Altair Engineering Employee Reviews

Great Company
Enterprise Computing Federal Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 2, 2018
Great Company to work for. Management cares about employees and benefits are very, very good. Corporate culture is excellent from top to bottom and office is very fun to work in.
Na
CFD Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 9, 2018
good work life balance - low salary

paper work is tough for internationals for green card

easily accessible management

good on compensation relative to other compnies
Fun, Good place to work
SharePoint Web Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 1, 2018
It was a fun experience working at Altair. Collaborative team and fun work place. Work area is quite and productive. Flexibility to work from home is a plus
A good place to build professional relationships
"Vehicle Dynamics Sr. Consultant/Specialist" (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 9, 2018
Great learning environment;
Complicated leadership;
Not the greatest benefits;
Overall a good place to work, but it will defined depend of where/when you are in your career.
Pros
learning, work relationship, and locations
Cons
benefits and unilateral upper management decision
Support Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYFebruary 7, 2018
Altair is a great place to work. If you are an engineer, there is lots of room for growth. The company cares about it's employees and, in turn, the employees care about the company.
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 24, 2018
I have no complaints! Very health conscious company, offered health clinic at main building, many outings, great benefits, management is excellent to work with, very kind, professional and responsive.
a good company for fresh graduates
CAE Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 17, 2018
Work life balance is good. Flexible working environment. Lack of long-term plan and kind of arrogant management. It is a good place to start your career.
Multi-disciplined engineering company
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 2, 2018
Family-oriented work culture. Good management. Open door communication style. Work-life balance. Attractive benefits. Onsite health clinic. Diverse workplace in both employee skills and backgrounds.
Relaxed company culture
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 17, 2017
Good products. Excellent health benefits with convenient amenities in Troy, MI headquarters office: Gym and Clinic. Many long term employees and good people. Nice work/life balance.
Good company, bad department
Senior Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 31, 2017
I worked hard until I realized that nothing I did was used. I received an excellent review, and continually asked if they had any feedback for me. Encouraged them to tell me if I needed to improve anything I did. But they never used my work in anything. We all want to feel valuable and that our time is not wasted. I left.
Pros
Great products, some very good people
Cons
My manager
Challenging always as new task
Manufacturing Solver Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 6, 2017
The ultimate outcome requirement is to validation the new solver for which we have to approach different ways and step by step.
As we resolve one problem need to start working on next step, so overall i would say its always learning new thing for me and i am really grateful to Altair for providing the opportunity.
Flexible
Program Manager, Engineering (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 14, 2017
Flexible work schedule. Diverse projects. Many CAE tools to solve customer issues. Highly recognized worldwide products. Offices worldwide. Good learning environment.
Nice workplace with good work life balance
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  INJune 7, 2017
They have a good office. The management could be a bit better. Juniors aren't given too much of oppourtunities. But nevertheless its a good place with free food everyday.
Opportunity to learn is enormous
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 12, 2017
Writing from a Software Engineer perspective. Good opportunity to learn. Cultivates interests on the project you work on as they are always challenging. Work culture is good.
Pros
Technology
Cons
Compensation
Nice Work Hours
Corporate Wellness Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 13, 2017
Nice work environment with amenities provided such as massages, physical therapy and a nurse practitioner which helps boost the health and wellness of the employees
Great company if you are an engineer or developer.
Desktop Support/Building Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 29, 2013
This was a great company to work for and would do so again if given the opportunity. I started there as a desktop support agent but moved to being the distribution/building manager which was a very rewarding position. They were a great group of people to work with and for.
Altair provides innovative solutions
Senior CFD Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  TelecommuteSeptember 11, 2016
Altair offers a suite of tools that are useful to automotive, aero, manufacturing, and other industries. Altair is able to respond relatively quickly to changing market needs.

On the employee relations side, they are a bit conservative. Flexible work schedules are offered by some, but not all groups. There is a certain amount of pressure for employees in the trenches to adapt to how their manager works, rather than the managers trying to figure out how the employees work best...
Great company to work for.
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 8, 2016
I really enjoy the corporate setting. The innovative work that the company is doing is great. I like learning new things and hearing about all the ways Altair is changing technology.
Great company to work for!
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 21, 2016
Altair is a great company to work for.

The flexibility is the biggest benefit in addition to the culture and atmosphere.
Enjoyed my time with them
Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy MiAugust 9, 2013
I enjoyed the company of my workmates and I also enjoyed traveling and meeting new people. While my time was brief with them I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
Traveling and meeting new people
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altair Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2