Alorica Employee Reviews in El Paso, TX

Found 485 reviews matching the search See all 10,549 reviews
Great job
Representante de Servicio al Cliente (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 9, 2018
This place offers a very good joba invoroment,no problems, great staff to always help you on your problems not just stress but financially too,overall good job experience
Good pay poor managment
CSR/Sales Representative (inside sales) (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 4, 2018
It was nice to have an amount of money in credit cards to offer each customer. It was an easy way of perusing the customer to buy and commit for a whole year of direct TV among other services. Its not a difficult job for someone who is a people person or can sell. The only tricky part about it is getting management to like you and to help you get paid for your commission check that sounds so attractive and easy to obtain during training. I really like to sell my only main problem was that it always felt like there was an essence of favoritism all over the building. I also got this sketchy letter from corporate saying they would pay me X amount of money for a lawsuit that they had lost to some of their employees and so I got that check months later after my hired date. So that kind of tells you what kind of place it is.
Pros
pay
Cons
favoritism
Alright work place
AT&T Outbound Mobility sales (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 1, 2018
Working at Alorica was an experience, to say the least. Id like to start with the pros, the people there are very diverse and fun too. But that's kinda where it ends my main con with Alorica is trying to find out information from the company specifically transfer. I found out a department that I was well suited for however speaking with HR, my managers and even the other managers in the department I wanted to go to had no way and no idea what to do. On top of that, I was told false information and was diverted elsewhere. In all a good place to work but be sure to pick the part right
Pros
People and atmosphere
Cons
Great enviorement with the coworkers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 23, 2018
great morning punching inn, getting comfortable at my desk and rapidly began answering calls and working with my customers..
I learned how to be fair and straight forward to customers to win there trust.
management was very active with the team.
workplace was very active and uplifting
the hardest part of the job was, competing to better yourself
Pros
bonus
Cons
very short brakes
Loved the people
Critical Issue Resolutions Manager (CIRM) (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79936October 18, 2018
The job isn’t the greatest but probably the easiest job alive. I mostly stayed for the people. I also went into work in a good mood and leaving in a good mood
Pros
People, relaxed
Cons
Pay, no bonus, no discount
Alorica is a great placw to start but not end with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 15, 2018
For me alorica was an ok job for me to start put with. The pay was good and management was fairly. I had no issues with alorica they would help me in time of need. No complaints there.
Pros
Good place to start off
Cons
Envoirment was disorgninzed
DoNot have much to say about Alorica .
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 14, 2018
I will miss the people but not the company. The managers were nice to all employees. We started with over 200 people in a branch that would accommodate all, but Citi Bank was moved to a room that only holds 52 people.
Pros
Meet very nice people.
Cons
no raises, room jto small for agents.
Stressful, not enough training.
Call Center Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 12, 2018
During the month I worked here I never got to meet my supervisor/manager, because when I left training he left for vacation. My department was and still is understaffed out 150 seats only 40-50 were occupied on the weekdays and 15-25 on the weekends. During the weekday costumers were on queue for about 40-60 minutes before they got to speak to somebody. Training didn’t prepare you for the regular calls they only prepared you for very specific calls, superiors aren’t helpful enough for the new employees. I received more useful information from a colleague than from training. In my department (Reconnects/Winbacks) you are supposed to extend calls as long as posible, one of my trainers strongly recommended us to make the customer forget the reason for their call and make them talk about their personal life. (Ex.. So what does your family like to do for fun.) So you could use the information they give you about their personal life to try to make them come back to your service provider. The systems are flawed they crashed a few times when I was on a call, Some equipment is not in working condition (some phone lines were missing, some computers didn’t work properly and not sync to the phones properly.) Only friendly people I met here were 5 colleagues, my trainer, and the security guard.
Pros
Nice smoking area, Restrooms are very clean, Good security.
Cons
Superiors not helpful, Unclean cafeteria, Can’t use cash for meals, Not enough space in break area.
Only take this position in desperation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 1, 2018
Alorica is an okay place to work. It's just always difficult dealing with customers in a call center setting. At least you're off on Sundays.
Honestly, it's ok.
Horrible management
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX WestSeptember 27, 2018
From my time working there (since 2015) I had 5 managers, all of my previous managers were fired and new managers were just agents from the production floor with no experience as managers whatsoever. Horrible enviorment to work for, if you get along with higher ups you get decent treatment, if you dont get along they will make your time there miserable, also if you dont meet your monthly quota even by one month, youre treated as public enemy no.1. To them youre worthless if you dont make sales and they sure as heck make sure you know that. They ask way to much of you for the 10/hr you get paid, you basically have to sell cell phones, tv service and internet to customers who are calling about their bill being so high already while on a monthy quota that is horrible, plus when you do get your sales alorica will try its best to not pay your commission. If you have a high average handle time on calls they will cut your commission in HALF. Who keeps the other half? MANAGEMENT! How are you suppossed to meet handle time when you have to make so many sales a month. They expect a handle time of 12-13 minutes but each sale take more than 1 hour of phone time, so if youre a top seller it will be very difficult to meet your handle time and the end of the month, so what happens next? You guessed it, you only get HALF of your hard earned dollars only because your handle time was higher than 13 minute average. This place is horrible I would not recommend to anyone. At&t wireless and directv/uverse project.
Pros
Nothing. Its bad
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Critical Issue Manager consulting for AT&T (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 23, 2018
great place better that what i have heard before joining the company.
If Alorica can get me a job in Canada i think it will be a company to grow with.
serious
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 23, 2018
the environment at Alorica was serious. I liked my coworkers but management seemed to be condescending. overall great experience at Alorica. Great break room area and options
easy entry level
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/LEADERSHIP INTERN (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 21, 2018
easy to get hired, that's probably why they paid so little. I worked there for over 2 years and was able to move up to a "Leadership Intern" but although I had more responsibilities, I never received an increase in pay and was told that my benefit for additional responsibilities was getting time off of the phones. I left to find a better paying job.
Pros
gained experience and worked with nice people
Cons
too little pay
good job!!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 21, 2018
great job ! i love working in alorica they are a great company and they help you alot to do good on your job ! its is a great oportunnity to move foward in your job
Fun energetic place to work with plenty of perks such as, free merchandise, weekly incentives etc...
Inbound salesman/ Team manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 20, 2018
I personally loved working for alorica because it did have lots of perks such as, free lunches, great benefits, and weekly paid out incentives. The environment was fun, loud, motivational as well.
Pros
Ot, Incentives, Advancement opportunities.
Cons
HR communication was stressful
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I liked working at alorica for the work environment. Had flexible eschedule as per your needs, had good training as well as good managers..Also if the contract will expire will try to get you on another department.
Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 13, 2018
No flexibility. Bad vibes with project 12 never recommend anyone to work for p12 all other departments are more relaxed but p12 is strict and non rewarding
Call Center Environment
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Large Call Center (1,200 seats plus); approximately 6 or more lines of business. Weekly new-hire training starts. Peak season weekly average new hire target 100. High paced, high volume recruiting. Not for the inexperienced recruiter. Prior recruiting, sales and administrative experience is necessary.
Pros
Challenges your ability and skills! If you can produce....very stable job.
Cons
Salary - promotion to management
depends what project you end up in
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 3, 2018
working at alorica was both a easy non challenging pace but also challenging at times. but that was due to the project i was in, other projects were frustating with no motivation to advance, and other projects were not challenging and monotone.
Pros
break rooms had pool tables
Cons
my project was relocated and i was demoted on new project.
Awful company
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79912August 29, 2018
Worst company I've ever worked for, run the other way if they call you. The company rules change and you don't know what they are until you violate them. The computers don't work, the sales quotas change and the pay out changes and you often don't get your commission. Most of the employees are young and don't care about the customer, their drug activity in the work place, and the pressure to sell is so bad that many people lie to get the sales including the supervisors. It was the worst job I've ever had, but the pay was okay and they did work with my school schedule. I liked my coworkers, but the work environment deteriorated and people are fired constantly, if you've been there six months your a veteran.
Cons
Bad work environment, changing rules, pressure for sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alorica. Our community is ready to answer.

52K

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight