Alta Resources
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Alta Resources Employee Reviews

United States646 reviews
What I liked about the job is that they pay more than competitors. I was even commuting to work from a city nearby and the pay was enough for me to overlook the gas money which at the time I worked there it was important. The staff were friendly. Felt very micromanaged at times but that was mainly due to the gradual changes. You were trained and started one way and you left a whole different job behind rhan what you started. Besides that, I loved the free coffee and that there was an ice machine on the main floor. Sounds trivial, but it really made a difference as I didn't think I'd miss those things until I worked in a job that didn't have it 🤣. Overall, Alta was great.
Pros
Pay; stable job; evening shifts
Cons
Micromanaged at times. Bathroom breaks limited, job tasks change at least once month.
Some direct team leaders really need improvement and they tend to play favorites a lot. But others are really great.
If you have an issue, prepare yourself for it to not be resolved. Ever. Also, don’t count on being in the loop with the clients.

The incentives are okay. Occasionally you can win an Amazon gift card, or visa gift card. There’s always free food and pot lucks.

Don’t ex

They are flexible to a point.pect to advance, it’s hard to do that there on some teams.
Pros
Incentives
The jobs a good “I need to get money type of job”. If your willing to be constantly corrected and watched by the management. Willing to deal with rude customers. Not know information to many situations or questions consumers have, due to the company not knowing. Having your schedule messed up all the time. This is the job for you. Its not the job you want to settle with for the rest of your life. I unless your willing to be unhappy. It’s not terrible but it gets old fast. You do get paid holidays if your full time.
Pros
Paid holidays(full time)
Cons
Rude customers, lack of information to representatives, eyes on you 24/7, schedule mess ups, repetitive work
I worked here a few years ago when I really needed a job. Very little training and not a very clear understanding of what I was really doing. One of my teammates was so frustrated he cried in front of me. Don't waste your time here. I
Pros
Cons
Low pay and frustration
The people are very friendly and are always willing to stop and help when it is needed. They will also work with you if you have personal issues going on outside of work.
Very stressful short staffed high turn over poor management handle complaints all day long very clicky it's an ok place to work good benefits descent pay however forgets about senior employees seniority doesn't mean anything
The work is heavy, you get verbally abused by customers and you are expected to take the abuse. It's very mentally taxing. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE. Management was not supportive or helpful. If you have a medical condition or disability that may cause you to miss work any time, you should avoid this place, they are not at all accommodating and incredibly difficult to communicate with. Management and HR are near impossible to get ahold of. They do not answer emails or phone calls, there is no direct contact to management or HR.
Pros
Good discount on product
Cons
Horrible HR and Management, incredibly low pay
I got with a chick the third day of working there! Great company spirit! The programs are a blast to learn. I liked the cafeteria. Very comprehensible, knowledgeable staff!
Highly recommend working at Alta, thay are willing to work with you on a schedule that will suit you best. Management there is great. You are able to move up in the company if you work for it.
All they do is hire temporary employees. If you do get hired at a call center. They have strict rules and how much time you get for the bathroom and how much personal time you have 2 use go to the bathroom you have less than 6 minutes all day to use which is not enough time to go to the bathroom more than twice. It's ridiculous! Especially if you wanted to stay healthy and fit and drink water.
They treated me like part of the family and worked with me. Alway there when you needed them and willing to work with you. I would recommend anyone to work there!
Worked for Adidas. Management was rude, mean and unprofessional. Managers DO NOT want to help you with any customer issues, even when customers request to speak with a manager. Wages are low, even if you have experience and training was rushed. I found another position somewhere else immediately.
You get really close to your team depending on what brand you assist with and there are always opportunities to change what channel you are in. If you have the proper attitude and want to grow, you can learn a lot here.
If you are a newly graduated college senior, this is an excellent company for you to begin your exposure to multi channel businesses. Many of the account manager positions, do not have room for growth or expansion.
Alta Resources puts a lot of effort into creating a welcoming and positive work environment. There are a lot of team building activities, friendly office games, and a birthday commit that decorates an employee's office cubicle for their birthday.
Pay is incredibly low, bonuses are non-existent. Incentives equivalent to pennies. This company exudes a major lack of integrity as it relates to contracts and pay. And because the pay is so low, often times that same employee is working an additional job or two simply to get by. Annual increases are provided, but are incredibly low, are not at all representative to the work you do - a “generous” 1.5% for all is the mentality here.

Along with a small client team, I worked to grow a well known e-commerce platform from $2MM in annual sales to $88MM in annual sales over four years. Alta compensated me for that amazing growth and achievement with pennies each year, totaling a pay increase of $1.08 across all four years. One might think growth of $86 million would deserve some kind of recognition, but not here. They don’t celebrate success.

In short, Alta is a fun environment, full of really great people working hard for a man who exemplifies corporate greed. He does not care about the people who’ve helped him become the extremely wealthy, albeit conservative beyond measure, man that he is today. He cares where his next $1MM is coming from. Period. This is hands down the worst company I’ve worked for in terms of compensation, incentives, retention, appreciation, gratitude, recognition, and acknowledgment. In a world where so many employers show gratitude so well, and so often, it would be a challenge to find a company who would appreciate you less.

As they continue to face extreme hiring challenges in this thriving economy, it should serve as a reminder of their greed,
 - more...
The customer calls come in almost none stop and the customer are demanding and at times rude. But if you can handle that its a great place to work because of the people you will be working along side. There are also times the calls don't come in so often and some are calling to simply ask a question that is easily answered do to the high quality training.
Alta had a good training program and good supervision. The environment ws fast paced with an emphasis on good customer service and computer skills. The company offered good opportunities for advancement.
This place has the worst rules implemented to divert employees to fail, quit or get fired. The bathroom is disgusting you only get 7 minutes of bathroom for the whole day anything more can result in a write up; not to mention there is only one bathroom on each floor with at least 100 employees per floor. It is not an equal opportunity workplace and would not recommend this place of employment to anyone.
Provide great customer care, resolve disputes, very diverse culture. The most enjoyable part about the job is satisfying the customer. The more difficult part is declining a claim.
Overall this company pays lower than average and the benefits are less than impressive. This company has potential but they care more about making the next 100 million in sales and not enough about creating a great culture for their employees.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alta Resources. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight