AltaPointe Health Employee Reviews

Poor management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALApril 10, 2019
The best part about working for AltaPointe are the consumers. Some days would be really busy and some not so much. The providers are all great and co workers are also great but can not say the same for anyone in administration. Administrators will smile in your face and be nice but do underhanded things behind your back. They do not do any raises and the pay is horrible for all that you do.
Pros
Consumers, co workers
Cons
Administration, pay
April 15, 2019

AltaPointe Health provides raises and bonuses. The pay structure is reviewed regularly to ensure that each job class is competitive in the respective market. We care about your experience and would appreciate a phone call to complete an exit interview to better understand your concerns about the relationship with your manager. Kim Washington, Employee Relations Manager, can be reached at 660-2370.

Great company!
Substance Abuse Counselor (Huntsville DRC) (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 8, 2019
I really enjoyed being part of the AltaPointe family. My supervisor was very supportive, whether it be work related or personal. Typical day is 8-430 with an hour lunch. The DRC is pretty relaxed. I was able to set up my own schedule for groups. I found that working with ex-felons can be challenging and rewarding.
Pros
Supprotive supervisor, relaxed environment, compensation, paid holidays
Cons
Huntsville location is far from home office
April 15, 2019

We appreciate your work with us! Good luck in your next position!

Messy messy environment
Behavior Aide (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 27, 2019
Working at Baypointe can be very rewarding however it is a very messy place. Certain supervisors are messy, some of the nurses are too as well as some of the behavioral aides. All they do is judge and lack understanding and do a lot of gossiping about other staff. If you don’t like drama(any normal person who’s not messy wouldn’t) then I would not recommend this job.
Pros
Consumers
Cons
Messy staff
April 1, 2019

Please give us a call to provide more details about your experience. Our Employee Relations Manager can be reached 660-2370. Thanks!

Love the patients hated management.
Behavior Aide (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 14, 2019
Management is too strict. Loved working with coworkers. Loved working with children. Loved working with nurses. Felt really appreciated by patients. Felt more needed to be done for these children.
Good place to work but does not pay well.
Clerk / patient assistance program coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 10, 2019
People that work for Altapointe tend to enjoy it but they rarely ever get a raise or bonuses. One of my coworkers has been working there for 10 years and has only gotten a ¢25 raise.
Pros
good people, flexible schedule
Cons
short lunch
April 15, 2019

AltaPointe Health offers raises and bonuses! Please give me a call and I'll be glad to share all of the different ways that AltaPointe competitively compensates employees. 251-665-2533
Thanks!
Lisa

Great work place
Behavioral Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 5, 2019
Good experience had fun learned good information and got the chance to help others in need. If need be I would definitely consider working there again
Pros
Over time available, paid training, multiple locations
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes gets physical
0/10 Would not recommend
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 21, 2019
I've never written a review but after working here felt compelled to warn people about their baypointe hospital. In general, the training was thorough although it's completely different when you start. Nobody listens to policies, people are too lazy to do their job and could careless about the kids. It was absolutely heartbreaking to work for a company that didn't care about staff or patients.
The job was ok for the most part
Child/Adult behavioral specialist (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 11, 2019
its a fast pace job very stressful if you not used to the different of atmosphere, the is very challenging dealing with mentally challenged children, i love seeing the smiles on the children faces
Productive and enjoyable interacting with the consumers
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 8, 2019
A good 8 to 4:30 job, with no weekends. Every few weeks I take 1 week of on-call, however am not compensated for that time. I have a great supervisor, very helpful and supportive. I work with wonderful staff who treat me very well. I enjoy working with the young men at the group home I oversee. My only negative about my job is my poor salary. For the years of experience I have, and with my skill-set, I feel that my salary is insulting.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Salary
January 14, 2019

Please contact Human Resources at 660-2370 to discuss opportunities to earn more pay or to ask questions about how pay is determined and the total compensation package with benefits. We are grateful for your work and want you to feel satisfied with your compensation.

This was a good Job
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 4, 2019
Working for this company was amazing just wish they had a full time position when i started i work as needed . If i could get hired back on i would go back
Pros
laid back
Cons
only worked when they needed me
January 14, 2019

Please apply to positions through our website to be considered for Full Time work, we may have an opening that fits your needs!

Keep looking
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 14, 2018
Overall this is a company that does not look out for the best interests of their employees. Very low pay!!! Never given raises but every year the insurance goes up and so does the cost of living. Will allow patients to curse you, threaten you and does not not take any of these things seriously. Staff is great and some managers are excellent but unfortunately the ppl who work in higher office will not make it easier for any advancement within the company and will not allow you to barely make over 13 dollars with a degree! Shameful!!!!
Pros
Cons
Altapointe
December 17, 2018

AltaPointe provides raises related to company performance, market evaluations, and cost of living increases. Employees even received 2 bonuses this year! We have several bachelor level job classes that vary in pay. Also, we have competitive benefits that really add to the total compensation package.

it was okay
Daphne - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALNovember 11, 2018
It was an okay place to work. I love that you are able to make your schedule. I learned to be more patient. Very good variety of people and easy going but interesting place to work. Socializing with other people. Spending time with consumers.
Great opportunity to learn new skills
Office Professional (Current Employee) –  ALOctober 18, 2018
Working for AltaPointe has many rewarding aspects such as learning new skills that can be used when applying for jobs outside of AltaPointe. The work week is a 40 hour week with weekends off and many paid holidays throughout the year . The employees work well together and the environment is harmonious. The hardest part of the job is the realization that a job promotion and a raise is very unlikely which in turn demoralizes the work moral. On the other hand, when you work for a company that serves people with different mental health needs and disabilities the job is beyond rewarding knowing that you are making a positive difference in someone's life.
Pros
Retirement benefits
Cons
Pay, Yearly benefit increases
A place I've grown into the businesswoman I am today
Manager, Adult Residential Services (ARS) (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 26, 2018
I've learned a lot about business and how to run one successfully on a daily basis. I manage the Adult residential program and it fulfills me to see our consumers do well.
Terrible
Behavioral Aide (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 15, 2018
The management was ok until they had a change in management and things were " Restructured" . Then, things started to take a turn for the worse and staff started to leave and management could care less about the behavioral staff . But, can tell you if they had to work in the homes they would not last the entire 12 hours..
Pros
All the over time you want
Cons
Managment and the patients have to many freedoms
Greta benefits, stressful work environment
Behavioral Specialist Lead (Former Employee) –  Bay Minette, ALSeptember 9, 2018
Alta pointe was a great company to work for as far as benefits go. It could be very rewarding at times for the populations served. However, the pay was minimal for bachelor level positions. They had many employees that were there just for a paycheck who didn't care about the consumers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low pay
poor place for pay and advancement
licensed substance abuse counselor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 2, 2018
LPC made 38,000 per year...I made more in an unlicensed position working at a local utility company as an office assistant 48,000 per year. May be a good place for individuals fresh out of school needing experience in the field but not a good place for seasoned individuals. They appear to be top heavy....money focused for top management only
Pros
great coworkers at the methadone clinic all got alone well
Cons
lowwww pay
n/a
Admission Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALAugust 31, 2018
The hardest part was staying awake @ night. Also, you have to be careful because you can be a target to the consumer and "mindset" won't be on your mind.
Productive and fun work place
Behavior Aide/Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Robertsdale, ALAugust 30, 2018
A typical work day is medication, meal preparation, BLS, documentation and safety. I learned that mentally ill patients did not ask to be ill. Therefore, they should be treated with dignity and respect. Management is awesome!! I have been employed with the company for almost ten years. Diversity is the work place culture and most enjoyable part of my job is being able to make a difference in someone life by being a good listener, and showing respect for each and every one.
Pros
Working for the company
Cons
nothing
Alta pointe
Behavioral Aide (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 20, 2018
What i really like about the job is working with and assisting the consumers with things they lack knowledge of to help them be prepared for the outside world.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AltaPointe Health. Our community is ready to answer.