AltaPointe Health Employee Reviews for Assistant

Awful place to work
Behavior Aide (Current Employee) –  Eastpointe HospitalMay 23, 2019
Awful place to work. As a CNA you're often looked down on. Nurses gets nice raises and are told not to discuss them while we get a 10 cent raise which is a slap in the face. Then, insurance goes up just enough to take that. The DON And both corrinators are predjudice and Soo are the nurses.
Pros
Self schedule
Cons
Name it
May 28, 2019

Employee satisfaction is very important to us. It may help to learn more about the market averages in pay for CNAs to see how competitive our pay rates are in comparison. And if you have a complaint about your work experience, we want to know. Please take the time to reach our to our employee relations manager at 660-2370.

Messy messy environment
Behavior Aide (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 27, 2019
Working at Baypointe can be very rewarding however it is a very messy place. Certain supervisors are messy, some of the nurses are too as well as some of the behavioral aides. All they do is judge and lack understanding and do a lot of gossiping about other staff. If you don’t like drama(any normal person who’s not messy wouldn’t) then I would not recommend this job.
Pros
Consumers
Cons
Messy staff
April 1, 2019

Please give us a call to provide more details about your experience. Our Employee Relations Manager can be reached 660-2370. Thanks!

Love the patients hated management.
Behavior Aide (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 14, 2019
Management is too strict. Loved working with coworkers. Loved working with children. Loved working with nurses. Felt really appreciated by patients. Felt more needed to be done for these children.
Terrible
Behavioral Aide (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 15, 2018
The management was ok until they had a change in management and things were " Restructured" . Then, things started to take a turn for the worse and staff started to leave and management could care less about the behavioral staff . But, can tell you if they had to work in the homes they would not last the entire 12 hours..
Pros
All the over time you want
Cons
Managment and the patients have to many freedoms
Alta pointe
Behavioral Aide (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 20, 2018
What i really like about the job is working with and assisting the consumers with things they lack knowledge of to help them be prepared for the outside world.
Good place to work.
Behavioral Aide (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 26, 2018
I performed electronic documentation, administer medication, taught positive coping skills, money management, and symptom management and perform clerical duties.I educated consumers on daily life skills and meal planning. This a very eventful place to work.
A wonderful place to work.
Behavioral Aide (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 1, 2018
Each day was different, very eventful at times. The documentation part of the job was repetitive. The management was very understanding and the workplace culture was very diverse. The most enjoyable part of my job was educating consumers on how to educate others about mental illness and also teaching positive coping strategies.
Pros
I got the chance to make a difference in peoples lives who suffer from mental illness.
Appreciation
Behavioral Aide (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 14, 2018
This job is wonderful for most part but I feel that all of theses houses should be required to have two staff in bc there is a lot of work that has to be done in twelve hours alone but being that everyone work at different pace some can handle their job better then others . employees should be evaluated once a year for raises and should a little more appreciation .
Mentally Stressed
Behavioral Aide (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALJanuary 9, 2018
I worked for Altapointe for several years. It was a overall an easy job but management could make it more difficult than what it is. You work with patients who can be sweet and going through things and then the most physical. I got punched in the jaw by a patient before and nothing was done to the patient. One of my co workers had feces thrown on them and management said "You know what you signed up for". They tend to put African Americans on the most physical patients even if you are a woman. A nurse stated "Blacks can handle it better". When the patients get into a fight you better be ready to hold your own for a couple of minutes because the doctors and therapist will run leaving you alone until Security gets there. The pay is not enough and the 12 hours can get to you. You have your easy days but then there are bad. The feed the nurses and administration free every friday but the CNAs and BAs dont. I was told that the coordinators will believe anything that they say over the CNAs and BAs. They dont appreciate the CNAs and BAs as they should. This job is not so much physical then it is Mentally draining. You work 3 days out the week for 36hours then you might get Hrd (you can have that day off without pay) If you have PTO you can use that but Why should you use the money you worked for? You have a nurse there that claims she is a witch and it can be alot of drama too.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Unappreciated, Pay, Drama
Stressful
Behavioral Aide (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALJanuary 2, 2018
AltaPointe is a very stressful work environment, you always have to be concerned about a consumer harming you. The management does not care about the employees needs.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Everything else
January 8, 2018

We are committed to maintaining a work environment centered on caring for our employees and consumers. Please contact the employee relations manager at 251-660-2370 so that we can work through your concerns.

Needs to show workers more appreciation with pay
Behaviorial Aide (Current Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALNovember 11, 2017
Job does offer raises and you really feel unappreciated there. Hard to advance there if they let you advance any. Turnover there is very high and work the current workers very hard because always short staffed
Good experience
Behavioral Aide (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 12, 2017
It is an okay pace to work if you enjoying caring for others. Management can be difficult at times but overall it is okay. I have worked for much worse.
Pros
Pto, self scheduling, advancement
Cons
rude managers
Need accountability
Behavioral Aide (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 11, 2017
I have to say not a bad place to work, but some co-workers are lazy. When brought up things like not everyone work ethics are the same is said to avoid dealing with the issue, but if you like cleaning urine that has been left all night on the floor, being the only person to copy and fill all the paperwork, putting away all the supplies by yourself that came in on your day off, or be only person to do weekend cleaning then this is the place for you. They will work you and give you all the shifts you want, but if you slack up they will tell you that you need to work harder, your reward is a larger check that's about the only nice thing I have to say.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Where to begin
August 14, 2017

Our HR department is available to help with your concerns, you can contact the Employee Relations Manager at 251-660-2370. AltaPointe maintains very high standards regarding consumer care and our facilities, we want to know if there is an area where improvement is needed so that we can move quickly to remedy any situation. We hope that you contact us soon!

Great
Behavior Aide (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 30, 2017
A typical work day for me at alta pointe is that I work with consumers that I'm compassionate about working with. It is a great place to work and I have had great experiences working here.
Pros
It is a great place to work.
Awesome Company to Work
Behavior Aide (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 26, 2017
Nice company to for and excellent benefits. Get to learn to deal with adults and kids with behavioral problems if thats something that interest you and if I wanted to or moved back home I would work there again.
nice enviornment
Behavioral aide (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALMay 4, 2017
Relaxing environment to work in. Dealing with the consumers is the hardest part of the job because you never know how they might act towards you and others on a daily basis.
Pros
self scheduling, good staffing
interesting and unusal
Behavior Aide (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALFebruary 24, 2017
this is a job for those that have high tolerance and patients....its a ok job....i enjoy working with most of the employees and the consumer population is cool sometimes.....but then you have your bad days
Pros
u work 3 days a week and make your own schudle
Cons
the individuals you work with at times
Very Productive and busy workplace.
Behavioral Aide (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 11, 2016
Nice supervisors that tell you everything that needs to be done pertaining to the consumers. Issue out medication then they go to day treatment classes daily,we fix lunch and dinner daily,pass out snacks,go on outings and provide the consumers needs and wants.
Pros
You do not have to clock out for lunch
Not a good work place
Behavioral Aide (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALAugust 18, 2016
It was a long and boring 12 hour shift where most of the staff was mean and only a few was really good people. You couldnt do anything but sit there and look at the patients all night long. I really didnt like the enviroment because nobody mentioned anything about a raised especially after the stuff we had to deal with.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Couldn't leave off site
more concern for consumers
Behaviorial Aide (Former Employee) –  Daphne, AlaAugust 6, 2016
I would like to see more concern for the consumers instead of workers just showing up for a pay check. Also better screening of employees due to people lying about education on applications.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AltaPointe Health. Our community is ready to answer.