Alta Resources Employee Reviews

No growth opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 15, 2019
I worked for Alta and the environment was fine, but there is just no room for growth. You have team leads who have been there for years and have barely moved up to that position. The pay is too low among call centers in California and they think 3-5% raise is a lot... a total joke.

The team leads in my department were there, but never there. The agents would help each other out more than the team leads themselves.

The point system is pretty ridiculous. Instead of monthly check ups with adherence, productivity, and all those factors, the system is a 90 day system where you have to commit to work to ensure you don’t get written up a final warning. Yes, a final warning... no write ups prior, straight to a final warning.

Overall, the people are great, but the company itself only cares about the higher ups and not the employees.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Short lunches, low pay, no room to grow
Tccr
Full Time Technical Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIApril 14, 2019
Not impressed with the lack of incentives,wage and management for my team. Often personal drama and gossip was displayed by management and home life took priority over work.
No Commentary
PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIApril 11, 2019
Great drive toward the $100mm mark. Stagnation began to set in, culture changed during my short stay, hearing the same from long term peers. Company looks to continue to grow; hope the best for them and the teams.
Good job, not so great pay.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 8, 2019
Alta gave me shot to go into management. It was fine until I found myself often overwhelmed with duties and found out that I wasn't making what some of the newer people were hired at. I have much more knowledge and tenure and I'm not rewarded for it.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Unprofessional co workers, unfair pay to management.
E-Commerce Department
Web Content Administrator/E-Commerce (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIApril 7, 2019
I worked on the E-commerce doing Web Content for Alta's Clients Websites. The everyone one my team was extremely nice, helpful and made the overall atmosphere a great work environment. The benefits are pretty good and the PTO you start with and accumulate (at least in my salaried position started at 14 days/year. Overall I enjoyed my time while I was there.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great learning experiences, support from management and co-worker, good work environment
Cons
Salary hours, they do not pay very well
Great company
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 4, 2019
Alta Resources was my first job ever as a customer care rep. They had great training classes which was extremely helpful. They paid very fairly based on experience. They were super flexible with hours and time off. They also had casual Fridays and would bring in lunch for their departments once or twice a month. Also provided doughnuts on Saturday mornings!
Pros
flexible hours, good managment
Cons
seasonal positions
Nice place to work
Temp Licensed Health Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 2, 2019
Nice people and good team leaders, they were vary helpful with the employees needs, flexible schedules and sharing experiences. No complains in general
Fun selling Disney Products
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 31, 2019
Typical day was sitting behind a computer, accepting calls all day from the Disney Movie Club members about their billing, and helping customers understand their paper bill.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Part time
They had to term over 30+ people because they lost ALL their contracts which left a lot of us long term employees with out any notice or place to go!T
Ca represenitive (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 26, 2019
Poor management ,lack of communication with employees as well and terrible environment...I would not recommend them to my enemy at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
14 an hour
Cons
Poor management
Good place to work and get experience.
Account Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMarch 25, 2019
Good place to work and get experience. Facility is nice with good break room, and on site gym. Flexible schedule if needed. Everyone that works there is nice.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Flexible schedule
Great Place to Work, but Horrible Management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 21, 2019
I really enjoyed my time at Alta Resources. I got good pay, good hours, great time off, and had a wonderful atmosphere around me including my coworkers. The only reserve I have about this job is the one manager that I had been stuck with. I worked for Proctor and Gamble and they have two managers for the beauty and grooming team. One manager is actually super nice, but the other? Not so much. No one in the entire call center liked her and I dealt with her for a year until finally I couldn't stand it anymore. Talking with some of my coworkers I came to find out she was not like this with just me, but with everyone there. She drove me out of that place and I really wish I'd have had the chance to go to a different team (like I had tried to apply to before she blocked that opportunity) so that I could have stayed there longer.
Pros
Great work environment, training, and pay
Cons
Teams can be clique-y and management needs improvement
Customer Service Rep
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 18, 2019
I was part of a sales team that handled customer service for established business accounts, not inbound calls from consumers. The phone metrics were unrealistic because we did not have contact with consumers. Overall I gained experience working there which helped with moving on to better opportunities.
Pros
Nice facilities, cafeteria
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 16, 2019
I just wish it wasn't so difficult to advance in the company. The raises should really based on your success and not basic raises. Company wants to help out with the community is the only positive thing I see.
Pros
Weekend's off and off on Holidays
Cons
Moving up in the company is hard, therefore getting a pay raise is hard.
Good Work Relationships
Ecommerce Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 15, 2019
Great Coworkers
Flexible with hours
Easy to talk with Team Leads/Program Director
Very accommodating
In between calls you have time to take a breath
Angry Customers that reslut into escalation calls
CUSTOMER ADVOCATE claims adjuster (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 13, 2019
Good place to work and very helpful in carea and in the health field and health insurance learning how to provide the service that is needed to get needs of customer insurance taking care of
Good job for a call center
Phone Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL 33913March 11, 2019
The job is good for a call center job. The pay is just about par with most call center jobs when you start. The management is willing to work with you.
fun enviornment, fast paces, relaxed at the same time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 7, 2019
Very easy job. I answer phone calls on a regular day and help customers understand the way their claims have processed, and provide medical benefits. The hardest part is explaining the claims to customers in the verbage they can understand.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
no job security
Alta Resources
Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 2, 2019
Alta resources is a good job to have if you like a quick paced environment. The people and atmosphere is great. But management is lacking. You have to lead by example so the business does not fall.
Fun Job
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAMarch 2, 2019
Lack of culture. They do recognize good employees . They do monthly lunches . I learned a lot about using salesforce here. The employees were very cool and easy to get along with.
interesting work environment
Health Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 27, 2019
I worked with a great group of individuals, the company withheld important information about the position being a contract position until after I was hired in so there was no guarantee of longivity
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Contract Position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alta Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight