Altamont Program Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced, always busy!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 25, 2018
I enjoyed the environment! Due to the fact that I have always enjoyed helping others. It gave me that experience with all types of people and attitudes! I felt wanted and needed everyday! I love assisting others with the up come of their life!
Pros
Giving back to the community!
Cons
No incentives
A great place to work for.
Banquet Server/Sales (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYSeptember 22, 2018
Team oriented with every step of the day. Get to meet new people and learn new things about them. I was traveling to different counties everyday. The hardest part was saying good by when clients moved on to another step to there live.
Very stressful
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 16, 2018
Very competitive and cutthroat. Your paid well but work conditions can be challenging at times. Upper management changed a lot while I was there. No more to say about The Altamont Program.
Pros
Lot of vacation time
Cons
Health insurance wasn't the greatest
Productive and a fun workplace
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 5, 2018
Was hired here through a outpatient program. Loved the people I worked with besides the supervisor. Pay was low but the job was very flexible and very easy
Pros
Free lunch everyday
Cons
No healthcare or benefits
Great place to provide your skills
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 14, 2017
Good place to get your foot in the door in helping those that need help getting back into society. Best part of the job is when the residents obtain a full time job and their own apt and they come back and thank you for all the help you've given them
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
healthcare, not overtime
I was always busy and on-call
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYSeptember 1, 2016
Good Company to work for, but it did go out of business shortly after I left. Seems that upper managment had more interest in money for themselves then into capital investment. The COO went to jail for embezling from the corporation.
fair
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 19, 2015
It was difficult to work with the clientele of this company. Yet the most difficult part of the job was dealing with the attitudes of co-workers. There was a good deal for confusion as to how best to perform the duties of the job.
Volunteer
(Vounteer) Utility worker, Volunteer work program (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 6, 2015
Work Experience, Wasn't so bad. Great experience having to volunteer my time. Met Great people, Helped out where ever I'm needed. landscape, maintenance, paint, laundry services, stock, inventory, order form, Kept building clean, Maintain property, And much more. There wasn't a job to hard or to challenging I held a respectable position and if i had to do it all over again I would.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Job Opportunity
Great Program, poor leadership.
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, New YorkApril 28, 2015
Excellent leader (Farther Peter Young), but poor leadershop beyond the top rung.

Position was in complete control of the day to day operation of a 36 bed Facility for Homeless Veterans, run in conjunction with the US Veterans Administration.
Pros
Ability to work w/o direct supervision.
Cons
Inept Department Heads.
Excellent place to work and great opportunity for advancement. I love working with staff and supervisors.
Vocational Education Director (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 26, 2014
They trust their employees and listened to suggestions. Great hours and great place to advance. I was disappointed when they closed their Brooklyn Branch. I would return if they opened another branch in the City.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
closed the Brooklyn branch

Want to know more about Altamont Program?

Ask a question
cultured, get to meet a lot of different people.
Resident Aid/ Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, New YorkApril 1, 2014
Altomant is a well run stabilization program for Federal parolees. Staff is friendly and does their best to make sure these guys become productive members of society.
quiet or very chaotic
Attendant/Security/janitorial (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 28, 2013
Each day was never the same.I once worked 100 days in a row. hours ranged from 2 hours to 14 daily. managment was hard to get ahold of and when I did they took forever to get what was requested the hardest part of job was inconsistency and having to teach myself . But the most enjoyable part of job was learning trades I can use for rest of my life(stripping/waxing floors floor buffing,team managment)
Pros
No one all over you hassling you
Cons
Noone around when needed
Shelter work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington VTMarch 9, 2013
Evening and part time work. Cold facility and difficult group of client. Low pay
Busy, confidential
Payroll/Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 30, 2012
Was a very fast pace position
Dealing with all types of personalities
learned how to do payroll and hr responsibilities
hardest part of job was dealing with employees along with getting day to day jobs accompolished
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
work many hours