Alpine Academy Employee Reviews in Erda, UT

See reviews about:
Very Stressful but I'm sure rewarding for some people.
Associate Family Teacher (Former Employee) –  Erda, UTMarch 26, 2017
It was very stressful but I'm sure it would be a very rewarding job for the right people. Working with highly suicidal and very imbalanced teenage girls is not for the faint of heart. Good luck. Again not for everyone.
Pros
Free lunches, etc
Cons
Extremely Stressful
Great place to start in mental health
Marketing/ Sales/ Family Teacher (Former Employee) –  Erda, UTAugust 13, 2016
I started there not knowing anything about mental health and was trained extremely well. I enjoyed learning more about the different disorders that were out there for kids.
Things Have Changed
Group home parent (Former Employee) –  Erda, UTOctober 26, 2014
I have heard that things have changed in this company since I worked there, but it was a very negative environment when I was there in 2006.
Pros
flexible schedule, fun activities
Cons
lots of responsibility, little power to make decisions
Fun to work
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erda, UTJune 21, 2014
I basically would do any odd jobs that my employer wanted done. I would receive mail form the mail box, clean the bathrooms, clean the office and any other things that needed cleaning. I would put binders together for groups and make photocopies and organize.
Learned Valuable Skills
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erda, UTMay 5, 2014
Learned how to use a office copy machine, collected mail, made copies, created booklets and assembled binders, cleaned bathrooms, floors, and office space, filed documents.
Productive workplace around my peers
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Erda, UTApril 7, 2014
Normally, I enjoyed tutoring my peers in math. Some days I was tired and didn't feel up to it, but the satisfaction that came from helping a friend was enough to perk me up. I love to help people do things they are struggling with, yet I also enjoyed giving them enough room to figure things out themselves. My boss was polite and complimentary towards my hard work, as well was the math teacher - she was very appreciative of the assistance I gave to her students. The hardest part of the job was keeping patience, though I managed to do so well through difficult tutoring sessions. The pay was very straightforward - as this was at a boarding school, my checks were sent home and deposited by my family.
Pros
Bonding with my peers, satisfaction with outcome
Cons
Working after school hours