Alsco Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible Place to be Employed
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE/COLLECTIONS CLERK (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxJune 18, 2018
Uncaring when it comes to employees. Only numbers matter to this company. Health insurance is awful. No incentives, no advancement. No raises. Instead of vacation being given at first of year. You have to earn it weekly. Who does that?
Relaxed environment
HuamnResource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJune 13, 2018
Management willing to work with employees. Laid back environment. Free coffee . Offered a nice work / life balance. Clean establishment.
I enjoyed being allowed to establish a candidate employment pool.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Hot in the facility
Good Benefits
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2018
Good Benefits, Job security as long as you do the work. Fast paced. Management helps give one on one support to help you grow in you current role but advancement to another role is near impossible.
Not to bad
Forklift Operator, Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJune 12, 2018
Was fast paced when first starting out while having to feed linens through machines at an almost overwhelming pace. once used to the speed of work the ability of myself and few other employees were able to get the job done efficiently and quickly providing great help for the company. soon was promoted to warehouse manager where I was able to organize linens and provided count for all linen distribution and toiletry needs. I also drove forklift unloading and loading stock trucks and laundry cart truck loads.
Excellent place to work
RSR Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 11, 2018
Awesome place to work and make a career. Been here for a year and half. Not going nowhere, only transfer to Up north to be close to my family. Love my job.
Okay workplace not very comfortable working conditions and not enough hours
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 7, 2018
Working conditions were very hard to deal with at times extremely hot and bad for someone with allergies . did not get the hours that were promised at the time of my hiring I also was not able to get overtime. I wanted to transfer to full-time day shift but company did not give opportunity for advancement.
Pros
The hours that run too late
Cons
Not enough hours for everybody
Never a Dull moment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2018
Fast paced, work with and meet many different personalities.
Opportunities for advancement, opportunities to relocate and many incentives for performers.
Industrial Sales Rep
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2018
A typical day at work includes conference calls and a TON of REDUNDANT PAPERWORK. I have learned that in the Industrial Market is very competitive and all about timing. Customers are stuck in Rental Contracts for 3-5 years. Management sets unrealistic goals, micromanages. The culture is very negative and no one seems to like their jobs. The hardest part of the job is trying to actually sell and keep up with all of reporting expected. I spend hours at night doing paperwork and proposals. It is also hard to be micromanaged by two bosses. Alsco is not a fun place to work and does not value or pay their employees well. The most enjoyable part of the job is visiting with customers.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Micromanaged, Paperwork, Redundant Reports, Cold Calls, Telemarketing Dials, Unrealistic Weekly Quota
Worst job ever
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDMay 12, 2018
Worst job I ever had whole lot of work low pay management terrible building on sanitary mice and maggots everywhere just overall bad environment I injured myself 3 time since I've been working here
Poor place to work. Would not recommend.
Feeder/Folder (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 5, 2018
You get sent home early quite often. My first week we got sent home 2 days early. The management could use better communication skills Communication is very poor! The pay is really bad and the work environment is awful!
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no/poor communication, sent home early quite often
very productive place to work
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDMay 1, 2018
arrive at work at 3:30
report to manger and see white board for the adjective
first cleaning the trucks out than keep count of all items and go tally them down
them load the packages on the trucks by the number
Pros
pay lunchbreak time
Cons
very hard work
Modernized slavery at is finest
Rout Driver (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 30, 2018
The amount of work doesn't add up to their actual pay rate. It's just another big name company that prays on the less fortunate doing all the excessive dirty work for nickels and dimes. If you don't value yourself and want to work unreasonable long hours while being exposed to filth with no time for lunch break , than this is the perfect job for you.

Poor training, Poor management, Poor condition on company trucks, Poor pay, Rich company.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 30, 2018
very laid back and fast paced but its a joy to work there the supervisors that was there when i worked there was very nice and made sure we was taken care of
productive and good, competitive environment
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 23, 2018
professional and competitive setting that allowed for continued growth and successes with the team(s). great opportunities to interface and collaborate with multiple groups and disciplines.
Pros
able to lead others in team successes
Cons
Standing all day to a machine running napkins
Feeder/Folder (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 18, 2018
Hello Alsco is place where you have to work hard at what you do all at Alsco they also have biohazards area where they get dirty napkins and table sheet
Pros
We have a 30min break we go out and buy our luch
Cons
Short breaks
Poor management
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 5, 2018
Management looked for any reason to write drivers up. Tension existed between management and drivers. Above average pay. Routes are way to large. Drivers average 50 hours per week or more.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Good group of people to work with. Corporate was great. Local management not employee friendly.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 29, 2018
Enjoyed interaction with corporate. Many locations world wide. Good product but seemed to run low at times when customers need them. Constant issues between departments.
Pros
non-management co-workers
Cons
local management
The worse job experience I've ever had
Office clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2018
If you plan on working for alsco, make sure to always feel inferior and butt kiss all management. No need to work as long as you praise your bosses. The more you work, the more mistreated you are. The less you work and make mistakes, the more you're loved. Alsco is only looking for bodies to fill the position. They never follow their own policies and if you tell corporate about the mistreatment, corporate will be against you. It's best to keep your mouth shut about complaints.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Treated like a slave
Great job, very little turnover.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 24, 2018
Loved this job! Delivered linen, rugs, uniforms, chemicals, and paper products. Delivering to many venues such as nursing care facilities, restaurants of all kinds, hotels and motels, local garages, and doctors offices, this kept the day very interesting.
Pros
Long days and dirty work
Cons
Great benefit package and fair pay for honest work
Amazing!!! I miss it!
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 17, 2018
This is by far a great company to work for. It's a team environment and everyone works together. If I hadn't gotten married and moved I would still be there today.
Pros
Great company, hours, management, training, pay, benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alsco. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight