Alorica Employee Reviews

Found 8,012 reviews matching the search See all 8,707 reviews
Advancement Opportunities
Regional Workforce Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 9, 2018
Alorica offers plenty of opportunities for advancement, preferring to promote from within whenever possible. I worked with a lot of great people over the years in the Fresno/Clovis sites.
Don't make this job a career...
Classified (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WANovember 9, 2018
I was employed with Alorica (aka West, aka Dakotah Direct) for over 15 years in total! Started on the phones when the company was Dakotah Direct/West and there were actual programs worth being on. After a few years, I landed in a job working with management and absolutely loved what I did and the people that I worked closely with. However, once Alorica bought West in 2015 the company went downhill. When I say downhill, I say that in regards to every aspect of the job. Clients didn't renew contracts, veteran agents and management chose to leave the company, less paid time off, no holiday pay as hoped, upper management disconnect, the corny CEO, very low pay, no raises, and let's not forget the extreme elementary style work environment. Lastly, I can't forget to mention the insane amount of layoffs which is what I became the victim of just 10 days before Christmas, but realize now that it was a total blessing in disguise. So if you are in desperate need of a job, then I would say apply knowing it's only short term. You deserve a better career than what Alorica could ever provide...trust me.
Pros
401k, weekends off, location.
Cons
No paid holidays, low pay, no raises, expensive healthcare benefits, fake upper management, elementary style work environment, high turnover rate, etc.
Call Center with Many Issues, but Gives Life Lessons
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 8, 2018
my typical day with Alorica included many stress-inducing meetings with our boss to let us know how badly we have been doing and telling us that we needed to fix our numbers, but our boss would never give us a solution or a plan to follow in order to fix it. This seems to be the case with many BPO call centers that are trying to keep themselves afloat so bad that they are slave-drivers to the agents that take the phone calls and generate revenue for them first-hand.

though the management experience wasn't great, i found my time as a call center representative a mind opening experience. the customers that you spoke with were all sorts of entertaining or crazy that you begin to understand how American consumerism works in the customer service industry. you will definitely see a lot of entitled customers, but that is only because of how customer service works, and you will learn that they are mad at the brand, not you.

very good pacing of breaks, they schedule them for you and they are 15 minute paid breaks, and 30 minute lunches in a day. plenty of overtime available and they never send agents early, so you will always get a full paycheck.
Pros
Consistent Schedule, Long Paid Breaks
Cons
Prideful Upper Management, No Solutions to Certain Call Types
Fun place to work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 8, 2018
I worked for Alorica for over 3 years and loved the people I worked with. I watched the company grow from the ground up at this location. TMs and agents are always willing to help one another if needed. Over all amazing people.
Pros
The mood.
Cons
building is roasting during the summers.
Productive place for work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 8, 2018
I learned from customer a lot .the manager gave me a lot of support and acknowledge to be successful.they care about employee.they gave me a good experience
Pros
Free lunches
Work schedule is fixed, and weekends off
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 8, 2018
Diverse work culture and fast-paced environment. There are various activities for employees and opportunities to work as a team to achieve company goals.
Pros
Customer appreciation and employee activities that offer insight to diverse cultures
Cons
Breaks and lunches could be extended
Best job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXNovember 8, 2018
At alorica, It was one of the best jobs yet. Your schedule was set. Due to your how well you were scored on you phone call you could earn a bonus every pay period. As well as the company offered games and prizes to employees.
Pros
cookouts, breaks
Productive!
Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph, MONovember 8, 2018
Love my job it’s a fun place to work. Great hours. Good pay. Benefits. Paid time off. I’m off by 5 which is awesome come out and apply! We would love to have ya
Good Place to start
At&t Internation Rep (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 8, 2018
depends what department you are in but its a professional location
Pros
Good hours and good pay
Cons
depends on your persona
Love my coworkers and boss
Title clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph, MONovember 8, 2018
I love my department, I have an awesome boss and amazing coworkers that actually make it enjoyable coming to work each day, I wish the pay was higher but it is nice to come in each day and not hate my job because of a terrible boss or snarky coworker so I feel very blessed to have found my niche here.
Pros
Flexibility, great people
Cons
Low pay, no paid holidays

Want to know more about Alorica?

Ask a question
Guaranteed hours
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CANovember 8, 2018
The only good thing besides helping my customers at Alorica was the guaranteed hours. Before I needed a special accommodating schedule, you knew you would get at least 40 hours per week. I worked there for 2 and a half years.
productive
Customer Service Tech Support (Promoted) SS Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 8, 2018
A typical work day at work is productive, what i learned is how to remotely log into computers and routers, the management there okay. workplace culture is diversity, hardest part of the job is qa, the most enjoyable part of the job is when you get your incentatives.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
incentives
Na
Telephone Banker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 8, 2018
A typical day at work includes learning new system training. Management not always easy to reach for help. Really diverse, hardest part is sitting for long periods of time. Most enjoyable meeting new people or when employees voices are being heard.
Very good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 7, 2018
Working at alorica was a amazing experience they were very welcoming . Everyone was friendly . I’m thankful for the experience I got working there ...
Upper management killed it
Customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 7, 2018
Everything was very disorganized and poorly run.
Management wouldn't listen to workers about things that could improve productivity which resulted in Alorica's decline and fall.
No pay raises
No opportunities for advancement unless you blindly followed management's bad ideas
Amazing place to work at
Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 7, 2018
I loved working at alorica with my fellow work buddies and The team leads are super great too, If you want to be there, they will work with you to develop your skills.
Title Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph, MONovember 7, 2018
I currently work here and love the people and the management. The pay is reasonably for the work that is done. My favorite part of my job is interacting and helping customers.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Saraland, ALNovember 7, 2018
Everyone was very nice and willing to help. They made it very easy to work there. I would go back again . The trainers were very knowledge able about the product.
Pros
Very Flexible
Cons
No taking notes
work day
Customer Service Prior Authorization Rep (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 7, 2018
work day was great stressful at times but okay once you got the role of things you had to do as a rep. there was no room for moving up though only bad thing
Poor management
HEALTH INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 7, 2018
Needs to listen to employees and upper management needs to have realistic goals. The employees are not given the correct resources or training to properly do their job causing stress and chaos.
Pros
Lower management is always helpful.
Cons
Benefits, pay, upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alorica. Our community is ready to answer.

52K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Alorica.

Powered by Comparably