Alpine Academy Employee Reviews

Dissapointing
Registrar/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 9, 2018
Working with the students is the best part of this job. Administration is not the best, but the teachers try hard. Unfortunately they lost a lot of great teachers due to the awful admin.
Stressful
Student (Current Employee) –  Erda, UTOctober 9, 2017
I'm a student here at Alpine and I love it. The teachers are fantastic and so are the Family teachers. Management is great! Amazing supervisors and they are regularly checked by the Utah Youth Village.
small school great staff
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLAugust 29, 2017
Loved going to work everyday.
Staff very friendly parents are great
Able to earn some extra money doing ABA therapy which was wonderful.
Meeting every monday to talk about the work week!
Very Stressful but I'm sure rewarding for some people.
Associate Family Teacher (Former Employee) –  Erda, UTMarch 26, 2017
It was very stressful but I'm sure it would be a very rewarding job for the right people. Working with highly suicidal and very imbalanced teenage girls is not for the faint of heart. Good luck. Again not for everyone.
Pros
Free lunches, etc
Cons
Extremely Stressful
I have spent some of the best years in Alpine Academy.
Analyst/Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
I have spent some of the best years in Alpine Academy. It was the time when I was undergoing many problems. Earlier it was difficult to adapt myself according to the school environment but the staff and other girls helped me out. This school has changed my life. Teachers helped me to grow socially. I am very thankful to the whole faculty for making me more confident and highly recommend Alpine Academy .
Excellent work environment
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLJanuary 19, 2017
The staff at Alpine Academy are all extremely dedicated, enthusiastic, and supportive. Getting to know each student and watch them improve throughout the school year is the most enjoyable and rewarding part of this job.
Great place to start in mental health
Marketing/ Sales/ Family Teacher (Former Employee) –  Erda, UTAugust 13, 2016
I started there not knowing anything about mental health and was trained extremely well. I enjoyed learning more about the different disorders that were out there for kids.
Things Have Changed
Group home parent (Former Employee) –  Erda, UTOctober 26, 2014
I have heard that things have changed in this company since I worked there, but it was a very negative environment when I was there in 2006.
Pros
flexible schedule, fun activities
Cons
lots of responsibility, little power to make decisions
Fun to work
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erda, UTJune 21, 2014
I basically would do any odd jobs that my employer wanted done. I would receive mail form the mail box, clean the bathrooms, clean the office and any other things that needed cleaning. I would put binders together for groups and make photocopies and organize.
Great Place
Functional Skills Classroom Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando,flJune 11, 2014
Very family oriented company. They truly care for each of their employees, and have always made sure I felt comfortable!
Learned Valuable Skills
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erda, UTMay 5, 2014
Learned how to use a office copy machine, collected mail, made copies, created booklets and assembled binders, cleaned bathrooms, floors, and office space, filed documents.
Productive workplace around my peers
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Erda, UTApril 7, 2014
Normally, I enjoyed tutoring my peers in math. Some days I was tired and didn't feel up to it, but the satisfaction that came from helping a friend was enough to perk me up. I love to help people do things they are struggling with, yet I also enjoyed giving them enough room to figure things out themselves. My boss was polite and complimentary towards my hard work, as well was the math teacher - she was very appreciative of the assistance I gave to her students. The hardest part of the job was keeping patience, though I managed to do so well through difficult tutoring sessions. The pay was very straightforward - as this was at a boarding school, my checks were sent home and deposited by my family.
Pros
Bonding with my peers, satisfaction with outcome
Cons
Working after school hours
Great School
Leadership Teacher and PE Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 2, 2014
This is a great place to work. Love the kids, staff and culture. My only complaint is the limited resources.

Despite this, leadership did everything in their power to help me out.

This school is highly recommended.
Pros
Fun, great culture and great people