working for America Home Shield dealing with home warranties, but currently i work for USBank and i love it more than the home warranties because they are less Irate.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
breaks
Fun workplace. Very compassionate and understanding leaders
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 15, 2018
I absolutely loved working here. I fell sick and couldn’t work for a while but ion return to work, everyone was so welcoming and made it easy to return. My favorite thing about this job is probably the overtime incentives we received
just a paycheck job
Agent (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 14, 2018
little opportunity for advancement . constantly changing expectations. poor management and team leaders

3 different contract customers in the time I was there.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alorica. Our community is ready to answer.

52K

Women's ratings

2.2Fairygodboss Score

40%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss