ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent place to advance and grow, but race plays a major role in most opportunities
Mail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 16, 2019
ALSAC/St. Jude is a place of great opportunity. Some of the people you work with are amazing people. There's always food and just an all around great place to be. Unless you work in the mailroom. It's you against the team and I was fired because of this. The biggest issue with ALSAC/St. Jude is racism. They have regular mass meetings about prejudice in America as well as the workplace. Many people have been denied promotions and other advancements because of the color of the skin as well as religion, including myself
Pros
Helping those children and the opportunities, food
Cons
Racism, mailroom employees
The mission is great Career building is challenging.
Middle level contributor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 22, 2019
It probably depends on who you work with and your role. I have found that there are “nice” people here and I believe that the leadership team is committed to pushing the organization forward. It’s hard to do that from the top and bottom with such a large, stagnant, unskilled, inept middle.
Pros
Great benefits. Nice campus.
Cons
Favoritism. Nepotism. Little consideration of previous experience or career growth.
Great place to work!
Fundraising Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 13, 2019
The work I did there was very rewarding. My boss and coworkers were great. Everyone worked as a team and celebrated each others success. Happy place to work and for a great cause.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 12, 2019
I loved working at ALSAC. I was there 3 years and it really saddened me to have to leave my employment. I love my manager and everyone I worked with. It was the best place I have ever worked. Everyone helped each other with no judgement and no drama in the workplace. Love, love, loved it.
Best Job Ever!
Volunteer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INFebruary 2, 2019
I absolutely loved my job at St.Jude, I would still be working there if the center did not relocate to Memphis, TN. I loved the mission of the hospital. I loved the people I worked with.
Benefits
Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 26, 2018
Benefits are great. The area they need to work in is advancement for current employees vs hiring outside the company. There are people that have the experiences but get overlooked.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Career Advancement
Great Place to Work
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 11, 2018
ALSAC has a great mission and goes above and beyond to reach it's yearly budget in an effort to provide funding for St. Jude. ALSAC is probably one of the best organizations that I have worked for.
Pros
We are treated great by a CEO who cares for his employees
Cons
ALSAC is still black and white although, they are working to improve the diversity within the organization...
ALSAC has a great mission and can be a great place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 25, 2018
Many areas at ALSAC have an environment that has great job satisfaction. With that said some areas don't have strong leadership and thus work can be challenging.
The mission is out standing
Sr. OD Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 1, 2018
The patients are the boss! We work to save children's lives. This makes everything else bearable. The CEO provides benefits targeted toward employees desires. It could be additional time off to be with family or celebration of small milestones.
Pros
great mission
Cons
too many cheifs
Excellent Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 31, 2018
Working at alsac/st. Jude was the greatest experience of my life. It was always welcoming and inclusive and the team always was patient and willing to provide me assistance. The mission was always personal to me and it is because of st. Jude is that I still have my brother in my life. This was the greatest experience of my life.
Pros
Great pay, Great work life balance
Positive work enviroment
Field Development Business Support Intern (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 31, 2018
ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Hospital has the best workplace culture in addition to going above and beyond to reach it's mission to end childhood cancer.
Working at ALSAC was an amazing experience where I learned and grew a ton.
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 11, 2018
Working at ALSAC was a time of great growth for me. Working some of the smartest and most driven individuals in this field. My managers showed genuine interest in my development and growth as a professional. Working alongside great people that are driven but also enjoy life was a pleasure.

I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for one of the best places to work in our city.
Pros
Education opportunities
Cons
Tons of meetings daily
Productive and fun workplace
Donor Engagement Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 5, 2018
I don’t have much to say. I’ve oretty much answered your questions in all of thin other questions I have answered for you already. Too many questions.
Interesting WorkPlace with lots of learning and growth
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 3, 2018
You get to learn a lot in all roles at this company. They encourage creative thinking within your work group. Everyone is very mission focused and we are constantly looking for way to improve in our support of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Intern
Specialist I Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 17, 2018
I enjoyed my experience as an intern working at the call center. The atmosphere was amazing and very eye opening. We got a chance to meet our boss and CEO. They let us know how hard we are working as an intern!
Fun working Environment
Systems Engineer/ Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 14, 2018
ALSAC is an inclusive,innovative organization full of fun,dedicated people who never lose sight of the St.Jude mission.The work Is Challenging,and the Pace fast,but i always feel supported in my efforts and inspired to achieve more.
Pros
Accessible leaders, great benefits, food trucks, vending machines, innovation space
Cons
None that i can think of
Business Analyst Contractor
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 30, 2018
Gather requirements to assess the current state of system, and meeting with stakeholders and users to target pain points for the upgrading of the system. Learn Crystal Reports and Kronos systems. However, management displayed a low loyalty to employees. In that I worked for a contractor, the manager of the contracting company and the ALSAC manager frequently discussed other employees in my present. The hardest part of the job was gathering information due only one SME was assigned to specific task and there was not a backup person for SME. The most enjoyable part of the job was I met new people, the pay, and the time off.
Pros
pay, culture
Cons
poor leadership, limited trained employees, poor management intergity.
Job Summary
St. Jude Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 26, 2018
I would verfy calls that co worker's have taking from customer's that was wanting to sign up for different types of events. Also place order's for prizes.When school complete there Event.
Great mission. Very strategic.
Specialist, Donor Engagement (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 23, 2018
ALSAC is the best in the business when it comes to fundraising strategy. I learned a lot about how to scale a fundraising plan to include many vehicles of giving, donor stewardship, and event logistics. My team at ALSAC was my favorite team I've ever worked for.
Good Environment & Great Benefits
Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 21, 2018
The full time employee benefits can not be beat in the Memphis area. The salary is above average for the area. The work force is welcoming, kind and fun to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2