Alorica Employee Reviews

Found 9,657 reviews matching the search See all 10,744 reviews
Smoke breaks
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Niles, OHDecember 11, 2018
Not a good place to work. They are very judmental, pushy, and just all around rude. The hours are tough and if you don't like talking on the phone then this is not a good fit
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Everything else
Producrive and fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 11, 2018
Plenty of chances for bonus by meeting amd beating quotas. Overtime was mandatory during the holiday season. Usually october till after the first of the year.
People are allowed to be their true selves
Verizon Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYDecember 11, 2018
Good place to work, some trainers need to be retrained, some team managers need to fired, need to pay more, better benefits and paid vacation and pto.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Not enough pay.
Na
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 11, 2018
I did enjoy my time with the company and wish it didn't end like it did. If I had a chance to come back I most certainly would. I know I will miss all my coworkers and some of the management. now the front desk need some help. the attitudes
Horrible
Sales Agent (Gilbert and Main st, Mesa) (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 11, 2018
They blatantly lie about working with you!!! Management is questionable and treat everyone differently, rude disrespectful atmosphere. You will never be able to find HR when you need her.
Pros
They pay you in the back and stab you when you turn to walk
Cons
Favoritism, unreliable management
Flexible
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 10, 2018
My happiness here very much depended on a boss who treated us like adults who could manage themselves and make their own decisions. She was amazing and had our backs. I would have stayed longer. It just depends on who you get.
Pros
Had a good boss
Cons
Raises don't come often
Stressful
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Saraland, ALDecember 10, 2018
I recommend this for someone who handles working under pressure and can except criticism. Its a revolving door for a reason.!!!!!! Read online reviews
Pros
Pays good
Cons
A lot to learn in 3 weeks. Mostly learn on production floor.
Horrible environment and pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cutler Ridge, FLDecember 10, 2018
This place was the most horrific place to work. I was shocked to walk in to a filthy dirty office and find so many transient people working there. I felt like Alorica went out in a van and picked up every homeless, drug addict, poverty level employees to work here. One employee even pulled out a knife on her desk. Operations manager dressed like she was going to bed and had terrible hygiene.
Pros
Horrible place to work
Cons
Terrible all around
Helping with devices
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CADecember 10, 2018
Just being at Alorica inc was an good experience to me. I was able to meet lots of new and nice people while learning to work a system to help cell phone users with their devices and any other problem. Very big company with a lot of people to be helped and watch
Great schedule
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 10, 2018
Work hours are great,but not very pregnancy healthy,coworkers would come in smelling like marijuana every day and nothing was being enforced (drug free work place).
Pros
Hours
Cons
They do no implement rules
Love alorica
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 10, 2018
I love alorica. I just got caught up in a bad spot at at the wrong location where management did not want to do their job and it was easier for them to pass the buck.
Experienced Manager
Interim Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2018
As a Team Manager I would greet my agents daily and build a rapport as well as take attendance/tardy. Document and report attendance and enter in properly daily or for previous day that I was off. Analyze performance stats work with outliers and acknowledge top performers. Document training and coaching weekly or as needed for on the spot interactions. After managing team agents stepped into the role of the Operations Manager when they are unavailable or off. Managed the team leads to report all stats of their outliers and top performers.

Our culture was to acknowledge positively and give them all the tools that is needed to be successful in their work environment. Fundraising for those that need help. Show appreciation for those that have given their time and worked for years with the company.

The hardest part of the job was getting all your work done even if there was not enough time in the day to do so. While handling issues that arise at the last minute on a daily basis.The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the agents and other team members working together to be the top site.
Pros
Free lunches at times and bonus
Cons
Adding more work to your plate and not empathizing that you have a life at home
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PHDecember 9, 2018
The work experience was actually good since it helped to enhance my abilities most especially my communication skills. There's just things that the company needs to give attention but it doesn't affect the working experience.
Pros
Free meals, extended lunch
Cons
Short break, low salary, delayed on giving
Ok place to work
TRAVEL CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNDecember 9, 2018
I had a great manager who trained us at Alorica. The website has issues though therefore you are dealing with some upset customers. If they get a new system in place, would be more enjoyable.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Small lockers
Stressful environment but can be fun at times
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 9, 2018
Been working here over a year. It’s ok but certain environments are tolerable while certain clicks you would rather not be around with. It’s a job and my family needs me to work. That’s all of why I stay and work for. I have knee issues and if that was not an issue I would be somewhere else.
Pros
Paid time off. Calls are fun
Cons
Management is an issue.
Horrible, horrible place to work! Can't say enough negative things about them!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 8, 2018
If there was an ability to give negative stars, I would do it. This company is a joke. There are people that don't follow the dress code, and have had multiple warnings, but Alorica needs people so bad that they don't fire them.

The parking lot is unsafe. There are speed bumps only on the first row of parking. People fly around the lot in frustration because there are no parking spaces. People also park in tow away zones making it even harder to navigate the parking lot. These people are never ticketed nor towed.

There is only one lane to get around incorrectly parked cars, so if you meet someone, one of you has to back up. Since there is no parking, friends and family members pick people up after work.

These friends and family members sit in their parked cars blocking other people in and when you try and leave instead of backing up and moving on, they blow their horn at you. Most of the time these parked cars that are waiting for employees are two deep. They won’t move when you come up behind them.

I worked for Alorica for two months. I have a disability and needed handicapped parking. There was no handicapped parking because people would use someone else's handicapped sticker to get a parking space because parking is so bad. The overflow lot is a half mile away and you have to take a shuttle to work.

I had to quit because all the extra walking was making my disability worse. I had someone stand in a handicapped parking space and would not move to allow me in the space. They were saving the space for their manager.

Alorica HR and Payroll make
  more... mistake upon mistake. When I left the company, I was not paid for the headset I returned.

I called Payroll. Payroll said it was a HR issue. HR said it was a Payroll issue and would not call me back. It took over a month and numerous calls and finally an e-mail to upper management to get it straightened out.

What a runaround and no accountability for actions. No one does what they say they are going to do, and there are no repercussions for their actions.

There was also a mistake in my pay where I was paid at a lower rate after my pay increase was in effect. This has been over two months ago, and same runaround with HR and Payroll and still not resolved.

Comes from the top down of site managers not doing what they say they are going to do, so how can you expect HR and Payroll to do their jobs. (no enforcement)

Training classes are useless. The material is not relevant. Trainers show up late to class, take extra breaks, and leave early. Questions are not answered.

Run, run, run from this company. The quality of personnel in managerial positions is disconcerting at best. This company also has Labor Law violations for not paying its employees correctly and timely fixing their mistakes, not to mention serious Americans with Disabilities Act violations.

You will be taken advantage of and shortchanged. Steer clear!!!!!!! If I could give Alorica a negative rating, I would. This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Low pay, not enough parking, irresponsible unstrustworthy management
Call Center with a twist
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 8, 2018
For a Call Center it actually wasn't bad. My thing was with outgoing calls only so you only made about 8-9 calls a day plus a few emails. You are expected to maintain the company goals. The only real issues is the same as most large corporate places. Employees are treated as replaceable.
Pros
Great work enviroment, Easty work, fast days
Cons
Lack of comunication
The company in Terre Haute in closing down
Agent, taking (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 7, 2018
It was not a bad company to work for but in my area they are closing down the company. Taking calls and resolving billing, phone issue of the customer/
Cons
closing down
Yes it’s a job however please don’t stop looking
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2018
I took this job out of fear instead of faith. I was reading how no one could find a job so when they called i jumped. $10.00 an hour is not enough if you have a family and bills. If it is just you maybe so and that’s if you have no bills. They believe since so many people are working there then it must be okay however everyone I know is looking for another job including management.

You don’t want to struggle and trust me working here you will. Yes they mention how you can earn extra money but truthfully like a lot of people say 95% will not meet the QA score because they find little things all the time that brings it down. Next you won’t meet the break times of 10 minutes unless you just sit there. By the time you clock out and come back it is over the time.

For people that I know who really want to move up and have a decent life if you are raising a family you have to look elsewhere. You can definitely take it until you find something else but don’t get caught up and stop looking for more work.

