Alpha Packaging Employee Reviews

Productive & fun work place
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOSeptember 20, 2018
I personally enjoyed Alpha packaging. It did get kinda rough at times lol but I still liked the job. Can't expect for everything to always be eazy but the long hours eventually started to get to me.
stressful and overworked, long drive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2018
I felt that the management was poor. The customer to personal ratio was not distributed equally. There also was not enough personal to cover all of the customers that Alpha serviced. I am up for a challenge but you were never able to catch up to help others.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
No opportunities for advancement
Easy job, not great pay.
Entry level (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, ARAugust 19, 2018
Poor management, lack of leadership, more worried about product than people, (most)management is very disrespectful of it's employees. Easy job starting off but they take advantage of you and don't want to work with you when they know you have learned multiple jobs there. Decent pay after 6-10 years. Good hours, no dress code, just major lack of leadership. Not a good long term company to work for. Expect to be asked to do multiple jobs without being trained.
Pros
Monday-friday, 45 min. lunch.
Cons
Low pay, no leadership, supervisors try to find fault to instead of helping you do better, Not enough employees for work load.
easy work
Box Maker (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, ARAugust 19, 2018
relaxed easy work temp job easy to find management is easy to get along with it gets to be a little messy so wear cloths you don't mind getting messed up
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
no paid vacation
Hard work but stay very busy
Lead Packer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 25, 2018
I have been with Alpha since February 2017 I work night shift and enjoy working with the group I work with I am a Lead packer I train new people and yes some nights it is a little busy but good pay and full benefits
Pros
Get free meals get gifts and meal at Christmas and treated great
Alpha packaging was overall a fun work place.
None (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2018
Alpha was filled with nice friendly people. Everybody was willing to help at anytime. It was a very fast paced work zone. An Alpha give u an opportunity to advance.
Okay but management needs work
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 20, 2018
I got lucky and trained with good people who were very helpful. But the process engineer was biased and didn't have a very good training program. From what I heard, it's gotten better.
Pros
People
good company
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 10, 2018
Excellent company and benefits. I would recommend this company to work for and work with. I have nothing but good things to say about the co and their culture.
great place to work
Lead Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJune 20, 2018
one of my first real jobs with great benefits i loved the schudule . There is not alot of room for advancement within the company or i woild still be there.
Pros
long breaks, compensation great
Cons
no alot of oppertunities
I had great coworkers. However, the upper management team was not conducive to career development or cultivating a team motivated culture.
Corporate Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2018
The entire upper management regime changed while I was employed by Alpha. The new team had very little regard for the employees and made the overall work culture unpleasant for everyone. However, I worked with a great group of people and the team continued to make the day to day work functionality pleasant inspite of the hardships and disregard that was placed on our teams.
Cons
Good benefits and great 401k match
Fast pace
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, ARApril 26, 2018
It was a fast paced job. You had to be quick and know what you were doing in order to work here.
For example if you were running in order and your measurements were wrong the box would come out wrong which means you couldn't use it so you had to make new ones with the correct measurements.
Pass, unless your desperate.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, ARApril 4, 2018
Easy work ,poor pay ,little room for advancement,mom and pop operation. Working nights, it will be a long time before day shift will be available . Would only recommend if you are desperate.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Poor, poor pay
It was a job I needed money
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMarch 6, 2018
It was a twelve hour shift and I couldn't handle it and I didn't like it. I had the assignment ended. I didn't like the job at all. I you had to stand on your feet for twelve hours.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
ok company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2018
company was great for learning to handle, forklifts in tight spaces. the workplace culture was great, everyone seemed to get a long. Management was ok
Productive and Fun Spot
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 12, 2018
I worked for their satellite warehouse, and it was a relaxed environment but very productive when necessary.

Hours were always consistent as well as management.
Great personnel. Terrible management
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 6, 2018
Great place to work with great benefits and pay. Unfortunately lack of leadership caused the loss of many great employees. Managers only out of there personal gain and could really care less about floor employees
Pros
People, pay and benefits
Cons
Management plays favorites and causes a very hostile work environment
Labor intensive, but fair pay/benefits.
Tool/Die Setter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 31, 2018
Alpha at the flagship plant in St. Louis is quite large. 34 different machines. I found my job to be quite busy and labor intensive, but still fulfilling. No complaints to be had about the management or supervisors. Overall, worth the eight years I spent there.
laid back job
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, ARNovember 26, 2017
competitive pay, great hours, opportunity to move up. The company owners care about their employees, and work with u on a personal level. all around good company to work for
Pros
45 mins luncj and 2 15 min breaks
Cons
bi-weekly payday
A good place as a stepping stone
OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 6, 2017
Very fast paced place to work. I took the initiative to shadow and learn a lot about manufacturing and plastic as well as working with and on heavy machinery.
Very Productive
Trainer/ Lead (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 26, 2017
I really enjoyed the staff at Alpha Packaging. It is a high stress environment when you first start, however when you get the hang of it... it is actually really easy work when the down line is working properly. It is up to you to pay attention to you machines (2.) If you do not pay attention then sometimes issues happens and you don't realize it until 5 minutes later. 5 minutes in a stressful situation can be over baring if you are new.
Pros
They have lots of breaks, Awesome Managers, fun activities through out the year, A lot of the employees become an addition to your family
Cons
stressful if you dont pay attention.