alsana Employee Reviews

Bad place to work
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 6, 2019
Very unprofessional place to work. Nursing supervisor is never available and the nurses do not have access to the docotor its all 2nd or 3rd party info from the DON. Most of the clients suffer from mental health and some require a one on one staff memeber to make sure they dont self-harm and it left the staff short handed and when asked for extra support it was denied. VERY BAD QUALITY OF CARE!!!!
Hostile, extremely stressful environment to work in, which lacks support from management.
Doesn’t Matter (Current Employee) –  Pacific Grove, CAMarch 3, 2019
Lack of communication. Upper management can not deal with confrontation. They don’t value their employees and the extremely hard work they do and the endless hours they physically work on the floor. They emphasize the client comes first, but upper management is too busy talking amongst themselves. Lead chef not accommodating for employees dietary needs. Short staffed because the person who did scheduling was careless. Lots of overtime due to immense amount of charting. Will still contact you about work related questions when not on the clock. Disagreements with upper management and staff on the floor, provoking a very hostile environment to work in.
Pros
Cons
Everything, besides staff on the floor.
Lack of communication
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Not using.February 17, 2019
Managnent is very shady. They show lots of favoritism. seems very deceitful in the things offered at hiring..I am trying to find something better place to work where I can feel more fulfilled.
Coworkers are amazing
LVN (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 8, 2019
The people of Alsana are what makes it a true gem. Everyone is helpful and kind and really and truly cares about patients and recovery.
Census is an ongoing issue for newly opened facilities but they've made a point of still giving people hours.
The company is still finding itself it seems and often management changes, which is frustrating when you form a relationship with them and then they leave.
Pros
People, Work environment, Pto
Cons
Constant change in management, Some members of the management team (although it's less bad than everywhere else)
Be Weary, Lackluster, Had Higher Hopes
Do not wish to share (Current Employee) –  UnknownFebruary 8, 2019
Joining this team there was a high hope based upon the values and their prescribed "core principles," which they have on their website. Many members of the management team, who are new to these types of roles, fell short in insight and vocalization to their team members that leads to confusion, frustration, and often times this came from the highest of their team members. Many wonderful people left after they spotlighted the organization and went through the rebranding, which was disappointing. Much of the collaboration is not received well, but the compensation is good for the market value of the position. An enjoyable part of the job is working with some fantastic colleagues, though most of which are no longer there. I truly hope that they improve their internal support and systems for their employees and to benefit their prospective patients.

*Dates for start of employment are not relevant for anonymity.
Cons
Poor and undertrained management, Poor Communication
Great environment!
Primary Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOJanuary 15, 2019
Alsana is such a warm and welcoming environment for clients and staff both. The ongoing trainings are extremely beneficial. The culture of clients first is always at the forefront of what we do There are numerous opportunities to grow within the company and coworkers are some of the most amazing people you will encounter.
Supportive Work Environment
Clinician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 18, 2018
Team oriented and supportive environment to work in. People are respectful, considerate, and kind to one another and to clients. The company continues to grow and can be fast paced. As a result, company processes are continuing to be solidified. Flexibility is an important skill to have when working here.
Supportive work environment
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 13, 2018
I cannot say enough good things about the Birmingham team. I have never worked with a more supportive team of individuals who are dedicated to client care. I feel as though I have encouragement to grow as a clinician and also space to be a human.
Pros
Work on a dynamic treatment team, trainings are offered
Cons
Lower wages, which is indicative of mental healthcare
The best place I've ever worked!
Program (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 10, 2018
I think that it's interesting that the few negative reviews on this site are from former employees. This is the best company I've ever worked for. The standards are high and those who don't live the company values may not feel at home. This place is passionate, collaborative, honest and client-focused. It's pushed me to be a better employee and person. Thank you Alsana!
Pros
Collaborative, open, passionate
Cons
Lots to do!
Alsana
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CADecember 10, 2018
One thing I love is that there is no "typical" day at work at Alsana. The experiences are always different based on the clientele, as well as where the clients are at in their programming. It can vary from relaxing to fast paced and is definitely collaborative. The workplace culture really values professional/personal development, as well as work-life balance, which is amazing. The hardest part of the job is being part of a new company, but it is also a very rewarding part of the job. If you are someone who works hard, takes initiative and communicates with your team well, you will excel. The best part of this company is definitely the people on the team.
Alsana
Lead Therapist (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CADecember 10, 2018
The staff are extremely collaborative and supportive of each individual's development. It is an incredible team-oriented environment.

A typical work day includes individual and group therapy sessions all geared to the reduction of eating disordered behaviors.
Extremly Poor Management
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 10, 2018
One of the most disorganized places I have ever worked. Their motto is clients first but that is far from the truth. All this company is out for is the money and that is it. Short staffed in all locations and still admitting clients for that quick check. My advice to anyone thinking of applying......DON'T.
Workplace Culture
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MODecember 5, 2018
The culture working at Alsana is collaborative, fun, challenging and positive. I look forward to the new challenges each day. I also always have someone to turn to when I need guidance on next steps, whether it be co-workers or leadership.
Poor management and ineffective leadership
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 5, 2018
Beginning January 2019, Alsana will be on it's 5th CFO/V.P. of Finance in 3 and 1/2 years. There is a trend of hiring temps in place of employees, so there doesn't seem to be any cohesiveness in the organization. The new ownership group has taken a once proud and well run company and completely dismantled it. It's is fiscally irresponsible and has created poor patient care with the amount of turnover.
Meaningful, Relational, Challenging and Fun
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CADecember 3, 2018
I have sincerely enjoyed working for this company. The work is meaningful. My colleagues are talented and kind. The organization is committed to developing a positive culture. I am in a position where I am developing. If you are one who is curious about working in this field, or one who is a seasoned veteran; I hope that you have the opportunity to come on board with us!
Pros
Positive environment, opportunities for growth, supportive colleagues, "Culture First" approach.
Fast-paced and collaborative environment with clinical expertise
Therapist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 30, 2018
Alsana provides great care to clients with lots of training opportunities. There is an emphasize on teamwork both among clinical staff and other department.
Clients are the priority and I get a lot of meaning out of seeing the impact of this program on their long-term recovery.
Respectful and collaborative work environment
Chief Medical Officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 29, 2018
Great work place and great work environment. I have never experienced this level of collaboration and respect in a work place. the administration is phenomenal; there is accountability at every level and everyone abides by and lives the company's guiding principles.
Pros
collaborative and supportive environment
Client First and Collaborative Team Environment
Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 29, 2018
Every day looks very different--each day is fast-paced, ever-changing, challenging, and exciting. Getting to walk alongside my clients in their recovery journey is my favorite part of the job. I love getting to work closely with all disciplines. We meet weekly with the entire treatment team to staff each client to provide the BEST care possible. Our team is some of the greatest, and I have learned an immense amount from every member on the team. We respect everyone as humans first, which allows us to give honest feedback, make mistakes, and ask questions without judgement. I enjoy that management does not micromanage us as long as we are getting our work done. We get to do the coolest work at Alsana :)
Great Place to Work with a lot of Room for Advancement
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 23, 2018
Alsana is a great place to work! Since I started here, there has been so much growth and it is really quite remarkable to be a part of. Constant exposure and experience is offered as well as many internal opportunities for advancement. There are examples of consistency used every day and it is very fulfilling to work for a company whose guiding principles align so closely to my own values. I enjoy the flexibility in my role and the warm environment of care.
Pros
Great leadership and positive environment.
Cons
The pay isn't incredible, but unfortunately, that's the mental health field.
Great place to work with very intelligent folks that are motivated to provide comprehensive quality care to clients.
Clinician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 21, 2018
-I enjoy getting to work with a team of brilliant clinicians motivated to help our clients.
-I have had tremendous opportunities for training and education at Alsana.
-Alsana has a servant leadership culture driven by 6 guiding principles that have shaped the way communication to occur in a clear, direct and loving manner.
-The most enjoyable part of my work is being able to help our clients and to do so with a great team.
Pros
lots of training, opportunities for advancement
Cons
stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at alsana. Our community is ready to answer.