Alpha Media Employee Reviews

Fun, but needs more
Traffic Director (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2018
Fun work environment, but very demanding. Demands do not offset compensation. Could be a great company, but there needs to be more emphasis on employee value.
ok
promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 19, 2018
They dont really think about their employees too much. They dont promote the employees that need to be promoted and does not take care of their overworked employees.
Fosters a great work environment
SENIOR CERTIFIED MARKETING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMay 31, 2018
Alpha Media always gave the tools to be successful. They surrounded us with success so we could be successful as individuals and as a team. The managers were hands off which allowed us to perform at such a high level. Just by having trust in your team.
Don’t even think about it.
Traffic Director (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOMay 4, 2018
This place is horrible. They give you a tremendous amount of responsibilities with little to no training and even less pay. Management sucks and is only worried about controlling your every move. They give you all this responsibility and no power to do what you need. Your a puppet on a string
Pros
Customers bring in free food sometimes.
Cons
Too many to list.
Alpha Media, if you're interested in radio...
Promotions Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 8, 2018
It wasn't the worst place to work, but definitely not someplace I would ever consider working again. If you're interested in radio broadcasting, it's a good place to learn some and try to get on the air. But the management was not so good while I was there and since it's radio, you wont be paid a living wage.
Pros
Very relaxed business culture. For street team, hours are flexible, kind of. Lots of free tickets to events and swag. Opportunity to meet musicians/celebrities.
Cons
Constantly changing hours/shifts, and management wasn't so good.
Great
Internship (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 2, 2018
Awesome
Fun place to work at.
Great people.
Good hours.
Tons of learning and a lot of experience coming from this internship.
Friendly People.
Highly Recommended.
Board Opt
Board Operator/Producer/ Supervisor/ On Air (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Very under paid in all categories. Fun work atmosphere. Great intro to the radio job world. Management likes to make quick fixes and fire lower employees instead of punishing the people who deserve it
Great Job For A Student
Street Team Member / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 27, 2018
Working at Alpha Media Broadcasting is a great job for temporary purposes. Such as, a college student looking for a part time job. There is very room for career advancement here. However, the do have a great environment to work in.
Pros
Free Concerts.
Cons
Pay, Hours, Lack of Career Advancement
Horrible Working Environment No advancement possibilities
Radio Technician (Former Employee) –  Cameron, MOJanuary 21, 2018
Stay Away... STAY FAR AWAY.... This is a terrible place and company to work for. NO COMMUNICATION.. funny that its a Radio Station. Terrible GM.. THE WORST. Just bad all around... Stay away.
A place where anyone can fit in!
Promotional Team Member (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 20, 2018
This was my absolute dream job. Being in radio is unlike anything else I have ever experienced in my life. Being on air and talking to your listeners about anything and everything you feel brings so much satisfaction to the table. The pay was great, the co-workers even better, and the opportunity to advance came quicker than I could realize.
Pros
Opportunity to advance, face-paced work enviornment, talking to all listeners on a daily basis
Cons
Company is known for doing a lot of cutbacks and layoffs
Lack of training and difference in values
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 16, 2018
With proper training anything can be accomplished. My first day I was given a stack of forms and told to call businesses to setup appointments and sell them our services. I reviewed the forms each form is a different service we offered and prices. The first part of training is trial and error with almost no help or feed back from supervisors. Approximately a month into the job I finally received online training that made the job much easier and I was more successful. Having finally received the training required to succeed I was excited about the success I was achieving.
A new supervisor was brought in who felt that the one day a week I used my break to pick up my children from school was not fair to him. He may decide to have a meeting on that day and that I need to decide what is more important.
Pros
I learned more about marketing and advertisement
Cons
The lack of values
Fun place to work, good staff of people
GENERAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 11, 2018
Friendly yet competitive among the sales staff. All departments worked well together. Mission statement was work hard, play hard, grow. No two days are alike, always something to keep you busy and challenge you.
Pros
The people
Cons
Slow market growth
Fast paced Radio station
BUSINESS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Cameron, MODecember 21, 2017
A fast paced radio station that is never the same thing two days in a row. Using several operating systems to complete daily work load. I have learned a whole new world, the radio world and all it's terms and ins and outs. How radio works from selling the ad, entering the contract, writing the copy, scheduling the commercial on air. and finally sending the logs into automation for programmer to run on air.
Pros
flexible schedule with kids in school
Cons
very hectic at times
This is ridiculous
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 7, 2017
I do not agree with forcing people to complete reviews for each of the companies that a person worked. I would prefer to simply pay for the indeed service.
Difficult but great work environment
Assistant Business Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 31, 2017
I only left this company due to an accident that caused me to be out of work for a few months in which they could not operate without someone in my position.
Great, Hardworking People
Afternoon On-Air Personality (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 24, 2017
After a number of corporate handoffs due to mergers and buyouts, Alpha Media is in a good place, it seems. The best part about my current location is the people and how they all seem to understand that we're in it together.
Exciting, Fast-Paced Environment for Broadcast Professionals
Weekend Traffic Reporter (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 22, 2017
I chose to work part-time on weekends, generally 1 or 2 days per week, and on holidays. I have learned how to manage the Golden State Warriors broadcasts, Sound Forge, RCS and other radio programming software necessary for broadcast. I serve as a traffic and weather reporter for 3 individual and separate radio stations in the East Bay, broadcasting reports twice an hour for each radio station. The most enjoyable part of this position is that I can serve the communities and Bay Area counties I hold so very dear. It is my way to give back to the community in which I grew up, by offering important necessary information to assist listeners maneuver through and make decisions about their day.
Pros
Awesome, professional team to work with!
Cons
None!
Great and fun place to work
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 6, 2017
I love working for Alpha Media. Granted, I'm only on the street team. Working on the street team comes with a lot of cool benefits such as free concert tickets, meeting musical artists, and all the connections you make on the way. Everyone I've met working at Alpha Media has had nothing negative to say about the company.
Fun Place to Work
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 28, 2017
The atmosphere was quick-paced and there was always something new to do in terms of job sites. However, the hours were very spotty and sometimes would go a few weeks without work hours.
Fun place to work
Vice President, Branding (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 3, 2017
Right team, right leadership that worked very well together, very high energy group. Entire team was out of the box thinkers with positive results around the efforts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alpha Media. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight