Alorica Employee Reviews in Fresno, CA

Found 380 reviews matching the search See all 8,429 reviews
Childish place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 14, 2018
Alorica is a good job for a newly graduated student thats tryna get some experience under their belt but the management is rude the staff is rude and they dont work with parents as far as schedule goes....its so much drama you can barely tend to your work
Hated It!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 10, 2018
There was definitely favoritism!! Upper management did not care about anyone but themselves. Would get high every chance they get. Real messy. Gossiping about people. Just a very bad environment all together
Terrible and would not recommend
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 9, 2018
I was hired on with a training class of 30.
After 6 months, only 5 remained. Most of them were fired for absurd reasons.
Managers don’t care about their teams, they are too busy gossiping and taking smoke breaks.
Pros
40 hours a week guranteed.
horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 23, 2018
the service sucks the people sucks the jobs sucks its unfair they dont give out fair and equal opportunity. horrible horrible and i would never ever recommend
Okay job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 22, 2018
If you want a laid back job that pays pretty good just to listen to people complain about their phone bill, then this is the place for you! It's a good job just stay away from drama if possible.
Pros
Hours, pay
Cons
Security
Was a good work place and environment
Customer Service Repersenitive (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 19, 2018
I could say it was stressfull but theres alot of help when needed never a day you are left behind with help everyone helps each other no matyer what call it was the help was there people employees are friendly and nice to help you your seeking foe the help like a question or a spot you would get stuck on
Pros
Good breaks and lunches it was reasonable
Cons
Have good benefits avalable to the employees
Just a stepping stone
Global Tech Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 18, 2018
With this job it is a lot of politics and who knows who so you can move up with in the company. A lot of the time it is a lot of drama and as if you were still in high school. People are sleeping with each other and that is how they get promoted and not fired.
Alorica
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 10, 2018
Work shifts changed with no notice and your not allowed to miss days after a shift change or switch with anyone for a better schedule. Supervisors were very selective about whom they assisted on the work floor and it made it very difficult to assist customers on the phone.
Pros
overtime
Cons
very unclean work stations
Horrible
Phone Representative (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 8, 2018
Alorica is ok if you like to sit down all day. There are times when you get rude customers but the management is horrible, especially to the disabled. If you ever need time off from work due to pregnancy (in my case) or for anything else, good luck! You'll get written up for attendance for missing work even with a doctor's note! Only good for a quick check and if it's your last resort.
very stressful workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 25, 2018
typical day is very fast paced like that but very stressfull have to deal with very verbally abusive customersas well as lopsided surverys bad ones drop you down and get a good survery takes four good surveys to make up for 1 bad survey so not very well balanced
Pros
one hr lunch
Cons
short breaks minimum pay and way to much stress
The Pits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 14, 2018
Only two people should apply here: 1) a newly minted high school grad, or 2) someone who's unemployment has run out and is facing starvation. All they require is a high school diploma, and most new trainees are right out of high school. The environment is pretty much a continuation of high school, only a class with a substituted teacher who's just "marking time". Five weeks of training that's mostly just babysitting and bull sessions as "trainers" pretty much just let their "students" take over and diverge constantly from learning. Ultimately very little real training, so when you get out of the classroom and into "nesting" (and taking real calls), you won't know what you're doing. I've had years of customers service experience, but had so little real training on Verizon, their products, the company's systems, etc. that I felt very unprepared. Fresno center was a "revolving door" and had to be re-staffed constantly with big job fairs. Warning -- if a place has to hire new people all the time like Alorica, it's not for the reason THEY claim -- "business expansion" -- but because they lose easily half their employees within a year, and over 80% within 2 years. Ask yourself why, because that is NOT standard in office environments -- only the fast food industry, and at least there you'll get free food!
Pros
Cons
Everything about this place.
Great Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 11, 2018
Really didn't mind the work here. Was just taxing on the mind after some time. The pay was nice, made the time worth it but not enough to get yelled at by customers on the phone.
Pros
Pay was good, benefits, people were nice
Cons
The customer service aspect was taxing
Stressful Workplace With Great Salary
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 9, 2018
The work place is messy, meaning a lot of the employees just got out of Highschool and are young and like to get into mess rather than do their job. Even the managers can be a bit messy, unfortunately I worked in an environment where it was just like that but I managed to ignore the pettiness and do my job. Now you start off full time and then mandatory overtime and next full time with optional overtime. So salary is great ! It’s a competitive job like most you get bonus money so that’s good. Just be able to multitask, have good customer service, and listen in training. They have a high turnover rate so that says a lot...
Pros
Salary
Cons
Horrible Work Environment
They continually change your shift.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93722September 9, 2018
In the beginning the company makes you believe they are great to work for and have made changes. They give you a shift to work based on bidding and how well you did in class. I was in the top 3 but didn't get the shift I requested. I didn't even get one of my top 5 requests.I went from day shift and weekends off to 12-9 and Tue-Wed off. I was told I could go to HR and request a schedule change. I was told too bad so sad, because on my original application I put any shift. yes, I did, but I didn't expect it to continually change. I have been there 5 months and my shift has changed 5 times. i can't plan for vacations because of this. The Fresno office definitively has a click of people that stick together and are friends with management and get what they want. There is a high turn over and its because of how they are treated. This could be a great company to work for long term. Sad
In addition, your reviewed based on customer surveys. So if a customer is mad because you couldn't give them a discount on their bill, they can give you a bad survey, This counts against you!!! Even if you followed their procedures.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
your rated on customer survey. So if you can't give customer a break, they can give you a bad reviewl
Management is unorganized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 30, 2018
They need more flexible hours and better communication with employees. Cleaner work environment free from bugs and other pests. Advance opportunities to be more obtainable based on skills and experience and not who you know.
Decent Office job
Call Representative, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  5104 N Blythe Ave, Fresno, CA 93722August 25, 2018
Alorica is a decent enough office job and is especially fitting for younger adults who may not currently be in college and are just freshly graduated from high school
Pros
occasional free lunches, always cool (AC), relationships built with team members
Cons
Contradictory management
Great for getting by
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 6, 2018
Alorica is great for a first time job. It has its benefits. Sometimes overtime is mandatory. I don't recommend for impatient people. It has areas for advancement. Overall great place to work.
Pros
Great money, good hours
Cons
Short breaks/Iunch, sometimes overtime is mandatory
Fast paced and Stressful. Not for everyone.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 23, 2018
On a typical day at Alorica, I would log into my terminal and begin taking inbound calls from customers. Keeping in mind that it is for a major wireless company, the customers are never calling to say that everything is perfect. Knowing this going in with the realistic expectation that the callers are generally angry, confused and/or frustrated, you should do well.
The culture here is like a live action tinder. A lot of the reps are flirtatious and are looking for a hookup. Dealing with that is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing at the end of the day that you've done something to help other people.
Pros
Guaranteed overtime
Cons
Inconsistent break times
Easy and comfortable work place
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 20, 2018
The time that I spent at Alorica was never stressful or too hard. I learned a lot about customer service and how to be a team worker. I would definitely recommend this job.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Too Cold Inside
Steriotypical Call Center Job
Customer Service/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 17, 2018
Lots of training so you dont have to worry about knowing much going in. Also a wide variety of shifts for people of all types. Also promote within so good chance to advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alorica. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight