AltaMed Employee Reviews

Call center
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Not flexible like I was told in the interview. No advancement. They have you do extra duties/projects with no compensation. Really hard to get days off even if requested months in advanced. Sick days are not going excused even if you have a drs notes. You’ll get a warning and it’s supposed to drop in 6 months but it doesn’t.. They’ll keep adding warnings even after the 6 month period and you’ve improved. They’ll give you a warning for another reason and will still go to a written etc. When you bring up a concern or issue they’ll say “they’re on it” but they say that and won’t. They say they want feedback on what they can do better but never take it seriously. People are favored here and it shows.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Management is inconsistent. Not flexible.
You get what you make of it
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 15, 2018
It's easy to get burnt out getting calls back to back but you need to bring your best self. I appreciate the supervisors. They hear our feedback and hear patients out. I love our CEO who is constantly working with the community and finding ways to support the underserved community. I'm passionate about helping patients. Although I feel some patients need to be disenrolled because patients cant get very rude and abusive. I hear their frustrations and their feedback matter. Altamed is always looking for ways to improve and teamwork is important. I'm glad the CEO realized NextGen is NEXT TO GO. They are keeping up with technology.

The only con is the time away from your desk is counted against you and on busy months you can't quite get a schedule that meets your needs to go to school. so if you have a class you need to graduate with or high in demand class that requires your physical presence tough luck
regardless I feel the supervisors listen and do whatever they can in their will to meet those needs. I have rarely had a day denied for a day off. You have also be a humble person and see everyone as an equal. I feel it's important to be kind to everyone regardless of their position
Pros
fun enviornment, generous supervisor, teamplayers, family enviornment, culture, feedback is taken into consideration
Productive and Fun work place.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CANovember 28, 2018
Arriving at least 15 mins early to start prepping front and back office. Having all patients medical record prep before they arrive. Making sure I had a positive attitude.
Pros
Free lunches, Medical Benefits.
Cons
Too far from my house. It was Part Time.
Poor nursing leaders with alot of favortism
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CANovember 16, 2018
Strong leaders are viewed as aggressive. People at corp are very clicky. You either belong to the health services team or the Kaiser people team. Very disrespectful treatment of leaders who are effective! Altamed perfers people who have litte or no knowledge of management so they can tell them what to do.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor corp leaders
Great benefits and opportunities to grow within the company
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 24, 2018
It is an overall great company with great values but it’s not inclusive to all. The company didn’t really handle issues as quick as they should especially discrimination.

There was one employee who received multiple greviences about her and nothing was being done. Never allowed me to grow or room to make mistakes!
Pros
Immediate access to Benefits
Cons
Lack of management, unfair treatment when problem solving
productive and professional
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 6, 2018
excellent staff and friendly,
huddles were held every morning before start time, we review the schedule with the doctors to prepare once we call patients in.
hardest part was the timing, everything is being timed and must be completed under the timing regulation.
Patient Service
Manager, N ursing Quality & Patient Safety (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2018
I loved the care that this organization provided to its patients. They are very patient centric and the patients are so appreciative of the care that is provided.
Job
Environmental (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 2, 2018
Not what was expected when they give you job interviews there jobs are totally different from what’s offered to you had worst supervisor ever when I need to ask questions
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Supervisor
Fast Paced Environment
Human Resources Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2018
I believe its a good company with a great mission. The job that I had was lacking in growth therefor, I needed to leave to find a company to grow with.
Poor Management Poor Ethics
Member Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CASeptember 19, 2018
Supervisor socializes with her employees outside of work and then wonders why there's always tension in the dept. This causes favoritism between good workers who don't care for socializing after business hours and lazy workers whom gossip all day. AltaMed seems to promote this type of environment because even after complaining to HR the supervisor seemed to remain at the company unscathed. Shame on AtaMed.
very good
Server (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CASeptember 18, 2018
everything very well highly is one the best places where i have worked and i have very good evaluations > step that new administration arrived but the last 3 o 4 years were super time I recommend Altamed for their good services to patients . and Compania That care about the employee
Terrible Company to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2018
AltaMed is not a great place for culture. This by far was one of the worse places I’ve ever worked. The management plays favoritism and there is no room for growth. I wouldn’t recommend working here as they don’t understand the meaning of work/life balance. Avoid working for this company at all cost, not a happy environment to work in. I will never work here EVER again! HR is horrible and don’t know what they are doing along with leadership in Managed Care.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Management is terrible and they only promote who they like
A growing company committed to training and excellence in all aspects of its . Fast growth, stressful environment depending on specific duties.
Administrator, Medical and Dental Services (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAAugust 29, 2018
Overall the company has many positive attributes. However, due to the complexity of the organization not all jobs carried the same level of stress.

The company emerged from a "Mom & Pop" environment to become a world class leader in its field. Nepotism exists on some level and the playing field was not always level when performance was evaluated. The company attracts very talented professionals,

What was liked most was the ongoing commitment to staff development and staff satisfaction.
Great benefits, good atmosphere
Health Information Representative (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAAugust 28, 2018
One of the best places I have worked. Lucky enough to have an HIM team that really looks out for each other and works collaboratively. Downside is the lack of job security due to changes in corporate.
Other than that, great benefits, good pay, good people.
Health Information Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAAugust 26, 2018
Manage staff at two clinic locations for the health information management department.

Successfully implemented workgroups that ensured utmost efficiency for clinical workflows.
a day at work
LVN Lead (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 24, 2018
Workplace is awesome, at the location I was working at working with the team including physicians it felt like a family. Learning and growing within a company is a plus here, but at the same time too much responsibility with not the correct pay for all you do.
Cons
yearly raise not so good
Senior Recruiter
Senior Recruiter / Contractor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for AltaMed. The HR Talent Acquisition Manager is very nice and a good manager. AltaMed is a great company. I enjoyed my time at AltaMed.
Very demanding and stressful envioroment
Dental Health Clinic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAAugust 6, 2018
AltaMed has a great mission statement; unfortunately, some management members are not qualified to drive the mission, nor to mentor their teams. There is not accountability from directors or some management personnel, they simply wash their hands and blame others.

Lastly, some directors or management staff, are not qualified for their positions; what I noticed is that in many cases, staffed were promoted because they were part of the good friends circle, and not based on their abilities or skills. Thus leading for many providers (Doctors) and staff to leave the company. This has created an outburst of short staffing and very minimum support to replace vacancies. This situation continuous to increase the level of stars staff is experiencing.
Benefits
Cons
depending on the department otr clinic you work out of, you may have to watch your back a lot before you get throughn under the bus, or blamed for practically anything. Some
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 28, 2018
Working for Altamed there's hardly any down time from morning to end day .Meeting are required to be attended once month in which causes are work follow to be backed up
Pros
starting pay is decent
Cons
changes of management
Horrible Management and upper management
Medical Provider (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2018
Worst working experience ever. Was told to prescribe Norco to patients by Office Manager at the clinic for patients. Was micromanaged and by Head Doctor at clinic. When expressed complaints to Corporate, nothing was done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AltaMed. Our community is ready to answer.