Alorica Employee Reviews for Technical Support

Found 386 reviews matching the search See all 8,127 reviews
Stressful
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mauldin, SCSeptember 17, 2018
I’m looking everyday for something else they grade you on everything and quick to write up if you stuck on call and don’t take your breaks on time..they will mess up your check and act like they don’t want fix it..management sucks loud ratchet work they have they favorites
Pros
Cons
Management, benefits, etc
Pays well but stressful and uncertain
Sprint Advanced Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 31, 2018
Tech support at Alorica is a tough job. You're constantly learning how to support the latest communications devices, which is interesting, but the company is much more interested in taking as many calls as possible (appearing busy) than actually solving customers' technical problems (being productive). That tension makes the job a thankless one, especially as cell phones become more complex (and hence the fixes are more time-consuming). And there's a pretty good chance your job will be outsourced at a moment's notice.
It was ok
Samsung Technical Support Callback Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 21, 2018
See above. Regimented hourly time management. Calls dictated by customer incoming call amount/site staffing. Reasonable metric requirements. Small raises
great work place
Sales representative/tech-support (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 15, 2018
very fun work place. Very big office and clean. Everyone is hard working and does there job. Great team leads and competitive pay plus bonus and gifts to employee.
Busy, a lot of talking
Advanced Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 8, 2018
Not a job for someone who hates talking on the phone. There is a lot of technical stuff as well as angry customers. You better solve the issue quickly, too.
Alorica is a Typical Call Center Environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Magna, UTAugust 6, 2018
Technical support work was fun. As a part time employee there weren't many opportunities to advance. They were flexible for family needs. Wages were sorely lacking, but did help my part time needs with a large family and car repairs etc.

Having never met a CEO I'd say he runs the Call Center Business in the manner needed to turn a profit.
Pros
Flexible Family Time
Cons
Rules applied by various contracts are often unreasonable
Stressfull, NO raises, shift change whenever they chose, filthy work facility.
Comcast Business Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 27, 2018
Hated to go to work every day! Filthy work facility. No raises.Constant change. Stressful job. Changed your schedule whenever they wanted to. Only 30 minutes for lunch.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
short lunch, no raises, constant change, filthy work environment.
horrible work place
Trainer/Internal Tech Support/Adjudicator (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAJuly 18, 2018
horrible work place and experience. There is so much drama and chaos in this building it makes it very difficult to go to work keep your head down and do your job.
Overworked, Underpaid
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 10, 2018
Not worth the small amount of money they give you. They also are NOT flexible at all with your schedule/life and are constantly threatening to fire people every day.
Worst sort of call center job
Technical Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 8, 2018
Only go there if you need some experience under your belt to move on to greater things. That's all it's good for......................................
Pros
job experience
Cons
everything else
working for alorica
att tech support rep (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 6, 2018
when I worked for Alorica the people there were disrespectful to the clients and would always treat other co-workers. the work time was a mess I had at least 9 breaks since I worked there
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Culture is key to Success
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 3, 2018
Experience is based on perception, but a typical day for me is very enjoyable. My co-workers are fun to work with and management is fair specifically looking for those that want to grow and lift up others.
Working at Alorica
Advanced Technical Support - Production Agent (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 30, 2018
Before the closing of this company in our area. Life was a great community at Alorica, As an employee I enjoyed going to work everyday. The one thing I didn't like was that Alorica never gave raises. We use to get .25 every year before Alorica took over and took that away from us. The economy changes and that part didn't grow with our area. Alot of fun with the culture dept coming up with ways to keep fun at work and spirits uplifted. The hardest part of the job was being moved from one dept to another pay changing through the adjustments . I was able to move up in the company but would be put back as agent when no classes. I think a better mentorship would benefits those of us who were wanting to move up in the company instead of the we need you now and when we are done we will send you back to the trenches.
Pros
enjoyed my job, working with great teams & the competitions, training new employees to become part of the Alorica family
Cons
no raises, benefits not good unless management
Great Place to Work
Operations Team Manager Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 28, 2018
Management is very Fair and dedicated to there Employees as long as they come to work :). I highly recommend Alorica because of the people and the Management.
Fun place to work
Geek Squad Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Magna, UTJune 18, 2018
Inbound call center to help clients with their routers modems, computer, printers, software use, passwords,
I worked 4 10 hour shifts with weekends off.
I was happy with training,
The hardest part was sitting for long periods of time, only 10 minute breaks.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
No pay raises
A bit confusing!
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Magna, UTJune 14, 2018
This call center wasn't very explanatory in what they wanted me to do. First off i'd answer calls for customers and close off nicely. The technical part was self explained until the major issues came up. No help at all. Ask for help you get ignored.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Don't do it
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Greentree, PAJune 4, 2018
Do not come and work here. First of all mgmt lies and unhelpful. Secondly hr & recruiting lies. The pay not that good even with incentives. The locations in Pittsburgh the hardest to get two. Just don't work here find other starter companies to go too
Pros
Right off the one bus
Cons
Everything else not mentioned
not too bad not that great
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 25, 2018
took calls and best help with the situation at had.
I learned the in and out of support
the management was promoted internally.
unsure of workplace culture.
keeping up with the demand.
meeting my fellow coworkers
Pros
the job was easy to pickup
Cons
so few people we were not able to keep up with the calls
Call Center
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 22, 2018
• Effectively collaborated with team members in repairing various hand held devices for companies
• Managed personal accounts of multiple customers daily
Productive and quick working environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 22, 2018
Great working skills learned and improved. The hardest part is maintaining time, too long calls. Management is always there for you they're great but expect a lot from you.
Pros
Long calls
Cons
Environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alorica. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.6K
32.2K
21.2K
11.7K

See reviews about

Diversity score

79out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Alorica.

Powered by Comparably