Alorica Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 4,931 reviews matching the search See all 11,299 reviews
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saraland, ALMarch 21, 2019
Management sucks, the building sucks, the pay sucks. They have you doing so much time consuming work for only 10 hr. If you have $10.00 left after every paycheck after paying bills - consider yourself extremely blessed, because this is nearly impossible. This place is not for people with REAL bills and kids. This job is for someone who is fresh out of high school OR upper aged people who just need something to do.
Pros
Pto, Sit-down Job
Cons
Low pay, over worked, poor Management
Good Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 21, 2019
Alorica was a good company to work for. They was a highly professional job and had a professional environment. The pay rate is above average pay rate.
Hated it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 20, 2019
Worst company ever.....I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. The turnover rate is so high. I didn't even receive any communication from a manager in two months after switching to work from home
Sux
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAMarch 20, 2019
Sux big time .. management is horrible. Quality review system sux too. The trainer was great..but life on the floor was inconsistent and chaotic to say the least.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 20, 2019
If you have no life or children , then Alorica is for you. Just go in down and wither away at a keyboard while your management team walks around doing nothing, then berating you because you ask for help. You never know who your TL is for the day because they are always changing, just like your schedule. Who knows when you are supposed to work because it changes on a daily also.
Pros
Off on Sunday
Cons
Everything else
Wild World
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 19, 2019
I'll start with the positives because it goes downhill pretty quickly. I loved my co-workers, we were all bonded in misery and the break room was aesthetically pleasing. That being said, if you work here you're on your own. The customers are ruthless due to the other departments treating them poorly so by the time they get to you they want a manager. You can be really good at your job and still be at risk of losing it. The metrics are impossible to meet and before I had finished my training they were already training and hiring four more batches of 20+ people. The floor "support" will give you incorrect information, tell you to lie to the customer, and complain about the job right in front of you. Supervisors are looking out for themselves and will not help you or view you as human. Lunches were cut due to higher ups not meeting their own quota and coaching is a joke. The money is good but it is not worth the emotional scars it will leave you with. My advice if you just got this job or are going to take it despite my review: Don't miss any days or be late by even a second. You will be fired. Be careful walking around the building, the structure is awful and people run into each other turning the corner everyday. Be vigilant during your coaching. If your supervisor tries to tell you that you missed part of DTP, refute it. They do a LOT of coaching and will mark you down on accident and it could cost you your job. Befriend the security guards. The badges are wonky and you will need their help eventually. Lastly, always have an exit plan. There is no job security and you need to  more... have something set aside each paycheck in case they decide to pick you off. They term people on their lunch break, always do what's best for you. No amount of potlucks, arcade games, and pop music will change the fact that this is a JOB and these people want MONEY and TIME from you. Do not trust them.  less
Pros
12.00/hr, cool co-workers
Cons
no job security, inconsistent, selfish higher ups
Alorica
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  2103 Universal City Blvd, Universal City, TX 78148March 19, 2019
Alorica is a really cool place to work at, really enjoyed my time there and loved the rules they had. Management was amazing and understanding, they enforced the rules yes but it overall makes you a better worker bringing the company more salary.
Not Flexible, low pay, poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 19, 2019
This company changes stuff too much, for example the bonus structure. You’re supposed to be able to bonus if you meet all the criteria but it’s difficult to meet when they don’t want to work with you on personal matters involving changes in your schedule. They claim they’re flexible they’re not at all. Any schedule changes needs to be approved and it’s next to impossible and then your attendance is affected. The supervisors only care about themselves and getting bonuses for their team stats. Also no room for growth, and no raises, they definitely don’t pay that great for what they ask of you. Not worth the headache. They basically hire anyone but if you have a college degree like me this place is a joke.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Terrible management and pay
Stressful job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAMarch 18, 2019
It's a pretty calm work place . Your just answering calls all day and sitting at a desk wasn't exactly the job for me . I like to get to work physically then just sitting in one place
Good pay with 40+ hours a week
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 18, 2019
If you need a full time job to pay bills and don't mind dealing with angry people, this isn't a bad place. The reason I didn't like it is because I don't feel like they train you well but at the same time they don't care if you're trained well. They just want people on the phones. All the knowledge and information needed to do your job comes later. No complaints about the pay, it was great! You can get moved up easily if you do your job right. Overtime pay is great especially during the holidays! You get extra money just for referring people so if you like get your whole family up in there! I'd recommend it. The only reason I left was because I was forced to be in a department I didn't want to be in. (ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW IS HOW TO FINESSE OVER THE PHONE, and you're good :)
Pros
good pay, cool coworkers and managers, great overtime
Cons
short breaks, angry people, no training
It was a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 18, 2019
I enjoyed working there. The pay was decent but the only downfall was poor management. The whole team would have flags up because our calls were being escalated to the manager but she would be too busy playing games or missing in action so managers from other teams would have to come help us out. If we put customers on mute to ask for assistance they would call and talk to us any kind of way for having customers on mute. That’s something I could not deal with so I left.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management
Fun place to work but pay sucks
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 18, 2019
Great company and has normal call center drama but as long as you stay to yourself everything will be ok!!! I just wish that they would raise the rate of pay per hour!!!
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Not enough pay
Easy to get hired
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 17, 2019
They'll literally hire anybody on the spot. But the place is full of drama from management to staff. They can't keep a contract with a buyer for long, that's why they're always being brought out and jobs are always being lost.
Pros
You get paid, spirit weeks, and parties
Cons
Management, pay, no room for real growth
easy money
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 16, 2019
this job is perfect for someone who just need a job to get by, you are guaranteed your fulltime hours and often have to do mandatory overtime, you basically sit in your cubical all day on the phone and collect a check, the easiest job you can have, only problem is the numerous potlucks and access to snacks, might put on a few pounds
Pros
guaranteed hours, unlimited overtime
Cons
pay, advancement
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 15, 2019
Answer calls. Constant change. Employees are great, managers not so great. Always afraid of losing contract and having to start over in different department.
alorica was fun place but also a hard working job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saraland, ALMarch 14, 2019
its okay working there for me personally the people there are good people and nice maybe one day i will go back it also was a good pay rate i do recommend a friend if they love customer service.
Not the worst/Not the best
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 14, 2019
Alorica isn’t the best call center but it’s not the worst. Some people will love it, some will hate it. The hours and scheduling are RIDICULOUS! They will not work with you for personal needs. You can have an early shift if you’re on time everyday and don’t take more than the allotted time for breaks and lunch. If you’re not great with attendance then you will default to the closing shift(which is treacherous). Calls are either here or there, they can be back to back, or every 4 minutes. You CANNOT do crosswords or anything to keep you busy on slow days besides take a training quiz or research information in your job aid. Immediate supervisors are biased and talk about everyone in a group chat. They are strict on attendance for their own benefit(they get a bonus). At my particular location calls were monitored very closely and stats were given frequently. In conclusion, Newport News Alorica is not the worst place to work but it is SUPERR ANNOYING. Literally, not a joke.
Pros
Friendly environment.
Cons
Short breaks, minimal pay, high call volume
hour lunch break and sometimes good days
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saraland, ALMarch 13, 2019
When I was working here they was so unprofessional and they are so messy and they do not like to work with you at all they are so rude to their representatives and they did not want to help me relocate to another Alorica closer.
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
Poor management
Too much work, not enough pay
Insurance Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 13, 2019
It's like 3 job in one. Only $10 an hour unlike whats advertised. There's so much drama, just like high school all over again. The management is too quick to get angry. No respect here at all.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay, Coworkers, management
Shady
CSR (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYMarch 13, 2019
This company is so shady in how they handle their discipline, management is slack and only out for themselves. Avoid this place if you don't want to constantly feel like ripping your hair out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alorica. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Alorica.

Powered by Comparably