Alpha Packaging Employee Reviews

Good place to work good people
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 4, 2019
Great work enviroment good management good co-workers. Overall was a very good job they took care of the employees was very much like as family paid vacation sick time
Pros
Good management
Cons
Lack of career advancement
Pharmeucuetical packaging
N/A (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIDecember 22, 2018
Not a good place. Would not recommend. Would not work there again.
Would prefer this place went out of business. The things that happened to me there should not have been tolerated.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
management overhaul
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 5, 2018
harassment is tolerated
hostile work environment is tolerated
states they have an open door policy but you are reprimanded when you go to management and hr about the harassment and theft of co workers.
Not what I was expecting
Employee (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, ARNovember 21, 2018
I had always heard that it was either a great place to work or rough place to work due to the 2nd shift hours, but when I applied I quickly found out these people are great to work for. Anyone complaining didn't do their job right or was lazy. Yes its busy work, pay is pretty good for the area and you don't have to drive all the way to Fort Smith to work somewhere that treats you like cattle. You get your breaks and 45 min lunch, most places you only get 30 min lunches so really that's not something to complain about.The owners and upper management is awesome. Some of the machinery is very impressive. Health care and vision and dental is offered, 401 k after 6 months.

You're here to make money and make them money but you're not just a number here. These people value you and your family because they are a family. The break room is moderate in size, but well stocked with anything you would want. They value your opinions and try to help you out with in reason.

You could look at it like a ho-hum drab job but if you really look at it and want to learn its very interesting. There is a lot going on here.
Pros
Like Family but better, easy going dress code, friendly environment.
Cons
when people quit it makes it longer hours
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, AROctober 11, 2018
Alpha Packaging was a good place to work and the mgt was decent, but Trac Staffing I would not recommend dealing with. IF you want to get hired on at Alpha, I hear that the whole company deals with temp agencies, so go through any one but Trac Staffing.
Productive & fun work place
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOSeptember 20, 2018
I personally enjoyed Alpha packaging. It did get kinda rough at times lol but I still liked the job. Can't expect for everything to always be eazy but the long hours eventually started to get to me.
stressful and overworked, long drive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2018
I felt that the management was poor. The customer to personal ratio was not distributed equally. There also was not enough personal to cover all of the customers that Alpha serviced. I am up for a challenge but you were never able to catch up to help others.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
No opportunities for advancement
Easy job, not great pay.
Entry level (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, ARAugust 19, 2018
Poor management, lack of leadership, more worried about product than people, (most)management is very disrespectful of it's employees. Easy job starting off but they take advantage of you and don't want to work with you when they know you have learned multiple jobs there. Decent pay after 6-10 years. Good hours, no dress code, just major lack of leadership. Not a good long term company to work for. Expect to be asked to do multiple jobs without being trained.
Pros
Monday-friday, 45 min. lunch.
Cons
Low pay, no leadership, supervisors try to find fault to instead of helping you do better, Not enough employees for work load.
easy work
Box Maker (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, ARAugust 19, 2018
relaxed easy work temp job easy to find management is easy to get along with it gets to be a little messy so wear cloths you don't mind getting messed up
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
no paid vacation
Hard work but stay very busy
Lead Packer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 25, 2018
I have been with Alpha since February 2017 I work night shift and enjoy working with the group I work with I am a Lead packer I train new people and yes some nights it is a little busy but good pay and full benefits
Pros
Get free meals get gifts and meal at Christmas and treated great
Alpha packaging was overall a fun work place.
None (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2018
Alpha was filled with nice friendly people. Everybody was willing to help at anytime. It was a very fast paced work zone. An Alpha give u an opportunity to advance.
Okay but management needs work
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 20, 2018
I got lucky and trained with good people who were very helpful. But the process engineer was biased and didn't have a very good training program. From what I heard, it's gotten better.
Pros
People
good company
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 10, 2018
Excellent company and benefits. I would recommend this company to work for and work with. I have nothing but good things to say about the co and their culture.
great place to work
Lead Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJune 20, 2018
one of my first real jobs with great benefits i loved the schudule . There is not alot of room for advancement within the company or i woild still be there.
Pros
long breaks, compensation great
Cons
no alot of oppertunities
I had great coworkers. However, the upper management team was not conducive to career development or cultivating a team motivated culture.
Corporate Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2018
The entire upper management regime changed while I was employed by Alpha. The new team had very little regard for the employees and made the overall work culture unpleasant for everyone. However, I worked with a great group of people and the team continued to make the day to day work functionality pleasant inspite of the hardships and disregard that was placed on our teams.
Cons
Good benefits and great 401k match
Fast pace
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, ARApril 26, 2018
It was a fast paced job. You had to be quick and know what you were doing in order to work here.
For example if you were running in order and your measurements were wrong the box would come out wrong which means you couldn't use it so you had to make new ones with the correct measurements.
Pass, unless your desperate.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, ARApril 4, 2018
Easy work ,poor pay ,little room for advancement,mom and pop operation. Working nights, it will be a long time before day shift will be available . Would only recommend if you are desperate.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Poor, poor pay
It was a job I needed money
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMarch 6, 2018
It was a twelve hour shift and I couldn't handle it and I didn't like it. I had the assignment ended. I didn't like the job at all. I you had to stand on your feet for twelve hours.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
ok company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2018
company was great for learning to handle, forklifts in tight spaces. the workplace culture was great, everyone seemed to get a long. Management was ok
Productive and Fun Spot
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 12, 2018
I worked for their satellite warehouse, and it was a relaxed environment but very productive when necessary.

Hours were always consistent as well as management.