AltaMed Employee Reviews

Patient Service
Manager, N ursing Quality & Patient Safety (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2018
I loved the care that this organization provided to its patients. They are very patient centric and the patients are so appreciative of the care that is provided.
Job
Environmental (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 2, 2018
Not what was expected when they give you job interviews there jobs are totally different from what’s offered to you had worst supervisor ever when I need to ask questions
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Supervisor
Fast Paced Environment
Human Resources Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2018
I believe its a good company with a great mission. The job that I had was lacking in growth therefor, I needed to leave to find a company to grow with.
Poor Management Poor Ethics
Member Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CASeptember 19, 2018
Supervisor socializes with her employees outside of work and then wonders why there's always tension in the dept. This causes favoritism between good workers who don't care for socializing after business hours and lazy workers whom gossip all day. AltaMed seems to promote this type of environment because even after complaining to HR the supervisor seemed to remain at the company unscathed. Shame on AtaMed.
very good
Server (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CASeptember 18, 2018
everything very well highly is one the best places where i have worked and i have very good evaluations > step that new administration arrived but the last 3 o 4 years were super time I recommend Altamed for their good services to patients . and Compania That care about the employee
Terrible Company to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2018
AltaMed is not a great place for culture. This by far was one of the worse places I’ve ever worked. The management plays favoritism and there is no room for growth. I wouldn’t recommend working here as they don’t understand the meaning of work/life balance. Avoid working for this company at all cost, not a happy environment to work in. I will never work here EVER again! HR is horrible and don’t know what they are doing along with leadership in Managed Care.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Management is terrible and they only promote who they like
A growing company committed to training and excellence in all aspects of its . Fast growth, stressful environment depending on specific duties.
Administrator, Medical and Dental Services (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAAugust 29, 2018
Overall the company has many positive attributes. However, due to the complexity of the organization not all jobs carried the same level of stress.

The company emerged from a "Mom & Pop" environment to become a world class leader in its field. Nepotism exists on some level and the playing field was not always level when performance was evaluated. The company attracts very talented professionals,

What was liked most was the ongoing commitment to staff development and staff satisfaction.
Great benefits, good atmosphere
Health Information Representative (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAAugust 28, 2018
One of the best places I have worked. Lucky enough to have an HIM team that really looks out for each other and works collaboratively. Downside is the lack of job security due to changes in corporate.
Other than that, great benefits, good pay, good people.
Health Information Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAAugust 26, 2018
Manage staff at two clinic locations for the health information management department.

Successfully implemented workgroups that ensured utmost efficiency for clinical workflows.
a day at work
LVN Lead (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 24, 2018
Workplace is awesome, at the location I was working at working with the team including physicians it felt like a family. Learning and growing within a company is a plus here, but at the same time too much responsibility with not the correct pay for all you do.
Cons
yearly raise not so good
Senior Recruiter
Senior Recruiter / Contractor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for AltaMed. The HR Talent Acquisition Manager is very nice and a good manager. AltaMed is a great company. I enjoyed my time at AltaMed.
Very demanding and stressful envioroment
Dental Health Clinic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAAugust 6, 2018
AltaMed has a great mission statement; unfortunately, some management members are not qualified to drive the mission, nor to mentor their teams. There is not accountability from directors or some management personnel, they simply wash their hands and blame others.

Lastly, some directors or management staff, are not qualified for their positions; what I noticed is that in many cases, staffed were promoted because they were part of the good friends circle, and not based on their abilities or skills. Thus leading for many providers (Doctors) and staff to leave the company. This has created an outburst of short staffing and very minimum support to replace vacancies. This situation continuous to increase the level of stars staff is experiencing.
Benefits
Cons
depending on the department otr clinic you work out of, you may have to watch your back a lot before you get throughn under the bus, or blamed for practically anything. Some
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 28, 2018
Working for Altamed there's hardly any down time from morning to end day .Meeting are required to be attended once month in which causes are work follow to be backed up
Pros
starting pay is decent
Cons
changes of management
Horrible Management and upper management
Medical Provider (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2018
Worst working experience ever. Was told to prescribe Norco to patients by Office Manager at the clinic for patients. Was micromanaged and by Head Doctor at clinic. When expressed complaints to Corporate, nothing was done.
Great corporation
Register Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAJuly 24, 2018
Altamed has a good work environment. I like working for this company because they care about their employees. AltaMed is always on top of the newest advancements, for the care of their patients.
Short staffed, micromanagers
LVN, Urgent Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJuly 11, 2018
While working at Altamed, I learned a great deal from the providers I worded with. For the most part, the providers were always willing to teach and answer any questions. However, I can not say the same about the supervisors. The supervisors are hardly ever on the floor. Instead, they have "leads" who they have do their dirty work for them. At the El Monte Clinic, the staff is constantly micromanaged by majority of the "leads." This is terrible because it shows there is no trust in the employees. The supervisors make up excuses and refuse to make changes. The inventory is frequently out of stock, and takes about 2-3 days to get a new shipment. This hinders good patient care. This clinic is very unorganized! The employees are constantly being moved around due to call outs. Employees call out so much because they are not happy with the way things are run. There is too much gossip, and politics at this particular site. There is also extra work load put on each back office employee. Aside from your job duties of being an MA or LVN, they will assign additional duties such as vaccine inventory, Mammo logs, Site Safety tasks (just to name a few). The LVNs also get paid less at this site, versus some of the newer sites such as South Gate or the Corporate Float Team. The pay should be the same throughout the company. I do recommend Altamed, just not the El Monte Clinic. There needs to be major adjustments made from the back office supervisors and leads.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, paid holidays
Cons
Micromanagement, no autonomy, short staffed, too much politics in upper management
Case Manager- Lead. Home visits for families (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2018
Do not recall a typical day management workplace culture the most detailed working environment No other information to list. Some time ago. no need to list
community service
Sr. Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAJuly 3, 2018
We were initially established as a free clinic in East Los Angeles in 1969, and are now a leading health care system providing care to more than 300,000 Southern California residents. Our 35 accredited sites offer a variety of services to patients of all ages in Los Angeles and Orange counties, including:
Pros
great team
Cons
location
Productive & Competitive which I enjoyed
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2018
Typical Day: read emails, evaluate enrollment reports, telephone calls to follow-up with potential clients, answer questions-customer service, field work-visit senior apartments/centers, community events.

I learned about Senior Advocacy & how to offer them services which would help them stay healthier.

Management played favorites.

Workplace Culture created out of fear, the administrator manipulated scenarios to get people fired.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with managers, changing the rules, since I was consistently #1 producer, they tried to take my clients away to give to other/favorites.

I loved working and helping my customers, and saw that they loved me back!
Pros
Helping seniors
Cons
Managers were very unfair
Caring company that was growing too quickly
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 14, 2018
I worked here a few years ago. I enjoyed working for the company itself, but it was growing so quickly that there were never any available appointments for the patients, which made working in the call center a little stressful. Patients would be angry with the reps even though we had no control over these things. I think by now they have added more providers. I would recommend working here though.
Pros
nice people, company has great values, good benefits
Cons
not enough appts for upset patients