alsana Culture reviews

Be Weary, Lackluster, Had Higher Hopes
Do not wish to share (Current Employee) –  UnknownFebruary 8, 2019
Joining this team there was a high hope based upon the values and their prescribed "core principles," which they have on their website. Many members of the management team, who are new to these types of roles, fell short in insight and vocalization to their team members that leads to confusion, frustration, and often times this came from the highest of their team members. Many wonderful people left after they spotlighted the organization and went through the rebranding, which was disappointing. Much of the collaboration is not received well, but the compensation is good for the market value of the position. An enjoyable part of the job is working with some fantastic colleagues, though most of which are no longer there. I truly hope that they improve their internal support and systems for their employees and to benefit their prospective patients.

*Dates for start of employment are not relevant for anonymity.
Cons
Poor and undertrained management, Poor Communication
Great environment!
Primary Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOJanuary 15, 2019
Alsana is such a warm and welcoming environment for clients and staff both. The ongoing trainings are extremely beneficial. The culture of clients first is always at the forefront of what we do There are numerous opportunities to grow within the company and coworkers are some of the most amazing people you will encounter.
Alsana
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CADecember 10, 2018
One thing I love is that there is no "typical" day at work at Alsana. The experiences are always different based on the clientele, as well as where the clients are at in their programming. It can vary from relaxing to fast paced and is definitely collaborative. The workplace culture really values professional/personal development, as well as work-life balance, which is amazing. The hardest part of the job is being part of a new company, but it is also a very rewarding part of the job. If you are someone who works hard, takes initiative and communicates with your team well, you will excel. The best part of this company is definitely the people on the team.
Alsana
Lead Therapist (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CADecember 10, 2018
The staff are extremely collaborative and supportive of each individual's development. It is an incredible team-oriented environment.

A typical work day includes individual and group therapy sessions all geared to the reduction of eating disordered behaviors.
Workplace Culture
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MODecember 5, 2018
The culture working at Alsana is collaborative, fun, challenging and positive. I look forward to the new challenges each day. I also always have someone to turn to when I need guidance on next steps, whether it be co-workers or leadership.
Meaningful, Relational, Challenging and Fun
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CADecember 3, 2018
I have sincerely enjoyed working for this company. The work is meaningful. My colleagues are talented and kind. The organization is committed to developing a positive culture. I am in a position where I am developing. If you are one who is curious about working in this field, or one who is a seasoned veteran; I hope that you have the opportunity to come on board with us!
Pros
Positive environment, opportunities for growth, supportive colleagues, "Culture First" approach.
Fast-paced and collaborative environment with clinical expertise
Therapist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 30, 2018
Alsana provides great care to clients with lots of training opportunities. There is an emphasize on teamwork both among clinical staff and other department.
Clients are the priority and I get a lot of meaning out of seeing the impact of this program on their long-term recovery.
Respectful and collaborative work environment
Chief Medical Officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 29, 2018
Great work place and great work environment. I have never experienced this level of collaboration and respect in a work place. the administration is phenomenal; there is accountability at every level and everyone abides by and lives the company's guiding principles.
Pros
collaborative and supportive environment
Client First and Collaborative Team Environment
Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 29, 2018
Every day looks very different--each day is fast-paced, ever-changing, challenging, and exciting. Getting to walk alongside my clients in their recovery journey is my favorite part of the job. I love getting to work closely with all disciplines. We meet weekly with the entire treatment team to staff each client to provide the BEST care possible. Our team is some of the greatest, and I have learned an immense amount from every member on the team. We respect everyone as humans first, which allows us to give honest feedback, make mistakes, and ask questions without judgement. I enjoy that management does not micromanage us as long as we are getting our work done. We get to do the coolest work at Alsana :)
Great place to work with very intelligent folks that are motivated to provide comprehensive quality care to clients.
Clinician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 21, 2018
-I enjoy getting to work with a team of brilliant clinicians motivated to help our clients.
-I have had tremendous opportunities for training and education at Alsana.
-Alsana has a servant leadership culture driven by 6 guiding principles that have shaped the way communication to occur in a clear, direct and loving manner.
-The most enjoyable part of my work is being able to help our clients and to do so with a great team.
Pros
lots of training, opportunities for advancement
Cons
stress
Great place to work!
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 21, 2018
Alsana is a great place to work due to the work ethics of everyone and the team mentality! The collaborative efforts of the team allow for an effective place to work.
Wonderful team culture and great place to grow clinically
Senior Director of Clinical Services (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 21, 2018
Alsana is an incredible place to work. There is no typical day as each day provides variety and new ways to grow as a clinician. My favorite part of the work that I do is working with a collaborative team. The team is cohesive, supportive, and provides an environment that is safe for innovation and creativity. The work itself is clearly rewarding...I highly recommend working for this company.
Pros
innovative team culture; stimulating towards professional growth
Cons
sometimes there are long days/weeks; the work can be challenging
Collaborative Culture
Regional Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 21, 2018
5 years in, I still love my job. I believe strongly in the value of teamwork and in working with other people towards a common goal. Everyone shares the same vision and is dedicated to the mission. This truly creates a family environment where everybody is there for each other. This experience, as an Alsana team member, has brought me a tremendous amount of professional (and personal) growth, development, and satisfaction.
Passionate and caring company
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 11, 2018
Working at Alsana has been a very special experience. It’s truly a culture where the client is first. They ask for input and really listen to employees. I’ve been given a lot of opportunity to grow here. It’s hard work and we really make a difference in lives.
Pros
Great people and training
No care given for staff or clients
Direct Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Ballwin, MOSeptember 14, 2018
The culture of this company has began to shift with their new leadership team. The company claims their motto is clients first, but it is clear that making money is the priority. Clients have been admitted that are not safe for this type of a setting. In addition, they will continue to admit clients despite being short staffed, which is stressful for clients and staff alike. Direct care counselors are constantly expected to do more with little to no guidance on expectations. Direct care counselors are with the clients 24/7 and get no assistance from higher ups, in addition to getting no breaks (even when working 16 hour shifts). Direct care counselors are often expected to pick up additional hours to the point of burn out. There is a lack of consistently with the schedule - including turn around shifts (i.e. getting off at 10:30PM at night and working at 6:00 A.M the next day).
Pros
free meals, counseling experience, good coworkers
Cons
little pay for high expectations, inconsistent schedule, no work/life balance, favored staff getting promotions