Alphapointe Employee Reviews

QC Technician
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 18, 2019
No opportunity for advancement. Excellent benefits, sick time, paid time off after 6 months of employment. No offer for raises. Lots and lots of overtime.
Good experience
Cleaner/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 23, 2018
I am comfortable with cleaning and maintenance job. I have my daily routine and clean in a certain order. As the company employs blind people and people with impaired vision, I like to be helpful to them whenever they need help. Alphapointe also employs people of various nationalities and it is a nice example how the people can get along well although they have different cultural backgrounds. I enjoy the job and I do not see any hard part of it. The only problem is that the company will move too far from my residence.
hands on and productive enviroment
SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 29, 2017
I really enjoyed my time of learning and fellowship with my bosses and co-workers,
They were always eager to teach and I am always eager to learn. I appreciate a work environment that is willing to give back to its employees.
Pros
Always able to learn and be taught new things.
Cons
none at the moment
Great People and Mission
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 6, 2017
Some of the most dedicated and hardworking people. It seemed some went above and beyond, while others did the bare minimum. They were both rewarded the same.
Pros
A family like environment
Cons
Old fashioned, not an environment where high performance is rewarded
Can be a good place to work, but......
Mold Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 17, 2017
This is a non-profit organization that focuses on the blind and visually impaired. One division works with rehabilitation, and the other is a manufacturing operation that offers employment to the blind and low-vision clients. I worked in the manufacturing side in the plastics department. Products that are manufactured are sold to finance the rehabilitation division. I was a mold technician. Chances to move ahead in this company are slim to none. There are a lot of "office politics" occurring and if you are a lowly peon then that is where you will stay. I was there for over 10 years and went nowhere.
If you have a problem or concern and you go to management about it, if it doesn't directly involve them they will tell you to shut up and deal with it.

The pay scale at Alphapoint is very low, compared to other plastics companies in this region, but they do have decent benefits.

Give it a LOT of thought before accepting a position with this company.
Pros
Decent benefits i.e. 401k, insurance, up to 5 weeks of vacation/year, sick time, most major holidays off
Cons
low pay, office politics, not in the best area of town
Great , calm place to work
Customer Servive Representative-Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 28, 2017
I love working with Alphapointe. The staff are very caring and helpful. It is clean , with good up to date software. Management is very understandable
Temp Worker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 7, 2016
It good for fast money but inconsistent and gettimg assignments take to long. Get paid weekly so always jave a check but only if you receive a long asignment.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
Shortbreaks
beware
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  kcmoFebruary 28, 2016
great company as a whole but management on business side of company have absolutely NO people or motivational skills. a typical day for me was started by direct manager insulting and intimidating someone in the group.
the worst part was all the upper management knew and did nothing about it
Pros
compensation
Cons
no management skills
Lots of helpful people willing to lend a helping hand.
TSR (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 21, 2015
My days starts off around 12 I clock in and award families until break time. I only learn new things if there is a change in schedule. Our team leaders are always available to help with questions and concerns. My coworkers are available if I have an issue as well, the most enjoyable part of my day is awarding excited students with scholarships that could take there lives to the next step.
Pros
Picking and chooing my own work hours
Cons
Very cold work enviornments
fun and a good place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 20, 2015
I love to work help people in need of help I love my employees I work with its can get stressful at times when your job get over looked,
Calm Workplace
Teleservice Representative (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOMay 14, 2015
Everyone is at their own cubical making calls. The environment is peaceful, quiet and friendly. It was a nice part-time job for college students.
Family Oriented
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 23, 2014
At Alphapointe, Family is important. The management is very understanding and supportive. The camaraderie is awesome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alphapointe. Our community is ready to answer.

Alphapointe Reviews by Location