Alorica Employee Reviews in Fresno, CA

32.1K
21.2K
11.6K
Found 363 reviews matching the search See all 7,857 reviews
Fast paced and Stressful. Not for everyone.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 23, 2018
On a typical day at Alorica, I would log into my terminal and begin taking inbound calls from customers. Keeping in mind that it is for a major wireless company, the customers are never calling to say that everything is perfect. Knowing this going in with the realistic expectation that the callers are generally angry, confused and/or frustrated, you should do well.
The culture here is like a live action tinder. A lot of the reps are flirtatious and are looking for a hookup. Dealing with that is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing at the end of the day that you've done something to help other people.
Pros
Guaranteed overtime
Cons
Inconsistent break times
Easy and comfortable work place
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 20, 2018
The time that I spent at Alorica was never stressful or too hard. I learned a lot about customer service and how to be a team worker. I would definitely recommend this job.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Too Cold Inside
Steriotypical Call Center Job
Customer Service/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 17, 2018
Lots of training so you dont have to worry about knowing much going in. Also a wide variety of shifts for people of all types. Also promote within so good chance to advance.
It was difficult
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 17, 2018
You had a lot of people calling in that were unreasonable. The coworkers and staff were wonderful, but the hours are strict, no room for change. It was lovely working there for the most part.
Poor customer services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 15, 2018
Process of hiring is horrible! Security is lazy and unprofessional. He likes to ignored his peers and gets annoyed if he has to help them. Ladies at the front desk were rude! I understand it is their career job but they do not need to feel intimidated by my certificate. They said they were flexible with student’s school schedule but really they are not. Be smart; if they already expressed their ugly attitudes and indirect attacking you, leave. Do not waste your precious time or ruin your professional work reputations.
Probation/ Training Schedule that you MUST attend: Tu-Sat Wk: 1-5: 3:15p-12a
Wk 6-12: 12p-9p
Days off sun/mon
Pros
There were at least 2 nice people I met
Cons
First impression of the inside and ladies at the front desk
only use it as temporary while looking for other work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 9, 2018
they hire almost anyone so you get a lot of people who are not professional and you cannot do your job correctly because managers only care about certain stats and some don't help
The worst job I ever Had
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 8, 2018
This was absolutely the WORST job I had ever had! Management was not the best as they would sit in their assess and harass all of their employees all day long. They don't care about their employees at all! Well, may be the Center Manager, but the supervising staff I would give an F.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Supervising staff sucks!
Very Challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 3, 2018
The managers were cool and I got along with pretty much everybody. The only downside was rude customers when I was answering the phones and that is what made it stressful but I still pulled through.
It has it's moments.
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 29, 2018
Mostly positive day-to-day experiences. I finally relaxed and learned to ignore the "numbers" they constantly threw at us and just give my callers the best customer care I could give. Team Leader (supervisor) turnover was laughable.
Pros
Many bonus opportunities.
Cons
The "call handling numbers" game.
very fun environment and family oriented
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 28, 2018
A typical day at work would be greeting my managers and co works discussing ways to stay at goal. See at Alorica we stats that are base upon on how we acknowledge the situation of the customer making sure that we was able to take care all their needs during the call. All through the day at Alorica everyone is making sure that all employees are taking care of like; having free tacos day, jumbo juice, dutch bros, and raffles. the hardest part of the job is not bring your outside problems to the work place, keeping your self professional on the phones
Pros
free lunch and bonus
Cons
short breaks
Not the best
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 26, 2018
To start off on a positive note the people here are really friendly. However, their training does not even begin to cover what it is you need to know to do your job properly. You will get calls on things they DO NOT teach you. They don't even offer courses on how to use the new updates on their programs. On top of that heaven forbid you don't hit statistics above a certain number. If you don't hit those statistics they threaten you every few days with termination. Also heaven forbid you get sick, have to have surgery or otherwise. Even with a doctor's note you're not covered.
When I first started training there were over 20 people in my class alone. To go from over 20 to just 7 is a drastic change.
However to end things on a positive note, it is super easy to get on here if you're looking for a temporary job or a supplemental income. Also fast advancement paces and lots of room for improvement
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
It's not for everyone
competitive
Technician Representative-Call Center (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 18, 2018
needed more advancement and they need more organization-need to set people up to succeed-they dont sell the opportunities for moving up or taking advantage of learning all they can to succeed somewhere else
productive
assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 17, 2018
Love that they award you with incentives for a handling customer concerns, and also for being productive. Think this place is a great place to work at
Pros
National donuts, ice cream day, appicatetion day etc
Stay away
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 31, 2018
This job paid my bills but it's not a career job....
To many chiefs there and not enough Indians...
Overtime is a must.....
Dress code when nobody see you..
Most unprofessional work setting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 22, 2018
Everyone in management is buddy buddy with each other so anything you complain about will eventually get around to every other manager and then back to you. Managers will sleep with their agents and send explicit pictures. Two past employees have suffered miscarriages due to the stress of this environment. Many of the managers cannot handle managing a team and will throw a fit when put under pressure.
Alorica
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 17, 2018
You need to have a lot patients to talk to guest because they can get very rude or you will need experience this from some of the crew. I didn't feel backed up by most management as they say they do.
great but very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 11, 2018
great place to work but very stressful, you have to talk to customer very rude customers on my first day i was calling everything in the book, you are not able to hang up on the customer if they are rude.
they do have paid training.
Pros
paid training, great hrs, great paid
Cons
rude customers, cant hang up
Great opportunies
Interim Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 10, 2018
Pay could be better. Allows room or advancement. Promotes fro within with on the job training for all promotions. Great group of people to work with,
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 10, 2018
Fun, fast paced environment , enjoyed working here, friendly staff. Good hours , flexibility schedule. Enjoyed training time at this facility very much.
Pros
pay hours
Cons
people
very fast paced work placed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 8, 2018
I love the job and the challenging environment, Everyone in the job was eager to meet their job goals. Very motivating team. Always granted a chance to grow within the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alorica. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight