AltaPointe Health Employee Reviews for Case Manager

Don't work here!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 26, 2019
If it wasn't for my co workers I wouldn't have stayed as long as I did. I hated this job. They do not care about your safely when it comes to going in and out of mental patients homes.
Official response from AltaPointe Health
June 10, 2019

Safety is #1 at AltaPointe, for our patients as well as our employees. Please reach out to us to share your experience if you think it can help us improve.

It's a job!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaApril 4, 2018
My typical work day is nonstop from the time I get to my office till the time I clock out. I've learned that no one cares about you but yourself. Management needs improving. Most people that I work with I've learned to keep them just as co-workers and never cross the lines for friendship. The hardest part about my job is getting pulled to help everyone else and at the end of the day there is no one there to help you. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my clients and their families and seeing the smile when you have been able to help them although its your job.
Cons
Low paying jobs and no raises
Great Opportunity
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 8, 2018
Your days are never the same and you never know what to expect. You have great coworkers that you work with. You will never have a boring day. I have learned to go with the flow because you may have a day scheduled but something may come up and you need to change your day. The most enjoyable part of my job is to help my consumers with their needs and working with great coworkers.
Rewarding job
Adult Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 8, 2018
working as a case manager is very rewarding. Every day I get to help people who live with mental illness improve their lives. Sure, it is challenging at times but definitely worth it
Pros
team oriented
Cons
a pretty decent amount of typing required
A great place to grow
Adult Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 8, 2018
I love working here. They give me opportunities to do my practicum and internship and are fair. I really enjoy the people that I work with, both consumers and staff.
Pros
good supervisors and team atmosphere
Cons
the pay could be better but its fair
Hang you out to dry
Jail Diversion Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 6, 2018
This company chooses a different person weekly to torment. Management will tell you to do things and if/when higher authority disapproves will hang you out to dry.
Pay fast food pay but requires college degrees
Pros
Great co-workers ... lasting friendships
Cons
Everything else
Wonderful staff and challenging clientele
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 19, 2017
There are many ways to do things-keep your eyes and options open.

Supervisors don't make teams-they give instructions/Leaders make teams-they guide by example.
Pros
Supportive staff, It's never boring
Cons
no upward mobility, low pay
Case manager
Case Manager-Children Outpatient Services (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 28, 2017
Working for the company was the best job I've ever had. The fact that I was working with children is what makes this the best job for me. My daily routine would consist on me arriving at my assigned school for that day. I would make contact with the school staff for any updates or concerns for my consumer. I would meet with the consumer to provide support, link and advocate as needed. My day would end with me making contact with parents or guardians for the their concerns and complete me daily progress notes into the systems. I would be responsible for complete ISP's and progress notes for each consumer.
Pros
working with children
Cons
Not being able to help
Not bad
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 9, 2017
Not a bad place to work, especially if you want to work in the mental health arena. If your a just starting out in the mental health field this would be a good place to start.
Pros
Your not at a desk all day depending on the deparment you work in.
Cons
Low pay
Communication is a MUST
Children/Adoescent Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALDecember 8, 2016
Lack of communicating with employees. Management could do a better job with communicating with staff in every aspect. Other employees and clients are fine to work with.
Productive with a few moments of laughter
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALSeptember 4, 2016
A typical day at work for me consist of tons of paperwork, emails and phone calls. I am always learning something new because of the changes that's always are being made by the company, the state or Medicaid. Most of my co-workers are easy to communicate with and are team players. The hardest part about my job is loosing someone that you've gotten close to either by withdrawing from the program or due to sickness/death. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get a change to visit my patients at the day program or go on outings with them. Its something about my patients that brings a smile on my face even when the day seems hard.
Cons
The cost of insurance and no raise
Great Colleagues
Jail Diversion Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 21, 2015
AltaPointe is an awesome place to work until payday rolls around. If you have a passion for helping people you will love the job but if you are trying to make a living I hope your husband or wife make a good living.
Helping storm victims to re-adjust to life changing situations.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 17, 2015
My work experience with Volunteers of America exhibited how a natural disaster can change individuals lives. I started with Volunteers of America after Hurricane Katrina. The experience of helping families relocate and put their back together after the storm was amazing An terrible experience.dealing with the circumstances after a hurricane makes you appreciate life.
Pros
Working and helping people is great.
Cons
Life make you realize this could have been you and your family.
Friendly and professional place to work.
Alabama Certified Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 17, 2014
Altapointe Health Systems is a great place to start a career in the mental health system of Alabama. I have been blessed with a wonderful supervisor who is very knowledgeable and professional. The other employees are polite and courteous. Working in the mental health field is also rewarding because you have the chance to work one-on-one with individuals in the community to ensure they have good quality of life.
Pros
friendly staff and good benefits
Cons
low pay
Cm
Case manager (Former Employee) –  AltapointeOctober 20, 2013
The pay is too low and it's not worth jeopardizing your life for.
Pros
Cons
Co workers
Rewarding and Innovative
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 23, 2013
Nothing about my job with this company is hard. A typical day for me is usually very rewarding because of the services that are provided to my clients. I am apart of an amazing team that works tirelessly to get the job done. The most enjoyable part of my job is the expression of a client that is satisfied with the service/services they have received.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
low mileage compensation per mile
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 11, 2013
Needs improvement on management/supervisor communication with employee's.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Low pay!
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AlApril 24, 2013
I was offered a position as a case manager. They offered me around $10.75 an hour. This is ridiculous. It shows a complete lack of respect for their employes. Needless to say I turned down the position.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
low pay!
I really enjoyed working at Altipointe
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  5750A Southland Drive Mobile, Al.March 27, 2013
My last job at Altapointe was in Case Management. a typical day would be to come in assess your case load to see what work needed to be done on any of your files,and see who you needed t make a site visit on, then you arrange your day accordingly. After you have made your visits, and sat in on whatever meetings you had lined up for that day, you go back to the office and put in your billing and type your case notes.Basically I learned how to prioritize and organize my time, and utilized to the best advantage. Management was not that great once again I was bullied out of my job after an on the job injury by my supervisor. Co-workers were afraid of the supervisor but over all were a good group of people. The hardest part of the job for me was being let go for something I felt like was my supervisor's inability to take responsibility for her actions, The best part of the job was going to work everyday. I loved my job!
Pros
altapointe provides a great service for families in need of their service.
Cons
they do not value their employees
I really enjoyed working at Altipointe
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  5750A Southland drive Mobile, Al.March 27, 2013
My last job at Altapointe was in Case Management. A typical day would be to come in, assess your case load to see what work needed to be done on any of your files,and see who you needed to make a site visit on, then you arrange your day accordingly. After you have made your visits, and sat in on whatever meetings you had lined up for that day, you go back to the office and put in your billing and type your case notes.Basically I learned how to prioritize and organize my time, and utilized to my best advantage. Management was not that great once again I was bullied out of my job after an on the job injury by my supervisor. Co-workers were afraid of the supervisor, but over all were a good group of people. The hardest part of the job for me was being let go for something I felt like was my supervisor's inability to take responsibility for her actions, The best part of the job was going to work everyday. I loved my job!
Pros
altapointe provides a great service for families in need of their service.
Cons
they do not value their employees