Alorica Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

11.6K
Found 411 reviews matching the search See all 7,882 reviews
Positive workplace.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 14, 2018
It taught me to keep to myself. working there you have to be very private. it taught me word processing and how to work around a computer. I really enjoyed it because I was helping others.
Pros
they have popcorn day
Cons
if you are sick and call out they count that against you.
call center
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 13, 2018
it was a good job, the pay is really nice. they offer alot of things. i would say its a good job to go to over the summer or need the extra money i would say its the place to go
Pros
breaks, lunch break
Cons
training can be better
great
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 9, 2018
the hardest part of the job, was the new updates on processing the account . co-workers were great and also management. Very nice work environment. I liked the early hours.
Poverty wage/horrible management/middle school culture
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  floridaAugust 9, 2018
The work environment here is unlike any you will experience, imagine a middle school that decided to start a business and use its students as the employees.
The turnover here is constant.
Pay is not nearly a living wage and there are no pay raises no matter how well you individually do your job.
Management allows people to sit around and do little work for fear they'll quit if spoken to.
They'll attempt to force you into working the worst schedule if you're not strong enough to say no.
The management, policies and procedures here are as unprofessional as you most likely encounter in your working career.
Pros
Cons
bad pay, bad environment, lousy management
very productive very fun place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Magna, UTAugust 8, 2018
loved it it was the best job ive had yet answering phones using computers the co workers are great pretty much make a family with everyone management is amazing and great ive learned you can make great friends.
Pros
making friends great pay
Cons
gets busy really fast
Angry callers and mandatory overtime
Call center customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MI 49201August 8, 2018
This is a stressful job. Agents takes calls from angry callers all day and are forced to do mandatory overtime. The pay is terrible and so is the training. The only good thing about this job is that it's day shift and Monday - Friday.
Fast pace, different, fun place to work
Inbound Call Center Agent - American Home Shield (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 6, 2018
Working at Alorica I've learned to put yourself into your customers' shoes and understanding where they're coming from when they're frustrated. Allowed me to show my customers empathy in difficult situations.
Pros
Complimentary lunches, fun family activies, charity work
Cons
Short lunches, some management
terrible company
Call Center Rep at home (Former Employee) –  work at homeAugust 6, 2018
I have never seen a company with so many IT issues that look to blame everyone but them. I worked with the HSN contract and they would post hours late, no notice of no hours at all, favoritism among assist and their spouses. The did not have PALs available when there were issues and the HR manager needs to find another career. He was quick to point the finger at me when there was records of issues with the Citrix login and management not being available.

No change of movement to another projects unless you are a favorite. Poor at home company to work for. Run fast and far if they offer you a job. I a, happy now with Broad-Path at home.

We were also told that pay was $9 an hour - however, when the holidays were over they lowered us to the state minimum.
Pros
Cons
projects, management, assists, supervisors, adherence rules, availability of PALs for issues
Poor management and not enough money
CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 2, 2018
Alorica in humble, Texas is not the best place to work if you are looking a job that pays well and good management. They do not work with their customers instead charge them for everything which leaves them upset with the representatives. You have to wait at least 20 minutes before you can receive help from manager with difficult situations. There is no positive work environment instead its always what we as Representatives are doing wrong.
I wanted more
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 1, 2018
I only worked for three months. I learned a lot about insurance and telecommunications. The work culture was too relaxed and the dressed code was not appealing. The people were kind but the retention of employees is inconsistent.
Easy going enviorment
Sales Representative / Calling Center (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 1, 2018
great environment to work from if you love the costumer service industry. very easy going company to work for loved my coworkers. managment could have been better.
They need to work on merale
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 31, 2018
They try to make it fun. I feel the mngmnt can help their employees more. There r times when u dnt have a supervisor to send the customer too when they ask for one.
Pros
They dnt discriminate
Cons
mngmnt can work with the eployees better
Things begin positive until after the 1st month.
Customer Service/Call Center (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78233July 23, 2018
Begin 15 mins before your shift to start computer systems, etc., then clock in at your desk, ready for inbound customer calls.
You never stop learning. In fact there is always changes pertaining procedures, etc.
Most of management is eager to assist your needs.
There is much diversity, so everyone feels welcome.
What makes it hard is having to search the new faulty system to find resolutions to the customers needs. Not everyone has the answers.
I enjoy meeting different people who enjoy life.
Pros
Earning lots of commission due to sales
Cons
Computer system issues
High School mentality of the Supervisors of teams.
Inbound Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXJuly 23, 2018
If the Supervisors were not telling you to sell items to the customers, they were constantly trying to get you into competition with other employees. They also would set the inbound calls high then sit in the back of the room and laugh when you became frustrated because you were needing to go to the restroom but could not because the call would reset after 30 seconds for the next call.
Pros
neighbors would help answer a question
Cons
high school mentatlity of supervisors
Desperate for a job that you will feel underpaid and undervalued, then apply here
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 22, 2018
Training does not prepare you for the real world. Medical insurance isn't worth paying for because it won't pay on anything even in network. Undervalued and dreaded the drive to work. Maybe your experience will better but at least stay to get your bonus but don't count on it being paid on time. Just shocked that a national firm undervalues their employees so much and yet screams how good they are to the community. However, if you absolutely need a job, and can type at all, I think it might be worth a shot. No thank you bartender, I'd rather stay home.
Pros
monday to friday
Cons
everything else
Ok workplace
Call Center Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cutler Bay, FLJuly 21, 2018
Alert that is a great place to work there are pros and cons to the business but overall it is a great business and experienceThey also have great benefits and 401(k) and also a great incentive when you have a great sales I would love to work at a local again someday
Pros
Free lunch in the incentive that you get when you say you sale
Cons
Good job just not for everybody
UPS Call Center/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 20, 2018
I didnt like the hours to a point it went from working a normal 8 hours to overtime from 9am to 8-9pm at night and on weekends will have to work from 9-2pm it was good money but was never home with my child, just to see them sleep,
call center agent
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2018
Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
Schedule appointments and maintain and update appointment calendars.
Hear and resolve complaints from customers or the public.
File and maintain records.
Fun workplace great people
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 13, 2018
It is a great company with great people. Easy going job with little to stress about, however a call center job isn’t for everyone. If you think it’s for you, alorica is a great place to work
Pros
Good people, fun workplace
Cons
Slow paced
out of business
Contact representative (Former Employee) –  29th st Topeka, KSJuly 12, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work here. The company went out of business. Could not keep contracts with business. Constant change of account or business working for. Not flexible with their hours.
Pros
incentives
Cons
no flexible schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alorica. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.2Fairygodboss Score

40%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss