Alpha Media Employee Reviews

Larger Company Downsizing
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSNovember 1, 2018
Had a perfect Job as Sales Manager. Sale of station eliminated my position. Loved working with the sales people. Manged sales numbers and goals on a daily basis.
Its relationships, not sales
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 29, 2018
Working alongside multiple talented individuals on a variety of campaign driven objectives to ensure overall client success. Engagement with listeners at community events.
Pros
Radio station perks, tickets, etc.
Cons
Insurance
enjoy meeting new people and using interpersonal skills
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAOctober 29, 2018
Most enjoyable part of the job is the different people that you get to meet and build relationships with. Creativity and the ability to hear no are a must for anyone entering the Account Manager position within Alpha Media. You must also be willing to learn and embrace new tools that are used to market businesses.
Great work environment and we were a very close as a team even though we were competitive with each other
Senior Account Executive - Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 2, 2018
Very supportive work environment. A very close sales team and I'm very close still with some of my fellow team members. The only thing I didn't like was game day where each of us had to do a list of 200 cold call prospects. We had 8 account executives so 200 each was 1600 cold calls each game day. There are only 8000 businesses in Fredericksburg so after a few weeks we had saturated the business community but game day continued.
Pros
10 to 15% commission on my sales
Cons
They did not reimburse for mileage when meeting with prospective clients or existing cl8ents
Great learning environment for beginners
On-Air Personality (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 24, 2018
If you're interested in creating or managing web and social media platforms, there's a lot of training seminars, webcasts and recorded decks to sink your teeth into.
Pros
Concert Tickets and Sporting Event Tickets
Cons
Short staffed in many important areas
Fun & Collaborative Place to Work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 12, 2018
Alpha Media is a fun and collaborative place to work at. Don't expect to just sit at your desk and quietly process your work for the day. Plan on being collaborative, communicative, involved in the community, and have fun! Adopt the play hard - work hard mentality and you'l fit in great!
The environment was somewhat welcoming
Promotions, Programming, and IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2018
I got promised time and time again that I would receive a promotion and I never did. The salary compensation was never feasible. I felt that at some point I was sacrificing my integrity just to make my superiors happy. It was a lot of work for very little pay. Great start to entry level radio, but career wise did not look promising. I worked in other departments and made myself available to learn as much as possible and when I became proficient in these areas, I was taken advantage of and my worth never appreciated.
When you love what you do but not who you do it for......
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousJuly 25, 2018
Absolutely LOVE the work. The majority of the team is passionate in their work and love seeing the team succeed.

Unfortunately, the TOP is focused so much on the bottom line and their bonuses that they have lost sight of the mission and what drives the success of the business.

LOVE what you do and WHO you do it for.... that is the ultimate goal of most staff.

Integrity, Honesty and True Leadership are needed for this company to grow.
Pros
team!!! FUN work and co-workers
Cons
micromanagement; scapegoat atmosphere
If management has changed; I would recommend working for Alpha Media.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 10, 2018
Alpha Media, LLC is a good company. Sometimes mistakes can be made on management choices. When you have a bad manager, it can lead to discord in the staff. This was a great group of stations to work for; I did for 12 years - very loyal. Understand the manger I speak of is no longer there; therefore, I am sure that Alpha Media is a great place to work again. I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Great consistent training and great compensation.
Cons
job security
Fun, but needs more
Traffic Director (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2018
Fun work environment, but very demanding. Demands do not offset compensation. Could be a great company, but there needs to be more emphasis on employee value.
ok
promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 19, 2018
They dont really think about their employees too much. They dont promote the employees that need to be promoted and does not take care of their overworked employees.
Fosters a great work environment
SENIOR CERTIFIED MARKETING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMay 31, 2018
Alpha Media always gave the tools to be successful. They surrounded us with success so we could be successful as individuals and as a team. The managers were hands off which allowed us to perform at such a high level. Just by having trust in your team.
Don’t even think about it.
Traffic Director (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOMay 4, 2018
This place is horrible. They give you a tremendous amount of responsibilities with little to no training and even less pay. Management sucks and is only worried about controlling your every move. They give you all this responsibility and no power to do what you need. Your a puppet on a string
Pros
Customers bring in free food sometimes.
Cons
Too many to list.
Alpha Media, if you're interested in radio...
Promotions Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 8, 2018
It wasn't the worst place to work, but definitely not someplace I would ever consider working again. If you're interested in radio broadcasting, it's a good place to learn some and try to get on the air. But the management was not so good while I was there and since it's radio, you wont be paid a living wage.
Pros
Very relaxed business culture. For street team, hours are flexible, kind of. Lots of free tickets to events and swag. Opportunity to meet musicians/celebrities.
Cons
Constantly changing hours/shifts, and management wasn't so good.
Great
Internship (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 2, 2018
Awesome
Fun place to work at.
Great people.
Good hours.
Tons of learning and a lot of experience coming from this internship.
Friendly People.
Highly Recommended.
Board Opt
Board Operator/Producer/ Supervisor/ On Air (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Very under paid in all categories. Fun work atmosphere. Great intro to the radio job world. Management likes to make quick fixes and fire lower employees instead of punishing the people who deserve it
Great Job For A Student
Street Team Member / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 27, 2018
Working at Alpha Media Broadcasting is a great job for temporary purposes. Such as, a college student looking for a part time job. There is very room for career advancement here. However, the do have a great environment to work in.
Pros
Free Concerts.
Cons
Pay, Hours, Lack of Career Advancement
Horrible Working Environment No advancement possibilities
Radio Technician (Former Employee) –  Cameron, MOJanuary 21, 2018
Stay Away... STAY FAR AWAY.... This is a terrible place and company to work for. NO COMMUNICATION.. funny that its a Radio Station. Terrible GM.. THE WORST. Just bad all around... Stay away.
A place where anyone can fit in!
Promotional Team Member (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 20, 2018
This was my absolute dream job. Being in radio is unlike anything else I have ever experienced in my life. Being on air and talking to your listeners about anything and everything you feel brings so much satisfaction to the table. The pay was great, the co-workers even better, and the opportunity to advance came quicker than I could realize.
Pros
Opportunity to advance, face-paced work enviornment, talking to all listeners on a daily basis
Cons
Company is known for doing a lot of cutbacks and layoffs
Lack of training and difference in values
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 16, 2018
With proper training anything can be accomplished. My first day I was given a stack of forms and told to call businesses to setup appointments and sell them our services. I reviewed the forms each form is a different service we offered and prices. The first part of training is trial and error with almost no help or feed back from supervisors. Approximately a month into the job I finally received online training that made the job much easier and I was more successful. Having finally received the training required to succeed I was excited about the success I was achieving.
A new supervisor was brought in who felt that the one day a week I used my break to pick up my children from school was not fair to him. He may decide to have a meeting on that day and that I need to decide what is more important.
Pros
I learned more about marketing and advertisement
Cons
The lack of values

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alpha Media. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight