Alorica Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 2,760 reviews matching the search See all 10,749 reviews
It was a job
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 23, 2018
Great starter job for people that have little or no job history, they’ll hire anyone that’s able to type and talk on the phone. Training was great, but the bulk of information is learned when you begin on the job training. This place was constantly firing and hiring new employees. Surveys is what will determine whether you’ll have a job or not, a few bad surveys whether your fault or not you’ll be fired. I never came across anyone besides the managers that had been at this place more than 1yr, that says a lot about this place in general. The people were nice and the pay was okay, floor walkers and tenure employees were always willing to help if you asked. Management was also friendly.
Pros
hour break, decent pay, overtime
Cons
Lack of benefits
Get hired but keep looking
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 26, 2018
Alorica is an entry level call center. That being said if you have 0 call center experience it's perfect. You can work their long enough to gain the experience necessary to find better, and after about 3 months you will definitely want better. There is minimal support when it comes to the managers be prepared to do everything on your own. They promote you quickly if you have good stats but most salary positions are taking pay cuts since you loose overtime. I'd recommend this job to someone who needs full time work and needs it immediately, or someone who needs some customer service experience.
Pros
Hour lunch, some incentives
Cons
poor management, inconsistent rules
Unprofessional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 2, 2018
I worked at Alorica for what would've been 2 years in November time flew by I was only there because (as we all do) i have bills and the 40/hr a week made it pretty convincing . Very unprofessional place to work, its no advancement, poor management& if you do not fit in or try to kiss up to the management team please understand that your job is at risk. I never got a raise while I was there .. maybe a bonus 2/3 times but it was never offen. For the amount of work they expect us to do I feel like the pay should be much higher. Its easy work depending on which department you are in but the calls will not allow you to catch your breath. I wouldn't recommend this job unless you are an elderly person who just wants to get out the house! Even then, this is too much for one person. You'll get overtime when its MANDATORY not when you really need it. They'll smack it into your schedule with NO notice. LOOK ELSEWHERE!!
Pros
40hrs promised per week.
Cons
No raise, Poor management
A few good people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 4, 2018
WARNING EXTREME FAVORITISM!! It is incredibly hard to advance and even when you do there is no pay raise. Even when you become a escalations supervisor. You can have the same amount of dings against you as another person and if they like them they advance and you get screwed. Management all has their heads up their butt. They don’t listen they just tell you how you should feel or act. Extremely frustrating and demeaning. There is a reason for the high turn over and it isn’t the customers you talk to on the phone
Pros
Sometimes free food
Cons
Everything else.
Good for someone who just needs a job, but not a good job to have.
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 11, 2018
I paid a outrageous amount for health insurance so my pay checks after working 40 hour weeks were like $150. They lie to me when I went on a LOA I was told my STD was 100 percent and my health insurance was being paid, my STD was 60 percent and my health insurance was not being paid. Working there anyone and everyone gets away with everything. Training is worthless. They finally implemented a 10 cent raise every 3 months. I dont recomend working there but it is a ok job if your in absolute need of a job.
Pros
Somewhere to work
Cons
Benfits are bad, managment is bad
Poverty wage/horrible management/middle school culture
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  floridaAugust 9, 2018
The work environment here is unlike any you will experience, imagine a middle school that decided to start a business and use its students as the employees.
The turnover here is constant.
Pay is not nearly a living wage and there are no pay raises no matter how well you individually do your job.
Management allows people to sit around and do little work for fear they'll quit if spoken to.
They'll attempt to force you into working the worst schedule if you're not strong enough to say no.
The management, policies and procedures here are as unprofessional as you most likely encounter in your working career.
Pros
Cons
bad pay, bad environment, lousy management
Run away!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHOctober 20, 2018
All I can say is--run away! run away!.

This company will lie to you from the start. They will tell you that the job is full time and you will get benefits after thirty days. And then halfway through training, the "center manager" will come in and tell you that "oh no. your a temporary employee and you have no benefits whatsoever, but if your real good, you may get hired full time somewhere down the road!" (and down the road could mean months or even years, they "just don't know"). Also, I have diabetes and I explained this to them from the start---didn't matter. The guy who was assigned to be my supervisor rode my butt and rode my butt every time I had to take that extra break to use the restroom--he didn't care what health issues I had. Our class started out with 22 people and when I left, only seven where still there. Like I said, run away! You can do better elsewhere!
Pros
Cons
everything
Unprofessional
Call Center Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 17, 2018
Alorica is very unprofessional and unorganized. They hire any and everybody. They don’t want to pay you for what you work. The benefits are not good. When it comes to certain things like getting a schedule changed or requesting days off it’s difficult because workforce never responds. You do not have a grace period so if you are scheduled at 9:00 be here at 9:00 or before cause at 9:01 you will be considered late and that does effect your attendance. Workforce will create a deviation for you the moment you clock in at 9:01am but can’t seem to respond to a simple change in the schedule. I started school on October 1st, my schedule request was put in at the beginning of September, I did not get my schedule approved until November 11th. I wouldn’t recommend 👎🏽
Great place to meet people from different areas of life...
Membership Consultant Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 17, 2018
Nice place to work. Talking to card members about keeping their cards can either be positive or a negative for someone that can keep their numbers up to be able to get a great bonus. Sometimes, you do not know if and when you'll get a bonus depending on the right or wrong way to keep a card member with the card that they are trying to cancel. Managers are communicative and teaching you the basic steps in having a conversation with a card member. Sometimes, a card member can be so abusive. No matter how nice you talk to them..they can be very mean for just doing your job. NO vacation times unless you have earned PTO. I feel the salary needs to be alot higher, knowing how the job can really stress someone out.
Pros
Sometimes you get awards for doing really well, and other times..you'll get a great lunch as a group.
Cons
The salary is too low and only a 10 min. break..
Stressful Workplace With Great Salary
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 9, 2018
The work place is messy, meaning a lot of the employees just got out of Highschool and are young and like to get into mess rather than do their job. Even the managers can be a bit messy, unfortunately I worked in an environment where it was just like that but I managed to ignore the pettiness and do my job. Now you start off full time and then mandatory overtime and next full time with optional overtime. So salary is great ! It’s a competitive job like most you get bonus money so that’s good. Just be able to multitask, have good customer service, and listen in training. They have a high turnover rate so that says a lot...
Pros
Salary
Cons
Horrible Work Environment
Relaxed/Fast paced/Great pay
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 23, 2018
I worked at an Alorica call center and enjoyed every bit of it. There were 4-6 weeks of paid training, fun environment, sociable management, and understanding work system. After training you do a week on the floor with a team manager and after that it was 3-4 weeks of supervision and you were graduated to another team manager but more so on your own. I worked under the Verizon project, very clerical project, easy job. Unlimited overtime, pay was raised during mandatory overtime hours could make up to $2,000 on a check. My highest check was $1500 and over 50 hrs.. I would really recommend Alorica to anyone. Whether at the call center or working at home they are always hiring. Great environment!
Fantastic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 22, 2018
I loved working for Alorica. The managers were nice and the employees were nice too. Their were a few bad bunch but that is normal for any job. They offered full benefits and schedules were dependent on your metrics. Every 90 days a schedule of 300 time slots are assigned for employees to choose what schedule they want for the next 90 days. This was done based upon how they did the prior 3 months. Meaning if you did a great job for 90 days your rank would be higher, which means a better pick of your schedule and 1st priority over someone lower ranked. I was able to get 2 great schedules because I sold well and came to work on time. Pay was good and we received bonuses. Great company to work for and a good introductory to a professional type of job.
Pros
pay, benefits, working atmosphere
Cons
Inconsistency of call flow at times, little breaks
Run
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 23, 2018
Literally when I saw new victims coming in for training I would say run. Upper management does not care about their employees. On a weekly basis we are told if you don't like it there's the door. Spent basically half my life there. No promotions, no raises, no appreciation. Too many false promises. Only reason I stayed was cause I needed a job. At times it was easy. You fall into a state of comfort and it stops you from advancing in the job place and in life.
Pros
Air conditioned building
Cons
You are treated as a number.
Cheep
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2018
Alorica does not give raises (even for cost of living) I have been working for them going on four years now and every year I take home less and less as my insurance goes up and there is nothing to off set the additional cost. I am by far not the only one that can no longer make ends meet and Alorica will do nothing to change it. I am looking for a new place to work as I do not feel valued as an employee. Entry level employees are allowed to treat management any way they want with no fear of termination or any reprisal for their abusive actions, we are told that the agent is king and we need to just get over it.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
extreamly high cost of healthcare, no respect, very low pay, no raises ever
great for building confidence and communication skills
Tech Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Lake Stevens, WANovember 9, 2018
Alorica is a great place to learn communication skills over the phone along with in person if the opportunity to guide a team is given to you. management can be tough some times but the biggest priority is simply having a great attitude. everyone around is great but the upper management is unable to meet any request of pay raise or bonus as the company works through contract and can make it difficult to meet such request.
Productive environment that helped me grow.
Team Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 1, 2018
As a manager worked 10 hours a day minimum under salary, learned how to manage a team and help them advance as a sales representative. Upper management was the problem at Alorica the mindset and the way they conducted them self created a hostile environment. Hardest part of the job was maintaining our metrics because they changed every week. The people I met at Alorica was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
As managers can use our cell phones.
Cons
Short Breaks 10 minutes for agents.
Deceptive proposal
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 25, 2018
When they hired me, they told me that I would earn bonuses in each performance of my training stages, but as I waived the training finale, having passed all the stages they told me that they would not pay me since they had changed the decisions. Additionally, it has supervisors like children with a megaphone playing boss roles, who treat applicants as we are beginners without knowledge ripping orders by megaphone, this is not professional since they interrupt conversations with customers, they demand a lot of compliance from employees but they do not meet as a company, do not be fooled
Pros
They have excellent clients as Toyota.
Cons
Poor management, and bad salary they do not comply with job offers.
do not work here
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 16, 2018
This is in regards to the Amex Membership Rewards section of this Alorica.

No one in HR knows anything, they do a mass firing almost every week, they send you home (often mandatory) if calls are not coming in quick enough (its usually those who are training that are sent home, which makes no sense), and they promise pay raises but you have to beg multiple people to be able to receive it. For example, a pay raise was promised for those who completed a part of training, those who were owed the raise had to ask a specific person in HR then was sent to someone else to inqure about the bonus, overall said people were redirected to 4 people in regards to back pay and raise; it has been about 3 paychecks/6 or so weeks and have yet to receive the pay.
There is constant noise on the floor, often heard by and complained about by customers that are on the phone. with the "rebranding" that Alorica is doing, about different incentives and whatnot they claim to make it easy to earn bonuses but that is far from the truth.
Pros
can move up in company
Cons
pay, Hr
Would not recommend for a long term position. Training needs to be more thorough. A difficult place to work because the training is not efficient
Medical Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 7, 2018
would not recommend Alorica for a long term career, Need improve benefits such as healthcare. A typical day at Alorica is answering the phone calls of member of BCBS of NJ. You have to answering their question quickly as possible by navigating the different systems. You have to get them of the phone quickly even though they may more questions than you intended to answer. You have to make sure that the member does not call back or it bring the agent scored down. very pressured job because you feel as though you haven't answered all the question and at the same time you are hurrying them off the phone to answered the next call. The job does have some advantage you get experience to see if you enjoy this type of work. It is a very fast pace job and you need to make sure you are listening to what the members are saying to you so you can answer the question correctly the first time around.
Pros
get breaks & lunches
Cons
healthcare, need better coverage, need to give more training. getting repeat callers
Good for Temp Work Only
worker (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, MOOctober 6, 2018
This is not a good company to work for. Their “benefits” are almost non existent. The healthcare either covers nothing or it is to expensive to use, and no one in the area accepts it. Getting a day off does not happen. If you are a new employee you are given less than a week off in a years time. It is impossible to accrue PTO. There is no sick leave. They require employees to work holidays (all of them). The management is unprofessional. You must be very very careful about everything you say and do. Words and actions are monitored, and some team leads can and will blow things out of proportion, then lie and blame you for mishandling a situation. You are less than a number in a seat when you work for these people. The pay is so bad that they have an employee charity and food pantry on site. They dont give raises but tell you that if you work hard enough that you will receive a bonus, and that is your raise. They never pay out the full bonus despite working hard to meet their requirements, and what portion they do pay is never paid on time. If this company tries to recruit you RUN THE OTHER WAY! Stay away from them! This is not a place you want to work!
Pros
There are no pros.
Cons
Poor healthcare options, no benefits, no sick leave or PTO, poor pay, can be very stressfull to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alorica. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Alorica.

Powered by Comparably