ALS Employee Reviews

I learned a lot
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 6, 2018
I gained many laboratory skills at ALS global. I never did soil or water extractions before, but I learned those skills there. I really enjoyed going to work every day.
Horrible place to work employees don't make it through the into, this is intentional
Sample Prep Technician (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVAugust 1, 2018
Good coworkers promise of a raise and bonus after 90 days, they ask employees to leave a weak before you actually receive these benefits. They will harass you relentlessly and more aggressively the closer to get to you're 90 period. First 2 months are lean-ant only moderately labor intensive , went by fast.
Pros
Some decent co-workers
Cons
Manager lies about post into bonus+raise
Second review als must have had it erased
NDE Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2018
I was lied to on a regular basis .Management can't be trusted and this is putting things nicely .The Radiation safety officer falsified documents and will tell you one thing and do another .
Pros
None to speak about
Cons
Rso lies to your face
DON'T DO IT! Horrible work environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 12, 2018
I f you want to be overworked, underpaid and treated poorly, this is the place for you!

Unrealistic expectations
Demanding and fast paced
Very low pay
Stressful
Exposed to radioactive materials
Pros
Can't even name one
Cons
Everything about this place
a good place to work
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJuly 6, 2018
a good place to work and a good management. Good benefits and friendly environment. Friendly employees with a great work place. great salary. the hardest part was the long hours and constant standing. I learned a lot about the science of environmental samples. the most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers. I enjoyed being able to deliver samples to customers and work with customers.
Interesting work, great boss
Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2018
Very old school in leadership approach. No fringe benefits at all. Extremely lean. You will learn a ton and do everything.

No systems in place to assist with Global work.

Needs help with structure and change leadership.
Pros
good parking
Cons
old school, high control environment
ALS was a good place to work, It had a get it done attitude.
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  BrisbaneMay 27, 2018
So I came out of primarily working with CRM Dynamics to working in a full stack environment at ALS. I had time to learn. The job was with oil and gas and the development office was situated above a Lab so it stank a bit with oil.. Start and finish times where flexible. Id work there again but not above a Lab.
N/a
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 15, 2018
a typical day at work was the basic working on the forklift
I learned nothing cause I was doing forklift
the management was okay the help me out
working place was always clean
Pathetic job
Sample Prep Technician (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVMay 15, 2018
I worked here in 2017, this company has one of the highest turn over rates in Elko, the management is horrible, more than half of the employees don't even speak english, and the training is subpar.
An okay place to work
Seasonal organic technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 21, 2018
I joined ALS as my first real job in 2017. I made a few friends and learned a bit about the analytical side of things, but was mainly focused on the preparation of Methamphetamin samples. The hardest part for me was the workload and lack of proper training in many fields. The most enjoyable part for me was I was able to make a few friends before my time was up. Overall I give it four stars. Would work there again if given proper training.
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear your experience was good, for the most part. We are always looking to improve. Please reach out to us and let us know what type of training you feel was lacking. You can contact us at ALSUSA.HRSupport@ALSGlobal.com.

Casual and coordinated workplace
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dodge City, KSApril 1, 2018
A learned how to manage my time in the workplace And coeordinate with others to provide the best results for our customers in a reliable and timely fashion
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you had a good experience with ALS.

High Turnover, Poor Management
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Anytime there is high turnover, even when the job market is tight, this tells you something about a company.

Hardworking people get burned out and either leave when lesser experienced people get promoted or they leave for other positions. This company has bought companies to grow, then sells then within 2 years or less, at a lower price than purchased.

The main office is in a section of town that is known to flood. Yet , the company does nothing to remediate the problem. After Harvey, the company was closed due to flooding, and many employees were forced to take unpaid leave, despite the building being partially opened.

Most enjoyable part is leaving at end of day.
Cons
Lower than market wages, forced vacation in December-February even when you don't have vacation to take.
worst place ever
sample prep technician (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 28, 2017
never work their never never they want let ne post the truth if they offer you a job run every thing they tell you is a lie the wait tell your 90 day are up and fire you
Management is cartoonishly evil
Centralized workorder entry (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 20, 2017
The people that run the US ALS are evil. Complaints had to filed after the director told an employee that he owns them. Email from Management were deleted from computer so they couldn't have more harassment complaints filed against them. Everyone on the bottom a scapegoats for the higher ups. You will be thrown under the bus. They have no problem laying off people during a slow week, just to rehire them the next week. You pay checks will not be stable during the winter months. There is no opportunities for growth unless you are management's golden child. Eventuality they turn on that person too. Everyone talks about wanting to quit. Only take a job here if you are desperate, because they will treat you like you desperately need them.
Pros
A paycheck and benefits
Cons
No growth and everyone is unhappy.
Stay away!
Radiochemistry Prep Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 10, 2017
Low pay
Poor work life balance
Required overtime in the summers
Mandatory time off in the winters to save the company money
Corporate doesn't care about anyone but themselves
High turnover rate which leaves other employees to try to pick up the work from the employees that leave in addition to their own work
Pros
Generous time off accumulation, Good starting job, Occasionally get free food during lunches
Cons
Low pay, Poor work life balance, Mandatory overtime, High turnover rate
May 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am really sorry to hear that your experience working for ALS did not match our intention of creating a great place to work. We are taking your advice and feedback seriously and if you would like to share more about your experience please contact the HR team confidentially by emailing ALSUSA.HRSupport@ALSGlobal.com.

A great Place to Work
Environmental, Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 26, 2017
I really like working at ALS. It is very laid back and the job focus is all on getting a job done and done right. The people there honestly look to help you improve and learn so that you can grow both personally and professionally. I would recommend ALS to anyone.
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that your experience has been favorable.

Massively reductive/reactive Management
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Kelso, WASeptember 13, 2017
Management had so much interest in being reactive about monthly sales, they sent people home to save money, when it was crew members working faster that kept us in business. We had due dates, yet they laid staff off all the time because we weren't meeting them. They should have kept people who had experience rather than hire a bunch of temps who were slow and untrained. They exacerbated the problem over and over again. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. The management was reactive not proactive. Run for your life from this company.
Pros
Staff are sweet and understanding.
Cons
Everything else was disappointing.
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you haven’t enjoyed your time working with us. We do acknowledge there have been periods of time where we were under-resourced but we working to rectify this to improve work-life balance for our valuable employees such as you.

good place to grow
Office Manager/Analyst support (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD 21046August 27, 2017
While i worked here it was a awesome place to work upper management worked alone side the employees the pay and benefits were good and almost everyone was willing to help each other out
May 22, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to hear that your management team supported you during your time with ALS.

Great company
Consultant - Mass Spectrometry (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2017
ALS was a great company to consult with. I was hire as a consultant and was allowed to do my job without interference.

I was given a task and allowed to complete it on my terms.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Distance
May 22, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your experience with ALS.

worst job ever
withheld (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 19, 2017
Expect hard work, no pay increases, little to no advancement. Keep searching!
You can do better than to settle for this employer. This company will go out of business soon.
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you did not enjoy your time with ALS.
ALS provides a large range of training to ensure our staff are constantly developing and feeling challenged in their roles but also to allow staff to take responsibility for their own learning journey.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALS. Our community is ready to answer.