Alta Resources Employee Reviews

Customer Care Rep (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 17, 2018
The management group at this place is really bad. The working hours are not the best. It's really easy to get a write up even when nothing major is done,
Relaxed Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 16, 2018
Working for Alta was a great experience. It was a laid back atmosphere with a lot of young and driven people working there.
There were times when the phones were ringing non stop, and also times when there was 20 mins between calls so I never knew what to expect. If you are comfortable sitting for most of your shift, this is a good environment for you. The grounds are also beautiful and well kept.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
lots of down time and sitting
Started Out great.......
Consumer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 16, 2018
The job started out fine , a little bit mundane but what job isn't sometimes. Ne management came in then it was terrible. My new team lead came in in January of this year and it was all downhill from there. I would always get below standard calls because I didn't have enough empathy, or so they told me.
Pros
Pto, easy job
Cons
no sick days, impossible to earn rnough PTO
Great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 4, 2018
Environment at Alta was great. Team players all around. Fast paced, but great. It was fun at times as we were awarded for hitting goals on outbound calls.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 2, 2018
The two jobs I had at Alta. My orignial job was more relaxed and fun. More incentives to achieve your goals. The second one was stressful and very techincal.
Pros
Free cereal breakfasts on Mondays.
Cons
Not enough pay for what is expected. The medical insurance could be better or at least more choices.
Nice but strong favoritism
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 27, 2018
I really enjoyed the people that I worked with. The hours were great and while I was having some health issues they were really understanding. There was a lot of miscommunication between the management and the rest of us. This lead to a lot of strain on everyone. Also there was a lot of favoritism going on. If you were not a favorite you wont be considered for advancement.
Easy work, low pay and bad management
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 26, 2018
Management is hit or miss here. Manager i had knew nothing about the business and tried to make our data entry job into a call center job. The client we worked for was rude and didn’t know what they wanted, causing issues. Alta management does not care for their people and bend over backwards as their client they are working for wishes. The pay is super bad and they promote the worst people to management. Stay way unless you like dead end jobs.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
You’re blamed for all mistakes, low pay, bad benefits, no job security
Can NEVER take off.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJune 21, 2018
You start out with 0 PTO. You acquire 4 hours ever pay period (biweekly) If you need regular Dr. Appointments, forget it. You have to use your PTO for sick days, time off, Dr. Appointments, everything. And when you start out with 0... It is like you can never catch up. You basically cant take a vacation until you have worked there for at least a year without EVER needing to take off. And the worse part, they don't work with you. It also goes by how busy/how many other people call in/ how full staffed we are even if you DO have approved PTO.
The hours are great depending on what brand you do, I did the 8- 4:30. The job itself is not hard. Also the pay isn't bad either.
Pros
Easy job, great hours.
Cons
No PTO.
Alta resources
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 15, 2018
Great people to work with but sis not feel secure when my daughter was hospitalized and myu claim for fmla was denied because I was not employeed long enough.
Alta Resources
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJune 14, 2018
Alta is one of a kind out of all my jobs, I was on a different team starting out, and that team left, I was highly invested into that job and that team. When they left, I felt very down. I am now on a new team, that everything is different, it is basically a 360, I went from a 5 person team to a 55-60 person team. I am not enjoying my current team, and you cannot move teams for a year.
Alta
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 2, 2018
during open enrollment, 40 hour + weeks, after open enrollment hours drop to 29-20 hours a week,typical work day is busy and constant same issues with customers, repetition constant, stay a desk with headphones on constantly.
Management did survey and found that the biggest issue was with front line people not being taken care of, pledged to do better
12 different applications put in for jobs qualified for but because I have a health insurance license I Have never been interviewed for these jobs so no upward advancement if you have a license
Pros
easy going office
Cons
no advancement
Okay place to work
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMay 31, 2018
Depending on who your program director is, this is an okay place to work. They state that they are family oriented but they really aren't. There is harassment & favoritism going on by program directors with certain workers on all programs.
Pros
Cafe with daily prepared hot food or machines
Cons
Harassment, favoritism
Still Here
Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIMay 30, 2018
I am currently working on finding a more-permanent role here at Alta and so can't comment extensively. The CEO has continued to promote the message of engaging employees and I have taken upper management up on this. Having had a vast number of experiences that can be effectively used by Alta (but not as of yet), it can be frustrating. Lower and Middle Management transitions quickly. Hopefully, I can find a stable place here.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMay 8, 2018
I loved the management style and autonomy of the call center. I would definitely work here again. Very relaxed atmosphere with enough to keep you busy but not be stressed
fun work-place
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 1, 2018
I inputted insurance info. I also help them find different health insurance. I take info. and put it in the computer just incase they callback at a later time.
Pros
smoke breaks
Cons
short breaks
Team Lead Assistant, Fort Myers (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 24, 2018
I met some of the best people working here. Managers are super helpful, they are constantly trying to make new ways for their employees to have a good time. Lots of activites, potlucks, competitions, and free coffee!
Pros
Pay, work place environment, people
Cons
I had to leave
post closing coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 24, 2018
Moment you were logged in the phone you knew you were going to be on call after call there was no stop from directing people to the right department to filling out applications
Pros
would do over time for most part
Cons
none stop
Worst company to work for
Senior Care Representative - Data Quality (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIApril 19, 2018
This is the worst company to work for. There is no flexibilty in the schedule. If you need vacation time or sick time, kiss your job good bye. The management is terrible and there is no communication. You are expected to work yourself to death for little pay. There is no room to grow with the company. Managers will prevent you from adavancing in the company if there is an opportunity and they don't like you.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Strong, depending on who you're contracted to.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIApril 19, 2018
At Alta, some companies demand more than others. Some pay better than others, and some require more upselling than others. No matter who you're contracted to Alta wants you to succeed.
Good entry level work
Senior Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIApril 13, 2018
Positives: it is a job, they hire almost any body and you are paid every other week

Negatives: very poor pay and benefits, no bonuses - only after yearly increments starting at 5 years, facilities are very poorly maintained, team leads were vastly different in their professionalism, ability to manage and level of knowledge. Always under-staffed so phone calls and other jobs were stacked on if someone left the department - they usually were not replaced. Time off is accrued based on attendance from day one. No paid sick days, you use vacation accrued. Metrics were reasonable. You could be earning $11 per hour after 2+ years and the person next to you can be earning $13 as a new hire with no experience.

Very little to no communication from team management or upper company management. The less they say is in their favor, not yours. Requests for improvements went unanswered or ignored. Input with concerns or ideas to better the work environment are not met favorably.
Pros
They hire almost anybody
Cons
Very poor pay, little advancement, very poor benefits, no bonus, certain holiday's you are required to work, management is not open to changes or input from employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alta Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight