Alpha Packaging Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Okay but management needs work
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 20, 2018
I got lucky and trained with good people who were very helpful. But the process engineer was biased and didn't have a very good training program. From what I heard, it's gotten better.
Pros
People
good company
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 10, 2018
Excellent company and benefits. I would recommend this company to work for and work with. I have nothing but good things to say about the co and their culture.
great place to work
Lead Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJune 20, 2018
one of my first real jobs with great benefits i loved the schudule . There is not alot of room for advancement within the company or i woild still be there.
Pros
long breaks, compensation great
Cons
no alot of oppertunities
Fast pace
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, ARApril 26, 2018
It was a fast paced job. You had to be quick and know what you were doing in order to work here.
For example if you were running in order and your measurements were wrong the box would come out wrong which means you couldn't use it so you had to make new ones with the correct measurements.
Pass, unless your desperate.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, ARApril 4, 2018
Easy work ,poor pay ,little room for advancement,mom and pop operation. Working nights, it will be a long time before day shift will be available . Would only recommend if you are desperate.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Poor, poor pay
It was a job I needed money
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMarch 6, 2018
It was a twelve hour shift and I couldn't handle it and I didn't like it. I had the assignment ended. I didn't like the job at all. I you had to stand on your feet for twelve hours.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
ok company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2018
company was great for learning to handle, forklifts in tight spaces. the workplace culture was great, everyone seemed to get a long. Management was ok
Productive and Fun Spot
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 12, 2018
I worked for their satellite warehouse, and it was a relaxed environment but very productive when necessary.

Hours were always consistent as well as management.
Great personnel. Terrible management
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 6, 2018
Great place to work with great benefits and pay. Unfortunately lack of leadership caused the loss of many great employees. Managers only out of there personal gain and could really care less about floor employees
Pros
People, pay and benefits
Cons
Management plays favorites and causes a very hostile work environment
Labor intensive, but fair pay/benefits.
Tool/Die Setter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 31, 2018
Alpha at the flagship plant in St. Louis is quite large. 34 different machines. I found my job to be quite busy and labor intensive, but still fulfilling. No complaints to be had about the management or supervisors. Overall, worth the eight years I spent there.
laid back job
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, ARNovember 26, 2017
competitive pay, great hours, opportunity to move up. The company owners care about their employees, and work with u on a personal level. all around good company to work for
Pros
45 mins luncj and 2 15 min breaks
Cons
bi-weekly payday
A good place as a stepping stone
OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 6, 2017
Very fast paced place to work. I took the initiative to shadow and learn a lot about manufacturing and plastic as well as working with and on heavy machinery.
Very Productive
Trainer/ Lead (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 26, 2017
I really enjoyed the staff at Alpha Packaging. It is a high stress environment when you first start, however when you get the hang of it... it is actually really easy work when the down line is working properly. It is up to you to pay attention to you machines (2.) If you do not pay attention then sometimes issues happens and you don't realize it until 5 minutes later. 5 minutes in a stressful situation can be over baring if you are new.
Pros
They have lots of breaks, Awesome Managers, fun activities through out the year, A lot of the employees become an addition to your family
Cons
stressful if you dont pay attention.
skill buiding
Shift Supervisor/Mold Tech (Current Employee) –  ypsi;anti,michiganOctober 21, 2017
loved the people and ability to be taught new skills.I now have the skills to apply at lager companies and it allows me to further my growth in the plastic field.
Pros
crew members
Cons
job advancement
Lots of forced overtime, poor training, reactive management
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 15, 2017
Poor management, lot of forced overtime on weekends, vacation time was assigned and could not be taken freely., company paid skilled workers well. New owners are investment company, not much focus on employees.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Poor management
Was a great place to work for
Sr. IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2017
until you get removed by a RIF / reduction in force. the old management seemed to understand their business. then the board got more involved and booted almost everyone that understood the core business and how the company was built. Now it's just become about the bottom line and paying $$ to the captial company that owns the company.
Pros
Most benefits were fairly reasonable and even competitive
Cons
Harsh working environment and lack of meaningful communication / trust.
Enjoyed my job. Would learn something new everyday.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO isOctober 5, 2017
I enjoyed doing my job and doing it complete and exact. Working with Packers, Quality Control and other Operators. Helping others with whatever task is needed. Working on other Operators Machines for them and helping train new Operators.
Pros
Paid lunches and over time.
Cons
Health care and profit sharing.paid vacation.
it was very boring
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, AROctober 1, 2017
it was very boring all you do most days is stand in one spot watching a mechine and push a button every now and again but for the most part you just stand there
Pros
easy
Cons
boring
difficult to work for
Maintenance and Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MISeptember 26, 2017
working long hours in a very stressful environment, co workers and management not getting along. unsafe work environment. not everyone is corrected in the same way.
Good Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, ARAugust 26, 2017
Very Family Friendly organization with a balance of work life opportunities. This company is positioned for growth in the corrugated industry and offers employees good benefits and working conditions.
Pros
Family Friendly Company
Cons
Stressful times during growth