A lot of people working here struggle and it’s not a good feeling trust me you want a better life and corporate could care less how much you make. They know you can’t live off what they pay and honestly you deserve to give yourself every opportunity you can. This is not long ng term!!!
Pros
Great people and atmosoheree
Cons
Incredibly low pay
I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CADecember 7, 2018
A typical day at work: You log onto your computer. You answer a phone call on the computer with your headset. 9 out of 10 calls are angry customers because someone lied to them in the store about how their plan works. 3 out of 10 calls they ask to speak to your manager. You plead with your manager to take the call because you will likely fail the survey if the customer takes it even if you were honest, accurate, and kind despite the rudeness of the customer. The manager will try to talk you into taking the call anyway. The customer hangs up angry. You're required to call the angry customer back, now in an attempt to avoid them getting the survey call. Unless they tell you not to call them anymore, you must call back a minimum of 3 times. If you fail a survey, you are at risk of losing your job. The only people who pass surveys are good at finding reasons to transfer customers to another department, or they get lucky and have a nice customer, or they have extremely perfect phone etiquette. You are supposed to be able to challenge a failed survey, however, few managers will send them up and the criteria for it to be overturned is almost impossible. You will find yourself not wanting to get back on phones after every break and will try to find ways to get out of taking calls including attempting to extend your training where you listen to one of your calls with your manager and they point out everything you did wrong. They then write up a contract for you to sign saying you will work on what you did wrong. If you make the same mistake again, you will be given a warning. If you  more... make that same mistake again, you may be fired. Now if this were a big blunder of a mistake, I would be fine, but they are literally talking about greeting the customer before you move on to the next part where you try and discover the issue. If you don't do it in this order, even if the customer doesn't want to talk about that, you failed.

What I learned: Don't work here. EVER, FOR ANY REASON!

Management: They are terrible. After a year, I became one because they had a potential legal issue on their hands if they didn't promote me. Somehow my digital application online was never submitted on their end. (Most likely someone playing favorites) When I became a manager and worked under the Operations Manager, They were basically telling us we need to write up people and get them fired if they aren't performing at the near impossible level. We aren't talking seasoned people because the turnover rate is so high, we are talking about the people who just got out of training. If you don't write them up, you will be written up or fired. As an individual on the phones, you can bonus. As a manager, your whole team stats are taken into consideration for you to receive a bonus. Unless you are placed with the elite employees as their manager, you will likely be writing people up more than you will be training them. You will be lied to by your team because they are constantly put in an impossible situation. If your team is ranked low, you will be put on the least desirable shifts with the worst people in the site because they are also assigned the worst shifts. If you have the best stats, you will get the best schedule with the best and most tenured people. This makes improving your position nearly impossible. This means the same people will continue to bonus.

Workplace culture: Nonexistant. You are staring at a computer on the phone constantly. Your breaks are in a tiny crowded breakroom or outside in a tiny fenced area where people are smoking. The snacks are super expensive. They do give free little caesars pizza once a week if you can stomach it. They sometimes have vendors and snacks come in. They have training that is mostly useless or is just announcing a new product for you to sell. The ambulance will visit regularly because of a large number of panic attacks. I saw someone wheeled out in a gurney at least 6 times during my year there. That's an average of once every two months. When I was in the emergency room myself, the doctor said people come in from where I work all the time because of stress-related problems. You will get fat and lazy there if you don't work out daily. Sitting for extended periods on a computer causes all sorts of health problems. The air is musty and the computers are always dusty and dirty. Bedbug outbreaks are frequent, lice and cockroaches are common as well.

The hardest part of the job: Surprisingly isn't taking the calls from the angry customer, it is dealing with management to gain any type of support. The calls are a close second though.

The most enjoyable part of the job: That one rare kind customer you talk to on the phone, and getting off work. Thos are the only enjoyable parts of the job.

I wouldn't ever work here again, I'd rather be homeless. I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy and that's being nice.
Pros
Cons
Poor managment especially upper management, low pay, high stress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alorica. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight