ALS Employee Reviews

ALS was a good place to work, It had a get it done attitude.
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  BrisbaneMay 27, 2018
So I came out of primarily working with CRM Dynamics to working in a full stack environment at ALS. I had time to learn. The job was with oil and gas and the development office was situated above a Lab so it stank a bit with oil.. Start and finish times where flexible. Id work there again but not above a Lab.
N/a
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 15, 2018
a typical day at work was the basic working on the forklift
I learned nothing cause I was doing forklift
the management was okay the help me out
working place was always clean
Pathetic job
Sample Prep Technician (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVMay 15, 2018
I worked here in 2017, this company has one of the highest turn over rates in Elko, the management is horrible, more than half of the employees don't even speak english, and the training is subpar.
An okay place to work
Seasonal organic technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 21, 2018
I joined ALS as my first real job in 2017. I made a few friends and learned a bit about the analytical side of things, but was mainly focused on the preparation of Methamphetamin samples. The hardest part for me was the workload and lack of proper training in many fields. The most enjoyable part for me was I was able to make a few friends before my time was up. Overall I give it four stars. Would work there again if given proper training.
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear your experience was good, for the most part. We are always looking to improve. Please reach out to us and let us know what type of training you feel was lacking. You can contact us at ALSUSA.HRSupport@ALSGlobal.com.

Casual and coordinated workplace
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dodge City, KSApril 1, 2018
A learned how to manage my time in the workplace And coeordinate with others to provide the best results for our customers in a reliable and timely fashion
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you had a good experience with ALS.

High Turnover, Poor Management
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Anytime there is high turnover, even when the job market is tight, this tells you something about a company.

Hardworking people get burned out and either leave when lesser experienced people get promoted or they leave for other positions. This company has bought companies to grow, then sells then within 2 years or less, at a lower price than purchased.

The main office is in a section of town that is known to flood. Yet , the company does nothing to remediate the problem. After Harvey, the company was closed due to flooding, and many employees were forced to take unpaid leave, despite the building being partially opened.

Most enjoyable part is leaving at end of day.
Cons
Lower than market wages, forced vacation in December-February even when you don't have vacation to take.
worst place ever
sample prep technician (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 28, 2017
never work their never never they want let ne post the truth if they offer you a job run every thing they tell you is a lie the wait tell your 90 day are up and fire you
Management is cartoonishly evil
Centralized workorder entry (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 20, 2017
The people that run the US ALS are evil. Complaints had to filed after the director told an employee that he owns them. Email from Management were deleted from computer so they couldn't have more harassment complaints filed against them. Everyone on the bottom a scapegoats for the higher ups. You will be thrown under the bus. They have no problem laying off people during a slow week, just to rehire them the next week. You pay checks will not be stable during the winter months. There is no opportunities for growth unless you are management's golden child. Eventuality they turn on that person too. Everyone talks about wanting to quit. Only take a job here if you are desperate, because they will treat you like you desperately need them.
Pros
A paycheck and benefits
Cons
No growth and everyone is unhappy.
Stay away!
Radiochemistry Prep Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 10, 2017
Low pay
Poor work life balance
Required overtime in the summers
Mandatory time off in the winters to save the company money
Corporate doesn't care about anyone but themselves
High turnover rate which leaves other employees to try to pick up the work from the employees that leave in addition to their own work
Pros
Generous time off accumulation, Good starting job, Occasionally get free food during lunches
Cons
Low pay, Poor work life balance, Mandatory overtime, High turnover rate
May 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am really sorry to hear that your experience working for ALS did not match our intention of creating a great place to work. We are taking your advice and feedback seriously and if you would like to share more about your experience please contact the HR team confidentially by emailing ALSUSA.HRSupport@ALSGlobal.com.

A great Place to Work
Environmental, Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 26, 2017
I really like working at ALS. It is very laid back and the job focus is all on getting a job done and done right. The people there honestly look to help you improve and learn so that you can grow both personally and professionally. I would recommend ALS to anyone.
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that your experience has been favorable.

Massively reductive/reactive Management
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Kelso, WASeptember 13, 2017
Management had so much interest in being reactive about monthly sales, they sent people home to save money, when it was crew members working faster that kept us in business. We had due dates, yet they laid staff off all the time because we weren't meeting them. They should have kept people who had experience rather than hire a bunch of temps who were slow and untrained. They exacerbated the problem over and over again. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. The management was reactive not proactive. Run for your life from this company.
Pros
Staff are sweet and understanding.
Cons
Everything else was disappointing.
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you haven’t enjoyed your time working with us. We do acknowledge there have been periods of time where we were under-resourced but we working to rectify this to improve work-life balance for our valuable employees such as you.

good place to grow
Office Manager/Analyst support (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD 21046August 27, 2017
While i worked here it was a awesome place to work upper management worked alone side the employees the pay and benefits were good and almost everyone was willing to help each other out
May 22, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to hear that your management team supported you during your time with ALS.

Great company
Consultant - Mass Spectrometry (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2017
ALS was a great company to consult with. I was hire as a consultant and was allowed to do my job without interference.

I was given a task and allowed to complete it on my terms.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Distance
May 22, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your experience with ALS.

worst job ever
withheld (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 19, 2017
Expect hard work, no pay increases, little to no advancement. Keep searching!
You can do better than to settle for this employer. This company will go out of business soon.
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you did not enjoy your time with ALS.
ALS provides a large range of training to ensure our staff are constantly developing and feeling challenged in their roles but also to allow staff to take responsibility for their own learning journey.

Pays the bills, sort of
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WAJune 25, 2017
Once you start working here there is little room for increased pay. You may advance but the pay doesn't increase with increase responsiblity. The hours are all over the place and you must be flexible and able to come in on the weekends with little or no notice.The work goes from very little and required time off to manditory overtime and an insanly heavy work load, which is always when it's nice out and you want time off. You can learn a lot, but it's not a place to make a career.
They want experience and education, but they don't pay enough if you have student loans and if you are a single parent it's not going to be a good fit.
Pros
The people are nice and the work itself is interesting
Cons
The overal work load, Pay, hours, worklife balance, management
Good for experience
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kelso, WAJune 9, 2017
If you are looking for something to go on your resume to add experience this is a good place. Stay away if you want to have any family life or if you are a single parent. Work hours are ridiculous, you have forced furloughs in the winter and mandatory overtime in the summer. The management cares nothing for the employees and only about how much work can get done so the company can make more money.
Some of the people are great but there are others who are bitter and unhappy and will take it out on you any time.
Raises don't happen so make sure you ask for a livable wage when you get hired on.
Excellent place
Operations Geologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2017
Excellent place to work. Management is very knowledgable and human relations is very responsive to employee needs. Overall, a very nice working environment.
Good Culture and Managment
Fire Assay Technician (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 22, 2017
Working For ALS has been great for many reasons. The culture is actually great, with career achievement celebrations, holidays off, and warm management. Management actually listens and respect what the ordinary associate or employee may have to contribute in areas of productivity, operations, safety...ect.
Great Place to Work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 12, 2017
Overall ALS has been a great place. The advancement opportunity has been great and I have been able to learn a lot not just of the company and all its services but also of myself.
It is ok
Prep Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKFebruary 4, 2017
Very hard work and not for the faint at heart. Be prepared to work long hours and around a lot of dust,not good for asthma. You will make money but advance slowly.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Dust and Air Quality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALS. Our community is ready to answer.