AlphaSights Ltd. Employee Reviews

Healthcare Expert
Indepent Contractor (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 18, 2018
Worked as independent contractor. Fun consultative assigments. Excellent customer base.

Typical assignments include telephonic consulation in one's wheelhouse, so to speak. My assignments were related to the healthcare market. Mostly in the ambulatory surgery space.
Pros
Nice colleagues, fun assisgnments
Alpha Sights
Aviation Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2018
Easy enough to deal with. Rates are a bit wonky and subjective. Overall pleasant, though. Not sure what else to say about them. Would consider them again.
Need to be more forthcoming about work conditions and wages
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  RempteSeptember 14, 2018
I worked at AlphaSights while they first started their transcription division. We (a team of about 6 people) were hired as transcriptionists and were told that once the work environment was revamped we would become what was referred to as a "top tier transcriptionist" group that would review the transcriptionists' work, make any and all necessary corrections, train new hires, etc. The starting wage was very good, which made the VERY fast turnaround time, research, and plethora of other tasks required (in addition to the transcription portion of the job) all right. Then, when they "revamped", they told each of us that our pay would be cut (by over 40%). Each one of us left the company at this point because the pay was what made the otherwise very unsatisfactory working environment bearable.
Pros
ability to work remotely
Cons
unqualified management, sudden dramatic drop in pay, not prepared or ready to run a transcription division
productive
Freelance Engineering Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2018
At Alphasite I was able to implicate my knowledge on regular basis. As it was online I did not have to go outside and my supervisor helped me to adopt.
Associate
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2018
Great place to begin a career, continues to expand and the company is still finding its footing as it builds additional internal and externally facing roles
Incredible place to launch your career
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2018
AlphaSights has done a great job of maintaining start-up type opportunities as it scales into an enterprise-size company. Associates who enter into the Manager track are able to manage and scale teams of Associates and distinct books of business with a heavy degree of autonomy. You're pushed to develop professionally and personally and will make lasting professional connections which will span well beyond your Alpha-years.
work life balance
Part-time Regulatory and Projects Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2018
Alphasights is a knowledge sharing company. I am contacted when the requirements of the project meet my expertise and background. I will have a phone call with wide array of clients to answer questions about technical, regulatory, quality, manufacturing / management aspects.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
in consistency
Good organization to work for.
Independent Consultant and Advisor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 17, 2018
Very professional working environment with outstanding clients. The consulting assignments gave you with the opportunity to provide the clients with expertise that was well received.
Interesting company to work with
Part-time Consultant, Strategy (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2017
The company's clients include professionals operating in investment management, private equity, corporate and professional services firms with interests in a range of markets including technology, industrials, consumer goods, telecommunications, utilities, financial services, healthcare, consumer services, basic materials, and oil and gas.[3] AlphaSights is headquartered in London and has offices in New York,[4] Dubai, Hong Kong, San Francisco, Shanghai and Seoul.
The company has been mentioned or covered in various media outlets including The Sunday Times, The Telegraph,[5] The Guardian, Business Insider, and The Mirror.
Unsatisfied Intern
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2017
I was a summer associate at AlphaSights and the experience was awful. Out of our intern class of sixteen, only two still work there and the other fourteen all expressed that they did not wish to return anyways.
Flexible, well paying consulting work
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2015
A leading firm which connects industry experts on unfamiliar topics to business professionals, enabling better decisions. it is rewarding to provide other companies with your knowledge of your skills and the industry.
Pros
Flexibility
A young and motivated team
Junior Associate (Industrial Placement) (Former Employee) –  London, Central LondonJuly 28, 2015
I did an industrial placement at AlphaSights London.

Everyone is extremely welcoming, always ready to help and a load of fun as well. I joined with a group of full-timers, had the same training, the same level of exposure and the same perspectives. Never felt like the "intern".

The company mainly consists of recent graduates and highly motivated people who are always raring to jump on to the next piece of work. It's an extremely exciting environment where something is always happening!
Pros
Welcoming, good training and exposure
Cons
Young team, workload can be unpredictable
AlphaSights offers a sharing of knowledge and information.
Freelance Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2014
AlphaSights has offered me the capability to share my experience and expertise with other health care companies while being compensated for the time as a consultant. AlphaSights arranges the meetings and conferences with their clients to help the scope of information through a dialogue with other health care professionals.
Pros
Expanding the circle of health care professionals I meet and communicate.
Cons
The sessions are usually in one hour segments., Many times we are just getting into the meet of the conversation when our time is up.