Alorica Employee Reviews

Found 9,959 reviews matching the search See all 11,108 reviews
A relative structure for review of calls and production for volume in the select center.
Customer Service/ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 22, 2019
The detail to handle the causes of certain technical issues dealing with the company is exciting to improve daily by working. Of course there is a compensation for everything you do, while these repercussions are being taken care of it is a specific interesting way to continue your tasks by just relating to the customer, on the line, through empathy.
Pros
Exceeding Positions, Open Interviews
Cons
High Volume in the call center, a lot of noise
It's okay job to paid the bills
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJanuary 23, 2019
It's not the best job in the world but it's not the hardest, you just gotten know what your doing while trying to provide for the customers , if you need help sometimes the mangers are there but most of the time they want you to do the work or research even if it's brand new or you just don't understand. The training is very long but it's very helpful until you actually get to the floor and start taking calls. Mostly what drains from this work is the customers cause most of them or either yelling or cussing at you while your trying to stand positive. The job gets very toxic and tried-some.
I Didn’t Want to Leave
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 25, 2019
I really liked working at Alorica but because of personal issues we had to move. I enjoyed the job and they do a lot for their employees. The have great amenities for employees; nice break room, a little store where they had multiple vending machines and other items for employees. They really try to take care of their employees.
Pros
Awards, Parties for employees, wonderful work environment, very understanding supervisors
Cons
Short breaks and long way to break room and lockers
Disorganized Chaos
Operations Customer Service Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 29, 2019
No formal training for management and very little support once I was given a team. The person I was supposed to shadow, took very little interest on helping and I had to navigate by trial and error. No guidance, the quality of the employees is poor and the site director speaks from both sides of her mouth. Very frustrating as I had very little access to systems and had to figure them on my own. It is very apparent that there's discrimination and everyone seems to be on survival mode.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Very disorganized and little support
Its ok
Call representative (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAJanuary 29, 2019
If you don't mind dealing with nagging complaining customers then Alorica is for you, you sit down all day and answer calls that will sometimes get to you. They pay 12 an hour but since taxes and pay rates went up Alorica does not you stay at 12 until further notice. You don't get the schedule you want so if you're a single parent with little to no help finding a baby sitter can be a problem. Just make sure when you apply at this job you have no life because the hours are not worth it
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Hours, pay, rude customers
Not long term
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 9, 2019
The only reason to work here is to get a check. There is no advancement, only favoritism for some and the job only handles complaints with no plan of making the services better. I was very lucky to have been able to work there and met good smart people. Advise not to continue working at a place where the joke about it is being "a jail" or " yay you're getting out" I heard this from their tech guy and employees. Full time great but if no advancement how can you survive? Only work here with plans on growing somewhere else.
Pros
Attendence bonus
Cons
Dirty bathrooms, lunch room, computers, old chairs, not professional
Great place for overtime
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 10, 2019
I'm not gonna pretend this company is perfect; no company is, but if you want to work a lot of overtime then this is the company for you. This company heavily incentivizes overtime and atypical schedules; my first week out of on the job training I worked 62 hours. Overtime is by no means required, but it is highly advantageous.
Pros
Overtime, regular performance bonuses, great clients
Cons
Accepted overtime can count against your attendance, lackluster janitorial staff, headset and badge replacements cost money.
summary
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 13, 2019
Typical day at work long hours of being on the phone taking call after call. i learned how to be a call rep and also about banking accounts how to validate a check how to use customer service how to be patient and also learned about bank account. management is something that i disagree with there allot of favoritism they don't know how to treat or talk to an associate no social skills .the hardest thing about this job is check holds and helping customer. The good part of the job is good hours good benefits and allot of overtime.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
30 lunch 15 breaks
One-Man Team, Entire Life Cycle
SENIOR DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Typical day: uploading leads to attach to my scripts, work on new scripts or maintain existing ones
Learned: How to manage my time and make estimates. Problem-solving
Management: At first was great, then degraded
Culture: Worked from home, they forgot about us
Hardest: The client determined the timeline
Enjoyable: Being my own boss

Highlights: Came up with TCPA solution for outbound calls, corrected a decade-long issue with recordings
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Was so good at my job, no hope of advancement
Make this temporary if you need the work.
Client Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Low pay. Hardly any benefits. They are always hiring, which is a sign. The facility is filthy. I'm always sick, and I'm a very hygienic person. The restrooms are never clean, and when they do clean them, they still smell of urine. Breaks seem short, but you get an hour break broken up into two 15 min breaks and a 30 min lunch. If you need to use the restroom, you have to use your break time. Most people sit in their cars for breaks. Strict no cell-phone policy, unless you're a manager. They are always on their phones while in production. Lots of favoritism
Pros
You get to go home at the end of the day.
Cons
Short breaks, terrible benefits, filthy facility.

Want to know more about Alorica?

Ask a question
Fast paced and competitive work place
TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 11, 2019
Taking calls on a daily basis trying to bring in revenue.. Learned a lot of proper etiquette on phones and how to teach. Management was pretty good about keeping things in order (little biased at times). Hardest part of the job was keeping employees motivated and giving them a feeling of belonging. Most enjoyable part was meeting new employees and making a family out of co workers.
Pros
Great work benefits
Cons
Not always diligent in management
It's a job.
Customer Service Representative for US Bank (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 13, 2019
Management seems to work more with people they like. Lots of pressure with quality assurance and average handle time and schedule adherence, but seems like really helping solve customer issues comes after the quality of the call and concentrating on how many calls can be answered within 8-hour time frame. Expect to follow your scheduled breaks and lunches, but changes at supervisors convenience when too many people leave at once.
Alorica was the best Job I had.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJanuary 11, 2019
I worked here for a year and it was the greatest job I ever had. I did not want to leave because I wanted to I needed to leave because I was struggling to find a place to live so I had to leave and relocate. Other than that, It was a pleasure working with the people there and learning new thins everyday and correcting my mistakes. I will miss every single one of my friends there.
Pros
friends, experience, culture
Cons
Short breaks, snitches, unprofessionalism
Could be a nice place to work...
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  SCJanuary 11, 2019
Always under staffed because of the revolving door. Good, professional people come and go so quickly because there is obviously no increase in wages, no room for advancement if you have a mind of your own, and has a culture of clicks. There are employees who have been there for over 10+ years and barely make over that amount per hour.
Pros
Have met some really professional, nice people.
Cons
Very low wages, no room for advancement to self starters and thinkers.
Short breaks, OK job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2019
The place is ok. The only thing I can recommend is - take your time to learn the material since when you get on the phones, you're going to feel like you're alone. Not all the people are bad and most do want to you help you but because there are people that don't care about you understanding and just give you answers to get off the phone also learn to take one call at a time and don't take the quick responses personal.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Short breaks and short lunch
AT&T Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33157January 9, 2019
I enjoyed working on the AT&T account I held at Alorica, I enjoyed the challenge of the fast past environment and assisting customers with all of their concerns. My wok schedule allowed me to be able to work at night, which was a plus. If I could change something about Alorica it would be the pay and benefits.
Pros
Great Accounts
Cons
pay for area is low and no benefits
Eh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Alorica is a good place to work at if you want a good pay. There’s paid training. They go off your stats so getting $200+ bonuses is really easy. The environment there is so draining. It’s a call center so you’re constantly getting yelled at by customers & the mangers absolutely don’t care about you. Alorica’s turnover rate is so fast/high. The only reason I stayed so long is because of the pay, but I couldn’t take the negative environment anymore.
Pros
Good pay & bonuses
Cons
Draining/negative environment
work at home, comfortable environment, fair pay
At Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 9, 2019
I liked working or the company. I was able to choose my own hours and work whenever I wanted. Sometimes hours werent available and you can still be written up for not meeting the required weekly hours. Some of the managers can be unprofessional and its hard to get assistance while on a call with a customer who is requesting a supervisor or help outside of your job description. For the most part, it beats leaving the house and fighting traffic!
Pros
They worked with my absence when my husband passed away.
Horrible
Operations Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 7, 2019
Place pays $10 flat no pay raises ever unless you get promoted and even then you get about $1 raise. The only way to earn extra money was to meet certain goals that were nearly impossible to meet and then you'd get an extra $100 or so for the month. Manager would constantly shout across the room instead of walking to person(its a call center, customers could hear him shouting). Bed Bugs were found, one right next to the desk I was sitting at and nothing at all was done about it.
Pros
you get paid for your work
Cons
See review
Poorly Managed Company
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 8, 2019
Very poor management, no communication!!! They will fire you as quick as they hire you. I was fired without warning!! Your job depends on rude customers. If they give you a bad survey just because they feel like it or because they have a problem with the company, your numbers drop drastically and your job is in jeopardy. Not a stable job and very stressful. Training is cool and easygoing, but after that just leave.
Pros
CS experience
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alorica. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight