Alpine Academy Work-Life Balance reviews

See reviews about:Clear
Things Have Changed
Group home parent (Former Employee) –  Erda, UTOctober 26, 2014
I have heard that things have changed in this company since I worked there, but it was a very negative environment when I was there in 2006.
Pros
flexible schedule, fun activities
Cons
lots of responsibility, little power to make decisions
Great Place
Functional Skills Classroom Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando,flJune 11, 2014
Very family oriented company. They truly care for each of their employees, and have always made sure I felt comfortable!
Productive workplace around my peers
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Erda, UTApril 7, 2014
Normally, I enjoyed tutoring my peers in math. Some days I was tired and didn't feel up to it, but the satisfaction that came from helping a friend was enough to perk me up. I love to help people do things they are struggling with, yet I also enjoyed giving them enough room to figure things out themselves. My boss was polite and complimentary towards my hard work, as well was the math teacher - she was very appreciative of the assistance I gave to her students. The hardest part of the job was keeping patience, though I managed to do so well through difficult tutoring sessions. The pay was very straightforward - as this was at a boarding school, my checks were sent home and deposited by my family.
Pros
Bonding with my peers, satisfaction with outcome
Cons
Working after school hours