Alorica Employee Reviews for Technical Support

Found 399 reviews matching the search See all 11,130 reviews
great for building confidence and communication skills
Tech Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Lake Stevens, WANovember 9, 2018
Alorica is a great place to learn communication skills over the phone along with in person if the opportunity to guide a team is given to you. management can be tough some times but the biggest priority is simply having a great attitude. everyone around is great but the upper management is unable to meet any request of pay raise or bonus as the company works through contract and can make it difficult to meet such request.
Working at Alorica
Advanced Technical Support - Production Agent (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 30, 2018
Before the closing of this company in our area. Life was a great community at Alorica, As an employee I enjoyed going to work everyday. The one thing I didn't like was that Alorica never gave raises. We use to get .25 every year before Alorica took over and took that away from us. The economy changes and that part didn't grow with our area. Alot of fun with the culture dept coming up with ways to keep fun at work and spirits uplifted. The hardest part of the job was being moved from one dept to another pay changing through the adjustments . I was able to move up in the company but would be put back as agent when no classes. I think a better mentorship would benefits those of us who were wanting to move up in the company instead of the we need you now and when we are done we will send you back to the trenches.
Pros
enjoyed my job, working with great teams & the competitions, training new employees to become part of the Alorica family
Cons
no raises, benefits not good unless management
Not a great place to work.
Tech Support/Payflex Agent (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA/Spokane Valley, WAJanuary 27, 2019
Management was not as up to par on helping their agents as much as they needed to be. I was given one weeks notice for getting my QA's up or I was fired, they said they would help me and never did. They fired me after they threw me to the wolves.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short lunches, No parking if shift was later, Too much gossip and not enough help, Leads always standing around talking to friends
Very lousy place to work
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLApril 25, 2018
I've got years of experience in the it field, and this is easily the worst place I've worked. Low pay, benefits are a joke, and not in a good way. Medical insurance is atrocious, and completely useless, better off without.
Long hours, and they try to figure out ways to avoid paying for overtime, like moving schedules around. Training is adequate but most of the tools don't work when you need them (all the tools run within a citrix environment on the client's system in Texas.)
I'm on a project working for one of the largest computer manufacturers in the world, and yet there aren't enough monitors to go around, go figure. Forget about assistance from a supervisor if you aren't besties with them, they'll walk right by and watch agents flounder on a call.
This is the first place I've ever worked where there are no, repeat no paid holidays. If you're not scheduled on them nothing, if you are you get time and a half.
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement, schedules, management, benefits
Just a stepping stone
Global Tech Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 18, 2018
With this job it is a lot of politics and who knows who so you can move up with in the company. A lot of the time it is a lot of drama and as if you were still in high school. People are sleeping with each other and that is how they get promoted and not fired.
good company
technical support/ customer service (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 31, 2018
cox was nice to work for Alorica was good to work for wish cox would have stayed . management had there favorites and it showed. work place cutler was supposed to be relationship free but management was different. hardest part of the job was they would tell us one thing then when we came back from our day off it had change and they didn't tell us but we would have a friend who would let us know . the most enjoyable part of the jb is the friends we made working there .
Pros
made me feel needed
Cons
they had favorites and it shows
Used to be a GREAT company!
Tech Support /Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Magna, UTJune 23, 2018
I used to love working for Alorica when they actually valued their employees. Policies and management have changed since then and everything has gone downhill.
Pros
Ok pay, Close to bus stop
Cons
Benefits are really bad, you have to pay half of your check to be minimally covered, Policies always changing, no job security
Stressfull, NO raises, shift change whenever they chose, filthy work facility.
Comcast Business Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 27, 2018
Hated to go to work every day! Filthy work facility. No raises.Constant change. Stressful job. Changed your schedule whenever they wanted to. Only 30 minutes for lunch.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
short lunch, no raises, constant change, filthy work environment.
Fun workplace
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Alorica Clark PhilippinesAugust 23, 2018
Fun workplace, compensation is great. alorica can help you improved your skills, and can provide advancement in your career. Great people fun to work with.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short break
bad training but decent train
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCFebruary 20, 2019
call center job to provide tech support for Samsung smart phones.
Not enough training provided for actual work performed . The management was pretty good though.
Pros
dwecent pay
Cons
not enough training
Fun place to work
Geek Squad Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Magna, UTJune 18, 2018
Inbound call center to help clients with their routers modems, computer, printers, software use, passwords,
I worked 4 10 hour shifts with weekends off.
I was happy with training,
The hardest part was sitting for long periods of time, only 10 minute breaks.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
No pay raises
Working with a bunch of kids and horrible management
Help Desk Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJanuary 9, 2019
No matter the age, you feel like you are working with a bunch of kids. They don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom, don't cover their mouths when they sneeze and constantly trading out equipment with each other. It was BEYOND GROSS!!! You also have to PAY for a cheap headset that is $30.00. I was promised a sign on bonus after 30 days of employment and only managed to receive 1/2 within 90 days. They do not have any type of agreement with neighboring states; while the pay is OK, you will pay double taxes. Also, there is no fire plan, no way to get medical attention if needed. They will not allow people that are Certified in CPR to help a co-worker as they don't care to open themselves up to a liability. One co-worker actually had a seizure while the "managers" stood back and watched. After 1 minute and 30 seconds, they decided to call 911. NO ONE ELSE was allowed to do anything about the situation. I do not recommend working here unless you like to stay sick and you don't worry about your life not being saved because no one is willing to step up.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Where to start
Very well paid jobs and nice people to work with
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Santo DomingoDecember 6, 2018
Is one of Santo Domingo's best places to work. Very friendly people to work with and great opportunities to earn money. They have daycare and lots of benefits.
Alorica is a Typical Call Center Environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Magna, UTAugust 6, 2018
Technical support work was fun. As a part time employee there weren't many opportunities to advance. They were flexible for family needs. Wages were sorely lacking, but did help my part time needs with a large family and car repairs etc.

Having never met a CEO I'd say he runs the Call Center Business in the manner needed to turn a profit.
Pros
Flexible Family Time
Cons
Rules applied by various contracts are often unreasonable
not too bad not that great
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 25, 2018
took calls and best help with the situation at had.
I learned the in and out of support
the management was promoted internally.
unsure of workplace culture.
keeping up with the demand.
meeting my fellow coworkers
Pros
the job was easy to pickup
Cons
so few people we were not able to keep up with the calls
it's ok to work there
Phone tech support for Costco members (Current Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLOctober 11, 2018
Place was just a job nothing to right home about. Was nothing to brag about there was some advancement but it seem to be for favorites. You can always go back.
Pros
breaks
Not a good Company,
Technical Support/ Order Entry (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 27, 2018
I was a awesome worker who always did what I suppose to, It took 3 yrs to provide me my first annual raise, they do not believe in you,
they let me go
Pros
Employees are Awsome!!
Cons
They take for ever for annual raise, they let good employees go, They have favorites with in the company, It hurts when accused for something I did not do or violate !! It hurts so much I just want to Cry
Um
Tech Support Representative/Escalations Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 10, 2018
Honestly the people there are awesome but I’m pretty sure you can pan out the rest, I worked there for awhile and I didn’t mind it because it’s easy to move up if you try hard enough and they hire anyone, you can figure out the issues there by reading other reviews but yeah.
Pros
Waffle and taco days
Cons
Not as professional as other companies
Typical week
Advanced Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 25, 2018
I liked everyone that worked in management, however the job itself is not for everyone. Must have thick skin to regularly deal with frustrated customers who berate you out of spite. It was rewarding when you were able to talk a customer down, or sell them up, or help them fix a technical issue. Lots of workplace pettiness and help was not easily obtained when asked for it, resulting in making customers more upset when you can't easily attempt to fix something.
Pros
Wonderful managers/trainers, generous free time during training, surprise food bonuses, "Rocky Bucks"
Cons
Stressful environment, outtdated slow computer systems that don't help much
Alorica provides a very good service to the community
Presently employed as Tech support (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 16, 2018
Alorica provides a very good service to the local community. Decent jobs for hundreds of people and is very accomodating to their employees. Fair production practices. Good people who want to perform well.
Pros
Accomodating pracices
Cons
The building could use improvements.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alorica. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

43%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss