Alpha Mortgage Corporation

Working at Alpha Mortgage Corporation: 20 Reviews

United States20 reviews

Work work work

The job itself was rewarding and there are great people that work at Alpha. The culture was somewhat positive at times but there are many people you had to distrust and speak carefully. Gossip and finger pointing mistakes were daily life and pay increases and promotion were slim to none. I did make some great connections both personally and professionally so that’s a plus.

Pros

Plenty of work and some great people.

Cons

Pay, lack of reviews, lack of growth opportunity

Great work environment

Awesome place to work. I retired that is why I am not there any longer . Management teaches all aspects of the lending process. Also underwriting & closings are very prompt

Alpha Mortgage Corporation insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Would not recommend working there

This place is a joke! 1st off the pay is just absolutely ridiculous. The pay is way less there than anywhere else you could go. They don’t value the employees. Management is awful and you will never move up. There is no communication and everyone is always putting the blame on someone else. I would not recommend this place unless you are desperate for a job.

The sweat shop of all mortgage companies!

Management is a joke with communication. Training is sub-par at best to say. They hire loan officers new to the business who don't have a clue on what they are doing when it comes to structuring loans. Everything is handled by the processor start to finish. Underwriters over condition loans so in return the loan officers tend to over react because they're new and don't understand. It's a sinking ship with old school mentality. You'll never get raises. Avoid at all costs unless you are desperate!

Pros

Unlimited overtime

Cons

Benefits and 401k

Pay and benefits were good for the area, management needed work

The company was interesting to work for. It was growing rapidly during the time I worked there. They allow you to come in entry level and teach you the industry over time, but I found that being too ambitious with this company can be harmful to your career if you intend to go too far too quick. Communication from management was unclear and ultimately it was because even the managers has no authority to make decisions independently. The company could go from loving an employee to firing them or pushing them out quickly and it occurred a few times to a few different employees during the time that I worked there. There was no feeling of job security due to that. But otherwise, the staff was friendly, I gained useful experience and I looked forward to going to work most of the time. We also occasionally participated in office and team building activities.

Pros

Friendly staff, opportunity for growth to an extent, Comfortable office, nice break room, occasional catered meals from upper management

Cons

communication was often unclear or would change, managers had no authority to make decisions independently

Great place to work!q

I've only been here for 7 months but I will be here until I retire! This is the kind of company most people dream of working for but never find. Everyone's included in decisions, people are valued and respected.

Horrible experience

While the pay is competitive and above what similar positions in the area pay, it's not enough to make up for the negatives. Loan officers attempt to skirt regulations and force loans through, even without required elements. Management is unreliable, disrespectful, and do not stand by their word/contractual agreements. Overall, knowing how the company operates, I would not ever work with Alpha as a homebuyer, and certainly not as an employee.

Decent place to work

Not much leadership or training. Pretty much need to figure it out on your own. Had a lot of established relationships with builders and realtors which made it hard to establish your own relationships.

Love My Job

Fun, fast paced atmosphere with a quickly evolving industry, Alpha Mortgage continues to grow. Great people, fun environment, and top notch employer. Leadership has embraced technology and the tools necessary to win more sales and invests in local employees. Active involvement with local activities and events keeps things exciting.

High expectations but no compensation

Most of the people are nice. It is a fairly laid back culture. The company expects great performance from its employee but it does not compensate for good performance. They are stingy with pay raises and the health benefits are not good.

Working at Alpha Mortgage

Working for Alpha Mortgage is a great experience. I enjoy all of the staff that I work with and I have been given the opportunity to learn and grow throughout my time with this company.

Pros

Ability to work remotely when necessary

Cons

Distance from home

nice environment, benefits could be better

nice environment and people, average steady workload with conventional, VA, FHA and USDA loans, worked with the encompass system, benefits could be better

Pros

nice work environment

Cons

benefits could be better

Great place to work with awesome people

I have watched this organization grow from a small family to a large family. The structure and culture have improved tremendously with new management - especially in operations and human resources!!There is a good sense of job security.

Pros

people, team environment

Family friendly place to work

Needs more hands on training. Little structure. Family oriented place despite being a large company. Good communication between Processor and Loan Officer. You make it what it is.

Friendly, Casual -Professional

Overall a good co. to work with. Work atmosphere is pleasant , mostly casual , with professional attire. Some competition among brokers as to be expected when commissions are on the line. However , friendly is the word of the day.

A typical day at work was very interesting and challenging. It was enjoyable. The work was steady and you always had something to do. Compensation was fail. Management was very knowledgeable.

Pros

Ice Cream Friday

fast paced

this company has amazing people to work with and for. It was very fast paced which is great. What I didn't like about the job was everyone was stretched to do others jobs

Productive and comptative

Started with a curiosity, turned out to be fun and competitive, learned lot about finance and mortgage industry, enjoyed every moment spent with my co workers. Great rewards.

Pros

Free lunches and outings

Cons

Work your way up

making sure there was enough time to complete daily task

Staff meeting first thing in the morning with management. Opening all mail and handing out documents in order to get files funded. Coordinate with attornies and goverments on what and where these loans were going or even if they were to be funded. maost exciting part of the job was to see how many loans got funded at the end of the day(I always set a daily goal)

Pros

comecting with people

Cons

breaks too short

Typical Mortgage Company

Typical mortgage office. I underwrote FNMA & FHMLC loans. Ilearned to use the software for both. I had previously had to edit the processor's submissions, but here, I actually did the submitting myself. Management consisted of my boss and the owner, They gave me all the authorization I wanted. My co-workers were friendly and helpful.The hardest part of my job was working necessary overtime to keep up with the volume of business. The most enjoyablw was educating new loan officers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alpha Mortgage Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits